Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Rynoto posted:

Unless BZ changed something you can open the console and do whatever before saving and reloading to reenable them.

Problem is with lillypaddlers there’s no permanent off, or at least I couldn’t find it, so i kept having to use it.

Doesn’t really bother me though since I don’t pay much attention to cheevos but is kinda stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Not reading much of this thread because I knew I'd buy BZ day one and wanted to go in blind.

I love love love Subnautica but I gotta say this feels 10% different + new map. Granted, that's enough for me, but still a little surprised.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

coolusername posted:

I snapped and finished the game with much abuse of console commands after like, AN HOUR AND A HALF of trying to find the drat antidote cave only to get murdered brutally while I was controlling the penguin. And this was after losing my fully upgraded sea prawn in a leviathan related incident. At which point item stasisrifle, cold off, oxygen off, gently caress you goto biome happened.

I liked the game on the whole! But it has the same problem the first one does for me: my spatial reasoning is hideous, and so many areas look the same, I end up going around in circles for ages even though I've worked out what I have to do. It happened on the Mercury II, too, I had to turn off oxygen because I was literally just getting stuck in the same rooms and drowning over and over trying to find the last vent for the parallel scan. I found the room from the blocked side like, ten minutes in. It took me a solid hour to find the matching vent. And then I get frustrated drowning or dying in the same location over and over because I'm not even finding new places, I'm just going around in circles.

In conclusion: this game is mean to me, specifically. However I did think it was fun for the most part. The story's a bit janky and sometimes things trigger weirdly ( Al-an had multiple I'M A SCIENTIST dialogue) but the voice acting was solid and I feel like it's mostly Sam's arc that really really punishes the "whoops you went in the wrong order" problem because going to some bases gives you the answers and then you end up in an earlier base with amnesia.

Have you tried the pathfinder tool? That's kinda exactly what it's designed to help with.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
What's worse disabling achievements for cheating in a single player game or complaining about not getting achievements after you cheated :magemage:

Just use steam achievement manager and give yourself the Cheetos if you care that much.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Section Z posted:

Even the least imaginative base can look better if you go hog wild with windows. This is how I started feeling better about my "Pair of MP room towers with a scanner room and moonpools extending from one side in the base game. It looks less depressing when you can see all the alien containment tanks and planters from the outside. Though I wonder if the wild fish are nervous at the sight of bioreactors between floors.

Don't forget about the vertical ladder tubes which are essentially in base teleportation, so more hallway tubes between actual rooms can be nice for that. Though I never tried seeing how far that can work without the game making GBS threads itself.

I go hog wild with glass tubes, placing reinforced walls where I can, and have a beautiful view of the caves around my base.

The ladders are midway through the walkway, which I'm not a fan of. I end up creating a dead end tunnel to keep it out of the way, and they won't attach to glass tubes either.

While I would like the stairs, I was just thinking I'd love if the seatruck was articulated and moved along like a serpent. Sure, it didn't work in the real world as the SS Connector, but that has nothing to do with magic airlocks and arctic megafauna.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

matryx posted:

Have you tried the pathfinder tool? That's kinda exactly what it's designed to help with.

It’s not sufficient for me. I genuinely have a disability that fucks with my spatial reasoning- I can’t form mental maps, mentally translate a map to the locations or properly orient myself like that, and in the caves especially so many areas look identical or when having to cross huge areas like the big rear end Arctic outpost. So I’d be twenty tokens in and then welp gg. But most people don’t have my issue I know.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mr. Crow posted:

What's worse disabling achievements for cheating in a single player game or complaining about not getting achievements after you cheated :magemage:

Just use steam achievement manager and give yourself the Cheetos if you care that much.
I'd say the former given how often the cause of such things busting cheevos is the game save breaking unless you console your way past bugs :v:

It is a little like coding in declaring 'If bugs make you so mad why don't you make a game then' in pouty huff.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

So as it turns out I'd been going off to the crystal cave entrance in the geothermal zone to the northeast of Delta and dodging the Chelicate there and as I was poking around the caves it turns out Maida has an entrance to the biome right beneath her base because of course she does. Wouldn't want to have to travel any when she gets a taste for hunting bluebelly now would she? I thought that cave was part of the thermal zone entrance she had. :shepicide:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

coolusername posted:

Disabling cheevos for that is so dumb because the only reason I opened it was to stop lilypaddlers being a drat migraine trigger and then I discovered no cheevos anymore so I might as well really start messing around.

