Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Lmao the loving Firefly shirt

You know Israel is failed state when they start having to import loses from overseas to do their smash and grab criminal schemes,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

please no one else ask how say slurs in yiddish

etalian posted:

You know Israel is failed state when they start having to import loses from overseas to do their smash and grab criminal schemes,

that's the whole point of Zionism though. and like, most settler narratives.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Atrocious Joe posted:

that's the whole point of Zionism though. and like, most settler narratives.

Basically this, yeah.

Rhodesia was supported in its recruitment drives primarily by (lol) Soldier of Fortune magazine. It hired losers to go and kill people overseas because they were bored and wanted to fulfill their dreams of being a soldier for white supremacy and grab a bunch of land and other wealth that wasn't theirs.

Fascism run on hate for the other but it's sustained by theft.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/praisegodbarbon/status/1396963394067083265?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Shiksa is more like the Yiddish equivalent of filthy whore.

In a sentence: The shiksa goy would commut a war crime for a schwanzer to choke on.

It's not whore. It's literally non jewish woman.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bullfrog posted:

i just had to block someone from all my social media because they were losing their poo poo about "antisemitism" in my dms too. They're a "leftist" who mysteriously spent the whole conflict posting about how sad they were for israel. she converted to judaism in her 40s and was kicked out of other activist scenes because of "clout chasing" a year ago

the DMs ended after my wife asked her to send her the articles of all these increases in anti Semitic behaviour and what is happening and she would read them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Do it ironically posted:

the DMs ended after my wife asked her to send her the articles of all these increases in anti Semitic behaviour and what is happening and she would read them

My "much more jewey than I am" brother dropped a "if there is no real threat of anti semitism why is bernie sanders tweeting about it" on me today lol

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ice Phisherman posted:

Rhodesia was supported in its recruitment drives primarily by (lol) Soldier of Fortune magazine.

Whoa for real? I admit I've never even looked through an issue of SoF - what, were there literally ads in the back pages like how you'd send away for x-ray specs or Charles Atlas' fitness program?

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

Whoa for real? I admit I've never even looked through an issue of SoF - what, were there literally ads in the back pages like how you'd send away for x-ray specs or Charles Atlas' fitness program?

yes

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mcmagic posted:

My "much more jewey than I am" brother dropped a "if there is no real threat of anti semitism why is bernie sanders tweeting about it" on me today lol

the antisemitism that exists overwhelmingly comes from supporters of israel

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Philippines iirc also used to be pitched to boomer psychos as a place they could go and get paid by the government to genocide poor people, brown people, and leftists. It was a whole cottage industry and basically what we have been doing uninterrupted since tho the recruiters require a drug test now. Ask most and they will tell you how it was the best time of their lives right up until the genocides armed up and started shooting back

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It's not whore. It's literally non jewish woman.

That's why I said "like" . It means a woman is taboo meat, unclean.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Mister Speaker posted:

Rhodesia only lasted until 1979 so unless you looked at an older issue you likely wouldn't have seen it. But yes, it was buried in the ad space reserved for X-Ray specs. If you called a certain number a person would pick up and you could be transported to Rhodesia, be given very basic military training and be ordered to murder local Africans in order to keep the scheme of violent racial apartheid and economic exploitation going. They were really hurting for soldiers because the pay was poo poo and their soldiers kept getting killed by the sheer numbers of Africans they were oppressing and quite possibly because their tactical gear consisted of nut-hugging short shorts.

There's a pretty fantastic podcast called Behind the Bastards that did an overarching explanation about SoF's function in recruitment for Rhodesia.

https://podbay.fm/p/behind-the-bastards/e/1584698400

Strong suggestion to look at BTB if you like the podcast. Evans does a good job in detailing the lives of people who have made the world worse.

Ice Phisherman has issued a correction as of 04:53 on May 25, 2021

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
if you've never looked at old issues of sof you're in for a loving crazy ride that poo poo was totally insane. if it weren't for the rise of blackwater and other government-subsidized mercenary bands to do the genocide there would probably be ads for americans too old for the army to go genocide in iraq etc, hell maybe there are and i just don't know it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Rhodesia only lasted until 1979 so unless you looked at an older issue you likely wouldn't have seen it.

Or maybe exactly four months ago.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

haha goddamn

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Oh, it's extremely fashy. There's a love of the Rhodesia aesthetic, especially among young fascists. I mean that you wouldn't have seen that particular "we're hiring" ad to go do a genocide in Rhodesia in a lovely little glossy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

blackwater/xe/academi recently changed their name to Constellis

https://www.constellis.com/careers/culture/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1396972705132515333

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cowards.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

associated puss

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
:siren:

https://twitter.com/TheGrayzoneNews/status/1397036542783369216?s=20

dti hth

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

we hear you we see you

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Ice Phisherman posted:

There's a pretty fantastic podcast called Behind the Bastards that did an overarching explanation about SoF's function in recruitment for Rhodesia.

https://podbay.fm/p/behind-the-bastards/e/1584698400

Strong suggestion to look at BTB if you like the podcast. Evans does a good job in detailing the lives of people who have made the world worse.

Lions Led By Donkeys Podcast did a pretty good episode about a bunch of nazi numbnuts who joined up with Rhodesia. Turns out morons love ethnostates.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Turns out morons love ethnostates.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh there was a win in both places

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/1396856897437933572?s=20

Yeah gl with that lmao

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1397062610147676162?s=20
At least the replies are good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The really infuriating thing about this is TYT still does better I-P coverage than any mainstream media network, and Cenk stoops to this ignorant undergrad nonsense.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
still diggin

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1397074717459173377?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Papa Cenk coming in over the top with edgy early oughts David Cross takes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because Tengri the sky god smiles on the Turk.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Cenk has form for downplaying genocides

Homora Gaykemi has issued a correction as of 07:50 on May 25, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

Papa Cenk coming in over the top with edgy early oughts David Cross takes

https://twitter.com/postXamerica/status/1397075532613931009

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

It's amazing how Hasan Piker is related to this guy.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
hahah god drat. I stopped liking TYT way back but I never thought Cenk would retreat to mainstream media BS on Palestine. Those Clinton Bucks must be some good stuff.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mostly Lurking posted:

hahah god drat. I stopped liking TYT way back but I never thought Cenk would retreat to mainstream media BS on Palestine. Those Clinton Bucks must be some good stuff.

During the 2020 election season, one of the few people Bernie Sanders formally endorsed was Cenk Uygur.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
people like cenk think all i/p conflict is based on zealots fighting over "the invisible sky man" and then also will write a complaint letter to their HOA about a neighbors gaudy trashcans

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

smarxist posted:

people like cenk think all i/p conflict is based on zealots fighting over "the invisible sky man" and then also will write a complaint letter to their HOA about a neighbors gaudy trashcans

material conditions play NO PART in my end of history fantasy land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I think post pandemic with religious fundamentalists in a lot of countries just loving up the response, feel that edgy 2000s flying spaghetti monster atheism is gonna come back. Hopefully with less racist and sexism (lol)