Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm not as dogmatic about it but I kind of agree. Obviously, it's different for everyone but I like keeping a physical separation between work and my personal life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Kinda lost that war if you have a work phone and get emails round the clock

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
yeah if you have That Kind Of Job where that's even a risk, you already have That Kind Of Job

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Colonel Cancer posted:

Kinda lost that war if you have a work phone and get emails round the clock

if I had the power I would make work emails after 5 PM a crime punishable by death

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

definitely not owned, in fact feeling good about all of this

https://twitter.com/DrWomanhattan/status/1396901640322617344

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

christmas boots posted:

I'm not as dogmatic about it but I kind of agree. Obviously, it's different for everyone but I like keeping a physical separation between work and my personal life.

I feel this way about exercise, I absolutely hate working out at home and love going to the gym or a track or whatever.

but as far as work goes, if I have been doing the same exact quantity and quality of work from home for over a year you’re gonna have to compensate me for the commute if you want me to drag my rear end into the office. otherwise I’ll just go to the library or a coffee shop

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Not to belittle people with mixed backgrounds or anything but how are the anti-semites even supposed to figure out that she's jewish?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have a theory, that it's a bunch of bullshit

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hedenius posted:

Not to belittle people with mixed backgrounds or anything but how are the anti-semites even supposed to figure out that she's jewish?
it's like that joke about spotting the vegan

she'll tell you

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Flesh Forge posted:

I have a theory, that it's a bunch of bullshit

your posting betrays your degeneracy

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Getting up, getting dressed, commuting, and having an entire eight hours of your life regulated and surveilled by your boss before having to travel home does not constitute an intrusion of work into the rest of your life.

I understand the sentiment, but like a lot of things to do with work in America, there's a lot this guy has become blind to.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
does seem like meaningfully engaging with other employees would be harder remotely

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
DSA Pro-Commuting Caucus

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

the poo poo sandwich race

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

exmarx posted:

does seem like meaningfully engaging with other employees would be harder remotely

when I worked an office job it was on site and I never meaningfully engaged with another employee in a way that wouldn't have been both more convenient and easily documentable if it were remote. by the time I left that position 90% of the communication I had with my other on-site coworkers was by email or telephone anyway because most of the time I was just straight up refusing to talk to people who stopped by my cubicle with no regard to whether I was busy or not (I wasn't but that's beside the point)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the whole show

https://twitter.com/ArielElyseGold/status/1396912840326455306?s=20

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s one of the few things she can actually do competently

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pirate Radar posted:

was hoping he’d chop it and it would fall on him tbh

I thought I was in the OSHA thread.

https://twitter.com/HudsonHawk88/status/1386735178618327040

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cerebral Bore posted:

that dude needs to work on his axe technique
I was honestly expecting him to hit his foot.

In any case, that's a mindbogglingly stupid way to prune a tree. First of all, he should be starting where the branch meets the trunk (low on the ground in this case) and secondly, he should be making great efforts to avoid tearing the limb and leaving the stump split. You want a neat, clean wound so the tree can scar over it and pests can't get in through the weakened wood. Saw that puppy.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah but saws are inherently feminine and unmanly unlike an axe :biotruths:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I genuinely like my office and think going to work physically is useful but I wouldn’t mind a day or two of working from home every week

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I need to know more. Nothing about this makes any sense at all. What was the intended plan for the tree?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Work from home more like home is work heyoooooooooo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

ty

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1396947969019056133

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/lionel_trolling/status/1396914145883217923

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Speaking as the child of wasps, this is true but not in the sense that he intends. And it’s not a struggle because both are a function of the foundational belief that feelings are for irish and jews.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

They deleted their account over that?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“progressive”

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

*Checking out your brain pan* my calipers are showing that you have a wokenees lobe that's bigger than any Asiatic breeding.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Weembles posted:

They deleted their account over that?

there is a way to mark your account as 'hidden' that appears this way, which the really lovely brand builders like The Quavering do because it looks like they are actually gone and it gets a lot of ~engagement~

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1397062610147676162

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
of course The Young Turks would look the other way when it comes to genocide

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that’s not why they kill each other you dweeb

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Wouldn’t some Nazi going around beating up minorities count as progressive with this criteria?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
"Be true to yourself" is held as a value, even when that self is a monstrous reactionary shithead.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

gradenko_2000 posted:

of course The Young Turks would look the other way when it comes to genocide

:vince:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
cenkghazi ain’t going away!!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
genocide denial is very common these days

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Boomers at works have decided they are against sensors in your car to warn you if you are too close to an object or rearview cameras.

"It takes the fun out of driving. It should be dangerous," one of the boomer coworkers said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

exmarx posted:

It honestly is a little bit for me but I feel like the impact on my quality of work has been marginal and I've been able to spend a lot more time meaningfully engaging with friends and family sooooo IDGAF