Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

GOP platform is just harm everyone who isn’t our base

No, no, harm them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CainFortea posted:

No, no, harm them too.

But make it subtle compared to the blatant poo poo so it looks better by comparison and becomes the standard after corporations sign off with protestors and stop contributing to their campaigns.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah it's that bit from Hunter S Thompson about the Angels adopting an ethic of total retaliation. I'd liken them to rabid dogs but that's a disservice to rabies and dogs both

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1397256316574445574?s=21

This may be shocking to some here, but it's looking like Biden won't actually be FDR 2.0

Republicans do the stuff they believe in, they overreach, dems undo maybe 10% of that when they get power, repeat repeat

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Best Friends posted:

This may be shocking to some here, but it's looking like Biden won't actually be FDR 2.0

Whom do you think it will be shocking to?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That sounds like it’s an issue with Congress and not Biden?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Best Friends posted:

Republicans do the stuff they believe in, they overreach, dems undo maybe 10% of that when they get power, repeat repeat

Always good to have a reminder of who their constituents really are.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well when you make 150k a year and your job is to tell people to give you more money...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Godholio posted:

Whom do you think it will be shocking to?

There were a lot of folks hyping up biden.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Moderate Dems getting exactly what they voted for.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

There were a lot of folks hyping up biden.

No. No there loving wasn’t, not here. There were a lot of folks hyped to throw Trump out on his rear end.

This is the dumbest goddamn thing, one person says it every few days like it’s a fact when the succ dems succ.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

That sounds like it’s an issue with Congress and not Biden?

More or less my position on the whole thing. The White House is constantly grappling with the terrible Congress they have (mostly the Senate), though it beats a Congress with a Republican chamber.

The comments earlier are spot-on though. This current Congress won't even push taxes against the rich, an extremely popular position, because some Democratic Senators are bought off and wont do it. And said bought off Senators refuse to realize that "better things would be possible with more Democrats in the Senate" isn't a good 2022 message versus STOLEN ELECTION COMMIE DEMONCRATS RAISIN UR TAXES TO KILL UNBORN BABIES

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

No. No there loving wasn’t, not here. There were a lot of folks hyped to throw Trump out on his rear end.

This is the dumbest goddamn thing, one person says it every few days like it’s a fact when the succ dems succ.

lol, sure.

facialimpediment posted:

More or less my position on the whole thing. The White House is constantly grappling with the terrible Congress they have (mostly the Senate), though it beats a Congress with a Republican chamber.

The comments earlier are spot-on though. This current Congress won't even push taxes against the rich, an extremely popular position, because some Democratic Senators are bought off and wont do it. And said bought off Senators refuse to realize that "better things would be possible with more Democrats in the Senate" isn't a good 2022 message versus STOLEN ELECTION COMMIE DEMONCRATS RAISIN UR TAXES TO KILL UNBORN BABIES

Do you really think that if the senate dems suddenly stopped being lovely that Biden would be leading a charge to do all those things?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CainFortea posted:

lol, sure.

Convincing refutation.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

lol, sure.

Oh poo poo you showed me

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CainFortea posted:

Do you really think that if the senate dems suddenly stopped being lovely that Biden would be leading a charge to do all those things?

Not really sure, leaning yes. Every indication is that Biden's animating principle is to Do Popular poo poo and a lot of Biden's agenda is Doing Popular poo poo. Biden's way more liberal than most people think, but he's definitely no progressive, so it's not all on Congress being lovely.

But it's not on Biden that stuff like the minimum wage of $15 isn't a thing right now. And it's not like Biden has power over the Sinemas/Manchins of the Senate, so he would be "leading a charge" as they would be reading the latest paper version of Politico magazine. But he's not exactly prodding them hard either!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

But it's not on Biden that stuff like the minimum wage of $15 isn't a thing right now. And it's not like Biden has power over the Sinemas/Manchins of the Senate, so he would be "leading a charge" as they would be reading the latest paper version of Politico magazine. But he's not exactly prodding them hard either!

He does have some power though. You don't get to be nominated and voted in as president without having some levers of power in your own internal party, through things like campaigning. It's not like Trump was the first president to ever support or not support his own party candidates. Although I will grant most of the rest of them do it more in the primaries and not a week before the election.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why isn’t Biden campaigning??????

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Convincing refutation.

Are you serious. Have you forgotten your posts from just a few months ago. You and acebuckeye were the biggest "actually Biden has the most progressive platform" guys in both current events and the Biden threads. You were so impressed by acebuckeye's posts on the subject you named at least one current events thread after him.

