Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

ist posted:

I ended up swapping the DRU/BRD out to go SK + CLR + ENC + SHM + MAG + WIZ instead, with the plan to play SK + CLR + SHM + BRD + 2 RNG in Luclin-POP and swap the rangers out for zerkers if I make it past POP.

So much plate and chain. It’ll be an anchor around your neck trying to gear out later on, depending how much PoP+ content you see yourself sticking around for.

If you’re going with melee and want a zerker, get a monk in there, if only just to soak the leather drops you’d otherwise rot.

Also, bards are so good, I can’t imagine trying to make it work either either a melee or caster group and not have one.

quote:

Also I still need to decide between 5 human + 1 barb starting in Qeynos or 4 DE + 2 troll starting in Nektulos...

Trolls start in Feerott. It’s a zone away from Ogres, and two from South Ro wizard port.

Honestly you’ll bind in EC tunnel after you get level 12 on your casters and Origin points will matter a bit less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01

ist fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 19, 2023

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?
I'm excited to check this out but even launching the EQ launcher from Steam shows a broken/all black page on the launcher window. Anyone else seeing this or should I try re-installing?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Drunkenboxer posted:

I'm excited to check this out but even launching the EQ launcher from Steam shows a broken/all black page on the launcher window. Anyone else seeing this or should I try re-installing?

No that's just the login servers choking to death.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Drunkenboxer posted:

Launcher commonly implodes under pressure/maintenance.

You can bypass the launcher by creating a special shortcut. Point the shortcut to eqgame.exe and add "patchme" to the target without quotes.

Bypassing the launcher restores the original login screen. Useful for when launcher is broken.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Servers are visible but locked. Lets hope it's not the shitshow Aradune's launch was.

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?

Arae posted:

Launcher commonly implodes under pressure/maintenance.

You can bypass the launcher by creating a special shortcut. Point the shortcut to eqgame.exe and add "patchme" to the target without quotes.

Bypassing the launcher restores the original login screen. Useful for when launcher is broken.

Awesome, thank you!

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Kalas posted:

Servers are visible but locked. Lets hope it's not the shitshow Aradune's launch was.

First time, eh?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Xeras posted:

First time, eh?

I was in the EQ beta.

Server's up! Average wait time 1m, I will only assume this is short for '1 million years'.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’m in! Halfling Druid loaded up and waiting for the UI to import. :hellyeah:

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?

BGrifter posted:

I’m in! Halfling Druid loaded up and waiting for the UI to import. :hellyeah:

In the queue with a 38m wait time! Less then I expected but I assume it is due to working hours

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Drunkenboxer posted:

In the queue with a 38m wait time! Less then I expected but I assume it is due to working hours

I got to level 2, bought a couple spells, got a Fire Beetle Eye for Flame Lick and now I’ve gotta log out for a doctors appointment. :sigh:

Hopefully I can log in again when I get home.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just stay logged in?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
52 minutes into the 1 minute queue here...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

RCarr posted:

Just stay logged in?

I read there’s a 30 minute inactivity auto-boot on new TLPs so I just logged out.

Welp. Such is life. I’ll try again when I get home in an hour and a half. Had an absolute blast for the first 30 minutes I got to enjoy. :3:

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
map a hotkey to your mouse side button and put a rubber band around it hth

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?
Lol, connection to server timed out. So much for that queue!

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
After 90 minutes sitting in the server login queue I get dumped out. Now that's the EQ experience I came for!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Just getting up and around(night shifter), and the servers are down.

Figured I would have some issues. I still can't decide on what to play anyway :D

Probably just gonna go with a Mage and a druid.

Edit: To be in the queue for the sever do I click the OK button the message and just at the login server page or do I leave the window with the OK button up?

edit 2: I am dumb and half asleep. Figured it out!

Malaria fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 26, 2021

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?

Malaria posted:

Just getting up and around(night shifter), and the servers are down.

Figured I would have some issues. I still can't decide on what to play anyway :D

Probably just gonna go with a Mage and a druid.

Edit: To be in the queue for the sever do I click the OK button the message and just at the login server page or do I leave the window with the OK button up?

edit 2: I am dumb and half asleep. Figured it out!

I was thinking a Mage and a Bard, lacking in healing but I have done a Paladin and Enchanter in the past and not super interested in healing. Might do a SHM instead of Bard though.

Also, for the queue in the server message do you click the okay button? I couldn't find an answer googling around and so just left it open as it didn't appear to hurt.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Drunkenboxer posted:

I was thinking a Mage and a Bard, lacking in healing but I have done a Paladin and Enchanter in the past and not super interested in healing. Might do a SHM instead of Bard though.

Also, for the queue in the server message do you click the okay button? I couldn't find an answer googling around and so just left it open as it didn't appear to hurt.

If you click OK, then click again it says you are still in the queue. So I guess you only have to click it once then sit at the server selection screen.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Home with a bag of McDonalds and a 38 minute login queue. I can handle that.

Time to get stoned and eat my lunch!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Got in after about 45 minutes of waiting.

Still don't know what to play. Rolled a bard, druid and mage just to get the names I wanted saved 😁

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?
Welp guess I should have ran the launcher yesterday because I am out of date, to bad the launcher doesn't even load today. Any way to get the latest version without the launcher?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’m very glad I gave up on the idea of boxing on day one. Maybe I’ll revisit that option in a month when Kunark rolls out.

So excited to whack some bats ‘n rats!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I tried dual boxing with my tablet and it's a huge pain in the rear end right now. Might give it a shot later when there less stress on the login servers.

I am wandering around on Thornblade as a Human Wizard named Bolt. If you want to kill some stuff hit me up :D

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?
I can't even log in, the launcher partially loads with dead links and if I try to log in by skipping the launcher I get a cannot connect error. Pretty brutal, definitely killed my excitement for this.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
What I'm finding is that disconnections for your boxes seem to be much more frequent than they used to be. Otherwise I'm all logged in and was able to get all of my 6 boxes setup and running around West Freeport killin rats and snakes! I have been working on my HotKeyNet macros and my boxes keep getting the shaft, so will be playing with that for a while.

Lots of people talking poo poo about boxers and being otherwise terrible in general chat so as usual, general chat is to be avoided.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Drunkenboxer posted:

I can't even log in, the launcher partially loads with dead links and if I try to log in by skipping the launcher I get a cannot connect error. Pretty brutal, definitely killed my excitement for this.

I had this happen a few times, It fixed its self by just closing and reopening it a few times.

Hopefully that works for you too.

edit: Anyone know how much regen those clarity pots in the daybreak store give? They are 90 cents. I kinda feel like they would be worth the money for soloing as a Wizard :D

Malaria fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 27, 2021

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!
I really want to go full box army and get a six monitor/pc set up. My biggest issue with playing is I just don't really have time to wait on groups, be available for raids etc. But I'd love to do xp and stuff as my own group. And maybe join a guild and raid one day a week or just join a super casual guild.

But I won't start until the new server stuff is sorted out. And of course I'd need to acquire five more computers haha.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Malaria posted:

I had this happen a few times, It fixed its self by just closing and reopening it a few times.

Hopefully that works for you too.

edit: Anyone know how much regen those clarity pots in the daybreak store give? They are 90 cents. I kinda feel like they would be worth the money for soloing as a Wizard :D

The store regen potions scale by level in increments of 5, I'd guess the level 5/10 ones give 1/2 regen respectively. They're pretty poo poo but it beats nothing.

The store run speed potions are good though since they're full strength from level 1

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Solarin posted:

The store regen potions scale by level in increments of 5, I'd guess the level 5/10 ones give 1/2 regen respectively. They're pretty poo poo but it beats nothing.

The store run speed potions are good though since they're full strength from level 1

I bought one. It kinda helped I guess. I grouped in blackburrow most of the night. Was just like the old days! Made it to level 8, then turned In 40ish gnoll fangs so I'm pretty close to 9 now.

I am really enjoying the TLP so far. Haven't been bothered by box squads at all. I've seen a few though.
The login issues seem to be fixed.
Anyone else on Thornblade or did you all go Mischief?

Malaria fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 27, 2021

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Malaria posted:

Anyone else on Thornblade or did you all go Mischief?

I went Mischief as a mage. The mage pet is such a beast.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

on Thornblade atm, hit level 5 last night (gently caress commonlands i think im gonna go gfay soon), playing mage as 1st char cuz they are busted starting out and will probably decide what class to actually play later on

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Any talk about interesting drops or people reaching high levels absurdly fast? I saw that ZaideGod streamer was like early 40s already as of a few hours ago.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Indecisive posted:

on Thornblade atm, hit level 5 last night (gently caress commonlands i think im gonna go gfay soon), playing mage as 1st char cuz they are busted starting out and will probably decide what class to actually play later on

I’d recommend going to nro before gfay

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Had a good start on Mischief yesterday, soloed my Druid up to level 9 in Misty. Gonna hit 10 for SoW today for sure. :3:

Also snagged a Pristine Giant Scarab Carapace so a road trip to Butcherblock is in my near future!

This has already been an awesome nostalgia trip and I’m barely getting started! Should make it to the Karanas within the next day or two and I plan to live there for quite some time.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Do we have any info yet on of the Random loot is working? Does it appear that a Rare's loot table is randomized every time it has spawned? Does it still have a chance to drop its normal loot table as well? Or does it seem like mobs just had loot tables swapped? Not going to play until next month which is fine, because Kunark will be out and I can roll an iksar, I was just curious if we have any hard info yet on the loot rules.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The idea of randomized loot drops with FV drop rules has gotten me checking this thread regularly. Is there a good site tracking any of the drops or finds so far or are people being cagey with informatiom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

The idea of randomized loot drops with FV drop rules has gotten me checking this thread regularly. Is there a good site tracking any of the drops or finds so far or are people being cagey with informatiom?

This was in the official Everquest discord this morning:

Have also heard that some out of era stuff has dropped but don’t know the details.