Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

cringe warning (not from james stephanie sterling)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1ZBfuXMvA

Their segment with GBA games was pretty weak. While I get how it tied into the larger point, it does undermine it a little because a lot of the games that were shown can be gotten fairly cheap if you buy the cart only and not go for the boxed copies that were never opened like those that were shown in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

RareAcumen posted:

drat, 20 years old and only two bad games in the series. That's a pretty good run for any franchise.
If the new one's good that might be reason enough to get a PS5 eventually lol

I am curious which ones you think are bad though. I've heard only bad things about All 4 one, the 2D 4 player platformer spinoff and I personally think both the PSP games are bad (secret agent Clank being the worst). Some people don't like Deadlocked/Gladiator but they're wrong its actually the best one.

I waited until I could buy a ps3 for £50 secondhand just to I could play the R&C games for that generation lol. Tools of Destruction was really disapointing but A Crack in time was like actually really good, it even made me okay with some of the more bizarre plot changes.

The remake on ps4 was really nice looking and played well but I did not care for the story at all and the cutsenes that weren't lifted from the movie directly had worse animation that the PS2 original did.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 26, 2021

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Gonna be honest, im ten minutes into the Hbomb video and the amount of weak jokes and skits that have nothing to do with the video's thesis is extremely off putting.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I like them. Hbomb wants to make 2 hour videos about why Sherlock sucks or New Vegas is great. Instead he's become an influential voice on the left about right wing bullshit, and he brings to it a levity that's important to keep around lest you get super sad.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Baka-nin posted:

Gonna be honest, im ten minutes into the Hbomb video and the amount of weak jokes and skits that have nothing to do with the video's thesis is extremely off putting.

I'm kind of coming from the other side: I crave weak jokes and skits like sharks crave blood, but everything longer then ca. 30 minutes is extremely off putting to me. Though the last hbomber video I watched was funny and informative enough to eventually carry me through, so I'm willing to watch it on Saturday, when I actually have the time to let a 2-hour video running in the background

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS49gCSzav0

Atun-Shei made a video about Atlantis bullshit and how the dude who invented it was actually kinda of a good dude weirdly enough because its mostly about Iowa. a

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 26, 2021

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Archer666 posted:

Their segment with GBA games was pretty weak. While I get how it tied into the larger point, it does undermine it a little because a lot of the games that were shown can be gotten fairly cheap if you buy the cart only and not go for the boxed copies that were never opened like those that were shown in the video.

that was a little weird, yeah.

still, their ruminating on how nostalgia has even lead themselves into weird buying habits to cope with continual disenfranchisement really did hit home.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i’ll probably watch it but hbomb vids on media >>>>>>>>> hbomb dunking on people i already disagree with. i mean that’s not exclusive to him and occasionally he will hit a homer but it’s just kinda boring to me most of the time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

If the new one's good that might be reason enough to get a PS5 eventually lol

I am curious which ones you think are bad though. I've heard only bad things about All 4 one, the 2D 4 player platformer spinoff and I personally think both the PSP games are bad (secret agent Clank being the worst). Some people don't like Deadlocked/Gladiator but they're wrong its actually the best one.

I waited until I could buy a ps3 for £50 secondhand just to I could play the R&C games for that generation lol. Tools of Destruction was really disapointing but A Crack in time was like actually really good, it even made me okay with some of the more bizarre plot changes.

The remake on ps4 was really nice looking and played well but I did not care for the story at all and the cutsenes that weren't lifted from the movie directly had worse animation that the PS2 original did.

Yeah, All 4 One and Gladiator are the ones on my hit list.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

watho posted:

ill probably watch it but hbomb vids on media >>>>>>>>> hbomb dunking on people i already disagree with. i mean thats not exclusive to him and occasionally he will hit a homer but its just kinda boring to me most of the time

the issue with the latter is that he's never gonna top FUCKIN' AQUAMAN, unfortunately

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTi_4458Nl4

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm waiting on Hbomb's Prequel and Snyder defense videos. It'll be the end-times for this thread and they'll be his magnum opuses... opusii... his greatest work!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

the issue with the latter is that he's never gonna top FUCKIN' AQUAMAN, unfortunately

oh yeah, that was the best

I already used that joke on my poor, suffering colleagues when global warming came up in discussion, got a couple good laughs

SSS+++, would steal joke again

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jimbot posted:

magnum opuses... opusii...

opera

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Jimbot posted:

I'm waiting on Hbomb's Prequel and Snyder defense videos. It'll be the end-times for this thread and they'll be his magnum opuses... opusii... his greatest work!

new hbomb video in the thread this morning. dunking on antivaxxers. this thread is extended derails and the details are full of shitposts and when the mods crack down all the shitposters will be banned. the accumulated discourse of all their zach snyders and star wars will fill up about the waists and all the mods and white noise posters will look up and shout “save us”…

…and i’ll look down, and whisper “these men are pawns”

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I finished hbomb's video, at first I was a bit put off by skits and length and all that but after 15-20 minutes it starts getting really good. It's just an engrossing unraveling of a massive con which gets more and more ridiculous and disturbing with each layer

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

watho posted:

i’ll probably watch it but hbomb vids on media >>>>>>>>> hbomb dunking on people i already disagree with. i mean that’s not exclusive to him and occasionally he will hit a homer but it’s just kinda boring to me most of the time

I mean yeah while I do agree his media analysis vids are way more entertaining, this topic is very important. Like this video goes places. The insane farcical origins of the anti vax movement is nuts and its good Hbomb is using his influence to educate as many people as possible even if most people who watch the video already know vaccines don't cause autism. I think Hbomb figures he should use his influence for this kind of thing considering how hes moved away from just dunking on nobodies like Jordan Owen and that Skull guy, or even people like Carl of Akkad, and instead address important issues like climate change and vaccine denial stuff

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

watho posted:

new hbomb video in the thread this morning. dunking on antivaxxers. this thread is extended derails and the details are full of shitposts and when the mods crack down all the shitposters will be banned. the accumulated discourse of all their zach snyders and star wars will fill up about the waists and all the mods and white noise posters will look up and shout “save us”…

…and i’ll look down, and whisper “YO! YA YO YA YOOOOO HO HO HO HIS NAME IS LUFFY!”

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

RareAcumen posted:

I will respectfully disagree instead of writing a big post about how much I like Gladiator that nobody will read lol.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jamie Faith posted:

…and i’ll look down, and whisper “My fortune yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first. I left everything I own in One Piece.”

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Jimbot posted:

I really really hope he does a Snyder is genius and here's why vid. Even if it doesn't convince anyone, I hope it'll at least put the whole "anyone who likes snyder is a chud/moron" thing to rest (atleast in left wing spaces)

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 26, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

watho posted:

Very impressed that everyone's managed to watch a video that's almost half as long as a Zack Snyder Justice League without screaming as they watch the timestamp crawl.

Jamie Faith posted:

I mean yeah while I do agree his media analysis vids are way more entertaining, this topic is very important. Like this video goes places. The insane farcical origins of the anti vax movement is nuts and its good Hbomb is using his influence to educate as many people as possible even if most people who watch the video already know vaccines don't cause autism. I think Hbomb figures he should use his influence for this kind of thing considering how hes moved away from just dunking on nobodies like Jordan Owen and that Skull guy, or even people like Carl of Akkad, and instead address important issues like climate change and vaccine denial stuff

When I was younger I always wanted a website that explains things in layman's terms with diagrams and stuff. With youtube being so popular now there're videos about basically everything now though so a 'How it's Made' on everything doesn't really need to be invented so much as just keep momentum. I like videos like Hbomb's because it's a bunch of information consolidated into one place with sources and reasons and stuff.

Mr Phillby posted:

I will respectfully disagree instead of writing a big post about how much I like Gladiator that nobody will read lol.

That's a far more mature opinion on things than I have which is 'You don't like something? Well, I cannot present an argument well enough to argue against you and it doesn't effect my life at all so you do you.'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 26, 2021

watho
Aug 2, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Very impressed that everyone's managed to watch a video that's almost half as long as a Zack Snyder Justice League without screaming as they watch the timestamp crawl.

i have not watched the video lol. the weather was too nice to waste on that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

watho posted:

this is less "dunking on" and more "here's the totality of how the originator of the MMR autism myth is a loving monster who abused kids, nearly killed one, and lied about more than half of his results against the rest of the medical team that assisted him in the study all for a get rich quick scheme... AND HE WASN'T EVEN ANTI-VAX WHEN HE PUSHED IT, BECAUSE HE WAS SELLING HIS OWN VACCINE"

it's not so much a 'here's a clip of an alt-right youtuber, then my wacky response' and more "holy poo poo this ghoul should be in prison". though there are plenty of interview clips of wakefield that are very bad

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 26, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Cosmonaut Variety Hour watches arguably the most racist of the Bayformers, Revenge of the Fallen.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This keeps getting paired with a recommendation for his "let's try 20 different lunchables" and I find that hilarious.

I think the worst one he's had to do, as far as I'm concerned, is the one where he had to drink a ton of different Gatorade flavors. That just sounds like a miserable experience.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Jimbot posted:

I don't like Synder movies but I am absolutely looking forward to that video. :allears:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I don't like Synder movies but I am absolutely looking forward to that video. :allears:

Hbomb could make a 1 hour and 40 minute video on paint drying and I'd still watch it and probably enjoy it lol Hes that kind of creator :allears:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macaluso posted:

This keeps getting paired with a recommendation for his "let's try 20 different lunchables" and I find that hilarious.

I think the worst one he's had to do, as far as I'm concerned, is the one where he had to drink a ton of different Gatorade flavors. That just sounds like a miserable experience.

For me it was 'try however many Little Debbie's.' I can't imagine that much bland processed sugar but drinking a lot of vaguely flavored salty water is no doubt up there.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I wonder how many views he has to get to make that back

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That Hbomb vid is worth a watch to see the crazy story of how this all got started.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dawgstar posted:

For me it was 'try however many Little Debbie's.' I can't imagine that much bland processed sugar but drinking a lot of vaguely flavored salty water is no doubt up there.

The Oreos one was the worst for me, at least the Little Debbie's one had variety.

Though ProZD himself seemed to have hated the La Croix one the most lol

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

At least Gatorade has some semblance of flavor, the La Croix one was probably a nightmare.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Creating the Pepe Silvia board alone will take 5 months.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

As someone who was only peripherally aware of the bogus study that basically started the whole anti-vaxx movement, it's genuinely shocking to see how the whole thing came about because a loving lawyer hired a hack to fake a study so they could sue vaccine companies.

Hbombs video is informative, entertaining and genuinely educational, and imo it's his best work yet.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Very interesting. And horrifying. And some fun guest appearances.

I'm curious where Private Eye was during the media hysteria.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

RareAcumen posted:

Ratchet Gladiator slaps.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Ratchet Gladiator slaps.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like hbomb but I panic whenever I see him now because I can't stop contemplating how quickly he went bald and ruminating on how that might happen to me at any time.

I guess I'm glad he's brave in facing it while I am a vain coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I like hbomb but I panic whenever I see him now because I can't stop contemplating how quickly he went bald and ruminating on how that might happen to me at any time.

I guess I'm glad he's brave in facing it while I am a vain coward.

He's actually just getting his scalp lasered to gaslight you.