Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I like hbomb but I panic whenever I see him now because I can't stop contemplating how quickly he went bald and ruminating on how that might happen to me at any time.

I guess I'm glad he's brave in facing it while I am a vain coward.

how...quickly...

mate, Hbomb has had a deserting hairline for years. Maybe it's something that's more visible to us follicly challenged, but lemme tell you, sudden it was not

No offense to the Honorable Harris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The moment the co-signer on the lancet paper claimed he could cure Autism with his bone marrow I just let out the most hollow wheeze my body could manage. After a loving year of absolute cretins screaming about Epstein's cum in the Covid vaccine it's the only response I could muster to the revelation.

Also goddamn, it loving owns being Autistic. Owns so hard parents would rather their kids die horribly of easily treatable diseases because they're so desperate for kids to not "catch" Autism. It's so nice to be reminded people consider you a diseased burden :smith:.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

SteelMentor posted:

The moment the co-signer on the lancet paper claimed he could cure Autism with his bone marrow I just let out the most hollow wheeze my body could manage. After a loving year of absolute cretins screaming about Epstein's cum in the Covid vaccine it's the only response I could muster to the revelation.

Also goddamn, it loving owns being Autistic. Owns so hard parents would rather their kids die horribly of easily treatable diseases because they're so desperate for kids to not "catch" Autism. It's so nice to be reminded people consider you a diseased burden :smith:.

I don't, SteelMentor, I think you're cool and I value you as a person.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

JordanKai posted:

Ratchet Gladiator slaps.

The series peaked with Going Commando. Thugs 4 Less were the best goons.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

McCloud posted:

how...quickly...

mate, Hbomb has had a deserting hairline for years. Maybe it's something that's more visible to us follicly challenged, but lemme tell you, sudden it was not

No offense to the Honorable Harris

Yeah even in his earlier videos when he was in college he had the hairline of a 35 year old.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SteelMentor posted:

After a loving year of absolute cretins screaming about Epstein's cum in the Covid vaccine

Sorry what

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He even literally jokes about it in one of his earlier videos. I think it was one of the soy-related ones?

Edit: the hair thing, I mean. Not Epsteins cum in vaccines

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Hbomb will never top this:

Change my mind.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNmLwOLz3w&t

a dude i think is funny made a quick thing about the weird depths of disney adults. not like "lol they do fan art or like dead rides" more "they spend millions to get a lovely mccmansion inside the park grounds". like the whole tour of the mcmansion by rich lady owner feels like a verhovin bit.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Macaluso posted:

Sorry what

One of the genuinely weird goddamn things Epstein was into was that he believed that his cum was special and had various near magical properties, the kinda pseudo-science brainworms ones develops when you're as rich and connected as he was.

So anti-vax types who are aligned along the Q-Anon track, because lets be honest they're almost two fully merged circles at this point, decided that because Bill Gates was pushing hard for vaccines and because Gates was buddies with Epstein this meant Epstein's DNA was in every vaccine with a few of them going so far to explicitly say it's his preserved cum.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNmLwOLz3w&t

a dude i think is funny made a quick thing about the weird depths of disney adults. not like "lol they do fan art or like dead rides" more "they spend millions to get a lovely mccmansion inside the park grounds". like the whole tour of the mcmansion by rich lady owner feels like a verhovin bit.

Watched this a few days ago and while the Disney-curated housing is absolutely soul-shuddering, I wish this dude had went a little more into the absolute insanity that is the average Disney/Theme Park vlogger. Like goddamn for every theme-park nerd like Defunctland or Jenny Nicholson, you've got a legion of way too smiley nutbars like Adam the Woo or Tim Tracker.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 26, 2021

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New reply is not edit goddamn it

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Trying to sift through theme park content makers to find people whose personality doesn't make your skin crawl sure is laborious. Even on the higher tier end of things you have dudes like Defunctland who admittedly has gotten way better but used to be super awkward and would literally pitch his voice down, and then, yeah, guys like adamthewoo who have personalities that are lab engineered to drain all the energy from me. He's even done a few informative videos that make me squirm to sit through, on top of being a dude who has YouTube algorithm-gaming nonsense titles for his videos and tries unsuccessfully really hard to be a jack of all trades about various subjects. I'll admit he's fascinating as a weird character though, especially since finding out he grew up around a town I frequent and was one of the theme park internet idiots who got banned from the Disney parks for some amount of time. Most of the theme park dorks on YT are just really awkward sounding nerds though, which would be me if I tried to do video essay poo poo.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Arbite posted:

Very interesting. And horrifying. And some fun guest appearances.

I'm curious where Private Eye was during the media hysteria.

Not exactly covering itself with glory.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

Watched this a few days ago and while the Disney-curated housing is absolutely soul-shuddering, I wish this dude had went a little more into the absolute insanity that is the average Disney/Theme Park vlogger. Like goddamn for every theme-park nerd like Defunctland or Jenny Nicholson, you've got a legion of way too smiley nutbars like Adam the Woo or Tim Tracker.

whats honestly funny is how loving ugly and pathetic the house is. like the stain glass windows look like poo poo you would buy in a moms magazine for some "reasonable" price now blowing millions for some ugly mcmansion. like if i am gonna blow money on a disney house. its gonna look like old spooky looking second imperial mansion and i'll probably have portrait hallway similar to haunted mansion.

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

Trying to sift through theme park content makers to find people whose personality doesn't make your skin crawl sure is laborious. Even on the higher tier end of things you have dudes like Defunctland who admittedly has gotten way better but used to be super awkward and would literally pitch his voice down, and then, yeah, guys like adamthewoo who have personalities that are lab engineered to drain all the energy from me. He's even done a few informative videos that make me squirm to sit through, on top of being a dude who has YouTube algorithm-gaming nonsense titles for his videos and tries unsuccessfully really hard to be a jack of all trades about various subjects. I'll admit he's fascinating as a weird character though, especially since finding out he grew up around a town I frequent and was one of the theme park internet idiots who got banned from the Disney parks for some amount of time. Most of the theme park dorks on YT are just really awkward sounding nerds though, which would be me if I tried to do video essay poo poo.

defunctland and few others are interesting because they actually talk about the history and the company bullshit behind the rides and how stuff succeeds and some stuff fails and its a cool idea to see how some of the big corpo types think and poo poo. and i also some that catch all the weird details in rides and poo poo. but most of the stuff is weird and like gross because i don't like listening to some person pitch up their voice into some perk caidence to talk about disney poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 27, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

It’s kind of telling when Jenny Nicholson is the least awkward one, and it’s not even close.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Defunctland at least stopped doing the pitch shift. Watching his older videos now feels odd but also somehow adorable at the same time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And Marcus’ Transformers video is already blocked worldwide. Good looking out, Paramount.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DeafNote posted:

Defunctland at least stopped doing the pitch shift. Watching his older videos now feels odd but also somehow adorable at the same time.

Pitch shift? But yeah his newer stuff seems way more creative and also willing to point out the various bad/weird poo poo Walt and the company do.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Dawgstar posted:

And Marcus’ Transformers video is already blocked worldwide. Good looking out, Paramount.

Marcus has been struck with horrible luck in both his TF videos. He didn't even cover the whole movie this time because the camera died lol

It was the will of Primus :smugwizard:

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
That new hBomb video is real real good and actually answered my longstanding confusion over why his basement hellstudio is filled with seemingly abandoned tools and junk that he would never use.

Also, while someone else in the thread complained about the skits and tangents at the start of the video I'm honestly really enamored by the onscreen persona of a barely held together maniac who's perpetually on the verge of snapping he has in any of those skits. I think having a sort of recognizable persona/"voice" that runs through their work is one of the things that really propels YouTube content creators to success.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I might be in a minority here but I like his sense of humor, so I appreciated the skits

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

hbomb’s new video starts off wacky and by about halfway through you’ll be wishing you could beat andrew wakefield to death with your bare hands

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Yeah honestly Hbomb is like the funniest youtuber imo. Hes a blast to watch

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

hbomb’s new video starts off wacky and by about halfway through you’ll be wishing you could beat andrew wakefield to death with your bare hands

I was genuinely shocked, disturbed and furious about halfway through

And then it got worse

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hbomb is the only successful Goon project.

That's why he left.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's why he left.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

That was really good.

Ok whos putting money down on how long until it gets flagged until it's taken down?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DeafNote posted:

I never noticed that before. That's so odd, because he has a really deep voice to begin with.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It always feels off to hear your voice played back to you. I'm guessing that's something a lot of video folk had to get over.

Sorting Algorithms
Feb 7, 2021

KingKalamari posted:

Also, while someone else in the thread complained about the skits and tangents at the start of the video I'm honestly really enamored by the onscreen persona of a barely held together maniac who's perpetually on the verge of snapping he has in any of those skits. I think having a sort of recognizable persona/"voice" that runs through their work is one of the things that really propels YouTube content creators to success.

I think it's mostly because people that hate wacky personas and deep channel lore will still power through them if the video surrounding it is good.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

DeafNote posted:

I'll be hearing that early opening spiel he did in every season 1 video on my death bed. Something about the flat way he rushed through "for backgroundslashcontext on Defunctland etc etc" that has bored into my grey matter.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's why he left.

he isn't the only one, but yeah once you make it you leave

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I had read up on the Wakefield paper before, but even so I didn't know just how deep the rabbit hole went. I was boiling over with anger halfway through the video. What an all-time monster.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

when bdg turned up as a floating head i thought to myself "i bet he was just asked for a voice-over."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I like hbomb but I panic whenever I see him now because I can't stop contemplating how quickly he went bald and ruminating on how that might happen to me at any time.

I guess I'm glad he's brave in facing it while I am a vain coward.
as someone who has been completely hairless since I was 3(alopecia universalis), just get it over with and shave your head, being bald rules and is much less maintenance

here's a question for you: if you had the option to be totally, 100% hairless, no hair anywhere including body hair, leg/arm hair, nose hair, ear hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, head hair, etc, would you do it? I'm curious how many folks would willingly go for it.

I have never had hair since I was a toddler and I never want hair. It's so, so much less work, no shaving, no shampooing, no maintenance whatsoever. and if I really wanted head hair I could get a wig. The only downsides are a bit oilier skin(since body oils tend to spread out onto hair instead of sitting on the skin), slightly worse allergies since no nose hair(medication easily remedies this), and not having eyelashes/eyebrows means sweat gets in my eyes real easily. but otherwise I get baby smooth skin, even in my 30s.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thinking about how rough my skin is now.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

here's a question for you: if you had the option to be totally, 100% hairless, no hair anywhere including body hair, leg/arm hair, nose hair, ear hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, head hair, etc, would you do it? I'm curious how many folks would willingly go for it.

100%

The hassle of not having eyebrows seems like it would be more than worth not having to deal with the hassle of hair enywhere else.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 27, 2021

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

only if it also caused me to have purple eyes and no period

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Captain Invictus posted:

as someone who has been completely hairless since I was 3(alopecia universalis), just get it over with and shave your head, being bald rules and is much less maintenance

I have never had hair since I was a toddler and I never want hair. It's so, so much less work, no shaving, no shampooing, no maintenance whatsoever. and if I really wanted head hair I could get a wig. The only downsides are a bit oilier skin(since body oils tend to spread out onto hair instead of sitting on the skin), slightly worse allergies since no nose hair(medication easily remedies this), and not having eyelashes/eyebrows means sweat gets in my eyes real easily. but otherwise I get baby smooth skin, even in my 30s.

I started going grey at 12/13. My hair situation is just deeply unfortunate but I also love my hair despite the fact that like every year I grow increasingly tempted to just shave it all off and accept that I'll look sickly and grosser than usual for like, months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I feel like the only thing I'd miss is mustache-ability but otherwise smooth me out.