Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

blue footed boobie posted:

Jake Paul has suddenly developed a bad case of acne. If only there were a reasonable explanation for why an adult man who holds himself out as a boxer might develop acne when he has no fights scheduled.

:laugh: I knew guys in college who took anabolic steroids due to insecurities. It's no surprise (but still a bit pathetic) that people use them to make lots and lots of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jake Paul has suddenly developed a bad case of acne. If only there were a reasonable explanation for why an adult man who holds himself out as a boxer might develop acne when he has no fights scheduled.

That rocks, the dude us just like a real boxer

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah how pathetic a guy training for athletic competition would use PEDs, no respectable athlete has ever done this

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol c’mon man

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I want to see this acne. Will it pass the eye test?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

Yeah how pathetic a guy training for athletic competition would use PEDs, no respectable athlete has ever done this

Lots of respectable athletes have but we're talking about Jake Paul.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kimbo305 posted:

I want to see this acne. Will it pass the eye test?

You can kinda see it here, and he’s still wearing sunglasses because his eye is still hosed

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPL_-DdLZRU/?utm_medium=copy_link

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Uh guys he might just be not showering properly after all the hard training for boxing?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Who among us hasn't forgotten to shower while staying up to the wee hours of the morning covered in our own sweat brought out by training for a fake competition, researching all the best juice so that we can punch harder at our aging opponents?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It’s the back acne that’s the giveaway imo. Face acne is like... whatever... sometimes you have an acne breakout

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jake has been allowed at the mayweather fight again. I had to change my work schedule to see the fight cause for some reason this event is on a Sunday. Very dumb.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Mr. F! posted:

Jake has been allowed at the mayweather fight again. I had to change my work schedule to see the fight cause for some reason this event is on a Sunday. Very dumb.

What if Jake Paul pulls Floyd's trunks down in the post fight face off?

If he actually does this I am taking credit.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Mr. F! posted:

Pro wrestling ppvs happen on Sundays normally so it seems to just be following the convention for worked fights.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The SituAsian posted:

What if Jake Paul pulls Floyd's trunks down in the post fight face off?

If he actually does this I am taking credit.

Lol, got your shorts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who honestly gives a gently caress tbh

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
juicing is honestly one of the least objectionable things Jake Paul has ever done

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it means he takes this seriously, good for him

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Mr. F! posted:

Lol, got your shorts.

Mind I did mention that knowing that there is a decent chance (~35% I estimate) that Floyd would actually kill him if he were to manage to pull it off.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Is Tyson Fury really hanging out in Vegas for the two months before the fight? Seems risky with all of those drugs and prostitutes around (more so than usual).

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Wilder shocking the world and bringing him down would own

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

Mind I did mention that knowing that there is a decent chance (~35% I estimate) that Floyd would actually kill him if he were to manage to pull it off.

In freak show analysis, I don't see Floyd being able to mortally injure Paul before the ref/corners stop it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

yeah this won't be dempsey-willard, someone will step in before logan paul gets too hosed up

he might end up with some broken bones for his trouble if floyd's willing to put his weird post retirement tour at risk

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Okay but he was referring to the other one snatching Mayweather's shorts during the weigh in

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Yeah, just to be clear I was referring to a hypothetical incident where Jake Paul, after his brother's fight, faces off with Floyd afterwards (as is the custom) and somehow manages to pull his trunks down that Floyd or his team, once they get their hands to Jake, literally murder him.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
How did Taylor/Ramirez just happen and Haney/Linares is imminent and this post has spent the last 2 pages talking about Jake Paul’s acne.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Taylor/Ramirez

Is Kenny Bayless slipping? He seemed to have a poor performance in Taylor/Ramirez, and honestly I don't think he did a particularly good job in Fury/Wilder part deux.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

Yeah, just to be clear I was referring to a hypothetical incident where Jake Paul, after his brother's fight, faces off with Floyd afterwards (as is the custom) and somehow manages to pull his trunks down that Floyd or his team, once they get their hands to Jake, literally murder him.

oh for sure with no ref jake paul is getting strangled to death

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

LLCoolJD posted:

Is Kenny Bayless slipping? He seemed to have a poor performance in Taylor/Ramirez, and honestly I don't think he did a particularly good job in Fury/Wilder part deux.

Really bad performance by him on Taylor/Ramirez. Bayless is normally a top referee but he seemed to think that people paid to see him on the night. Was frustrating to watch, potentially even cost Taylor a chance at the KO considering how long Bayless took to restart the fight after the knockdowns, especially the last one.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Really bad performance by him on Taylor/Ramirez. Bayless is normally a top referee but he seemed to think that people paid to see him on the night. Was frustrating to watch, potentially even cost Taylor a chance at the KO considering how long Bayless took to restart the fight after the knockdowns, especially the last one.

I think you can't wrong with general rules that if a ref has a catchphrase (Bayless and "what I say you must obey", Jose Cortez "I'm fair but I'm firm", etc.) That is negatively correlated with their ability to perform as ref.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Cigar Aficionado posted:

How did Taylor/Ramirez just happen and Haney/Linares is imminent and this post has spent the last 2 pages talking about Jake Paul’s acne.

This is the freakshow thread now

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://www.givemesport.com/1698583-wladimir-klitschko-linked-to-shock-boxing-comeback-against-shannon-briggs

quote:

...speaking to Sky Sports, Briggs said he has agreed to take on former undisputed heavyweight champion Klitschko at some point later this year.

"Fate has it as it is, just today I accepted to fight Wladimir Klitschko in his comeback fight," Briggs said to Sky's Toe2Toe podcast.

"You’re the first person to know it, my wife don’t even know this, she’s outside, she don’t even know this.

"You guys are the first people to know this, I swear to God, on my mother’s grave.

"No-one knows this, you’re the first people to know this."

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Hopefully wlad smashes his face in. I find Briggs very annoying

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

World famous internet boxer Charlie Zelenoff was just served a restraining order from Kim Kardashian. If you don’t know who Carlie is don’t worry, you’re not missing much, but trust that for the specific niche of extremely online boxing fines in the past decade this is quite funny.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Jump King posted:

World famous internet boxer Charlie Zelenoff was just served a restraining order from Kim Kardashian. If you don’t know who Carlie is don’t worry, you’re not missing much, but trust that for the specific niche of extremely online boxing fines in the past decade this is quite funny.

What on earth has he been doing now? I really want to fight him.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

willie_dee posted:

What on earth has he been doing now? I really want to fight him.

Man's already mixed it up with Wilder. You are scrub tier.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Fury-Wilder 2 was $79.99 PPV. I wonder what they will charge this time.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Jump King posted:

if deontay wilder isn't busy i'm sure he'd make an excellent bodyguard, charlie seems to be very into staying 100 feet away from deontay at all times

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Man's already mixed it up with Wilder. You are scrub tier.

But I want Charlies belt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was a godawful anthem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
This fight's not bad.