Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

Like I can see plenty of reasons people might vote keskusta if they live in a smaller place and their voters aren't that right wing, it's left of most of it's actual MPs.

I don't care about that at all to be honest, the real horror is that KOK is 2nd, that's far, far worse. And PS is 3rd.... But loving KOK, they should be last.

YLE also said that Halla-aho won the election rake contest :godwinning:

Kok appeals to the libertarian randmensch kids, and those are probably pretty numerous among teenage lukiolais-tissiposket :capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Rappaport posted:

Kok appeals to the libertarian randmensch kids, and those are probably pretty numerous among teenage lukiolais-tissiposket :capitalism:

Yeah, but I think it's just healthy if a young person thinks that they can do anything.

They have a whole lifetime to learn.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Keskusta also has the most candidates which makes it easier to pick them randomly. Though by that logic Greens would be in top 3, so...

My interpretation is that teens associate Keskusta with city center and other parties with lähiös.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hmm, this must be the stadi center party headquarters, everything smeels of poop and financial crimes

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Vaalimainonta 101:

Harkitse tarkkaan minkä jutun yhteyteen mainoksesi sijoitetaan.

(Tämä Hesarista ja jutun aiheena rötösherrat)

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Rappaport posted:

Not disputing the fact that there are future Coalition youths blooming in high school, but in my experience, the majority of high school kids tend to be anxious and worried about their future, partly thanks to completely hosed up revamp of the university entrance selection system, partly thanks to constant peer-pressure and social media brainworms loving up their perception what normal life is like, and partly thanks to the poor economy, which means less job prospects. Oh, and the constant cuts to education and youth mental welfare systems. Of course, I am not working in one of the prestigious and hard to get into high schools in the capital, so my experience is likely biased.

But I think we had it loving easy in so many ways compared to the kids in high school right now.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm sure that's true, but it's a self-feeding loop, all of the things you mention just further atomize society and FYGM seems more and more 'sensible' as it becomes increasingly apparent that things are absolute poo poo and will keep becoming worse over time. :shrug:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/MailVeikko/status/1396882453646688259

Reading emails is anti-persu

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Basic Finns and Veikko Vallin, known supporters of Greenpeace

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Did some other party miss it and get in? No? Then why are you whining about "equality"? Greenpeace isn't even a particular driver for "equality" as opposed to fighting pollution and climate change, what the gently caress is this moron even talking about?

This is the ääniharava of Tampere for Persus, btw. So yeah "serious" Persus come tell me again how "serious" your party is.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:ssh: they didn't miss any invitation, they saw it was Greenpeace and laughed and deleted it. And now, just like the Persu playbook dictates, they will use their own decision to not go to play the victim and paint Greenpeace and the other parties as the bad bullies. They live out of outrage, it's the only way to get publicity these days.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I voted and so should you

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Rappaport posted:

as it becomes increasingly apparent that things are absolute poo poo and will keep becoming worse over time.
What is this nonsense. Things in Finland are pretty loving great, have been constantly getting better over the last 100 years, and there's no good reason to assume this general development direction should change anytime soon.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Darkest Auer posted:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Herman Merman posted:

What is this nonsense. Things in Finland are pretty loving great, have been constantly getting better over the last 100 years,

If we've managed to dodge the Reagan-Thatcher-anti-Midas-touch, I'm pleased to hear it.

To be fair, I suppose Sanna has taken steps away from Pöö-Paavo, but all the same, I'm leery of assessments where things are "loving great" and the comparison is the year 1921 (or if we want some Ostalgie, maybe we can stretch that to 1913 :v:), since that's fairly trivially true for people. Though Pena (RIP) would object even to that. Those poor forests :smith:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Herman Merman posted:

Things in Finland are pretty loving great, have been constantly getting better over the last 100 years, and there's no good reason to assume this general development direction should change anytime soon.

I often like to tell people who are complaining about the state of Finland today that in 1919-1921 there were 226 people killed and further 100 maimed for political reasons (and that's just the political killings, the total number of killings was almost 1000 in that time period), and and as late as in the 1930s about 65/1000 of Finnish children died within the first year of their lives, while the comparable number today is 4/1000.