Just Steam achievement manager your due. There was an awkward spot near some endgame stuff where you can fall between a wall and a sign too tall to jump over. Had to noclip out.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

So... How Marguerit managed to survive the Kharaa? In the first game Bart's PDA made it pretty clear that they were all infected, and that it takes just a few weeks for the Kharaa to kill it's host, so she should be super dead by the time we fix the situation in the first game.
Was she also in the early versions of the story (before the rewrite)?

Anyway, I finished BZ. It was okay, but I liked the first game better.
(I plan to replay the first game after they add in the mod support, and move over some of the stuff from BZ)

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Pollyanna posted:

Does anyone else get slightly nervous when they think about re-doing their own base? There's a lot of different ways to set this drat thing up and I have absolutely no idea where to start.

You definitely need a room for power, and a room for growing food. But I'm a little daunted by all the other things you can make.

Anybody got base designs I can copy? :haw:

I commented to my partner that moving bases I feel like a human hermit crab disassembling stuff, packing things up, sticking them in new lockers, etc.

In BZ my boring method is to stack two of the big rooms on top of one another. The top one is for living with lockers/fabricator in one corner as a concession to practicality, and I have power, water filtration, farm, extra storeage, and other "utility" stuff down below. Top one gets lots of glass, bottom is all reinfornced.

Complications posted:

So as it turns out I'd been going off to the crystal cave entrance in the geothermal zone to the northeast of Delta and dodging the Chelicate there and as I was poking around the caves it turns out Maida has an entrance to the biome right beneath her base because of course she does. Wouldn't want to have to travel any when she gets a taste for hunting bluebelly now would she? I thought that cave was part of the thermal zone entrance she had. :shepicide:

Haha, yeah, discovered that by accident myself, but the other way around: knew QAnon grandma had an entrance under her base from an earlier playthrough but didn't actually find the vents (under the giant thing, I know, I know) until I came up through them after making a wrong turn looking for the crystal caves!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

nekoxid posted:

So... How Marguerit managed to survive the Kharaa? In the first game Bart's PDA made it pretty clear that they were all infected, and that it takes just a few weeks for the Kharaa to kill it's host, so she should be super dead by the time we fix the situation in the first game.

That's a good question. Maybe the bacteria goes dormant in cold environments? No, that doesn't make sense otherwise it wouldn't have killed the architects who weren't bothered by that. Maybe some humans are just naturally immune, the bacteria was a galaxy-wide pandemic that apparently could infect all living creatures relatively equally (at least based on what we saw in the first game), so the fact that life in the galaxy persisted perhaps suggests that over time non-sapient life evolved some measure of resistance, manifesting as immunity in some.

Alternatively, it's a big fuckin' plot hole. She was in early versions of the story though, from what I understand relatively unchanged.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Pollyanna posted:

Does anyone else get slightly nervous when they think about re-doing their own base? There's a lot of different ways to set this drat thing up and I have absolutely no idea where to start.

You definitely need a room for power, and a room for growing food. But I'm a little daunted by all the other things you can make.

Anybody got base designs I can copy? :haw:

I have a front yard made out of foundation with a bunch of growbeds and space to park seatruck modules.

Then I start with a multipurpose room that has machines like the fabricator, mod station, trash can, rechargers, ... and a bunch of lockers with food, water, gear, ... all the important stuff you need all the time. It has a hatch to get in, and then branches out to my farming room (just a multipurpose room), the moonpool, and a large room for all my storage.

I put the water room below this main room.

