Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

boop the snoot posted:

If you played lacrosse in college I automatically think you’re a pretentious douche.

If they played lacrosse in high school, they’re a straight‐shooter with ‘upper management’ written all over them.

https://twitter.com/math_rachel/status/1132326067643879424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Graveyards are stupid, too.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

Graveyards are stupid, too.

If I die in WA then I'm gonna be turned into human compost and maybe provide some nutrients to a tree and finally do something useful with my body

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I want my remains scattered over Disneyland.

Do not cremate me.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I want my body tossed in a bog, possibly near a nuclear waste site or site of a horrible tragedy. Just in case I can come back as a zombie/swamp thing/etc/etc

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

McNally posted:

I want my remains scattered over Disneyland.

Do not cremate me.

What you want us to send you via airburst?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Bury me in the Pacific Test Range.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Duct tape me to a rocket or something cool

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just throw me in the ocean or down a well or whatever is the least amount of effort

And use my death to get days off from work and sympathy points from your pals

I approve of you taking advantage of me kicking the bucket to get ahead in any way.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Toss me in that nuke disposal site with the cool sign.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

bulletsponge13 posted:

Toss me in that nuke disposal site with the cool sign.

NOTHING OF VALUE IS BURIED HERE

EXCEPT BULLETSPONGE13

HE WAS ALRIGHT

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I want a few of my buddies to steal my body from the morgue, drag me out into the middle of Joshua Tree National Park, and unsuccessfully cremate my body on account of there not being a ton of poo poo to burn in the middle of the desert.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I want my ashes and my wife ashes to be interred in the same urn.

Kinda like Achiles and Patrolcus, but less gay.

Edit: I also swore my wife that if the afterlife is real and she ends up in the mormon version, I WILL destroy the heavens and hell to rescue her.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

A federal judge said that a Georgia law banning the state from doing business with anyone promoting a boycott of Israel violates the First Amendment.

In a ruling issued Friday, District Court Judge Mark Cohen rejected state officials' efforts to dismiss a lawsuit from Abby Martin, a progressive journalist and documentary filmmaker, challenging the law.

Cohen said in a 29-page decision that the law "prohibits inherently expressive conduct protected by the First Amendment, burdens Martin's right to free speech, and is not narrowly tailored to further a substantial state interest."

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/555124-federal-judges-says-georgias-anti-bds-law-violates-first-amendment

Neat, although I'm not sure how the government is not allowed to tie restrictions to who gets to do business with them outside of race/religion/gender? Not that I'm defending the specific restriction. Just curious

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

NOTHING OF VALUE IS BURIED HERE

EXCEPT BULLETSPONGE13

HE WAS ALRIGHT

This made me lol way more than is healthy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I want to be used for med school cadaver lab, only have a Rolex or emerald or something hidden under my liver with a note telling the student congrats on finding the prize!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Sprinkle my ashes with those of my dogs in our favorite woods, the oceans and over our favorite overlook so that way some part of us will always be there.

That assumes that we live in a future where civilization exists and Viking funerals are still banned. If that’s not the case, I hope my fellow marauders will put a couple of pounds of tannerite in my chest cavity and use my remains for target practice while a deaf mutant plays “Welcome to the Jungle” on an out of tune guitar.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I want to donate my body to ballistics/explosives research. Maybe even after I kick it.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Just the ol heave ho right into the dumpster. You guys are pretty bougie in your requests.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cremation then dumped into a municipal water supply in deep red Georgia.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Burial at sea. End up as a black smudge on some Ensign's summer whites.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I want to donate my body to ballistics/explosives research. Maybe even after I kick it.

Did it while alive, 3/10, would not recommend.

The only thing I'm really concerned with for my death is getting my brain checked for CTE.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donate my organs like my driver's license says to do, then do whatever the gently caress. I'll be dead, I won't give a poo poo, maximize giving my good meat to others then do what you want.

This dude rules though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ktLen9cVM

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
When I was younger and wanted to be an archaeologist I wanted to be buried in some kind of monument type structure along with some time capsule type poo poo that could be interesting for future people to dig through.

