Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Yeah people tend to use that image while disregarding the artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

MockingQuantum posted:

How are the Dread X collections? I've heard generally good things about the first one, are they all worthwhile?

I can wholeheartedly endorse all 4 Dread X Collections.

Untrustable fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 26, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Hygiene posted:

I derive great pleasure from knowing he's the most unstoppable Terminator-esque protagonist while looking like a complete milquetoast video games youtuber

To be fair the original concept for the Terminator was that he’d look like a totally ordinary dude (and be played by Lance Henriksen), so he could blend into crowds and it would be easier for him to reach his target.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Xenomrph posted:

To be fair the original concept for the Terminator was that he’d look like a totally ordinary dude (and be played by Lance Henriksen), so he could blend into crowds and it would be easier for him to reach his target.

That would’ve been cool tbh

Lance still got to be a james Cameron robot at least :eng99:

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Morpheus posted:

The best description I've ever heard for Ethan Winters is 'what if you gave Griffin McElroy a loaded gun.'
https://twitter.com/Floatin_Head/status/1391250424301117442

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
the concept art of slightly-older-and-more-grizzled ethan you can unlock in resi 8 is pretty decent

oh hey, the demonleon3d guy who made that ethan pic also made one of chris redfield!

https://www.deviantart.com/demonleon3d/art/Chris-Resident-Evil-Village-880134975

drkeiscool fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 27, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The two watches. :popclap:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dwethan (Dwight, Jim, Ethan) is the scariest evil

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1398070224906166275?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/horrorvisuals/status/1398308616805945348?s=20

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
more like mundane

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Oh hey Little Nightmares is on Steam for free right now, if you're like me and rarely open Steam anymore and didn't happen to catch it yet: https://store.steampowered.com/app/424840/Little_Nightmares

Been sitting on my wishlist for a couple years at least now.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
So according to Amnesia:Rebirth, going crazy sounds like eggs frying?!?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Makes sense.

Having a stroke smells like toast therefore it's only logical that mental illness sounds like an adjacent breakfast food (i.e. fried eggs)

From this we can extrapolate that a brain tumor tastes like bacon.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Man I'm hungry enough right now, I could go for the whole insanity/stroke/tumor special

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So...Visage. This is it? I finished the first chapter and it's not terrible but it's not good either. The idea that this is the game that picked up the torch after PT flamed out is just sort of lol.

It mostly reminds me of a much prettier version of those low budget jump scare games, mixed with rehashing the already imperfect formula of Layers of Fear more than anything noteworthy so far. It really likes to drive home that it's "phycological horror" but as far as I can tell it's 100% a "boo!" game. And also a bunch of people have called the puzzles "hard" online but I am yet to see anything resembling a puzzle. Items you can pick up blend right into the environment in a way that you'll end up walking past it 10 times before ever seeing it, and sometimes it isn't clear where to go next without meandering around for a while, but is that a puzzle? That just seems like clunky game design. Is there actual puzzles later?

Also it bugs me how badly designed the house is. It's all fine and dandy when the game is being intentionally disorienting, but just the normal rear end version of the house feels like it was designed by someone who has never actually been in a house before. Why do these people own 10 copies of the same couch lol.

It's not all bad. I like it enough that I'll finish it I think. It can be pretty drat scary at times, looks pretty good too. Although I think even 1/3rd in, it's already shown its rear end too much and it's starting to feel progressively less spooky as the game starts to run out of tricks.

Hopefully it proves me wrong by the end, but so far I feel like this game does not deserve the level of hype it's gotten. it's not PT, it's not frictional, poo poo it's not even bloober at this point.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

4v1 asymmetric Evil Dead

https://youtu.be/NfZKk7H0CUw

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

And not on PC, goddammit, game looks cool too.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Yardbomb posted:

And not on PC, goddammit, game looks cool too.

The trailer I saw definitely said PC

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah that trailer only says Playstation because it's on the sony channel and sony doesn't want you to know games come out on other platforms

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh woops, that's cool as hell then, cause yeah I just saw the "PS4, PS5" :shobon:

Zushio
May 8, 2008
It looks pretty good, but I'm not buying it unless they add Ruby and Pablo as PCs.

OK, just Ruby.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Zushio posted:

It looks pretty good, but I'm not buying it unless they add Ruby and Pablo as PCs.

OK, just Ruby.

You can see Pablo at 47 seconds in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blockhouse posted:

Hello

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

You are correct, I somehow glazed over that watching the shovel kill.

So now just Ruby.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

They could definitely DLC some more characters in with new bits to them, that or just add new characters, then do clothes packs like F13 mainly did. Ash could fill a whole cosmetic closet just on his own.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
visage got a lot of hype for having some innovative visual design and being one of the very few competent PT-likes, but I found it middling overall. someone else in this thread told me the devs had no dedicated writers and it really shows, the atmosphere swirls down the toilet any time any character opens their mouth and the game itself has nothing to say with all its spookiness

frustratingly the best dialogue/voice work is connected to the EC Comics collectibles, which are easy to miss

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that's been my impression of it. Between the hype and good reviews I was just sort of surprised at how amateurish and sloppy it all feels. Much less PT or Amnesia and more like one of these VVVVV games with much better looking assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=can0bXzeey8

Is it the worst? No. it has some atmosphere and looks pretty good I'll give it that. But I don't think it's very well designed or remarkable in any way. I don't think I'd ave paid more than a few bux for it in retrospect.

I kind of feel bad for poo poo talking it though I guess it's sort of impressive for a game that was made by like 5 people but for $30 ( i paid 20 but still ) hell no. The writing and gameplay design are just non existent and it feels like all of the effort went into jump scares that mostly get ruined by showing too much.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 12, 2021

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQOqdDgvFLk

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I'm really curious how they handle the meta horror stuff on something like a switch. Its not like you're going to go into system files to delete or restore characters.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

How does Undertale handle force quitting on consoles?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Zushio posted:

OK, just Ruby.

Give me Mia from the remake. 1) remake rules 2) I wanna shove a chainsaw in a zombie's mouth

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

How does Undertale handle force quitting on consoles?

Just sends you back to the title screen

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Dienes posted:

I'm really curious how they handle the meta horror stuff on something like a switch. Its not like you're going to go into system files to delete or restore characters.

there's apparently a cpu hub

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I just replayed DDLC and I'm hype as gently caress. Hoping they swap out the stuff that wouldn't work as well on consoles for some new spooks.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Oh dear, Scott Cawthorn.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

considering before FNAF he made christian games i am not at all surprised

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yep, now a bunch of young people with like LGBTQ, enby, BLM etc. stuff in their twitter are bizarrely supporting him because of bullshit "B-but just opinions" type trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah the comments on his Reddit post were eye-rolling. He responded to this the worst way he could - he should've just shut the gently caress up.

Len posted:

considering before FNAF he made christian games i am not at all surprised

I don't think anyone would be surprised he was Republican but maxing out to all our worst politicians is another step