Then the other rooms that I don't need as frequently are accessible through that first set. I ended up with:
-large room with bedroom, kitchen/living room, and bathroom
-3 large rooms with aquariums (I went a bit mad)
-large showroom with all the different beds (same)
-scanner room
-control room
-observation room
-multipurpose room with bioreactor (my main power is a bunch of solar panels, if you have like 5 of them you almost never have to add fuel to the reactor)

I try to avoid ladders because I don't like them, but there are still a few.

I reinforced almost every wall that has machines or lockers on it, and then replaced almost every other wall with windows. Plus there's a bunch of extra hatches for quicker access to whatever.

Obviously didn't start out as big it ended, but the main principle is always main room => important rooms => less important rooms. Then expand and redesign and redecorate as you go on.

Section Z posted:

I'd say the former given how often the cause of such things busting cheevos is the game save breaking unless you console your way past bugs :v:

It is a little like coding in declaring 'If bugs make you so mad why don't you make a game then' in pouty huff.

Weird how opening the console disables achievements, but I can add all the mods I want and they still work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
My base is primarily a few large rooms stacked on each other, so my fish friends have room.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finished the original! Excellent loving game. Once I got down to the bottom of the ocean and did everything needed there, finishing the rocket just felt like a victory lap as I cruised around for the last few resources I needed.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Zerilan posted:

Finished the original! Excellent loving game. Once I got down to the bottom of the ocean and did everything needed there, finishing the rocket just felt like a victory lap as I cruised around for the last few resources I needed.

Subnautica is one of those rare games that doesn't gently caress up the pacing for the back half of the game. There's a definite shift towards that victory lap but it feels quick and good rather than being drawn out for padding.

The best thing they did was make you pull a bunch of levers and push buttons to launch the rocket. And show you that yes you needed to craft the shield module for a very good reason obviously the planet has a massive debris field.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I never bothered actually bringing the Cyclops back up to the surface after getting to the lava lakes and activating the arches, so I guess the sea dragon just has a big toy to play with now.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Zerilan posted:

I never bothered actually bringing the Cyclops back up to the surface after getting to the lava lakes and activating the arches, so I guess the sea dragon just has a big toy to play with now.

Come back and find it in Subnautica 40k

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

nekoxid posted:

Anyway, I finished BZ. It was okay, but I liked the first game better.
(I plan to replay the first game after they add in the mod support, and move over some of the stuff from BZ)

The Big Friend in the first game reveals that She had been dosing peepers with something that kept the infection in check, which is why the predator-prey ratio was so heavily skewed; they ate a bunch of peepers which kept them healthy for a while. Marg's log actually specifically mentions that she lived off of reaper meat that entire time so she was getting a good dose of antibiotic. It's kind of like how mercury makes its way up the food chain.

e: As for the original crew I think I remember them mentioning that they're vegetarian or something. Or at least ate little meat. So they never quite got the dose they needed to stay alive. You know, not that they didn't do something stupid like piss off a reaper next to their fragile seabase.

Plek fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 24, 2021

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Subnautica is one of those rare games that doesn't gently caress up the pacing for the back half of the game. There's a definite shift towards that victory lap but it feels quick and good rather than being drawn out for padding.

The best thing they did was make you pull a bunch of levers and push buttons to launch the rocket. And show you that yes you needed to craft the shield module for a very good reason obviously the planet has a massive debris field.

Agreed. That last bit deep underwater with the cyclops really felt like an epic adventure. And then they left a little room for denouement.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pollyanna posted:

Alright, I think I found the problem with this game. The expected progression absolutely falls apart if you ignore or get distracted away from reaching the Alien Distress Signal. After you do so, the game leads you to biomes, materials, and flora that are vital to getting most of the upgrades and tech that you need. Without progressing past that point, you're basically flying solo and completely guideless. You must get to that point early or the game's a meandering mess.

Super loving lame, honestly, and they should really consider railroading you onto it more, or at least making it easier to get to.