Rappaport posted:

I'm leery of assessments where things are "loving great" and the comparison is the year 1921 (or if we want some Ostalgie, maybe we can stretch that to 1913 :v:), since that's fairly trivially true for people. Though Pena (RIP) would object even to that. Those poor forests :smith:

If one wants something more recent, then in 2019 exactly 65 people died as a result of violent crimes, whereas in back in the nineties the number was between 125 and 173 per year.

I could also rattle off statistics about how much more people died in traffic accidents in the past versus today, or how many children died in accidents, but I think I made my point.

Warden fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 26, 2021

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Warden posted:

I often like to tell people who are complaining about the state of Finland today that in 1919-1921 there were 226 people killed and further 100 maimed for political reasons (and that's just the political killings, the total number of killings was almost 1000 in that time period), and and as late as in the 1930s about 65/1000 of Finnish children died within the first year of their lives, while the comparable number today is 4/1000.
If one wants something more recent, then in 2019 exactly 65 people died as a result of violent crimes, whereas in back in the nineties the number was between 125 and 173 per year.

I could also rattle off statistics about how much more people died in traffic accidents in the past versus today, or how many children died in accidents, but I think I made my point.

You sound really insufferable tbh

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Lol Finland isn't half as depressing now as it was in the 90s lama/early 00s. Jesus Christ if I ever traveled back to that time I might just end it there and then. I mean am I the only one who even remembers the absolute parade of total cat poo poo prime ministers that followed Lipponen (and I don't like Lipponen all that much but he wasn't a joke). I don't get nostalgia tingles when they play music from that era, I go into fight or flight mode.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 26, 2021

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

DarkCrawler posted:

Lol Finland isn't half as depressing now as it was in the 90s lama/early 00s. Jesus Christ if I ever traveled back to that time I might just end it there and then. I mean am I the only one who even remembers the absolute parade of total cat poo poo prime ministers that followed Lipponen (and I don't like Lipponen all that much but he wasn't a joke). I don't get nostalgia tingles when they play music from that era, I go into fight or flight mode.

The 90s were quite bleak, yes, on so many levels. Lucky for us that when dad's company went belly-up it was based on one man's skills and there weren't big business loans for heavy machinery and poo poo. Our family would have been in even more dire financial straits otherwise. Our schools weren't doing great either, and the group sizes in comprehensive schools were something that would be pretty unthinkable today.

His Divine Shadow posted:

You sound really insufferable tbh

Apologies, wasn't my intent, it's just "ennen oli kaikki paremmin" is one of things that annoy me, and I am somewhat pedantic about numbers. I'll try to tone it down.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Ihan tulee Radio Jerevan -vitsit mieleen.

"Meiltä kysytään, ovatko asiat nykyään paremmin. Me vastaamme: kyllä ja ei. Asiat eivät nykyisin ehkä ole paremmin kuin ennen, mutta kylläkin paremmin kuin tulevaisuudessa."

Asiaa voi tietty pohtia eri näkökulmista. Jos olet paperiduunari, niin 80-luvulla varmaan asiat oli paremmin kun vienti veti ja leipä oli taattu. Jos taas olet transihminen, niin nykyään asenteet, valistuksen taso, tiedon saatavuus jne. ovat ihan eri todellisuudesta kuin 40 vuotta sitten. Mutta kaipa meidän pitäisi pitäytyä tutkimustiedossa jos haluamme sanoa jotain oikeasti pätevää. Esimerkiksi onnellisuusindeksin kehitys tai elinajan odote tai mitä sitten pidetäänkin oleellisena.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 26, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

The longer this country has had a maalaisliittolainen presidentti in successive years, the better life is. The longer time has passed since the previous maalaisliittolainen presidentti, the worse it gets.

There, I think I just formulated Paavo Väyrynen's mindset

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

:hai:

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

And yeah, in a general sense things are just a lot better: think about living in 1980s and the kind of food you had to eat (and cook for your self, no takeout, buddy), the kind of work you had to do, the kind of backwards culture you had to endure around you, the kind of health problems that you probably died from instead of just going to the ER and getting home a couple of days later.

