Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I romanced Liara the very first time I played. I passed on all romance on my second playthrough.

I think I'll pass on romance in ME1, but romanced Miranda for ME2 and 3.

Also six out of seven of my brother's IRL fish died just as a lot of people are reaching ME2. Coincidence? Not likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

fadam posted:

Is there some lore that makes the Quarians more sympathetic? They're all (including Tali) really annoying in ME2. Just a bunch of bickering nerds with really bad allergies who tried (and failed) to genocide another species.

There's three Quarians on each of the hub worlds that are all on Pilgrimage and end up in varying levels of bad luck with a side of racism. One on Omega is trying to run a store and is being threatened by one of the Elcor store owners to not be competitive, one in the Ctadel being harassed for stealing; the guy harassing her just dropped his wallet but that doesn't stop him for being all "well she could have stolen it" and the CSEC 'mediating' the dispute still writing her up for vagrancy, and one on Illium who gets caught in a slaver indentured servitude trap. Then there's one of the scannable planets in ME2 that's dextro friendly and could have been a good homeworld for the Quarians, but the Council stopped them after they tried landing their ships on the planet because they decided to give it to the Elcor.

And like others have said, the Quarians who also tried defending the Geth during the Morning War

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

howe_sam posted:

That was where I was using it, I just got too close to the colossus. Actually that fight's been kicking my rear end on Insanity all day.
Take the rightmost path - gives you some cover from the colossus and the high ground. There are a few geth but you should be fine taking them out as long as you stick to cover. Once you press all the way up there's a clear shot at it. Get rid of the adds first. Trickiest part is timing the Cain shot since it does have a bit of a windup. Generally speaking if you start immediately after a shot hits your cover it gives you just enough time. From that distance even on insanity it's a OHK.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I took more pictures.

MAKO gonna shoot that dumb planet and wreck it good !!

Some wallpapery-stuff sans MAKO or Shepard:

Plus: TFW you get a dude to top himself but you still have two to go.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sombrerotron posted:

I took more pictures.

MAKO gonna shoot that dumb planet and wreck it good !!

Some wallpapery-stuff sans MAKO or Shepard:

Plus: TFW you get a dude to top himself but you still have two to go.

I'm gonna need to start a ME wallpapers folded because of this thread

Man, the orb in ME1 is so cool. Its the only part in the game that sends you on this lengthy text adventure and its probably one of the first things I think of when I remember the series, probably because of just how understated it is (it's not even the main thing for that planet, you have almost no reason to go looking for it since in every other case it would just be a medallion or a damaged probe or something).

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Doctor Nutt posted:

I guess I've never played this much of a completionist run in ME2 before because I didn't realize there were enough heavy weapon ammo unlocks to get 2 Cain shots. :getin:

wait, WHAT?!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Thoughts from Tali recruitment mission:

- drat it, seriously why isn't Kal reegar an alternate squadmate. He's so much cooler than Tali :mad:

- Garrus bro you really don't have to tell me every. single. time. you kill something, especially since you've got the incisor and the CAR so you're usually killing half the enemies before I even see them

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

with all the research and the right armor pieces you can get to 205% cain energy.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Doctor Nutt posted:

I wonder what the trigger for the paramour 2 cheevo is because I did Jacob's to completion and it didn't pop

:flaccid:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kurieg posted:

with all the research and the right armor pieces you can get to 205% cain energy.

ahhhh, the armour makes a difference

i could never get past about 180%

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doctor Nutt posted:

I wonder what the trigger for the paramour 2 cheevo is because I did Jacob's to completion and it didn't pop. After the suicide mission I dumped him for Liara so I could go into LotSB with no baggage (and make sure I avoid becoming the dumpee :smug: ). But the achievement for continuing or starting a romance in 2 never popped at any point for the Jacob stuff. :shrug: Not much of a priiiize if you ask me.

Isn't the trigger for the Paramour achievement in all three games the sex scene that plays en route to the final mission? So in 2's case the trigger would be banging Jacob while heading to the Omega-4 relay. If you did that and it didn't trigger than it's probably a weird glitch.

Comedy option: the game is shaming you for choosing Jacob because it's the one romantic path you can't follow through to the end aside from Thane :v:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

mastajake posted:

Just did that earlier today and it only brought down the shields and a tiny chip of its armor. Then it healed. I remember doing something with the Cain before, but not sure if I killed its shields first or what.

Did you hit it square in the face or catch it in the AOE? Even on insanity I remember the cain being a one shot if you landed a direct hit.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

nine-gear crow posted:

Isn't the trigger for the Paramour achievement in all three games the sex scene that plays en route to the final mission? So in 2's case the trigger would be banging Jacob while heading to the Omega-4 relay. If you did that and it didn't trigger than it's probably a weird glitch.

Comedy option: the game is shaming you for choosing Jacob because it's the one romantic path you can't follow through to the end aside from Thane :v:

That is in fact what happened, and I do feel a bit shamed by the game lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The best part about bringing Tali continues to be her combat drone. Her voice clips about it are great :3:

Thane is hecking best bro for an Engineer

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Doctor Nutt posted:

That is in fact what happened, and I do feel a bit shamed by the game lol

Did you double check your achievements list? On steam at least the notifications for a couple were bugged for me, but when I checked steam I got them.

One of them was Insanity II so that was a stressful 3 minutes....

Cythereal posted:

Hmmm. There's been a couple of times now when I haven't had the charm skill needed for a paragon prompt. Looks like this one on Feros requires a completely maxed out charm skill - I even have the achievement for being super paragon and it was greyed out.

The ExoGeni guy is notoriously a tough check for how nothing an encounter/character he is.

e:

Simone Magus posted:

The best part about bringing Tali continues to be her combat drone. Her voice clips about it are great :3:

Thane is hecking best bro for an Engineer

I know this is incredibly tacky but I legit squeed like a teenage fangirl when she first said "No one's faster than Chikita vas Paws!" the first time. I'm not proud but it's the truth.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Hmmm. There's been a couple of times now when I haven't had the charm skill needed for a paragon prompt. Looks like this one on Feros requires a completely maxed out charm skill - I even have the achievement for being super paragon and it was greyed out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DourCricket posted:

The ExoGeni guy is notoriously a tough check for how nothing an encounter/character he is.

And for how early most players will encounter him.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Cythereal posted:

That check is the hardest in the game yeah. Even harder than the big one at the end.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
it's also annoying because the narrative flows better if you go Liara-->Feros-->Noveria but it's basically impossible to have enough paragon to pull of the feros check if you don't do noveria first.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

DourCricket posted:

I know this is incredibly tacky but I legit squeed like a teenage fangirl when she first said "No one's faster than Chikita vas Paws!" the first time. I'm not proud but it's the truth.

Hehe big same. "Go for the optics!"

Much like Garrus, I think 99% of Tali being good is they got lucky with the voice casting. Her accent is terrific and she does a good flustered nerd

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Legion has some good lines on Samara's recruitment. Never seen them before.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Did you hit it square in the face or catch it in the AOE? Even on insanity I remember the cain being a one shot if you landed a direct hit.

Thought I hit it head on, but maybe not.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

When I get to ME2 I'm very tempted to get Legion as early as possible, but it's hard to justify letting the crew die on my Big Paragon Hero run.

Oh well, something to look forward to on my subsequent Ruthless Bastard playthrough

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
If you can stand the ludo narrative dissonance - just do the minimum to get him then hit the suicide mission with the... 3 or 4 loyalties you need to get everyone out alive? There's a calculator out there somewhere

Then just do all the missions after that with Legion.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you're on PC you can use the ME2 save editor to put Legion in the game as soon as you get the Normandy. He even has character-specific dialogue for the recruitment missions that are otherwise impossible to see normally.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, I have the mod that allows early access to Illium and there is Thane-specific dialogue on Mordin's recruitment too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

If you're on PC you can use the ME2 save editor to put Legion in the game as soon as you get the Normandy. He even has character-specific dialogue for the recruitment missions that are otherwise impossible to see normally.

The new save editor that was released a few weeks ago also has a tickbox that you can uncheck so you can do the Derelict Reaper mission as soon as it's available, get Legion, and then just trick the game into thinking you don't have the Reaper IFF so you can keep playing it with Leigion unlocked and all his Normany dialog progressing as usual, and then whenever you're ready, just re-check the Reaper IFF box.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

DourCricket posted:

Did you double check your achievements list? On steam at least the notifications for a couple were bugged for me, but when I checked steam I got them.

One of them was Insanity II so that was a stressful 3 minutes....

I'm on Xbox and I have gone in to verify it did not in fact pop. I could have sworn it was supposed to pop when you complete the suicide mission after banging your love interest but it appears to have glitched on mine. :sigh: Jacob turns out to disappoint in every way he can.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's what you get for picking Jacob

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doctor Nutt posted:

I'm on Xbox and I have gone in to verify it did not in fact pop. I could have sworn it was supposed to pop when you complete the suicide mission after banging your love interest but it appears to have glitched on mine. :sigh: Jacob turns out to disappoint in every way he can.

Heavy risk. But no priiiiiiize

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
On to the collector ship. I recruited everyone but didn't do any loyalty missions yet for maximum choice, haven't really done much side stuff either. Man there's a lot of game in ME2 if you want there to be!

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Finished ME1 today and imported my save into ME2. All of my decisions and appearance have been imported, but it hasn't carried on any of my Paragon/Renegade points, cash, or given me bonus starting XP for the import. Has that feature been removed in the remaster or have I just run into a weird bug?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Faux Mulder posted:

Finished ME1 today and imported my save into ME2. All of my decisions and appearance have been imported, but it hasn't carried on any of my Paragon/Renegade points, cash, or given me bonus starting XP for the import. Has that feature been removed in the remaster or have I just run into a weird bug?

Weird bug, I got all my stuff properly when I imported.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You know, for how often shelard's toxic choices in romance are brought up choosing to save the person they want to boink and leaving the other squadmate to die is probably the most hosed up and least discussed.

On that note, I feel like the remaster achievements clearly weren't written for me, because there isn't one for leaving your blossoming romance to die.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

You know, for how often shelard's toxic choices in romance are brought up choosing to save the person they want to boink and leaving the other squadmate to die is probably the most hosed up and least discussed.

On that note, I feel like the remaster achievements clearly weren't written for me, because there isn't one for leaving your blossoming romance to die.

It was all a setup to get a sympathy bang

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Morinth recruited :getin:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Morinth recruited :frogout:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I forgot how annoying it was to go through the entire intro of ME 2 whenever you wanted to restart. I just want to make some adjustments to Shepard's face because he looked off in the first cutscene!

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 25, 2021

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

PunkBoy posted:

I forgot how annoying it was to go through the entire intro of ME 2 whenever you wanted to restart. I just want to make some adjustments to Shepard's face because he looked off in the first cutscene!

I can't believe they didn't take advantage of their in-game excuse to allow face editing in ME2. But then I suppose that's another RPG feature that became more or less standard in the wave of games after the trilogy. I know I liked being able to tweak my Inquisitor in DAI and my Ryder in Andromeda if when they looked terrible in cutscenes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FoolyCharged posted:

Nothing about leaving the squadmate to die is discussed aside from a single short conversation immediately after the mission. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nothing about leaving the squadmate to die is discussed aside from a single short conversation immediately after the mission. :)

Not even every squad member has unique dialogue about it lol