Well that's probably a decent tip. I was nearby but decided I wanted to go back to the starting base and craft some more items, plus it seemed like the distress beacon may have been a little deep without the upgraded 02 tank which I don't have yet, although the Seaglide may make it so I can get down there. I'll go check that out when I log in next I guess. Everyone here is way further than I am in the game because I just picked it up for the first time a few days ago.

I love that they have streamlined controller support in this one. IIRC I wasn't ever able to get my controller working with the original.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lol, had the PS5 version crash on me. Turns out when you submit a crash report it includes a video of the last 15 seconds or so. Hope that's helpful to them.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Anyone want to give me some advice on original subnautica? I got it for free with the stat at home promotion.

I've gotten inside the captains quarters, have blueprint for prawn suit, and explored the area around the degasi base that's at 300m or so.

I just don't know what to do. I am lugging a scanning station around and dropping it at the edge of various dropoffs and trying to scan for fragments. I'm not finding much for the cyclops. I haven't bothered making the prawn suit since I know it just walks around and that seems super tedious without a plan. I have no radio signals to explore or anything , the breadcrumbs have totally stopped. I need rubies and a few other things for the prawn suit and the next set of upgrades and have no idea where they are.

I guess one question is how much to worry about big enemy beasts? Obviously the one by the aurora I'm going nowhere near, but what about the others?

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 25, 2021

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

mastershakeman posted:

Anyone want to give me some advice on original subnautica? I got it for free with the stat at home promotion.

I've gotten inside the captains quarters, have blueprint for prawn suit, and explored the area around the degasi base that's at 300m or so.

I just don't know what to do. I am lugging a scanning station around and dropping it at the edge of various dropoffs and trying to scan for fragments. I'm not finding much for the cyclops. I haven't bothered making the prawn suit since I know it just walks around and that seems super tedious without a plan. I have no radio signals to explore or anything , the breadcrumbs have totally stopped. I need rubies and a few other things for the prawn suit and the next set of upgrades and have no idea where they are.

I guess one question is how much to worry about big enemy beasts? Obviously the one by the aurora I'm going nowhere near, but what about the others?

TBH the big monsters aren't that dangerous as long as your vessel is repaired >90% or so. They do a big jump-scare thing that is pretty wild the first time you see it and then shake you around doing 20-30% hull damage and then they gently caress off for a while. That pause is scripted in so you can get somewhere safe and whip out your repair tool.

I just Google for the locations of rubies or fragments or whatever. The Subnautica themed wiki doesn't have any plot spoilers for those and just tells you the zones where you might find what you need so you can go look there instead of tediously searching through the dozen or so biomes.

Are you exploring the wrecks you come across? They usually have a ton of plans inside.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PDP-1 posted:

TBH the big monsters aren't that dangerous as long as your vessel is repaired >90% or so. They do a big jump-scare thing that is pretty wild the first time you see it and then shake you around doing 20-30% hull damage and then they gently caress off for a while. That pause is scripted in so you can get somewhere safe and whip out your repair tool.

I just Google for the locations of rubies or fragments or whatever. The Subnautica themed wiki doesn't have any plot spoilers for those and just tells you the zones where you might find what you need so you can go look there instead of tediously searching through the dozen or so biomes.

Are you exploring the wrecks you come across? They usually have a ton of plans inside.

Yeah I've gone nuts on wrecks, beacons early, now scanning for those I missed, etc. Made sure to have laser cutter and repair tool for them

Googling sounds fine

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I've gone nuts on wrecks, beacons early, now scanning for those I missed, etc. Made sure to have laser cutter and repair tool for them

Googling sounds fine

Have you gotten messages to be somewhere specific with a timer?
That will lead you to a place that generally gives you breadcrumbs to go deeper.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Huh. I have no more breadcrumbs in Below Zero. I also built 3 new seatruck modules just to see and oh man they really slow me down, not really sure any of them are worth lugging around, gonna leave em at the base next trip home. At least fabricator comes with storage, Aquarium would be fun for Wet-Snowpeircer Cosplay but otherwise a worse storage module unless you're on some big fishing quest for your home aquariums I guess? It also spawned with a dead boomerang that still swims around in the tank, go figure.