On the other hand I know a lot of people like laid off industrial workers, people in precarious employment, and a lot of badly paid public sector workers for whom the Lama never ended, it's just been a 30 year slow decline in working conditions and social respect. At some point you become cynical and start blaming anyone who they tell you to blame. The rising tide at the end of the 90s sure as poo poo didn't raise all boats.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Working conditions have absolutely not declined, there are objectively better safety and healthcare standards and better working conditions than 20 years ago, unless you're one of those setämies who think that wearing eye protection on construction sites, eating vegetables or seeing a black person or - god forbid, a woman - is literally worse than talvisota.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Work safety has improved, on the other hand so has efficiency and in many cases the latter one comes at the cost of more stress and less time to do the job properly. Healthcare jobs being a prime example. Not that I have delusions of elderly care being perfect when Koivisto was president, but those problems didn't stem out of pure greed like in Esperi Care.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

This topic is really cool and all but what does everyone think about Sanna Marin's breakfast?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I haven't tasted it so can't comment. But maybe the PM could spend more on breakfast to subsidize Finnish agriculture, like eat 100 eggs and 2 kg ham and drink 40 litres whole milk every morning. I bet Saarikko would!

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
sikatiloilla on ainakin se etu että afrikansikarutto ei ole vielä saapunut tänne

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

If the state gave me 300 € per month to spend on food, I would pledge to spend the equivalent amount in Alko, with at least 1/3 of the purchases being domestically produced.

This would generate 2,7 jobs, increase my quality of life and decrease my need for end-of-life social and healthcare services. A win-win bargain.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The kids are alright?

The most important thing to remember about nuorisovaalit is that the biggest winner almost always has the candidate number 69.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/mustapipa/status/1397468303279497216

CP shuffled their minister cabinet again this weekend, and they brought in Antti Kurvinen as culture and science minister. Antti at least has some background in theater (in Paavo Väyrynen's productions?), but dunno about the science bit...

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 27, 2021

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

It really boggles the mind that someone as repulsive as Sampo Terho did a better job than anyone CP has to throw at that position. Granted, slightly different toimenkuva back then but still.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

slowdave posted:

This topic is really cool and all but what does everyone think about Sanna Marin's breakfast?

Deffo not me, but:

Iltasonta posted:

Päivi Lipponen kertoo kipakassa päivityksessään maksaneensa itse perheensä ruuat.

– Järkyttävää! Miksi valtioneuvoston kanslia kaataa sotkun meidän niskaamme. IS kertoo lähteeksi. Minä maksoin perheemme ruuat. Siivosin, kokkasin ja pyykkäsin – ihan itse. Maksoimme jopa vuokraa asunnosta, mitä ei ole kukaan jälkeemme tehnyt. Oikaisu olisi kanslialta paikallaan, Lipponen kirjoittaa.

Why doesn't Sanna pese the pyykki? :colbert: These are the questions of our times!

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Rappaport posted:

Deffo not me, but:
Why doesn't Sanna pese the pyykki? :colbert: These are the questions of our times!

Kysymys kuuluukin, mihin Paavo käytti kaikki rahat jotka saatiin ruokiin?(alkoon)

Triple A posted:

sikatiloilla on ainakin se etu että afrikansikarutto ei ole vielä saapunut tänne

En nyt tiedä kulttuuriministerinä on jonkinlainen sikapoika nyt.

Nenonen posted:

Work safety has improved, on the other hand so has efficiency and in many cases the latter one comes at the cost of more stress and less time to do the job properly. Healthcare jobs being a prime example. Not that I have delusions of elderly care being perfect when Koivisto was president, but those problems didn't stem out of pure greed like in Esperi Care.
Kok kun valtasi johtopaikat on tullut hirvittävä fiksaation työturvallisuutteen, työajan ja työtilojen käytön seuraamiseen. Vian etsiminen ja varaosien hakeminen ei ole työtä, ainoastaan osien vaihtaminen. Muutenkin yrittävät tehdä kaikesta mahdollisimman tuskasta.

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
In regards to Marin's breakfast, state travel policy is that when the cost of breakfast is included in the price of lodging (i.e. hotel breakfast), it is not a taxable benefit. I assume this also applies to the private sector because it is the position of the tax authority. Business travel booking systems even prioritize locations with included breakfast because of this.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

The most important thing to remember about nuorisovaalit is that the biggest winner almost always has the candidate number 69.