Now you can just toss my body in dumpster or whatever. It's not like I'll need it anymore.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

If I die in WA then I'm gonna be turned into human compost and maybe provide some nutrients to a tree and finally do something useful with my body

However as a fellow WA resident this is also a cool option.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Way ahead of you, grandma.
https://twitter.com/MENA_Conflict/status/1396890664881774598

I wanna be cremated and have my ashes scattered in the ocean, preferably in or around Scapa Flow.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mustang posted:

When I was younger and wanted to be an archaeologist I wanted to be buried in some kind of monument type structure along with some time capsule type poo poo that could be interesting for future people to dig through.

Now you can just toss my body in dumpster or whatever. It's not like I'll need it anymore.

However as a fellow WA resident this is also a cool option.

At one point I was looking at options to be dragged off the coast and dumped 10 miles out of West Port.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Handsome Ralph posted:

Way ahead of you, grandma.
https://twitter.com/MENA_Conflict/status/1396890664881774598

I wanna be cremated and have my ashes scattered in the ocean, preferably in or around Scapa Flow.

That's the exact story that inspired my decision.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Crab Dad posted:

At one point I was looking at options to be dragged off the coast and dumped 10 miles out of West Port.

Look into being dynamited on a beach after drifting back to shore, that'd be good for a :lol:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Look into being dynamited on a beach after drifting back to shore, that'd be good for a :lol:

Hrm. I think if they dumped you purposely in deep enough water the critters will take care of you quick enough.

Also I’m not that fat, jerk.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just think it’s hosed up that middlemen are allowed to make money selling corpses to the US Army or whatever that they get for free. Why can’t I let the Army preorder my body while I’m still alive to spend the money on comic books and candy?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Fallom posted:

I just think it’s hosed up that middlemen are allowed to make money selling corpses to the US Army or whatever that they get for free. Why can’t I let the Army preorder my body while I’m still alive to spend the money on comic books and candy?

The newest section to enlistment contracts, a :10bux: bonus for willing your corpse to the army.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MRC48B posted:

The newest section to enlistment contracts, a :10bux: bonus for willing your corpse to the army.

I no poo poo would have taken that option.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

sky burial best burial

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

sky burial best burial

Is that where they toss your corpse out of the back of an air plane? That sounds metal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I associate "sky-anything" with the group of wiccans I met in boot camp that referred to being naked as "sky-clad" so it's never not going to seem silly to me.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Is that where they toss your corpse out of the back of an air plane? That sounds metal.

No- they dump bodies in a designated place, and let carrion eaters take it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Don't donate your body, you will just get sold and cut in to chunks for companies like Synthes to saw on.

At least see if your loved ones can sell you direct, cut out the middle man you know.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Do whatever with my body that gives y'all closure and feels best for the future of this rock in space.

I don't know the right answer and it keeps changing but I'm hoping whatever happens to my remains feeds new life.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
If y'all are serious about an eco-friendly ending then look into natural burial. Turns out that a whole lot of the usual burial practices including embalming and a fancy expensive casket are completely unnecessary and are counterproductive if you actually want to feed the trees.

They're so standardized though that people just assume it's what has to be done, so have the conversation with your loved ones early to make sure they know their options and your desires.

More about why that's a good idea here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMj4Az1MwE and here's a much more extensive interview with her: https://maximumfun.org/episodes/adam-ruins-everything/adam-ruins-everything-episode-2-death-acceptance-caitlin-doughty/

If there's nowhere close to you that allows natural burial, a) push for it to be more accepted in your community and b) meanwhile look into Jewish funeral homes. Some branches of Judaism require very specific burial customs that do not include things like embalming, and depending on the mortician they may be willing to provide services to goyim.

I found this out while trying to figure out how to handle my estranged brother's body - lots of sudden changes in plans when we found out he had converted.

EDIT: VVV Yeah but so far as I know there's only one place in the US that does it, so if you're not in Seattle you're out of luck. VVV

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There's always composting, too.