Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't he grab someone 's phone and toss it?

I recall he once had a 'no touching' rule and someone touched him during a photo op so he made the guy take out his phone and paypal him $50 for his inconvenience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

graph posted:

does the ppv start at 7 for the buy-in or is the buy-in youtube only and the ppv starts at 8

Buy in is 7:30 I think, it would be free on Bleacher Report, Fite, and Youtube (I think all those places), then the PPV proper at 8:00.

Which means the pizza and drinks start at 7:29

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

boar guy posted:

dang, $30 for an autograph and a photo

i still remember my dad storming us out of a baseball card show where some has-been was charging $5 because he was so pissed about it

Need to make enough on autographs and photos to offset the cost of catching the rona since there’s still a loving pandemic going on, what’s wrong with these people, etc.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

before we were married my wife ran in to david carradine at a con and she had a giant subway poster of The Bride for him to sign, he was charging $20. she told him it was for her fiancee and he said 'then gently caress the twenty' and he wrote out a real cool personalized autograph and drew a yin yang
also i remember going to florida and getting autographs at Tigers Spring Training games, i still have a baseball from '85 spring training that most of the guys left from the '84 team signed
also i thought part of why autograph prices are so high is because they are sold on eBay but that you can't really sell a picture of yourself with say orange cassidy for much money

in summation autographs are a world of contrasts

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is the worst Wednesday I've ever been in

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Pylons posted:

We have caught, and compromised, to a permanent end, the Snoop Remix.

holy moly it was the big homie

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I had friends over tonight who just started watching AEW a few weeks ago and didn’t know what a stadium stampede is, so we watched the first one. They liked it a whole lot and are excited for stadium stampede on sunday :)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

boar guy posted:

from what i understand, celebrities are usually more cool about it if they're personalizing it rather than just signing their name, because anyone who wants something like that is just trying to make a buck on them

also the MJF stories are amazing, the guy is a born carnie and he's going to be a legend

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

graph posted:

does the ppv start at 7 for the buy-in or is the buy-in youtube only and the ppv starts at 8

Buy in 7

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

from what i understand, celebrities are usually more cool about it if they're personalizing it rather than just signing their name, because anyone who wants something like that is just trying to make a buck on them

There's a lovely story about I wanna say Adam West related to this. A dude had a group photo of the cast of the 60s Batman and had it signed by everyone but West he had done as a present for his dad. He goes to a signing to get it, West asks who it's for, he asks not to customize it cause it's a gift and none of the other actors did so. West writes "TO EBAY" and signs it, ruining the entire gift

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

boar guy posted:

before we were married my wife ran in to david carradine at a con and she had a giant subway poster of The Bride for him to sign, he was charging $20. she told him it was for her fiancee and he said 'then gently caress the twenty' and he wrote out a real cool personalized autograph and drew a yin yang
also i remember going to florida and getting autographs at Tigers Spring Training games, i still have a baseball from '85 spring training that most of the guys left from the '84 team signed
also i thought part of why autograph prices are so high is because they are sold on eBay but that you can't really sell a picture of yourself with say orange cassidy for much money

Ooh I have a nice story too

So back in 2015, my GF (who I'd planned to marry) surprised me by taking me on a road trip to see Andrew Jackson Jihad, the Smith Street Band, Jeff Rosenstock (the real headliner for me, and the hero of this tale). We had an awesome time, posed for a photo with Jeff and he was very friendly and polite, and she'd even flagged Jeff down knowing my social anxiety might stop me. About 2 weeks later, she passed away in a snowboarding accident. Several years later, I was able to get a poster from the tour, and emailed Side1Dummy, the label Jeff was on, to see if they could get him to sign it.

They agreed and did one better, sending me a new copy of the poster with Jeff's signature and sent me a bunch of free stuff. I was also able to give the other copy to her sister which she appreciated.

Jeff is beyond cool (and Chuck Taylor approved!).

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i want everyone to have an MJF story decades from now like lawful evil Bill Murray

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

That's a sweet story, and I'm so sorry for your loss, surprise road trip to see AJJ sounds like a real keeper man :(

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gavok posted:

Pigs in a blanket, meatballs, Texas caviar, baked brie, rolls from a really great local bakery and a cake with a surprise design.

that’s a fine selection of ppv food. never heard the term “texas caviar” before but it’s cool. Really dig its vibe

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

that’s a fine selection of ppv food. never heard the term “texas caviar” before but it’s cool. Really dig its vibe

made some for my buddy and i for the galaxy game last weekend:

it don't photograph great, though. i like it with the little bowl-shaped tortilla chips

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

boar guy posted:

made some for my buddy and i for the galaxy game last weekend:

it don't photograph great, though. i like it with the little bowl-shaped tortilla chips

those bowl chips are where it’s at, we call them “the sacred cups” in my neighborhood

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thank you, thread, for getting me to start thinking about PPV food ahead of time instead of like 3 hours before the show like I normally do. Time to put together a menu!

I might just steal most of ^ those ideas because I haven't had Texas Caviar in a while and I can just make pigs in a blanket with tofu pups.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oh hahah i just rememberd i have a bad autograph story too

at comic con, billy west tried to charge me $400 for his autograph on an "exclusive one of a kind" promotional poster he was selling which i then walked over to the ebay terminal and found an identical copy of for $20

in summation gently caress billy west, john dimaggio forever

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Thank you, thread, for getting me to start thinking about PPV food ahead of time instead of like 3 hours before the show like I normally do. Time to put together a menu!

queso fundido and some sacred cups breh

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

So back in 2015, my GF (who I'd planned to marry) surprised me by taking me on a road trip to see Andrew Jackson Jihad, the Smith Street Band, Jeff Rosenstock (the real headliner for me, and the hero of this tale). We had an awesome time, posed for a photo with Jeff and he was very friendly and polite, and she'd even flagged Jeff down knowing my social anxiety might stop me. About 2 weeks later, she passed away in a snowboarding accident. Several years later, I was able to get a poster from the tour, and emailed Side1Dummy, the label Jeff was on, to see if they could get him to sign it.

