Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

“WHAT problem do YOU have with Charlotte's proMOS? SHE is genetically SUPERIOR and TALKS very norMALLY.

...BITCH”, I finish, and then smile smugly as I drop the mic and the entire thunderdome erupts in a visually distinctive and definitely spontaneous round of approving thumbs up for me, the babyface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They still have absolutely nothing in common no matter how much these people try to force the comparison

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Britt is actually the nega-flair because instead of murdering people constantly she is getting murdered. If she wanted to be a good champion like flair she should chase after a concussed riho trying to get her poo poo in.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wtf did they do to charlotte's face?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is that a teenager

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

Is that a teenager

No that's Fuego Del Sol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

They still have absolutely nothing in common no matter how much these people try to force the comparison

- date former NXT Champions
- are women
- wrestle

They're practically the same person

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

- date former NXT Champions
- are women
- wrestle

They're practically the same person

So EVIL is 66% Charlotte.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

MJeff posted:

Aren't they doing a segment honoring Shida and her reign and the fact that she carried the division for an entire year on Friday?

Did this guy just get worked by a heel getting heat?

I feel like this question could be asked about a lot of AEW opinions lately.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man these meme jokes are getting old faster than usual

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/theaceadri/status/1397403278577520645?s=20

I mean, I know all wrestling opinions are subjective but... c'mon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kosmo Gallion posted:

https://twitter.com/theaceadri/status/1397403278577520645?s=20

I mean, I know all wrestling opinions are subjective but... c'mon.
Well, they didn't specify at what. I'm sure the Miz is better than Kenny at something.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Dropping people

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Give The Miz some credit, he got to give Grumpy Cat a lil kiss on the head.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Dropping people

You can't drop what you don't catch!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

Well, they didn't specify at what. I'm sure the Miz is better than Kenny at something.

makin babby

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

makin babby

Kenny hasn't tried. If he did, it would be the greatest baby who ever lived. The woman wouldn't even have to go to the hospital, because the baby would be so in touch with it's physicality, even in the womb, that it would painlessly exit on it's own.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/theaceadri/status/1397592173391007753

I believe this.

Now this guy is sincere.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoddReasoning/status/1397587485715222532

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoddReasoning/status/1397557667271430144

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/RoddReasoning/status/1396809703246737419

drat, I can't believe someone who spent the vast majority of his career wrestling in Japan isn't as searched for in America as the most pushed American wrestler of the past few years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

trying to argue objective greatness without actually establishing a uniform metric in which to measure greatness on is exactly what this thread is meant for.

because its loving wrestling you dolts. cheer for your faves.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Who looks coolest and does the most badass stuff is the only metric. So Kenny wins over Roman easily cause Kenny doesn't wrestle in a shirt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also Roman is weak to handcuffs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm shocked that a WWE-only fan would exclusively use metrics that show their guy is a better 'entertainer' when the topic is about in-ring wrestling.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Roman has the shittiest ground and pound elbows, they look like dogshit, and apparently they're one of his main heel moves?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's just the same boring-rear end Roman we've been watching for the past decade except this time he's beating up good guys. The way people go head-over-heels over this gimmick is absolutely baffling to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I did notice his cardio is way better.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

Roman has the shittiest ground and pound elbows, they look like dogshit, and apparently they're one of his main heel moves?

It's basically the set-up to his finisher. It's so terrible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Have a Cagematch wrestler review

"Solid in ring worker and getting better on promos each week. Works well with younger talent in putting matches together."

What's wrong with that you ask? Well, okay, read that write-up & then guess the score & then click the spoiler to see the score they gave the wrestler

10. They think someone is a solid in ring wrestler & gave them the same rating as Ric Flair, who they describe as "The Best ever!" Oh, the wrestler is Thunder Rosa. I think the description is fine, but the review/score pairing is just wild to me

Did you guess right?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've noticed some people on Cagematch like to give a wrestler an extreme end of the score (either 1 or 10) to drag the average down or bring it back up, which is loving stupid.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the rating system is stupid because it's a given that this messed up way that people use it is how it will always work rather than the intended way. instead, the system should force users to select from a list of words which are shown in a random order and you don't necessarily know which ones are above and below one another outside of the obvious. that way people speak from the heart and let the chips fall where they may. the website can't sort them into 'correct' order either or everyone will know what that is

bad
tremendous
great
choice
not bad
garbage
premier
inferior
marvelous
adequate
unfortunate

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cagematch comments are some of the meanest poo poo and should be disabled. Just rude stuff.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
God bless Reddit.

On calling out Kross and Raquel as parts of the reason why NXT ratings are in freefall:

quote:

Bland? You're calling Kross & Raquel bland?

Kross has a unique look, and is getting the biggest run of his career. After he loses the title, which will probably be later this year, he & Scarlett will be called up. I will be happy if Scarlett can sing their theme song live on either Raw or Smackdown instead of lip-sync.

Raquel, believe it or else, could be the Latina star that Vince has been waiting for. Size, strength, intensity, can be marketed to the Latin audience.

I can't believe there are actual Karrion Kross fans out there. And I'm also going to make a bold prediction and say that just because Raquel is of Latin descent, doesn't mean she will appeal to their demographic, especially since she's a MAGA shithead.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 27, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

Cagematch comments are some of the meanest poo poo and should be disabled. Just rude stuff.

One of my friends used to help out at Cagematch but he left and demanded they take his name off the site because they refused to take down a transphobic review of Asuka, but had the time to obsessively take down any review of wrestlers that didn't fall within the average of ratings given to them that the admin deemed badly explained.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One of the most notorious NXT boosters tries to help his counterpart.

https://twitter.com/Julian_NXT/status/1397706657128357890

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Julian is technically correct (what better kind of correctness): nobody is watching NXT for the ratings

probably has something to do with the audience’s desire to watch wrestling, imo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

One of my friends used to help out at Cagematch but he left and demanded they take his name off the site because they refused to take down a transphobic review of Asuka, but had the time to obsessively take down any review of wrestlers that didn't fall within the average of ratings given to them that the admin deemed badly explained.

I have never heard of anything nice about the backend of Cagematch. I used to twitter with one of the dudes until he turned into a giant fuckin islamophobe. I guess he doesn't know about them bakeries.

Also why would you @ someone and laugh about bullshit metrics. Do people do this to baseball players? Those perverts fuckin love numbers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

38 followers

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

"it was funny yesterday not anymore" should be the wrestling fan's motto

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"Kross has a unique look"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Lamuella posted:

"Kross has a unique look"

he should get the batista tattoo