Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This shoot spelling bee is magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

This shoot spelling bee is magical

Ten just immediately going "Dude you're loving stupid" killed me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

Kenny is 37 years old, so unless he's a lot more busted than he lets on he should have a good five to ten years left in him. In other words, unless he really wants to sit at home and play video games for the rest of his life I think we'll be seeing him wrestle in some capacity for a while yet.

I know for sure the bucks have said as much as they are going to retire young, but I'm unsure if Kenny was on the record as being in the same boat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Kenny is 37 years old, so unless he's a lot more busted than he lets on he should have a good five to ten years left in him. In other words, unless he really wants to sit at home and play video games for the rest of his life I think we'll be seeing him wrestle in some capacity for a while yet.

Just cause he can doesn't mean he will when he can move into a well-paid back office role

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ehh, any early retirement poo poo i'd believe when they do it, and even then it's subject to comebacks

if you hit whatever number you threw out in your 20s when you swore you weren't a lifer and you feel like you can still go and there's money on the table beyond what you already got saved/invested, it's probably pretty easy to "one more year" yourself into your mid 40's, especially considering how much you give up by retiring early and then coming back

The Bucks just put on 2 of the greatest tag matches of all time in the last year and they probably got at least 10 left in the tank before they'd significantly decline (barring injury)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Plus where does he go after this belt collector storyline? Once you've run a long storyline across multiple companies that ties together years of wrestling history there's no real way you're ever topping that

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I’m 100% in on the slow burn Hangman chase.

There’s so much money on Kenny being built up as the ultimate heel and Hangman as the ultimate face.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Just cause he can doesn't mean he will when he can move into a well-paid back office role

This is true, but grapsmen are insane and will keep rasslin' long after they've officially moved into what should be a nice backstage sinecure.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

#GiveTeshaAWerewolfGimmick

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kenny also started wrestling in 2000, the guy certainly has some mileage, especially given how long he worked full bore in Japan

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Pretty sure this is UNO without his mask

Very strong

code:
 ||e
 ||NT
B||MA
energy

RIP Wheez - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726672

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kenny and the Bucks aren't retiring anytime soon. They wont retire before they get that billion dollar TV deal, so it's gonna be at least 2025.

Guys like Sammy, Ricky, Jungle Boy aren't anywhere near world title contention and Darby has outright said he has no interest in the world title and narratively, at least, I believe him. Kenny can have matches with these guys whenever down the line. This will not be Kenny's only title reign, with the world or TNT title, there's plenty of time to do that stuff later.

I wouldn't expect Kenny's reign to be like, two years. He's working through a pretty busted up shoulder right now. I think he's gonna do this belt collector story, lose to Hangman, lose the other belts and take time off to heal up. I don't think it's a lock he drops at All Out, but I'd be....fairly surprised if he doesnt start dropping belts by the start of 2022. Him just being champ forever and his shoulder getting worse to the point where he has to vacate all these belts would be a disaster that nobody wants.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MorningMoon posted:

that's Nick Gage

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Bucks are going to retire so they have more time to spend in lines to buy expensive shoes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MorningMoon posted:

That's the original death dealer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When it comes to retirement, remember the words of Jushin "Thunder" Liger:

https://twitter.com/CheeseburgerROH/status/1214974522446811138?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

The Bucks are going to retire so they have more time to spend in lines to buy expensive shoes.

What do you think they have Cutler for?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MJeff posted:

Kenny and the Bucks aren't retiring anytime soon. They wont retire before they get that billion dollar TV deal, so it's gonna be at least 2025.

Guys like Sammy, Ricky, Jungle Boy aren't anywhere near world title contention and Darby has outright said he has no interest in the world title and narratively, at least, I believe him. Kenny can have matches with these guys whenever down the line. This will not be Kenny's only title reign, with the world or TNT title, there's plenty of time to do that stuff later.

I wouldn't expect Kenny's reign to be like, two years. He's working through a pretty busted up shoulder right now. I think he's gonna do this belt collector story, lose to Hangman, lose the other belts and take time off to heal up. I don't think it's a lock he drops at All Out, but I'd be....fairly surprised if he doesnt start dropping belts by the start of 2022. Him just being champ forever and his shoulder getting worse to the point where he has to vacate all these belts would be a disaster that nobody wants.

Matt & Nick have explicitly said they aren't going to wrestle for much longer

I actually think they loaded up on tag teams exactly so they can retire and still have a strong division

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I understand the leaving the money on the table when you can still go thing, but the bucks and Kenny are EVPs of a major company now in addition to at least the Bucks being millionaires just from their merch. They also have very strong "get security for our families then spend as much time as possible with them" energy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Cody and Darby have also said that they want to retire young, and I assume they're not going to either.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cody and Darby have also said that they want to retire young, and I assume they're not going to either.

Darby will because he's going to have to. Cody is a lifer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Matt & Nick have explicitly said they aren't going to wrestle for much longer

I actually think they loaded up on tag teams exactly so they can retire and still have a strong division

I feel like they said they would retire at 40 which is like 4 and 9 years away.

Just bear in mind, all of these guys can do what Jericho and to a lesser extent, Sting ,did to tack multiple extra years onto their careers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cody will probably move to a part-time schedule at some point so he can go easy on his body while still getting to do all his big Cody bullshit

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Cody's said his plan is to retire in like 5 years and go into politics, which I expect him to do. I also expect him to unretire when his senate bid fails

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Rarity posted:

Cody will probably move to a part-time schedule at some point so he can go easy on his body while still getting to do all his big Cody bullshit

He'll go part-time when he gets elected senator.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

VideoWitch posted:

Cody's said his plan is to retire in like 5 years and go into politics
this is a work meant to garner heel heat

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Neck tats are very divisive in politics

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like if The Body can be governor, Cody can probably win a house seat or something somewhere

then i remember the neck tat...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody's a big fan of the Justice League cartoon, you see.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As if having the stars and stripes on your neck wouldn't go over huge with voters

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I feel like if Cody gains high office he will become fixated, like Inoki, on using pro wrestling to accomplish his policy goals.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

All this retirement talk has me wondering what Big Dustin’s actual retirement match is going to be since he kept going after the Cody match at DoN.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dwayne will probably be president around that time with the trajectory the US is on so it'll be wrestlers holding every level of office.

Cesaro for UN Secretary General

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Big Dust owes me a god damned texas bullrope match with Nick Comoroto before he's allowed to retire

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

Big Dust owes me a god damned texas bullrope match with Nick Comoroto before he's allowed to retire

Probably getting that next Friday.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lmao at wrestlers retiring.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
It feels like Dusty was wrestling for like 500 years by the time he retired

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

All this retirement talk has me wondering what Big Dustin’s actual retirement match is going to be since he kept going after the Cody match at DoN.

Some kind of tag match with Cody probably

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Plus where does he go after this belt collector storyline? Once you've run a long storyline across multiple companies that ties together years of wrestling history there's no real way you're ever topping that

Probably Ibushi/Omega at the Tokyo Dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is whatever CD is working towards the first actual aew retirement match?