As for the this isn't Biden's fault argument, one of the biggest cases for Biden is that as a long time Senate mover, he could move the Senate.

What's actually happening is that the Dems don't actually want to do the things the Dems won't do, and then they can hand out the credit for stopping the radical dem agenda to moderate dems who want the nonpartisan clout.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Best Friends posted:

Are you serious. Have you forgotten your posts from just a few months ago. You and acebuckeye were the biggest "actually Biden has the most progressive platform" guys in both current events and the Biden threads. You were so impressed by acebuckeye's posts on the subject you named at least one current events thread after him.

acebuckeye’s post was a lot more thought out than any other argument tho

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

FrozenVent posted:

Posts that belong in the news thread:

-Actual news
-Discussions of news. "Well I think this could have been averted if the engineer had not overgreased the bearing like a monkey who only knows one trick."
-Debate about news. "I disagree, over-lubbing a shaft bearing is a valid approach if one considers the Engin R DUMB theorem"

Things that don't belong in the news thread:

-Discussing other posters. "Stop licking the engineer's boot you dumb piece of poo poo."
-Ad hominem attack. "I bet you got your engineering license in a trashcan, where you belong, you engineer piece of poo poo."
-Attacks against merchant marine engineers. They already have it hard enough, the poor ginger bears.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Best Friends posted:

As for the this isn't Biden's fault argument, one of the biggest cases for Biden is that as a long time Senate mover, he could move the Senate.

What's actually happening is that the Dems don't actually want to do the things the Dems won't do, and then they can hand out the credit for stopping the radical dem agenda to moderate dems who want the nonpartisan clout.

Absolutely true! I'd also add that though the current crop of Democrats are more liberal than they were back in 09-10, they still have the really lovely thing where they campaign on X, without ever having the intention of doing X, then get elected and get indignant when voters are mad that they're not doing X.

Edit: ENGINEERS ARE BAD

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
As an engineer I can confirm engineers are bad. I am a desk warrior though so definitely doubly bad, which negates and makes me actually very good.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Did you know that engineers are overrepresented in jihadist groups by a significant factor when compared to other militant groups and society at large? Brings to mind some interesting questions- not saying that FrozenVent could have been the 21st hijacker on 9/11, but it is curious that he’s never confirmed his whereabouts on that day, especially whether he may have missed a flight.

Interesting indeed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Did you know that engineers are overrepresented in jihadist groups by a significant factor when compared to other militant groups and society at large? Brings to mind some interesting questions- not saying that FrozenVent could have been the 21st hijacker on 9/11, but it is curious that he’s never confirmed his whereabouts on that day, especially whether he may have missed a flight.

Interesting indeed.

I know in the US Engineers often lean Libertarian/SovCit and believe other whacky illogical nonsense, wonder if there's a connection

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 26, 2021

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I originally went to university for a degree in engineering. I left after one year never wanting to work with, near, or for an engineer.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Doctors kind of have a similar thing.

Any elite and respected profession that requires a deep and narrow knowledge base as a minimum standard seems to create people who are really good at not knowing they’re bad at other things.

My grandpa is a great case, apparently he’s a pretty renowned psychiatrist at least in his field but he is the biggest mark in the world. He’s made many “tech support” guys in India very happy.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Interesting indeed.

It is well known that I was playing Jane’s 688(i) when the second plane hit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm petting my cat

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Doctors kind of have a similar thing.

Any elite and respected profession that requires a deep and narrow knowledge base as a minimum standard seems to create people who are really good at not knowing they’re bad at other things.

My grandpa is a great case, apparently he’s a pretty renowned psychiatrist at least in his field but he is the biggest mark in the world. He’s made many “tech support” guys in India very happy.

At least doctors mostly stick to killing only themselves with airplanes

e: gently caress I don't even know whether that's a 9/11 joke or a Boeing joke

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 26, 2021

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

At least doctors mostly stick to killing only themselves with airplanes

e: gently caress I don't even know whether that's a 9/11 joke or a Boeing joke

It's a Beechcraft joke.

(The Beechcraft Bonanza is the plane known as "the doctor killer")

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

There was a lunar eclipse last night, I did the best I could for you filthy animals

Also FrozenVent isn't an engineer

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Doooooope

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

From don in thd hbstech discord

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

FrozenVent's just jealous he doesn't have that steel pinky ring

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/nlhyg4/kentucky_dad_sobbingly_promises_daughter_2000_to/

Reddit

But worth it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

quote:

I’ll give you $2000 to shut your drawers properly

e: drat what a sad and broke brained person

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lolllllllll

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Uh that dad sounds unhinged in a murder-suicide way and not a funny ha-ha way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA