Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cams
Mar 28, 2003

one day we will cure the virus of nostalgia that is poisoning our wrestling world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

heel turn posted:

Coward Tony should've asked to put Dynamite on TBS through the entirety of the NBA Playoffs, because word on the street is that Dynamite is going to be pre-empted for at least the next 2-3 weeks. I know it won't be an issue when they get to the Finals on July 8th, but there's still two more rounds before then.

I don't think the TV station would be particularly excited about the idea of using its own content as counterprogramming for its biggest sports games of the year

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pylons posted:

Friday is live.

Neat!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

cams posted:

one day we will cure the virus of nostalgia that is poisoning our wrestling world

I started watching pro graps around 2018 so all I've really seen of Eazy E is on Dynamite. And he's been good every time, pal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Bischoff has been good every single time he's shown up on AEW television so far, but I guess that this time will be the disaster that destroys AEW forever.

If we say it every week then we have to be right eventually!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Yeah. I'm going to switch back to it at the pay-per-view. I think we indicated that to a degree on social. Well, Brandi's got her opinions. Brandi is a fan of the Snoop Dogg version of Kingdom. And I am a fan of both versions. Of course the Snoop version, but this version was something that's actually been tweaked to a degree by Mikey Ruckus. The original version will play this weekend, live in front of a full capacity crowd at Double or Nothing.

We have caught, and compromised, to a permanent end, the Snoop Remix.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Thank Christ it was not good.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Orange Cassidy showed up to a wrestling event this weekend in Pennsylvania. He even brought his alien friend.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

For a second I thought he had ALF on a leash there. That's also my favorite Korn song.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
bischoff = big number baby

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vince MechMahon posted:

I put the wrestling thing along with all my other faults right out on front street on a first date. If they have a problem with any of that poo poo I don't wanna date them anyway. Yes, I'm single.

I don't remember the context, but I know my first date with my wife involved me talking about CM Punk's MMA career. Then again, she also explained the concept of Mr. Boogedy to me, so the dork talk goes both ways.

Anyway, I'm pumped for Sunday. I turn 40 that day and I'm having a big get-together and seven-months-late housewarming party with my friends. We're going to play some board games, maybe watch a movie or two, eat a lot of food and watch the PPV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

We have caught, and compromised, to a permanent end, the Snoop Remix.

The long national nightmare is over

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gavok posted:

I don't remember the context, but I know my first date with my wife involved me talking about CM Punk's MMA career. Then again, she also explained the concept of Mr. Boogedy to me, so the dork talk goes both ways.

Anyway, I'm pumped for Sunday. I turn 40 that day and I'm having a big get-together and seven-months-late housewarming party with my friends. We're going to play some board games, maybe watch a movie or two, eat a lot of food and watch the PPV.

what food

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

HOT! New Memes posted:

Orange Cassidy showed up to a wrestling event this weekend in Pennsylvania. He even brought his alien friend.

A friend of mine I work with was there and got a picture with OC (no, my friend is not ALF). Pretty awesome that he still does local events like this.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Great interview with Moxley on Wrestling Observer Live right now. He talks about his book and a lot of really nice stuff about him renewing his friendship with Eddie Kingston and how much he’s looking forward to seeing live crowds react to Kingston. He also got asked by Bryan about the cut on his promo last week and what got cut. Mox had no idea, apparently they just went up to the camera and talked for 20 minutes and he assumed the TV production got what they needed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bischoff is smart. Everytime he throws a subtle jab at Vince McMahon on someone else's TV show, it increases his basepay when he returns to WWE.

also I wish he'd fall down a flight of stairs because he's one of the great blights in wrestling.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I met Bischoff on the street when I was in LA once. He was really nice and let me take a picture with him, then he saw it and said we can take a better one so we ended up taking a few. I'm sure he's done some poo poo in the business, but I'll always appreciate him for that.

Maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention, but it's occurred to me that I don't really know why Hangman & Cage are fighting at DoN. It feels like a "these guys both need a PPV match" match.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 26, 2021

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

explosivo posted:

A friend of mine I work with was there and got a picture with OC (no, my friend is not ALF). Pretty awesome that he still does local events like this.

It was a good show. Megabite Ronnie and Puf both wrestled and Orange did his shin kick spot. Orange Cassidy did $30 for an autograph and a photo and stayed in character the entire time. Bryce Remsburg was also there. He is super nice and really appreciative of everyone who talked with him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention, but it's occurred to me that I don't really know why Hangman & Cage are fighting at DoN. It feels like a "these guys both need a PPV match" match.

they're fighting because Brian Cage beat Hangman after Hangman was beat down before the match by Team Taz and Hangman challenged him to a rematch to prove he deserved the win

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sticklefifer posted:

Cage squashed Hangman after Team Taz jumped him prematch, so Hangman challenged him to a match with an even playing field.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ah, right. Feels more like the setup to a Dynamite match, but at least there's a reason.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

dang, $30 for an autograph and a photo

i still remember my dad storming us out of a baseball card show where some has-been was charging $5 because he was so pissed about it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do think Hangman could be putting something up if he loses to Cage to raise the stakes of the match but oh well.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

I do think Hangman could be putting something up if he loses to Cage to raise the stakes of the match but oh well.

Hangman puts up the same thing he always puts up - his self-esteem.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Pigs in a blanket, meatballs, Texas caviar, baked brie, rolls from a really great local bakery and a cake with a surprise design.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Eric Bischoff should work a match, he knows Judo or some poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6gq2QIbz0

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

boar guy posted:

i still remember my dad storming us out of a baseball card show where some has-been was charging $5 because he was so pissed about it

I love hearing about the shenanigans MJF gets up to at autograph signings, like on the first Jericho cruise where he found out who was charging the most for autographs and set his price at $1 above them. Another con he was at, the venue had a flash sale for half off pictures. During that time, MJF covered half his face and said "Since you're only paying half, you're only getting half."

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 26, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

"Hangman, if you lose, you can never challenge for the FTW championship again!"

(sips beer) "K."

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

HOT! New Memes posted:

Book ALF on Dynamite you cowards

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nipponophile posted:

I love hearing about the shenanigans MJF gets up to at autograph signings, like on the first Jericho cruise where he found out who was charging the most for autographs and set his price at $1 about them. Another con he was at, the venue had a flash sale for half off pictures. During that time, MJF covered half his face and said "Since you're only paying half, you're only getting half."

I love the "controversy" when he gave a couple of young kids the finger at a signing. He was later confronted by TMZ about his actions, and his response was "gently caress those kids."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't he grab someone 's phone and toss it?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's also the only guy who charges for autographs at Major Wrestling Figure's charity drives, iirc.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Book ALF on Dynamite you cowards

Alf, the Muppet Babies, Bugs Bunny, Slimer, Garfield, Michelangelo, etc. show up on Dynamite to help get Hangman to stop drinking.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gavok posted:

Alf, the Muppet Babies, Bugs Bunny, Slimer, Garfield, Michelangelo, etc. show up on Dynamite to help get Hangman to stop drinking.
Not the Ninja Turtle though, the sculptor.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

boar guy posted:

$30 isn’t anything anymore when it comes to autographs.

The event was $15. It was at a drive in so you got the wrestling then got to watch They Live, Beyond the Mat, Hell comes to Frogtown and Mr. Nanny.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They were building up Scooby Doo before the pandemic started. Surely WB will want them to promote HBO Max, so Scooby and *checks list* the cast of The Wire will join Best Friends for one night.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MorningMoon posted:

They were building up Scooby Doo before the pandemic started. Surely WB will want them to promote HBO Max, so Scooby and *checks list* the cast of The Wire will join Best Friends for one night.

Munch has to show up to establish that Dynamite is part of the Tommy Westfall universe.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MorningMoon posted:

Let Chuck Taylor say "SHEEEEEEE-IT!" on TV, drat it!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
does the ppv start at 7 for the buy-in or is the buy-in youtube only and the ppv starts at 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm really quite sad there's no Dynamite tonight.

But really quite jazzed there's a Dynamite on Friday