They agreed and did one better, sending me a new copy of the poster with Jeff's signature and sent me a bunch of free stuff. I was also able to give the other copy to her sister which she appreciated.

Jeff is beyond cool (and Chuck Taylor approved!).

Joe Sib that runs SideOneDummy is supposedly one of the nicest people on this planet and them being that cool doesn’t surprise me one bit.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Stroker Ace posted:

Joe Sib that runs SideOneDummy is supposedly one of the nicest people on this planet and them being that cool doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Can confirm that Joe Sib is an incredibly nice man.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sanshiro Takagi did another interview today to promote CyberFight's huge show coming up and here are the AEW things that got mentioned:

Despite the challenges surrounding travel, DDT and TJPW stars have appeared on AEW programming recently, with Maki Itoh and Konosuke Takeshita both going on excursion to the US. How would you describe the working relationship with AEW?

quote:

I think the relationship is great, at least from our end. It’s actually not that hard to travel to the US from our end, but then again there is the issue of losing two weeks in quarantine when talent return to Japan. But since they put our talent on their shows, we’d like to return the favor too when the situation allows. We’d like to get Kenny Omega back in DDT after COVID subsides too.

There are a lot of DDT family/alums in AEW such at Ethan Page, Ricky Starks, Sammy Guevara, Colt Cabana, Thunder Rosa, Royce Isaacs, and I want to see all of them succeed.

Other than the talent we’ve already had in DDT, I’d love to book Orange Cassidy. I’d also like to bring Joey Janela to Japan too, not just to return the favour of him being a great host for Yoshihiko’s US tour; I’ve always had in interest in booking him. We also have a relationship with Hikaru Shida; I was actually one of the judges in the audition for the movie that
ended up kicking off her pro-wrestling career. She’s doing great right now, and I’d love to see her make a triumphant return to Japan in DDT one day.

Were you surprised by how positively Maki Itoh was received by the AEW fanbase? She was an instant hit!

quote:

I actually wasn’t that surprised; I knew she had it in her to become an instant hit. I was watching YouTube in real time, but I wasn’t surprised when I saw the chat window get totally taken over by Maki Itoh mentions. For many of the AEW fans though, she may have seemed like she suddenly came out of nowhere, from completely off their radars.

Can we expect to see more talent head to the states for excursion and in return, AEW talent heading to Japan?

quote:

Our general policy is to let talent go on excursion to AEW, so long as AEW and the talent themselves want it. With Takeshita, unlike with Itoh, he took the initiative and made the move to go; we just provided support. Personally, I think Mizuki and Hikari Noa would be interesting picks for AEW. Mizuki will send shockwaves across the globe if she delivers the Whirling Candy on AEW TV. Hikari would leave a huge impact if she teams with, or fights against, Jon Moxley.

Here's the link to the full interview:

https://itrwrestling.com/interviews/interview-with-sanshiro-takagi-2/

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I bought a copy of a Ted Leo show poster at a festival and brought it over to him to sign. He told me he had never seen that poster before and asked where I had gotten it. I told him which screen printer booth I got it from and added, but I’m pretty sure that was his last copy. He signed it “Glad YOU got the last one. - Ted”

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Noa v Moxley is the match I never knew I wanted.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Noa v Moxley is the match I never knew I wanted.

:sickos:

I want it so much now.

Hell, Hikari Noa should become Jon Moxley's next protege after Shooter.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Broke: Hikari Noa joins Death Riders
Woke: Jon Moxley joins Up Up Girls

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Moxley and Hikari Noa fill in the mystery spots on Onita’s FMW reboot

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Broke: Hikari Noa joins Death Riders
Woke: Jon Moxley joins Up Up Girls

I got some potentially stressful news today, and while everything will be fine no matter what this image makes me so happy. Thanks! :allears:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

boar guy posted:

oh hahah i just rememberd i have a bad autograph story too

at comic con, billy west tried to charge me $400 for his autograph on an "exclusive one of a kind" promotional poster he was selling which i then walked over to the ebay terminal and found an identical copy of for $20

in summation gently caress billy west, john dimaggio forever

Lol I met Billy West at a con. Paid £15 for an autograph and he talked to me for literally half an hour, really annoying everyone behind me. He also did the Doug voice and took a few pics. Billy West is a gentleman

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I bought a copy of a Ted Leo show poster at a festival and brought it over to him to sign. He told me he had never seen that poster before and asked where I had gotten it. I told him which screen printer booth I got it from and added, but I’m pretty sure that was his last copy. He signed it “Glad YOU got the last one. - Ted”

Ted Leo rules

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i met a man named billy out west

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It’s only Wednesday my dudes :(

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Ted Leo does in fact rule.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Dacap posted:

turn that frown upside down! use these two hours to do something real tasty! i am going to the japanese mart to procure noodles

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dacap posted:

But then we get Friday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday AEW.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

But then we get Friday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday AEW.

next week is aleo getting preempted to friday

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

We could all agree to just watch Elevation on Wednesday if we need to :justpost: with a break in the middle

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Gavok posted:

Alf, the Muppet Babies, Bugs Bunny, Slimer, Garfield, Michelangelo, etc. show up on Dynamite to help get Hangman to stop drinking.

You say etc but you basically only left out, what, Alvin and the Chipmunks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i think there might have been some smurfs in there