Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Thank you Elon, my RIOT and BLOK calls are gaining!

e; can I post my portfolio and get CONSTRUCTIVE advice?!

I assume you're mostly invested in Coke right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

DoubleT2172 posted:

I assume you're mostly invested in Coke right?

don't be nose-y

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Give me your worst! All but CCIV and RIOT/BLOCK options are trash, but those are good, right?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i'm most interested in FAN NOISE of 12 FANS for 12 something something

edit: found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixPkJo-cx4

this is the sound the inside of your brain makes, isn't it?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
It is for sleeping! It is muted during the day! I think that BLOK call was a steal though to be H and then the 2 extra RIOTS I bought after the crash Friday.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/santiagoroel/status/1396239588335575041

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

He lost me at "Given the importance of real uses in determining store of value"

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Why this one stupid fake shitcoin is actually better than this other stupid fake shitcoin - a 32 page essay only here on seeking alpha

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Give me your worst! All but CCIV and RIOT/BLOCK options are trash, but those are good, right?

Nobody can really give you constructive criticism based on a list of positions, MC. Other than things like "based on your posting we still don't think you're temperamentally suited to trading, especially options, but really trading at all, maybe consider long-term investing for retirement and then apply yourself to a hobby that punishes you less severely for impatience/impulsiveness" but that's not the constructive criticism you're actually looking for.

But just a list of positions? Yup, those sure are some positions you have there. What did you actually want to know?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

He just needs to make enough money to be able to afford a real fan of his own is that too much to ask

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Those are some nice stocks you have there. For me to poop on

But yeah lol posting a screenshot of your positions asking for a critique like it’s a fuckin magic card collection is just one of many things that signal you fundamentally do not know what the hell is going on. Lol wtf

What are you even asking when you say “x is good right?”

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 24, 2021

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Leperflesh posted:

Nobody can really give you constructive criticism based on a list of positions, MC. Other than things like "based on your posting we still don't think you're temperamentally suited to trading, especially options, but really trading at all, maybe consider long-term investing for retirement and then apply yourself to a hobby that punishes you less severely for impatience/impulsiveness" but that's not the constructive criticism you're actually looking for.

But just a list of positions? Yup, those sure are some positions you have there. What did you actually want to know?

BLOK mostly, but RIOT as well are pretty good options. The rest, well they are mostly worthless. Just thinking those are good 'calls' I think BLOK could go above Strike by expiry, well almost certain of it (knock on wood) I'll ask when to sell if it happens, but I shouldn't sell at 49.50 to get out 1.5 months out, right?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Michael Corleone posted:

Replace Adblock with Ublock Origin and enable Windows dark mode.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Fame Douglas posted:

Replace Adblock with Ublock Origin and enable Windows dark mode.

Looks like your selfie is in the pic too, Michael.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

why are you using the etrade java gui, it isn't 1998

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can tell you if your stock is good or not.

Just bring be a live chicken and a lock of your hair.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

BLOK mostly, but RIOT as well are pretty good options. The rest, well they are mostly worthless. Just thinking those are good 'calls' I think BLOK could go above Strike by expiry, well almost certain of it (knock on wood) I'll ask when to sell if it happens, but I shouldn't sell at 49.50 to get out 1.5 months out, right?

I’m confused why you think RIOT is going to double in value in less than a month.

Especially as we’re in the midst of a major crypto correction or potential crash.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Because he’s very stupid

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It is the Brownfield Fund strat from The Big Short, just buy a bunch of way out of the money contracts and hope one hits then claim that it was just as planned.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Leperflesh posted:

I pinged my stepdad about it. My mom has pretty advanced Parkinsons, and my dad invests in biotechs and pays a lot of attention to the details, hangs out on microcap biotech discussion forums, etc. This is what he sent back:

That person in the second post is right on. There are so many studies that look super promising in Phase 2 studies that end up flaming out spectacularly in Phase 3. And 14 patients? Did they just end up publishing on their efficacy data from their Phase I portion? Because lol.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Even the trial investigating a super rare disease I’m handling right now managed 40 for phase 1, lmao cured alzheimer my rear end

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Just fyi, every time you guys see "promising Phase 2 results," realize that Phase 2 is designed as a comparison between the new drug and the shittiest historical comparison that the investigator thinks he/she can get away with using, so that the numbers look good enough to go to phase 3 and the patient numbers are as low as possible so they get accrued to as quickly as possible.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Just fyi, every time you guys see "promising Phase 2 results," realize that Phase 2 is designed as a comparison between the new drug and the shittiest historical comparison that the investigator thinks he/she can get away with using, so that the numbers look good enough to go to phase 3 and the patient numbers are as low as possible so they get accrued to as quickly as possible.

This no stop stock from go up.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
And that you can get past phase 1 as long as you don’t kill too many people

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

Even the trial investigating a super rare disease I’m handling right now managed 40 for phase 1, lmao cured alzheimer my rear end

I worked on a phase I last year, with I believe 12 globally between US, Belgium and UK. Then another phase I with 4 different cohorts of 10 each. Recruiting healthy volunteers that want to put themselves through multiple lumbar punctures ain't easy!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Cacafuego posted:

I worked on a phase I last year, with I believe 12 globally between US, Belgium and UK. Then another phase I with 4 different cohorts of 10 each. Recruiting healthy volunteers that want to put themselves through multiple lumbar punctures ain't easy!

Holy poo poo I hope they got paid well

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

"The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.[...]

This is the main advantage of ether: it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel... total loss of all basic motor skills: Blurred vision, no balance, numb tongue - severance of all connection between the body and the brain. Which is interesting, because the brain continues to function more or less normally... you can actually watch yourself behaving in the terrible way, but you can't control it."

Etown
Mar 4, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Holy poo poo I hope they got paid well

/un-officially i hope they got a 5$ off at Sizzler buffet coupon

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Made some moves today, thinkin of some moves, just wanted to nerd out and share :c00lbert: ! Oh and my fuckin cost basis finally transferred over from Robinhood. poo poo finally popped up and it's so nice to have that data. Sold off all my NKLA and XL, gonna eat a fat loss for dat. Reinvested that into AAPL, NDRA, and AMC lol. I maybe should pick up more NOK at some point, it'd be nice to bring my cost basis down some. I'm betting on those 5G contracts being v profitable down the road so I wanna hold onto that for a while. Might offload a bit of F and GE to do so, I've got over 100% gains in both! But if I wait for like 25 more days, I can write it off as long-term capital gains if i sell...so I'll probably wait like a good turd.

Stonks are fun hope everyone is having a kick rear end night/day wherever u are!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Well, everything I'm holding except $GOON is up after yesterday, but $GOON diving on a Monday is pretty normal.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Just got offered IPO access on robinhood, gonna try and snag 10 shares of Figs' ipo on Thursday. Wish me luck boys

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Did anyone else get this class action lawsuit notice thing about CCIV? I sold a while ago but apparently it's for people who owned the stock over a certain time period earlier this year. Vanguard sent me the notice.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/bitcoin-crashes-driven-by-big-margin-bets-new-crypto-banking.html

Hilarious and horrifying.

quote:

Brian Kelly, CEO of BKCM, pointed to firms in Asia such as BitMEX allowing 100-to-1 leverage for cryptocurrency trades.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

“The market does not have the same backstops that other more traditional markets do,” said Ryan. “In some ways the crypto markets are cleaner and their not being influenced by a buyer of last resort.”

Still, Ryan said regulation can be viewed as validation of the crypto market, and could be a positive for the digital asset.

"Crypto has no regulation, which makes it a more perfect asset. This makes it more valuable"

I forgot to check who this Ryan guy was, but I'm assuming he's the "I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens" guy with the hair from the discovery channel

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Good news though for crypto traders who lost a lot -- no wash sale rule!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/bitcoin-crash-opens-door-to-a-tax-loophole-for-investors.html

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It’s a beautiful day in the market boys

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah my green July CCL calls are starting to feel a little hot. Might dump soon.

But they’re up 10% just today. It could go to 11, or even 12!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SPY hit 420! And also hit 420!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Rolo posted:

Yeah my green July CCL calls are starting to feel a little hot. Might dump soon.

But they’re up 10% just today. It could go to 11, or even 12!

Hell yeah dude. My Jan 2023 CCL calls are also up bigly today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So ONTX did a 15:1 reverse split

I had 69 shares so 9 of them disappeared into the void

I now have 4 shares

And etrade charged me $38 for a reorganization fee

Meaning I've now paid $109.76 for 4 shares @ 7.50

:toot: