Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Vintersorg posted:

MW in MB went up 5 cents - every bit counts, RIGHT??

gently caress PALLISTER

HE ASKED NICELY FOR YOU TO STAY HOME AND VACCINATE WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?

*McDonald's jingle*
I'm hatin it*

*This province

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

HE ASKED NICELY FOR YOU TO STAY HOME AND VACCINATE WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?

*McDonald's jingle*
I'm hatin it*

*This province

im lovin this post tho

ba da ba ba ba

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
BC released a reopening plan

https://twitter.com/darcynews/status/1397289190086242305?s=19

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

seems optimistic considering we’re passing the four month mark on second doses and the province still can’t get its poo poo together.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

BGrifter posted:

lol McDonalds cheaped out on Summer Drink Days this year. now it’s only a medium for a buck with varying surcharges from franchise to franchise if you want a large.

welp.

$5 dolla footlongs are now $7

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BGrifter posted:

seems optimistic considering we’re passing the four month mark on second doses and the province still can’t get its poo poo together.

do you live in east newton or something

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Vintersorg posted:

MW in MB went up 5 cents - every bit counts, RIGHT??

gently caress PALLISTER

I'm sure our glorious and generous small business owners will still complain about this pittance of an increase anyway

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ColdBlooded posted:

I'm sure our glorious and generous small business owners will still complain about this pittance of an increase anyway

"you're getting $100 more a year, i expect 100% more effort and 100% less attitude"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

ColdBlooded posted:

"Sorry customers, we're gonna have to increase our prices by 5% to cover this 0.4% wage increase. This is definitely the fault of minimum wage earners, go complain to your government."

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

A goon goes to his public health officer and says "doctor, after the pandemic will I be able to have normal social contact?"

The public health officer says "of course!"

The goon says "well that's great, because i couldn't before!"

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

BGrifter posted:

Maybe I don't have my finger on the pulse anymore, but I don't think many BC folks really cared about the reopening plan one way or another. We were pretty comfortable maintaining (or disobeying) the current PHO's until everyone was immunized.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

prom candy posted:

A goon goes to his public health officer and says "doctor, after the pandemic will I be able to have normal social contact?"

The public health officer says "of course!"

The goon says "well that's great, because i couldn't before!"

this one hits home :smith:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Maybe I don't have my finger on the pulse anymore, but I don't think many BC folks really cared about the reopening plan one way or another. We were pretty comfortable maintaining (or disobeying) the current PHO's until everyone was immunized.

Yeah that’s true. I guess it doesn’t matter what their reopening plan is when nothing really closed.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I'm into bargaining myself.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

cash crab posted:

the military and the red cross got sent to ontario and we sent you [checks note] advisors and tests

lmao

They are sending the army and Red Cross to MB, announced yesterday, Ford just hosed up worse earlier

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'd like to visit the island without violating the rules

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Normy posted:

my favourite bar in Victoria closed during the pandemic :( RIP Logan’s Pub

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Normy posted:

That's fair.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

just wait until you try a junior chicken

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/25/canadian-soldier-mutiny-court-martial-vaccine-coronavirus

quote:

Canadian soldier faces mutiny charges for trying to block vaccine distribution

A Canadian soldier is facing rare mutiny charges after allegedly urging fellow members of the armed forces not to help with the distribution of Covid-19 vaccines.

The Department of National Defence has announced charges against officer cadet Ladislas Kenderesi, a reservist in Ontario. Kenderesi has been charged with “endeavoring to persuade another person to join in a mutiny” and “behaving in a scandalous manner unbecoming of an officer”, according to officials.

The charge of mutiny is rare in Canada and has not been used in decades.

On 5 December 2020, Kenderesi appeared at an anti-lockdown rally in Toronto, wearing his military uniform. He warned attendees about “killer” vaccines – and called on other soldiers to disobey their orders to help distribute the vaccine.

Advertisement

“I’m asking the military, right now serving, truck drivers, medical, engineers, whatever you are, do not take this unlawful order in distribution of this vaccine,” he said at the rally. “I might get in a lot of poo poo for doing this. But I don’t care any more.”

He also called taking the vaccine “criminal”.

Imagine getting 20 years for mutiny because you had to go off on an anti-vax rant.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/25/canadian-soldier-mutiny-court-martial-vaccine-coronavirus
Imagine getting 20 years for mutiny because you had to go off on an anti-vax rant.

I'm shocked this wasn't dealt with behind the scenes. Wouldn't wanna tarnish the average Canadian's view of our military as perfect selfless saviours who can do no wrong.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

It's been like a whole week since someone reset the 'days without alleged sexual misconduct by senior leadership' counter, this mutiny business is really besmirching their honour.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Oh man, I saw that video and it was all sorts of stupid. The dude is/was a Cadet Instructor (i.e. kids).

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

I agree whole heartedly with this thread.
https://twitter.com/Faussenurse/status/1397330494371471364?s=20

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Facebook Aunt posted:

do you go to regular prison for this or do they send you to some special military prison in, like, alert or something?

also this is the shittiest mutiny i've ever heard of

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

For a military charge (and I could be talking out my rear end), they would go to "Club Ed": a military prison in Edmonton. From what I hear it's a truly terrible place, lots of abuse endured from a strict military routine "aimed at rehabilitation". Legally you cannot keep someone there for longer than two years less a day—after that, they have to be transferred to a civilian prison for risk of suicide.

Again, could be talking out of my rear end. Only really heard rumours about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_prison#Canada

mom and dad fight a lot has issued a correction as of 14:44 on May 26, 2021

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
I indirectly knew a guy that did a month in CB when they found drugs in his locker. He was a bullshitter but he definitely did some time there. From the way he told it, it's basic training cranked up to the maximum possible setting.

Some of the things I remember him claiming happened there included being forced to peel the paint from his bed frame with random objects the guards gave him, which they would spray paint again whenever he finished. As well as standing at attention for 8+ hours a day staring at a giant eye which was painted on the wall. He'd have to ask permission from the guards to do anything including using the bathroom or eating/drinking and of course they'd arbitrarily make you ask again and again until you did it to their satisfaction.

I also witnessed him do weeks of "change parade" before he got sent away, including during the night, so he was only getting a few hours of interrupted sleep at most. I've honestly never seen anyone look as tired as he did.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
I think we should just completely get rid of our military. Is it not just daycamp for fuckups at this point?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

bad news: Belarus closes its embassy to Canada after PM said mean things about them

good news: extra condo on the market

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Someone just bought it for 900k

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh look another airbnb just went up for $400 a night.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

airBandEmbassy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I'm shocked this wasn't dealt with behind the scenes. Wouldn't wanna tarnish the average Canadian's view of our military as perfect selfless saviours who can do no wrong.
:ssh:
it was done publicly because he was succeeding in spreading the mutiny

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

RBC posted:

I think we should just completely get rid of our military. Is it not just daycamp for fuckups at this point?

Hey now it also serves an important and vital means for white supremacists to gather and be trained on use of firearms and explosives.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

For a military charge (and I could be talking out my rear end), they would go to "Club Ed": a military prison in Edmonton. From what I hear it's a truly terrible place, lots of abuse endured from a strict military routine "aimed at rehabilitation". Legally you cannot keep someone there for longer than two years less a day—after that, they have to be transferred to a civilian prison for risk of suicide.

Again, could be talking out of my rear end. Only really heard rumours about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_prison#Canada

Kayso

If you're convicted and sentenced to detention, you will serve that time in a Detention Barracks. If the sentence is less than two weeks, the bosses can make just about any fit living space into a DB, post guards, and have someone standing by to feed you cock* during your many waking hours. If you're out in the goose, or on deployment or whatever, that's perfect. Or maybe the CO goes "oops gently caress we don't have a DB" and commutes your sentence to CB.

If you were sentenced to detention of more than 30 days, or to imprisonment, you could be sent to CFSPDB to serve some portion of the sentence, up to two years (QR&O 114.05). The "up to" could include "none at all", depending on the committing authority's mood.

The CFSPDB join instructions are hard to find, but if you read QR&O IV Appendix 1.4 and/or imagine BMQ where you're the only recruit and the entire staff are there to give you the runaround 18/7 then you've got the basic idea. You're reduced in rank to Pte(B) / 2Lt, you march at 120, you call everyone staff, there's a lot of drill and shining stuff, and literally every personal habit you can think of is done in parades. If you're not a complete dickhead about it, they'll loosen the screws and you'll earn your way up to the kind of luxurious treatment a fourth-week recruit could expect when the script says the Sgt is supposed to be in a good mood. If you are a complete dickhead about it, you'll have fewer luxuries and fewer privileges and modified meals, which can include bread and water for short periods.

You can't do more than two years in Edmonton; I'm not sure the reason but it's baked into the regs. Once your time there's up, you and your rehab plan are packed up and shipped off to penitentiary (for service convicts) or prison (for short-stay types). Civilian jailers absolutely love to receive service convicts because they tend to be model prisoners.

hot date tonight! posted:

Some of the things I remember him claiming happened there included being forced to peel the paint from his bed frame with random objects the guards gave him, which they would spray paint again whenever he finished. As well as standing at attention for 8+ hours a day staring at a giant eye which was painted on the wall. He'd have to ask permission from the guards to do anything including using the bathroom or eating/drinking and of course they'd arbitrarily make you ask again and again until you did it to their satisfaction.

These claims sound plausible, except maybe for the standing for eight straight hours.

A lot of the stuff from this ancient video probably still holds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZXRUcys1cs

flakeloaf has issued a correction as of 19:28 on May 26, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I can't imagine why the entire senior structure of this organization have been outed as sex creeps in the last 6 months. :iiam:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

This is the most clarification I've ever had on Club Ed, and I wish someone taught it this clearly on day one.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/RonMacLeanHTH/status/1397627434841817099?s=20

what a bizarre thing to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

A lot of the stuff from this ancient video probably still holds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZXRUcys1cs

i can tell this is a 90s canadian documentary because i can't hear poo poo in both official languages