Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
They should've put that Matt Jackson promo on Dynamite, etc. 35 minutes, all good, dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

smarxist posted:

Speaking of The Bucks, who the hell takes THEM down?

With the men's title match this weekend featuring both PAC and OC, it feels like it would be really easy to use that as an inflection point to put either Best Friends or the Lucha Bros up against the Elite. The parking lot brawl spun out of the Jericho/OC feud, so that's a familiar path if they want to follow it. Plus, if you went Best Friends, you could set up a show where they challenge for the tag titles and Statlander goes after the women's championship. Give Britt another thing to be mean about, and give Statlander a bit of an edge when she gets angry that she loses on the same show that her friends won.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bucks and Shida both go over this weekend. Bucks will not drop until Lucha Bros challenge. Britt's getting the title eventually but Shida's going over at the PPV and then there will a gimmick match followup that Britt wins.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder how you could book Shida going over without the live crowd being massively disappointed. I'm already suspecting that, win or lose, this is the first time Shida will blade.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Matt shooting on Moxley's new walkout music lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bucks are keeping the belts until best friends or Lucha Bros take them, then those two feud.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DO segment was great. As they all walked out and Page said he had a tag match with Edge killed me.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Chuck and Orange being at the basketball game is for sure setting up a run-in on Wednesday, right?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I would be shocked if Britt didn't win on Sunday. I've enjoyed Shida as a champion and she's put on some very very good matches - and the tournament was just amazing - but the poetry of Shida debuting at Double Or Nothing, winning the title at Double Or Nothing, and losing the title at Double Or Nothing would be hard to resist even if it weren't Britt's time to be champion.

I also think Shida deserves a break and deserves a story that doesn't revolve around the women's title. Letting her tag with someone like Kris Stat would be great, especially if you could roll it into something like another women's tag tournament.. Either that or giving her the opportunity to be turned heel by the loss.

It's Britt's time to be champ, I think. And it's a mark of how well Shida has done as champ that this is a belt worthy of Britt winning it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

DLC Inc posted:

someone told me Jericho has wrestled every PWI #1 wrestler except Sting. Time to make that match happen, now or never lol
There must be some timeframe caveats for that because the list goes back to 1972 and the #1 wrestlers were:

1970s: Pedro Morales, Jack Brisco, Bruno Sammartino, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race
1980s: Bob Backlund, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage
1990s: Sting, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Big Van Vader, Diesel, The Giant, Lex Luger, Stone Cold Steve Austin
2000s: The Rock, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Batista, John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton
2010s: Randy Orton, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, Adam Cole
2020s: Jon Moxley

Of those:
- Jericho's never wrestled Sting, Adam Cole, Big Van Vader, Harley, or any of the 1970s winners (he did a tag match against Bob Backlund in 2000 though)
- Outside of a 2002 house show and some Royal Rumbles has never wrestled Lesnar.
- If you exclude World War 3 60 Man Battle Royales he's never wrestled Luger or Savage

I'm not opposed to a Sting/Jericho match, but he'd have to really work to get matches with some of the other missing guys.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
lmao at the slightly off version playground love for the intro

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

There must be some timeframe caveats for that because the list goes back to 1972 and the #1 wrestlers were:

1970s: Pedro Morales, Jack Brisco, Bruno Sammartino, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race
1980s: Bob Backlund, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage
1990s: Sting, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Big Van Vader, Diesel, The Giant, Lex Luger, Stone Cold Steve Austin
2000s: The Rock, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Batista, John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton
2010s: Randy Orton, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, Adam Cole
2020s: Jon Moxley

Of those:
- Jericho's never wrestled Sting, Adam Cole, Big Van Vader, Harley, or any of the 1970s winners (he did a tag match against Bob Backlund in 2000 though)
- Outside of a 2002 house show and some Royal Rumbles has never wrestled Lesnar.
- If you exclude World War 3 60 Man Battle Royales he's never wrestled Luger or Savage

I'm not opposed to a Sting/Jericho match, but he'd have to really work to get matches with some of the other missing guys.

PWI 500, not the WOTY. So, Hogan, Sting, Bret, Diesel, HBK, Malenko, Austin, Triple H, Angle, RVD, Lesnar, Benoit, Batista, Cena, Orton, AJ, The Miz, Punk, Daniel Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Okada, Kenny, and Mox.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 24, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

Chuck and Orange being at the basketball game is for sure setting up a run-in on Wednesday, right?

If they ran onto the court during the Sixers game, that would be on NBA TV, and I'm not sure why they'd be at Hawks/Knicks, which would be on TNT at the time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
"We don't watch BTE Dark" slayed me.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Pylons posted:

PWI 500, not the WOTY.
I did not realize those were separate things! Then yes, he's wrestled everyone on that list save Sting, with a small asterisk for Bret Hart, since their two matches were in 2010 -- a Raw lumberjack tag match that was quickly called a no contest after the Nexus interfered and Bret/Jericho never actually locked up, and then they were on the same side of the big tag match against the Nexus at Summerslam, along with the same caveat for Lesnar. Sting is the only one of the #1 in the PWI 500 he's never even been booked in the same match as.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pylons posted:

I'm already suspecting that, win or lose, this is the first time Shida will blade.

why this????

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Bucks and Shida both go over this weekend. Bucks will not drop until Lucha Bros challenge. Britt's getting the title eventually but Shida's going over at the PPV and then there will a gimmick match followup that Britt wins.

Lucha Bros seem like a spent force, esp with Penta and Fenix flipping a coin on who gets injured each week.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Where did Rocky come from on BTE this week? I know he's got an elevation match this week but did he and Trent? team up somewhere recently or something?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lethrom posted:

Where did Rocky come from on BTE this week? I know he's got an elevation match this week but did he and Trent? team up somewhere recently or something?

RPG Vice. It was kind of a thing.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I'm not asking why Rocky was hanging out with Trent in particular, I know Roppongi Vice was a thing. I'm asking if there was some reason that they were reunited recently that I missed or if this is just a case of Rocky hanging out at NJPW Strong or something and deciding to show up on BTE.

Lethrom fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 24, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lethrom posted:

I'm not asking why Rocky was hanging out with Trent, I know Roppongi Vice was a thing. I'm asking if there was some reason that they were reunited recently that I missed or if this is just a case of Rocky hanging out at NJPW Strong or something and deciding to show up on BTE.

He was there when Nagata had the match with Mox

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Lethrom posted:

I'm not asking why Rocky was hanging out with Trent, I know Roppongi Vice was a thing. I'm asking if there was some reason that they were reunited recently that I missed or if this is just a case of Rocky hanging out at NJPW Strong or something and deciding to show up on BTE.

As you said Rocky was there to have a match on Elevation.

So they did a bit together.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lethrom posted:

You mentioned that he had a match on Elevation but that’s obviously not why he’s on BTE. It’s because he forgot his bags at Daily’s Place and had to go back to get them

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Hangman is absolutely getting that entrance gear when he finally goes for the title.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I have it on good authority that Bryan Danielson is going to invade AEW at the PPV and choke Justin Roberts with his own tie.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You mentioned that he had a match on Elevation but that’s obviously not why he’s on BTE. It’s because he forgot his bags at Daily’s Place and had to go back to get them

Idk man, the bit starting with them running into a room yelling "It felt so good" made me wonder what "it" was and if there was a segment I missed. :shrug:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lethrom posted:

Idk man, the bit starting with them running into a room yelling "It felt so good" made me wonder what "it" was and if there was a segment I missed. :shrug:

Yeah, I was figuring the match on Elevation leads into some after match scuffle that reunites Trent and Rocky, or maybe even into a tag match on Dark. But it does seem like a case of BTE referencing something that isn't out yet.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Duke Pukem posted:

I wouldnt mind seeing more tag team stuff with Statlander and Shida as a team.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/boutmachines/status/1396865152767565829?s=20

I didn't even notice

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You passed the test

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
What's the story with Matt mangling his hand in japan?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pylons posted:

I wonder how you could book Shida going over without the live crowd being massively disappointed.

Probably by just having her win, since Shida is the best.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/ilyassWillDraw/status/1396604588829118471

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Lethrom posted:

Probably catching a cizz

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://www.gofundme.com/f/xsjr9-help-us-battle-leukemia

Cezar Bononi with a Go Fund Me to help pay for his wife's cancer treatments. Trying to raise 15k and almost there. I like looking at these because it's heartwarming to see what wrestlers donated :unsmith:

Right now there's Jon Cruz on there for $100, Pretty Peter on for $200, Nemeth on for $100, Lance Archer for $300, Shane Veryzer (Slapjack) for $100, Colt Cabana for $250, Samantha De Martin (Indi Hartwell) for $100, Brennan Williams (Mace) on there for $100, Evil Uno $100, Marvez with $50, Alex Abrahantes with $100. Cody donated $1000. Tony Khan appears to have donated $5000 twice for a total of ten grand.

There are also a number of anonymous $100 and $250 donations that could have been anyone who just didn't want any spotlight.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love the wrestlers using their real names, and EVIL UNO protecting the biz

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/xsjr9-help-us-battle-leukemia

Cezar Bononi with a Go Fund Me to help pay for his wife's cancer treatments. Trying to raise 15k and almost there. I like looking at these because it's heartwarming to see what wrestlers donated :unsmith:

Right now there's Jon Cruz on there for $100, Pretty Peter on for $200, Nemeth on for $100, Lance Archer for $300, Shane Veryzer (Slapjack) for $100, Colt Cabana for $250, Samantha De Martin (Indi Hartwell) for $100, Brennan Williams (Mace) on there for $100, Evil Uno $100, Marvez with $50, Alex Abrahantes with $100. Cody donated $1000. Tony Khan appears to have donated $5000 twice for a total of ten grand.

There are also a number of anonymous $100 and $250 donations that could have been anyone who just didn't want any spotlight.

Already 90% there.

Sometimes people are good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I looked at that this morning when he first posted it and it was at like $1k so that's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1396928992947621889?s=20

this will go off without a hitch and britt will respectfully applaud from the back