Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

HM: HUB, Shisao & Eisa8 vs. Shota, FUMA & Mil Mongoose - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

This was really fun, and featured guys I've basically never seen before who all really impressed in-ring. There was a really nice diversity in size that changed up how and what they could (or should) do to each other and overall it just came together in a great package: really, really great as an opener to the show.

Edit:

HM: The All-Star Battle Royal - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

This was completely over the top and ludicrous and stupid and I loved every second of it, and it had the perfect winner. So many incredible wrestlers in this, so many fantastic little stories and interactions.

MOTYC: Kagetsu, Hazuki, Konami, & Death Yama-san vs. ASUKA, Syuri, Natsupoi, & Mio Momono - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

The emotional background and the circumstances that lead to the match even happening at all lifts this up just that little bit higher than an HM, but the wrestling was also drat good and holy poo poo Kagetsu hasn't lost a step since she her retirement. So many cool spots/moments it does make it feel like this could be the start of further rivalries or developments, and while that probably won't happen given the unique circumstances, it's a match well worth going out of your way to see.

Don't read below unless you want to be spoiled!

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. ASUKA in an impromptu Main Event - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

Out of nowhere ASUKA challenged Kagetsu to a singles match, the retired Kagetsu accepted, they asked Hana's mother for permission and for the approval of the Korakuen crowd, got both, and then proceeded to have a fantastic match that absolutely nobody was expecting or could have dreamed of. Amazing stuff.

nth'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: HUB, Shisao & Eisa8 vs. Shota, FUMA & Mil Mongoose - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

This was really fun, and featured guys I've basically never seen before who all really impressed in-ring. There was a really nice diversity in size that changed up how and what they could (or should) do to each other and overall it just came together in a great package: really, really great as an opener to the show.

Edit:

This was completely over the top and ludicrous and stupid and I loved every second of it, and it had the perfect winner. So many incredible wrestlers in this, so many fantastic little stories and interactions.

MOTYC: Kagetsu, Hazuki, Konami, & Death Yama-san vs. ASUKA, Syuri, Natsupoi, & Mio Momono - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

The emotional background and the circumstances that lead to the match even happening at all lifts this up just that little bit higher than an HM, but the wrestling was also drat good and holy poo poo Kagetsu hasn't lost a step since she her retirement. So many cool spots/moments it does make it feel like this could be the start of further rivalries or developments, and while that probably won't happen given the unique circumstances, it's a match well worth going out of your way to see.

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. ASUKA in an impromptu Main Event - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

Out of nowhere ASUKA challenged Kagetsu to a singles match, the retired Kagetsu accepted, they asked Hana's mother for permission and for the approval of the Korakuen crowd, got both, and then proceeded to have a fantastic match that absolutely nobody was expecting or could have dreamed of. Amazing stuff.

Nth

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

Nth

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

nth-ed

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

Nth

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

+1

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH All Out Attack May 22nd
HM
Kaito Kiyomiya vs NOSAWA Rongai
- Never thought i'd be nominating a Nosawa singles match but loving hell. SO MUCH BLOOD FOR THIS NOTHING MATCH, what are you doing you goddamn idiot. Still the most compelling match Nosawa has had for a long time

Nth'ed, and...

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

Absolutely nth'ed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

Yep

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

Nth for all of this, what a show.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag League Night 3 May 23rd
HM

Yuki Iino vs Naomi Yoshimura
- Two big bruisers running into each other hard
Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama and Makoto Oishi
- Even though the result was never in doubt, how we got there was fun nonetheless

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

nth. Fantastic show. Wish I could have watched it live.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
21st May
Dragon Gate King of Gate 2021 Night 5
Jason Lee vs Kzy

Kzy's very good King of Gate continues as he has another banger. And Jason Lee more than holds up his end, he's great.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV17N411Z7YH?from=search&seid=10581143404101768279

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Suzuki-Gun (ZSJ & DOUKI) vs Bullet Club (Chase Owens & Gedo) NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 24.05

An extremely fun little tag that was a far better than you would expect it to be on paper.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Kota Ibushi & Master Wato vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb & Great O-Khan) NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 24.05

Excellent tag and excellent hype build for the upcoming Ibushi/Cobb match. Everybody in the match brought their A-game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Kota Ibushi & Master Wato vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb & Great O-Khan) NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 24.05

Excellent tag and excellent hype build for the upcoming Ibushi/Cobb match. Everybody in the match brought their A-game.

Yeah I'll second that one. Folks, you may be shocked to hear this, but COBB STRONK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Folks, you may be shocked to hear this, but COBB STRONK

Sorry, going to need some scientific evidence on this

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Sorry, going to need some scientific evidence on this

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1396782993016909826

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:rip: Master Wato got swole and then died

e: Also lol at GoK just chillin with Kota at the start of that clip

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM: Ren Narita vs Royce Isaacs, Dark Elevation 5/24
HM: JD Drake vs Rocky Romero, Dark Elevation 5/24

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I Before E posted:

Nth these, also

HM: Lee Johnson vs. Daniel Garcia, Dark Elevation 5/24

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I Before E posted:

Yeah agreed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pylons posted:

Nth these, also

I'll second that, yeah

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Late on posting this, but what the gently caress ever:

WMOTYC: Rhea Ripley vs Nikki Cross, WWE RAW 5/24/21

This entire match was a (hilarious) disaster. You had Rhea claim she could beat Nikki Cross in two minutes after Charlotte said she could. So basically Rhea has two minutes to beat Nikki.

Now this is where it gets falls off the rails: Rhea spends all of the first minute taunting Nikki Cross with lovely childish taunts. And then spends the next minute kicking Nikki's rear end nonstop until time expires. Then she is SHOCKED she lost. Commentary was shocked as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Now this is where it gets falls off the rails: Rhea spends all of the first minute taunting Nikki Cross with lovely childish taunts. And then spends the next minute kicking Nikki's rear end nonstop until time expires.
Ah, she's seen me play No Mercy

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

:rip: Master Wato got swole and then died

e: Also lol at GoK just chillin with Kota at the start of that clip

GOK found kota's weak spot, just hold him by the butt and he's powerless

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

nth

nikki deserves so much better

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC: Pencil Army VS Chris Brooks, Asuka & Yuna Mizumori, CHOCOPRO #120 5/24/21

While perhaps not quite the same level of excitement as the previous Pencil Army tag match, there were a whole bunch of spots you don't usually see in ChocoPro, including a table splash, an exposed surface DDT, and Lulu Pencil making the whole distance on a jump. The post-match devastation and promo put it over an HM for me.

Lulu Pencil vs. Brookes is the best, most heated feud in wrestling at the moment. You can fight me on that.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC: Pencil Army VS Chris Brooks, Asuka & Yuna Mizumori, CHOCOPRO #120 5/24/21

While perhaps not quite the same level of excitement as the previous Pencil Army tag match, there were a whole bunch of spots you don't usually see in ChocoPro, including a table splash, an exposed surface DDT, and Lulu Pencil making the whole distance on a jump. The post-match devastation and promo put it over an HM for me.

Lulu Pencil vs. Brookes is the best, most heated feud in wrestling at the moment. You can fight me on that.

This

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

fez_machine posted:

Nth

gently caress
YOU
CHRIS
BROOKES

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

This entire match was a (hilarious) disaster. You had Rhea claim she could beat Nikki Cross in two minutes after Charlotte said she could. So basically Rhea has two minutes to beat Nikki.

Now this is where it gets falls off the rails: Rhea spends all of the first minute taunting Nikki Cross with lovely childish taunts. And then spends the next minute kicking Nikki's rear end nonstop until time expires. Then she is SHOCKED she lost. Commentary was shocked as well.

Since the streamable of the whole match was posted I can Nth this. Just completely nonsensical booking.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

fez_machine posted:

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

fez_machine posted:

Nth. This was amazing. Also, Chris Brookes is a monster.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Purely out of interest, how are you planning to handle nominations from CyberFest? Assigning them to the promotion promoting the individual match or making a new category for CyberFight?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I actually legitimately thought that Cyberfight was a DDT Umbrella featuring NOAH and TJPW. Assigning it to the individual promotion makes sense (if people actually mention what that is in their nomination!) but isn't there at least one cross-promotional match between NOAH and DDT on the show?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I Before E posted:

:yeah:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I actually legitimately thought that Cyberfight was a DDT Umbrella featuring NOAH and TJPW. Assigning it to the individual promotion makes sense (if people actually mention what that is in their nomination!) but isn't there at least one cross-promotional match between NOAH and DDT on the show?

There are two (Kaito/Inamura vs Takeshita/Ueno and DDT vs Kongoh in a 14 person tag, so I think you only need to worry about the former)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I Before E posted:

Pylons posted:

Nth these, also

Nth. Just a bundle of really good matches on the show. Daniel Garcia is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

fez_machine posted:

Nth, ChocoPro continues to be the best