Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cheetah7071 posted:

Never blocking and running past all the enemies is how I play dark souls

Then you'd be good at Sekiro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nah cause I suck at timed parries

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

this is a really good post - i had my eye on this game, i'll probably grab it during a sale.

iirc ruina is still EA, so on the subject on EA games Last Epoch is looking really strong. still waiting for multiplayer to get added but of the upcoming diablos it's probably the one that seems most promising to me. i'll give poe 2 a chance for sure but it's unfortunately going to be a sequel to poe so

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Simone Magus posted:

Not related to anything:

I just got into a really, really, like no kidding insanely bad depression. I just want to say that, if you have the ability in your life to just talk to a friend or go watch movies at their house or whatever, don't take that for granted

I've always had lots of people in my life until recently, mostly from the move to America, but believe me here. Being in a position where I literally, literally don't have a single friend that I can have a conversation with, even via dumb little texts... it sucks, like, so bad. I didn't know anything could suck this bad. Usually I can just be really stoned and work hard and play video games and joke about it but... it's like all hit me at once right now and it's... it's just so bad :(

I can't believe I used to just take this stuff for granted

Rinkles posted:

I’ve been in a similar hole for a (long) while now. Once I disconnected from my friends when I came to the states from Europe, I had trouble making new bonds, and adjusting to the culture, and eventually I "imploded". I’m sorry but I don’t have much advice to give since I never really recovered.

I do the “treat yourself” buying stuff too sometimes, it can momentarily help! But it’s not actually filling the hole, and often I feel worse even guilty afterwards.

I really do hope you feel better soon.

I moved to the USA about 14 years ago. I had moved to the UK 4 years before that and eventually built up a friend circle there, but a lot of South Africans move to the UK so I knew some people already. I knew nobody in the USA when I moved here. I was really lonely for ages, but also an idiot and pushed people away without trying to (because I was an rear end in a top hat). Eventually I settled down and found some goon friends as well as making friends at work, meeting people at parties, meeting people on meetup, etc etc. It sucks that timezones exist because I can't game with my friends in UK/SA apart from on Saturday mornings sometimes.

Anyway it does get better, but it takes a while. The first time (UK) took me about 3 years to build up a bunch of new friends and the second time it took me a couple of years at least. But it's a loving job. You'll be alone sometimes on christmas or new years and it'll suck. With time you'll meet more people and it'll get better. One person said to me once 'never refuse an invitation to anything' and I made a point of doing that even if I didn't feel like it and it helped. With the last year... yeah this whole situation sucks. Feel free to PM me (both of you, or anyone else in this situation). IDK how much I can help but I've been in this situation twice before and got through it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I'm digging Maneater's lovely, trashy documentary vibe for the story, it's a lot of fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

okami made rarity quit video games, must be pretty bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So good that Rarity wept for she had no more games to conquer.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's looking like those mysterious coded cards that lots of people were getting in the mail are actually a promo for a new Fortnite event. The hexagon basically maps to the Fortnite island, Epic has been hinting at aliens both in-game and on twitter and now Fortnite streamers are receiving discs containing cryptic videos.

So much for that being exciting.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I keep trying but bouncing off it quickly. The game is just so janky and outdated now.

I'm not sure why it still works for me. I get what you're saying, there's a ton of jank, but it still grabbed me when the private servers revived it. I don't even have nostalgia for it--I never really played it when it was originally live--so even though I was new to it with Homecoming I still loved it.

Maybe it's one of those times when, for me, the jank is part of the charm.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Excited to start up Danganronpa 2 today, the first one was a wild ride so I'm looking forwarding to liveposting variations on "WHAT?" and "HOLY poo poo!" in this thread until I finish.

Once I wrap up that I think my next PC game should be Nier Replicant which I'm also looking forward to. With the weight of Dragon Quest XI S off my shoulders I think I'll end up bouncing around finishing up a bunch of smaller games I've had in my backlog/semi-played through.

It's a good day to be gaming.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dang Old Ron Paul

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For anyone who has played Etrian Odyssey, I've just reached the 5th dungeon and I have a question. I don't know how much of a spoiler this is but I'll tag it anyway.

So I'm trying to find the thrones and I keep going through warps that are teleporting me to previous mazes. That's all fine and good, I get it, but why is the text for using a warp "Fight"? I'm not fighting anything when I use them. Are there supposed to be fights? I'm playing on casual difficulty so idk if that changes anything or not.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol I'm digging Maneater's lovely, trashy documentary vibe for the story, it's a lot of fun

It's extremely dumb and I love it. Game isn't half bad either

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Maneater is pure trashy fun and it's glorious, I hope that studio does another thing like it

The narration by Chris parnell really helps

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

homeless snail posted:

it's time to replace american idol culture with regular idol culture. don't see a single glowstick or wota in the audience of american idol smh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4GdGSnhr_c

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i went into the new monster hunter update after a few weeks of downtime and tried to get back in the swing w/ the events i missed and the new utsushi filler but then the ibushi/narwa power hour gave me the first triple cart ive had in rise so far and a grueling one at that so i got scared and went crawling back to staring at cute pokemon who never do what i want forever

and just in time for an inordinately large update that seemingly used all its power to make braviary eat that loving fluffruit

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's wild there's still a mainline Dragon Quest that's never getting an official release in the West.

https://twitter.com/afillari/status/1397761530096095235

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's wild there's still a mainline Dragon Quest that's never getting an official release in the West.

https://twitter.com/afillari/status/1397761530096095235

I honestly burst out laughing at that little disclaimer

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BETLb0hYAuQ

Dragon Quest III 2D-HD remake :eyepop:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The in battle sprites look nice but in dungeon and overworld it looks bad to me

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

drat it uh, looks a LOT like Octopath

also lmao there's twice as many people watching Pekora watching the stream as there are viewers on the actual stream itself

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 27, 2021

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"Dragon Quest XII, FOR ADULTS!"

oh no.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barudak posted:

The in battle sprites look nice but in dungeon and overworld it looks bad to me
at this point you either like the octopath style or hate it. and by style i mean a shitload of post processing effects

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

oh no.

Kids don't give a poo poo about Dragon Quest so at least this is honest

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'll finally get to find out what a Puff-Puff is.

Also you don't need to have commands anymore, so Hero in Smash Bros. will be getting an update in the future to remove his command move.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Speaking of dragon quest, is there a reason to play both builders games or is builders 2 basically just builders 1 but better and I should just jump in with that one?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Speaking of dragon quest, is there a reason to play both builders games or is builders 2 basically just builders 1 but better and I should just jump in with that one?

Builders 2 is better and you can just jump in with that. I ended up wanting more and went back to Builders 1 afterwards, and it was fun too, but it's definitely less polished.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, Builders 2 is objectively better than the first game. In the first one you go from island to island, starting over each time so you never get to a real Minecraft situation where you can just go ham and make big projects. 2 has the same structure but you have your own island you build up over the adventure that you go back to and there's where you can make a cool little city for yourself and your party members

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dqb1 has a neat premise but you can also just look up details about the final chapter to get the gist of it. dqb2 is a big step up in every way and i'm bummed there wasn't an announcement for 3. some day...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kasuga is losing his mind right now. "There are TWELVE?!"

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Would I like final fantasy if my previous positive mmo experience is playing with goons in launch era the secret world, pre-HOT guild wars two, and that weird f2p Skygods or whatever it was?

I mostly like doing chill world events and accruing outfits rather than like, precision esports raiding or whatever.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Roach Warehouse posted:

Would I like final fantasy if my previous positive mmo experience is playing with goons in launch era the secret world, pre-HOT guild wars two, and that weird f2p Skygods or whatever it was?

I mostly like doing chill world events and accruing outfits rather than like, precision esports raiding or whatever.

it has the nicest playerbase of any game on earth and all of the game that isn't endgame wheel-spinning til the next thing is pretty casual

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I'm going to disagree with everyone and say you should do DQB1 first. The gameplay improvements make it hard to go back to the first one, but the first one has 4 good islands, while the second has, like, 1 amazing island, 2 good ones, and 2 meh ones, give or take.

I really wish they'd release a DLC that was the full first game with the improvements of the second game. We're never getting another because Kazuya Niinou is done with Squenix.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Roach Warehouse posted:

idk probably but you could try the free trial up through the first expansion and get a feel for things. There's a bunch of goon guilds you can join and everyone has been very friendly. I don't play it much but it's pretty chill for like 90% of the game.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

So, initial impressions and wild theories after playing the prologue of Danganronpa 2.

I'm not hugely sold on any of the characters immediately, they feel very, very similar to the same archetypes that were in Danganronpa 1 but I'll give them time and see how they develop.

I am intrigued to see what the hell is going on with fat Byakuya though :allears:

I do not trust Nagito at all, he's too friendly and chill which means he's either an evil mastermind or he's going to be the first one dead. I also don't think he's being truthful about his Ultimate ability.

As for the PC, I wonder if his Ultimate ability might actually have been Ultimate Despair given that he's such a massive downer/pessimist but maybe the magic memory erasing drugs hosed him up harder than he thought. Also, guessing the "island" is some sort of digital simulation - just guessing from the whole Usagi turning a chicken into a cow thing.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I dunno, I honestly think Builders 2 is even maybe a little too long and I don't know if I'd be interested in doubling its playtime essentially. The characters talk for so long about absolutely nothing and the whole thing is so painfully on-rails and tutorial-heavy and hand-holdey, especially for a crafting game. I tried to replay Builders2 last year and got to the second island before quitting

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

These reaction posts will be interesting to follow because I came away hating DR2 even though everyone else seems to have enjoyed it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

there's not a whole lot of world stuff, but there are a ton of weird things to gently caress around with or grind on that aren't hardcore raiding. although a lot of it happens at what were previously endgame levels so you won't be able to do most of them right at the start

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

oh no.

https://twitter.com/mana_chan__/status/1397770981398171653?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I liked DR2 but I think overall the actual mysteries/murders and trial sequences are less tight than the first game. The first four cases in DR1 are so loving good and make you feel so smart and the second game just isn't nearly as clever. But, I liked the running plot narrative much more than the first game, which is just the exact same line over and over until the final chapter where you start to actually figure some stuff out.