Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s just funny. It’s like when the Wikipedia article on the Popemobile follows a quote from the Vatican imploring people not to call it “the Popemobile” with a sentence that starts “The Popemobile”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The Pope should lean into it and start throwing Popearangs at people.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Cleretic posted:

It's not that bad.

It's about 90% 'daycare for failchildren', and then 10% 'remarkably intensive and well-researched features, mostly on stuff you never thought anyone could care that much about'.

In gaming journalism, just because we're on the subject, that last part manifests as 'for every one feature article on crunch culture and industry-wide sexism, there's about five deep-dives into stuff like the FFVII remake's use of architecture, and about forty glorified press releases and/or weightless reviews on exactly the games that one feature article called out'.

Even within the Journalists themselves, there are multitudes. Dunkey provides both Shitposts, and Actual Thoughtful Analysis over different videos. Come for the laughs, stay for the passionate description

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Volmarias posted:

Even within the Journalists themselves, there are multitudes. Dunkey provides both Shitposts, and Actual Thoughtful Analysis over different videos. Come for the laughs, stay for the passionate description

It's like how in early everyone jokes about buzz feed quizzes, but the puff poo poo brings the views that support actual journalism, like this article from last year about banks laundering drug money.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Greatbacon posted:

It's like how in early everyone jokes about buzz feed quizzes, but the puff poo poo brings the views that support actual journalism, like this article from last year about banks laundering drug money.

Yeah BuzzFeed actually has some really solid articles, and I’ll happily find out if I’m a grandma millennial if it means more of em

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Greatbacon posted:

Or how the British government has been letting Russia assassinate people with impunity.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/from-russia-with-blood-14-suspected-hits-on-british-soil

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Earlier today New Era released a "Local Market" line of hats for MLB and uhhhh...

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1397275992444612619

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/-mlb-local-market-hats-01f6jf98sa9k

Not only are they ugly as gently caress, most of the stuff on them are just plain wrong. KC Royals in particular had only Kansas area codes.

https://twitter.com/Royals/status/1397296947531235332

They have since been pulled.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Lemonade_Inc/status/1396868193029873664

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/Lemonade_Inc/status/1396868196804829185
Gotta grow fast

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol “sorry, you blinked twice while talking about your car accident in your video submission so we’ve denied the claim”

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
"Delight" is one of the newer marketing words that's just loving awful and I hate it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

1redflag posted:

Lol “sorry, you blinked twice while talking about your car accident in your video submission so we’ve denied the claim”

Not to mention the ESL customers.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

1redflag posted:

It’s absolutely gonna be the case that claims filed by minority policyholders are rejected 420.69 percent more often

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sanguinary Novel posted:

"Delight" is one of the newer marketing words that's just loving awful and I hate it

It's too late, groove is already in your heart.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Well I've gotta date with some black market organ dealers to offload some merch

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
That's not even a flywheel in that stupid logo and why does that bother me so much

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I don't know what game or what this is but to my non-US eyes that bottom right mascot looks super racist

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Splicer posted:

I don't know what game or what this is but to my non-US eyes that bottom right mascot looks super racist

It’s just a bird, thankfully.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_oriole?wprov=sfti1

Not to say that there aren’t racist MLB icons don’t you worry, they’re there

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

teen witch posted:

It’s just a bird, thankfully.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Crows are depicted with orange beaks all the time and it makes me nuts. Crows do not have orange beaks. I know that's the least important issue with that fella but still.

The Baltimore bird is an oriole:

Doesn't have an orange beak either. It's all lies.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I assure you I’m well aware of racism but thanks for the reminder

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HopperUK posted:

it just had some cheetos okay :argh:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HopperUK posted:

Crows are depicted with orange beaks all the time and it makes me nuts. Crows do not have orange beaks. I know that's the least important issue with that fella but still.

The Baltimore bird is an oriole:

That's a real good birb they made a bad hat of

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Greatbacon posted:

They've fired all the actual journalists in their latest cost-cutting round though.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

For anyone who missed this, someone got receipts:

https://twitter.com/jennvzande/status/1397597086531661824

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

If you missed the previously deleted tweets in the thread, Lemonade was bragging about their use of AI to detect fraud in videos submitted for insurance claims.

https://twitter.com/Lemonade_Inc/status/1397564444247527427

https://twitter.com/rachelmetz/status/1397625251257753606

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AIs can decline little a claim, as a treat

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
It's not often the social media intern fucks up badly enough that they are getting a subpoena in a class action suit.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
My local pretzel place is having a bit of drama on social media.

Five minutes later, comments were disabled. Weirdly enough calling out your employees on social media isn't a great look for your business.

Edit: post is now gone completely, and comments have been restricted on their latest "please come work for us post" since people started calling them out there instead

Otana has a new favorite as of 22:51 on May 26, 2021

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ok so why are small business owners now having a Real One Online as a collective? Like I’m assuming this has to do with Covid reopenings and some small business owners being insane as a baseline but this is more than coincidental.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

teen witch posted:

Ok so why are small business owners now having a Real One Online as a collective? Like I’m assuming this has to do with Covid reopenings and some small business owners being insane as a baseline but this is more than coincidental.

Meltdown May.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

"no one wants to work" (because the jobs have lovely pay and small business tyrants have lovely attitudes) and it's easier to complain online (or to politicians who could freeze/reduce benefits to force people to take these jobs or starve) than pay more and not have lovely attitudes

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

teen witch posted:

It's a thing being pushed in chud spheres recently about how it is IMPOSSIBLE to find workers at 7.25 an hour for difficult work because of increased unemployment and the only possible reason is because those losers are just too lazy to work a real job

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Push El Burrito posted:

Na-na-na-na-na!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A factor that gets less mention is that a large portion of minimum wage workers were old and/or unhealthy and died of covid

This has created an employee-friendly job market (relatively speaking) with people refusing to do poo poo jobs for little pay when before a lot of people had to do those jobs or just be completely penniless

The solution is obvious, but only if you aren't a Job Creator, apparently

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Bloop posted:

A factor that gets less mention is that a large portion of minimum wage workers were old and/or unhealthy and died of covid

This has created an employee-friendly job market (relatively speaking) with people refusing to do poo poo jobs for little pay when before a lot of people had to do those jobs or just be completely penniless

Jobs, like everything, are much easier to create if you externalise the costs

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

1redflag posted:

Na-na-na-na-na!

Great! I knew that groove was in your heart!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The Bloop posted:

Funny how it's all about a free market to chuds until you get to "if you can't afford to pay people enough for them to even consider applying your job, maybe your business should shut down". (nevermind that many of these businesses absolutely could afford to pay their employees more and they just don't want to)

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

teen witch posted:

their "news" sources are pushing it on purpose and they're going along with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My T-shirt, when people asked a lot of questions.