Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kirios posted:

Double post and all, but does this seem to be a good deal for a new stand bag? Mine's getting a little sad and I like the idea of a 14 way divider on top.

https://www.costco.com/pebble-beach-stand-bag.product.100753430.html
For $130 you can get something from a brand name with a known track record of quality. That bag is obviously made by a normal bag company but we don’t know who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I did some further research on it and apparently it's a rebranded Sun Mountain bag from 2019. I ended up pulling the trigger on it...I was gonna replace my bag with a Brandon Dunes one when I go there but that will probably be a couple of years at this point.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah if that's a sun mountain bag then you should be fine

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I just hate the of rocking something with Pebble Beach on it without ever being there. But that's probably be being weird about it.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
I hate to start a religious argument, but can we talk iron head covers?

I get the idea, but can you just not take them on and off for every shot? I mean, I don't do that with my woods covers. Once the cover comes off, it goes back on on 18.

I get it man, you have a set of PXG clubs. Still, cleaning your clubs meticulously and putting the covers back on is ridiculous. Not a pace thing, we played in under 4 hours as a four ball. Just affected.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

If I'm carrying my bag my covers are off and on after each shot because well where the hell am I gonna put them all, but yeah if its on a cart I'll toss the woods/hybrids covers in the little basket thingy. Putter cover stays on the whole time it's in the bag though. Force of habit I guess.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

DJExile posted:

If I'm carrying my bag my covers are off and on after each shot because well where the hell am I gonna put them all, but yeah if its on a cart I'll toss the woods/hybrids covers in the little basket thingy. Putter cover stays on the whole time it's in the bag though. Force of habit I guess.

Yeah, walking you have no choice.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Putter cover stays on religiously because if I get a nick or scratch, it'll bug the poo poo out of me. Driver/fairway/hybrids stay off once used. Iron covers are fine I suppose for travel but should stay in the trunk. I don't have them.

edit: I should note I'm using cast Pings for irons/wedges, and the chatter just gives them uh character

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 17, 2021

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm a weirdo and use matching Rocket Tour covers for woods, hybrids and neoprene covers for the irons that I just put it in my pocket when I hit a shot and then put it back on (after a quick wipe).

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Keyser_Soze posted:

I'm a weirdo and use matching Rocket Tour covers for woods, hybrids and neoprene covers for the irons that I just put it in my pocket when I hit a shot and then put it back on (after a quick wipe).

You're the devil made flesh.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

torgeaux posted:

You're the devil made flesh.

My Srixon 565's are still shiny and chrome! Valhalla

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I put a cover on my 2 iron because the shaft is graphite and the head is hollow. Am I a monster?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have lost every head cover I’ve ever had within a round or two so I’ve given up trying to keep my clubs perfect.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 17, 2021

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

RCarr posted:

I love lost every head cover I’ve ever had within a round or two so I’ve given up trying to keep my clubs perfect.

I just buy used clubs that already have the bag chatter, saves me some effort.

I’ve been waiting on my new 919 forged for a week, it’s the worst.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

:siren: PGA Championship thread is up! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967986 :siren:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Never understood the idea of putting a headcover on a club that you're literally slamming into the ground every time you use it.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Shrapnig posted:

Never understood the idea of putting a headcover on a club that you're literally slamming into the ground every time you use it.

My thought, too. Sandy soil on a full speed swing is a lot more likely to marr the finish than clubs banging together in a bag.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My Bridgestone J40s ended up having some dings from bag chatter, so far my MP20s don’t though. The faces and soles have some minor scratches here and there but nothing bad at all. So glad I don’t play on sand and also have a fairly shallow swing.

I subbed in a league last night and a guy on the other team mentioned he had a ton of original K-sigs that he didn’t plan on using since he likes the Cut Blue more. He’s selling me 7 dozen next week. I already have 3doz Chrome Soft X, 3 dozen Sugar, 3 dozen of the current 3 piece K-sig, and 5 dozen 2019 TP5s. I think I’m set on balls for a while lol.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 19, 2021

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
How old does your kid need to be to take them along in the cart? Is like, 4 years old reasonable if they're a generally well-behaved kid?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

blarzgh posted:

How old does your kid need to be to take them along in the cart? Is like, 4 years old reasonable if they're a generally well-behaved kid?

Really as long as you know the kid can be safe riding in the cart, and won't cause much of a ruckus to other players, you should be fine. You might turn it off each time you get to your ball and take the key just to make sure they don't hit the pedal and potentially hurt themselves (or you) but that'd be about it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

blarzgh posted:

Age/cart wise that is probably fine ... but my kids would get bored out of their minds after a few holes and it would be a terrible time until we left.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
:thumbs up:
My oldest turns four this summer, I have just not been able to get away and play since the third kid was born.

Outings would become much more viable if I could take one or more kids along with me.

Maybe we'll try a lovely little nine-hole course first and see how she does

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It might be worth a shot but just be careful. Every golfer in the world would hate to play when there’s a kid in front of them that’s running around with no situational awareness and any parent should feel that tenfold if it’s their own child.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Suprfli6 posted:

It might be worth a shot but just be careful. Every golfer in the world would hate to play when there’s a kid in front of them that’s running around with no situational awareness and any parent should feel that tenfold if it’s their own child.

This is my concern!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Zalatoris has an eagle on 2 already.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
In case people stopped following or missed the PGA Championship thread...

https://twitter.com/RJWinfield/status/1396999787266940928?s=19

Brooks has had enough of Bryson's bullshit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo that’s great lol

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
That was too funny. I couldn't hear what Bryson said though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

“Maybe you should hit it on the right line”

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

RCarr posted:

“Maybe you should hit it on the right line”

Well gently caress, Bryson owns now.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Unleashing the bumble bees this weekend

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

My friend works for the Golf Channel. The person that leaked the Brooks video is soon to be out of a job.

Video is awesome though.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I love just endless scrolling through PGA tour suggested videos on FB.

Here is some simple chipping tips from Phil. 90 seconds chock full of good tips.

https://fb.watch/5ISCA1Wvnn/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I could watch lefty give short game instruction for hours, the man is absolutely unfair with wedges

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Douchebag posted:

My friend works for the Golf Channel. The person that leaked the Brooks video is soon to be out of a job.

Video is awesome though.

Brooks said he didn't care!

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Lost my draw. Two rounds of just hitting the ball right where i line up. Problem? I acknowledge I'm going to hit it straight, find a lineup point that is straight to target, address the ball, then make minute adjustments right of target. All. Day.

Scored ok, I rarely am aiming into trouble, but lots of missed greens requiring good chips, many bunkers today. 3 birdies, so 3 under on those holes, 11 over on the other 15.

Hit driver once. Could not get it under control on the range, so just stuck to 3 and 5w until the 18th (number 9, started on the back). 570 yard par 5, widest fairway on the course. Hit it dead center, very slight draw (less than half normal, but still), looked beautiful. 255 yards. 315 to the hole, hit my 5 iron 220. My five iron and my driver should not be that close. I've got to get that driver dialed in...maybe get a driver fitting for settings and such.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Took my first trip to a golf course in a long time, just 9 holes of a par 3 course, but it felt good to be out there. I uh, only got one par but honestly i felt like i was getting a better feel for hitting irons. I need to come out there sometime with a wedge, putter, and some balls and just work on that the whole time. That i have no problem with one handed, i just need practice on it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just ordered some HB Launcher Turbo irons, YOLO

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Panzeh posted:

Took my first trip to a golf course in a long time, just 9 holes of a par 3 course, but it felt good to be out there. I uh, only got one par but honestly i felt like i was getting a better feel for hitting irons. I need to come out there sometime with a wedge, putter, and some balls and just work on that the whole time. That i have no problem with one handed, i just need practice on it.

Nice! Getting a par is great when you’re just starting or just getting back into the game. One handed or not. Keep at it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Douchebag posted:

Video is awesome though.

This is a good dumb joke based off of it

https://twitter.com/nbaontnt/status/1397290365162463233