I have no beacons to head toward. My only potential leads are figure out where purple crystal caves are again, I briefly went down and got some resources but inventory was full so I left. Been a long time so I forgot where it was... maybe under purple vent area somewhere? Also the grizzly seatruck lady told me to meet her on some glacier after I disabled the tower. I've been all over the "cure leviathan" side of the land, plus got the two discoveries (architect scan, teleporter) on the worm side of things. I need to find one more architect part and then I assume I just slap that together and it's over. I can hear some alarms underwater in some areas but no idea where it's coming from if that's relevant. Anyway, what glacier do I meet this lady on?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Khanstant posted:

Anyway, what glacier do I meet this lady on?

She is about 1km east of the docks

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Having gone into BZ completely blind I'm pretty I sequence broke everything so hard that I have no idea what the MC is talking about - things I'm apparently already meant to have discovered.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Khanstant posted:

Anyway, what glacier do I meet this lady on?

What OgNar said but also a bit more south than you'd expect. There is also a pop-up message from your PDA about a hollow glacier in the area which is not connected to what you're looking for but happens close enough to what you're looking for to misdirect a lot of folks

Rynoto posted:

Having gone into BZ completely blind I'm pretty I sequence broke everything so hard that I have no idea what the MC is talking about - things I'm apparently already meant to have discovered.

This is kind of a common problem in this game - you can trigger events in so many different orders that the conversations with your friend seem a bit scrambled if you discover thing B before thing A because you happened to go to places in the 'wrong' sequencing.

I also ran into issues when I'd discover a significant plot PDA and start listening to it and our little friend would cut it off to add his opinions on the discovery before it finished playing.

The plotting felt like it could have used another month in the polish tank.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

mastershakeman posted:

Just so you know, there is a grappling arm for the Prawn Suit that makes you both feel like spiderman, and actually be faster than the Seamoth with a little practice.

I would recommend dropping beacons at every new biome you encounter, just so you can look around at where you haven't explored. There are a couple biomes I feel like I can never find without consulting a map, and the more points of reference the better.

The generic answer to where to go next is always : Deeper. For reference, the Prawn Suit's maximum upgraded depth is 1700m.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

The prawn suit even early has some advantages. If you can make the drill arm, you can get a lot of resources en masse quickly from large deposits. It's very sturdy. Even the largest of predators deal maybe 20% damage to it max and will back off for awhile pretty quick if punched or drilled, giving enough time to repair. It's starting crush depth is also very high and will cover every surface biome. Just be careful about falling in trenches without the grappling hook.

I first found rubies in a biome that goes very deep, but they could be found high up in that biome (like at 100m). If you haven't made scanner room upgrades I'd start making those. (make sure you take them out before deconstructing a scanner room) The area a fully upgraded scanner room can cover is huge, and may show underground caves you might not have seen the entrance for yet.

edit: Personally I got a little lucky with scanner room placement as far as materials go. The first base I made a decent chunk of distance from the starting shallows was in a spot where I could find every material in abundance exlcuding the deep biome only ones.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I just started the first game a few days ago too. Have the Sea Moth and the Prawn suit, still missing a few fragments for the Cyclops, and the Vehicle upgrade console still eludes me. Already have a small base near the Jellyshroom vent, but I want to set up a nice big megabase somewhere that's nice and chill now that I have the multipurpose room, so that's my next project as soon as I find a good spot.

Regarding rubies, I've had good luck finding them in the zone with the Anchor Pods (the plants that look like big floating blue orbs suspended by black ropes), at around 300m or so.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Inadequately posted:

I just started the first game a few days ago too. Have the Sea Moth and the Prawn suit, still missing a few fragments for the Cyclops, and the Vehicle upgrade console still eludes me. Already have a small base near the Jellyshroom vent, but I want to set up a nice big megabase somewhere that's nice and chill now that I have the multipurpose room, so that's my next project as soon as I find a good spot.