In Helsinki, Keskusta has both 69 and 88, and Persut have 420. In Espoo they belong to Persut and Liike Nyt. Vantaa offers a meagre glimpse of hope with SDP holding the first two, but even there Keskusta has the weed number.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Vihdoinkin meillä on valtiovarainministeri, joka haluaa lopettaa kansalaisten pelottelun! :yayclod:

quote:

Olen kerta kaikkiaan turhautunut siihen, että ilmastonmuutoksen ympärille on kietoutunut niin paljon syyllistämistä ja pelottelua. Ilmastopolitiikka tarvitsee enemmän toivoa kuin pelkoa. Suomi luotsataan tällaisen muutoksen läpi vain pitämällä kaikki mukana.”

Saarikko kuvasi ilmastonmuutosta väistämättömäksi. Hänen mukaansa uuden teknologian kehittäminen ja hyödyntäminen ratkaisevat ilmastonmuutoksen.

Aijaa... :smithcloud:

quote:

Saarikko viittasi Vanhasen taannoiseen kysymykseen siitä, onko Suomi enää Pohjoismaa. Saarikon mukaan sitä vasten on nyt kolme ongelmallista puollonkaulaa: liian alhainen työllisyys, kehno tuottavuuden kasvu ja tuotannollisten investointien puute.

”Nämä kolme asiaa”, Saarikko korosti ja huomautti, Suomen väestö ikääntyy.

”Emme ole saaneet julkisen sektorin tuloja ja menoja tasapainoon, vaan velkaannumme kroonisesti.”

Pohjoismaisen hyvinvoinnin lupaus ja julkisen talouden kestävyys voidaan Saarikon mukaan turvata vain, jos työllisyys ja tuottavuus ovat Suomessa riittävän korkeita. Hän muistuttaa, että valtiovarainministereiden tärkein tavoite on jo 15 vuoden ajan valtion tulojen ja menojen epäsuhdan korjaaminen.

"Niin kauan on valtion talous ollut miinuksen puolella. Rohkenen sanoa, että koen olevani jollain tavalla uudenlainen valtiovarainministeri, mutta ei nämä vanhat jutut mihinkään pöydältäni poistu.”

Seuraavaksi Saarikon työlistalla on julkisen talouden kestävyystiekartan toimien valmistelu. Hänen mukaansa julkisen talouden tasapainottaminen ”ei tule onnistumaan” vanhoilla lääkkeillä, eli ei vain veronkorotuksilla ja leikkauksilla, vaikka ne ovat työkalupakissa.

quote:

Saarikon mukaan talous- ja veropolitiikka ovat perinteisesti olleet politiikan kovaa ydintä, kun taas perhe-, koulutus- ja sosiaalipolitiikka on nähty pehmeinä osa-alueina.

”Tämän haluan muuttaa.”

”Perhepolitiikka on mitä suurimmassa määrin talouspolitiikkaa”, Saarikko sanoi ja viittasi Suomen heikkoon syntyvyyteen.

Ilman toimenpiteitä suomen väestö lähtee supistumaan, Saarikko huomautti.

Elikkäs Saarikon talouspoliittinen työlista on:

1) Ilmastonmuutosta on turha pysäyttää, kyllä joku insinööri jossain vaiheessa keksii mitä sellutehtailla tehdään siinä vaiheessa kun havumetsät kuihtuvat sillä kapitalismi on erehtymätön
2) Aktiivimalli 3.0? Varmaan myös kielletään järjestäytyminen työpaikoilla
3) Synnytystalkoot (mutta ei mamuille, vain kantaväestölle)

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Me: Mom, I want Fascism!
Mom: We have Fascism at home!
Fascism at home:

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

And for those who say that things have only gotten better, precariousness at work has only increased since 1991 and child poverty in Finland has risen steadily for the last 30 years and its growth shows no signs of stopping - and the current "Commie" government seems intent on pushing the gas pedal in loving the poor in the rear end without lube. The support for persus comes from somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

barbecue at the folks posted:

The support for persus comes from somewhere.

I mean yeah, racism