Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Stroker Ace posted:

I went full autisms on a first date once and told the whole story arc of the Golden Lovers and Kenny’s character, she said she admired my passion and we never talked again.

Her loss imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe you should "get over" with your date by cutting an Acclaimed-style "diss track" about them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Stroker Ace posted:

I went full autisms on a first date once and told the whole story arc of the Golden Lovers and Kenny’s character, she said she admired my passion and we never talked again.

lol owned

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Stroker Ace posted:

Whew, you really dodged a bullet there.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

We live and we learn.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah, tell your date the story of the golden lovers BEFORE the date, that way you can talk about it all night. idiot.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

yeah, tell your date the story of the golden lovers BEFORE the date, that way you can talk about it all night. idiot.
"hey, this is the stroker ace, just calling to make sure we're still on for coffee tonight... oh, cool. that's great, i'll see you then. by the way, have you ever heard of kenny omega or kota ibushi? so, there's this japanese wrestling promotion called DDT..."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

While every hole is a goal, that hole owner better like some wrestling.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
There were not new comic books I wanted today, and AEW is not on, and my wife will be out so we can't even do our normal Wednesday date night thing. Also, I woke up feeling like this was Friday for some reason, so I legit have no idea what day it is anymore.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1397613347626012672?s=20

Oh. Uh.....yay.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eazy E has been pretty fun on Dynamite so I'm fine with this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

cams posted:

"hey, this is the stroker ace, just calling to make sure we're still on for coffee tonight... oh, cool. that's great, i'll see you then. by the way, have you ever heard of kenny omega or kota ibushi? so, there's this japanese wrestling promotion called DDT..."

"You know what I'll just send you some tapes. It's like date homework"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ah great, the fast forward segment

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I thought it was romantic.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

old people yelling at MJF is good tv.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"Excuse me? Waiter? Yes can I get that TV changed to TNT? I need to introduce my date here to :miedo:"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if your date doesn't have lucha masks tatted around her waist are you sure its the same Daffney from Tinder?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

It was fun when he'd show up in a cameo to troll Jericho but he's a face now so this is probably gonna be some weirdass love fest

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Eric Bischoff should work a match, he knows Judo or some poo poo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bischoff has been fun so far, and frankly saved the segments he's been in. I trust him.

If you show your date a picture of PENTA EL ZERO MIEDO and their reaction isn't either "that's the coolest person ever" or "is that me??" then you should bail

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

It was fun when he'd show up in a cameo to troll Jericho but he's a face now so this is probably gonna be some weirdass love fest

Nah, MJF and Tully will have paid him off to do something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eat My Fuc posted:

Eric Bischoff should work a match, he knows Judo or some poo poo.

[quietly, as if on the wind]

bischoff vs blanchard...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MorningMoon posted:

Bischoff has been fun so far, and frankly saved the segments he's been in. I trust him.

If you show your date a picture of PENTA EL ZERO MIEDO and their reaction isn't either "that's the coolest person ever" or "is that me??" then you should bail

If their reaction is 'is that me??' then you should also bail because you are Penta el Zero Miedo and he's about to break your arm

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Stroker Ace posted:

Get around this by using "acceptable nerdiness" and then later letting your more esoteric passions filter into the conversation. For example knowing a poo poo tonne about music is acceptable and makes you seem cool, stsrt with that and then let in more slight things like being a foodie or more acceptable sports... and then draw a line between that and "and thats why i love eurovision, sumo and pro wrestling". It makes your eccentricities more interesting and engrossing than "what the gently caress".

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I put the wrestling thing along with all my other faults right out on front street on a first date. If they have a problem with any of that poo poo I don't wanna date them anyway. Yes, I'm single.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rarity posted:

If their reaction is 'is that me??' then you should also bail because you are Penta el Zero Miedo and he's about to break your arm

I'd let Penta chop my chest at least once, then escape the arm break now htat we've seen Orange reveal the secret technique.

Also!
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1397619055742394371
We'll find out on Friday if Orange's neck is mashed potatoes or not

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kind of wonder if WWE thought that if they inducted Bischoff into their Hall of Fame it'd stop him from appearing on AEW.

We'll find out on Friday if Orange's neck is mashed potatoes pulp or not

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There is zero chance Bischoff wouldn't take any chance he could get to piss off Vince

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rarity posted:

There is zero chance Bischoff wouldn't take any chance he could get to piss off Vince

Oh I know; I just wonder if they believed being inducted would make him "loyal" to WWE

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Coward Tony should've asked to put Dynamite on TBS through the entirety of the NBA Playoffs, because word on the street is that Dynamite is going to be pre-empted for at least the next 2-3 weeks. I know it won't be an issue when they get to the Finals on July 8th, but there's still two more rounds before then.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Presumably they have something else on TBS in Dynamite's timeslot and it might not be trivial to move it around.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Cerebral Bore posted:

Presumably they have something else on TBS in Dynamite's timeslot and it might not be trivial to move it around.

Reruns of The Big Bang Theory

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
After this week it'll be fine cause we'll have the standard 7 days between shows and then soon we'll only have 5 days :yeshaha:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are they recording Friday's show tonight or is Friday's show actually going to be live?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

explosivo posted:

Are they recording Friday's show tonight or is Friday's show actually going to be live?

Friday is live.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bischoff is at his best when his appearances are unannounced and he's just showing up out of nowhere to troll Jericho. I KINDA hoped that with Jericho turning face, he would turn heel and it would be AEW canon that his alignment is just "the opposite of Jericho" but it seems like he's gonna be a face again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've always liked Eric as an on screen character so I'm fine with him showing up in AEW to look like a smug rear end in a top hat every few months.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They should do the thing where his hair is jet black then they hit him with a roll of quarters, buzz his head and it's all white underneath

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bischoff has been good every single time he's shown up on AEW television so far, but I guess that this time will be the disaster that destroys AEW forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Bischoff has been good every single time he's shown up on AEW television so far
as someone with zero nostalgia for eric bischoff, nah.

segment sucks, will stare at my phone during it, or maybe go put a load of laundry in.