Regarding rubies, I've had good luck finding them in the zone with the Anchor Pods (the plants that look like big floating blue orbs suspended by black ropes), at around 300m or so.

The spot that worked real well for me as an early base spot that stayed useful forever was At the top of the trench south of the westernmost jellyshroom vent. A fully upgraded scanner in that area can see into several surface biomes, and into part of the jelly cave.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I like the bulb biome for a base, it's pretty to look at, has easy access to thermal power and is easy to get to.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Googling sounds fine

Every biome has at least 1 big wreck in it. If you find at least one, maybe 2 wrecks in every biome you should be able to build the cyclops plus most of the upgrades you need. You will hear a weird creaky/crackling sound in the background anytime you are in the vicinity of a wreck.

As someone else said, go deeper. The general progression of the game is outwards then downwards.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Khanstant posted:

Huh. I have no more breadcrumbs in Below Zero. I also built 3 new seatruck modules just to see and oh man they really slow me down, not really sure any of them are worth lugging around, gonna leave em at the base next trip home. At least fabricator comes with storage, Aquarium would be fun for Wet-Snowpiercer Cosplay but otherwise a worse storage module unless you're on some big fishing quest for your home aquariums I guess? It also spawned with a dead boomerang that still swims around in the tank, go figure.

The aquarium literally does what it says in the description: it actively collects fish out of the environment. So as you're hauling it around, it just grabs fish out of the ocean for you to eat.

But I guess you do need to either have a fabricator module as well, or manually drop them in the sea again so you can stab them with your cooking knife.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

mastershakeman posted:

If you have gotten the very obvious timed event, you should have fairly obvious goals with specific depth requirements. Check your logs?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

OgNar posted:

Have you gotten messages to be somewhere specific with a timer?
That will lead you to a place that generally gives you breadcrumbs to go deeper.

Yeah I went there like 5 hours ago and just dead ended. Grabbed some tablets, cubes, etc. Learned about what's causing the crashes and I know I'll need to clean my infection to turn it off

But no trail to follow. The arch I found just goes to the other island

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Just so you know, there is a grappling arm for the Prawn Suit that makes you both feel like spiderman, and actually be faster than the Seamoth with a little practice.

I would recommend dropping beacons at every new biome you encounter, just so you can look around at where you haven't explored. There are a couple biomes I feel like I can never find without consulting a map, and the more points of reference the better.

The generic answer to where to go next is always : Deeper. For reference, the Prawn Suit's maximum upgraded depth is 1700m.

Great idea on the beacons, thanks. There's like 4 I've seen but not found much in and I can never find them again easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I went there like 5 hours ago and just dead ended. Grabbed some tablets, cubes, etc. Learned about what's causing the crashes and I know I'll need to clean my infection to turn it off

But no trail to follow. The arch I found just goes to the other island

You might have missed it, but when you visited the thing causing the crashes and found out about your infection, you should have had a log called Alien Facility Locations added to your PDA. That gives you your next objectives.

Here's the text, just on the offchance it bugged.

quote:

Intercepted background data regarding further alien facilities elsewhere on the planet.

Disease Research Facility
- Depth: 800m
- Location: Cave system with extensive fossil record, south-west of enforcement platform
- Function: Live specimen study
- Objective: Synthesis of antidote for highly infectious bacterium designated 'Kharaa'

Thermal Power Facility
- Depth: 1200m
- Location: Inside an extensive natural rock formation, in an area of intense volcanic activity
- Function: Generate energy for all local facilities

Sanctuary A - DATA CORRUPTED
Sanctuary B - DATA CORRUPTED
Offsite Laboratory - DATA CORRUPTED
Primary Containment Facility - DATA CORRUPTED
In the event of an outbreak, quarantine procedures will be automatically enforced with immediate effect. The quarantine enforcement platform will target all incoming and outgoing craft, to prevent the spread of infection offworld.

So you're looking for A disease research facility in a cave system filled with fossils, about 800m down.