Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

greetings goonlings

edit, take me to your IK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

I wonder if they can read everyone's posts and understand them, but they don't "get" internet humor

Or more terrifyingly if that's what they understand the majority of our communication to be so that's how they talk at first contact

greetings humans

you are protected

we have stairs in our house

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

this is why they’ve decided to reveal themselves. we’re all becoming too online. it’s time to accept us into the galactic link so we can post together in space harmony. ignore the vektrons they’re universally poo poo posters

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Disaster strikes after their ambassador lands on the white house lawn, puts on a gold ring, and turns around to perform what they believe is the traditional Earth greeting.

Whatever else happens, it's obvious they've been practicing.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Imagine getting access to galactic internet, only to find out it is a superscale facebook timeline and nothing else.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

happy 50,000th unigank

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

pancake rabbit posted:

greetings humans

you are protected

we have stairs in our house

They would be aware of the terrible secret of space

Delta-Wye posted:

Imagine getting access to galactic internet, only to find out it is a superscale facebook timeline and nothing else.

The great attractor has added you to their list "I'm comin lol"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

may the skelgar obscure your preen-vash. you don't look an aeon over wooxa

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

may the skelgar obscure your preen-vash. you don't look an aeon over wooxa

I also didn't consider that we'd have to learn a whole new encyclopedia of internet jokes and drama from their planet too, or which alien animals look happy or smug to them

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

according to Reddit trump was briefed on extraterrestrials and was like meh this isn’t important

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

blatman posted:

has anyone brought up that this is all probably just a ruse to get people to post "hey look at this UFO" phone pics on twitter from a variety of countries to croudsource intel about aircraft in a variety of airspaces

like im 100% sure i got that idea from someone much cleverer than myself

Black Moses has a lot to answer for

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The Saucer Hovers posted:

aliens from the internet would be worse than angels from the bible
Your name is "The Saucer Hovers" and your avatar is a spaceman on a flying carpet. Nice try at throwing us off the scent buddy, but we're on to you!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

according to Reddit trump was briefed on extraterrestrials and was like meh this isn’t important

I could totally believe this lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

it’s funny cause aliens on the internet are the same ones that were angels in the bible

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://twitter.com/CerromeRussell/status/1395007039919771656

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

A MIRACLE posted:

link?

also, yeah, duh.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

If these UFOs are moving around so fast in the atmosphere, tens of thousands of miles per hour etc, then why aren't they heating up the air from friction? Or creating massive sonic booms?

Here's an example of the Nike Sprint, which went mach 10, launching and immediately heating up and creating a vapor/plasma trail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dl9Ovwmnxw&t=240s

Would seem to suggest they're not material

They are flying around in another dimension only dipping into ours momentarily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t4aKJuKP0Q

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Most abduction accounts are probably sleep paralysis. One time i had sleep paralysis and i couldn't move anything besides my head/neck. I looked down my body and i saw a being made of flechettes of reflective material tumbling through a humanoid shaped light, standing at the foot of the bed. After shrieking for awhile I got real mad and i kicked out of bed over the foot of the bed and into the light being, doing karate moves. It appeared crestfallen and disappeared

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I had exactly two “dreams” about being abducted.

basically I lived on the river growing up out in the county in Tn and had a balcony room with a sliding glass porch thing.

when I was 13 or 14 I had a dream that I woke up around 2 to a saucer floating outside my house behind the trees by the balcony. spinning with lights like the movies or whatever. three humanoids materialized onto the balcony and then opened my sliding door and materialized inside my room. then I woke up at like 5 am.

anyway I had that dream exactly twice. I had a lot of sleep paralysis as a kid in that room but not like that

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Hatebag posted:

Most abduction accounts are probably sleep paralysis. One time i had sleep paralysis and i couldn't move anything besides my head/neck. I looked down my body and i saw a being made of flechettes of reflective material tumbling through a humanoid shaped light, standing at the foot of the bed. After shrieking for awhile I got real mad and i kicked out of bed over the foot of the bed and into the light being, doing karate moves. It appeared crestfallen and disappeared

dear god i hope i never experience sleep paralysis

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m reading a bunch of threads on the humanoid sightings Reddit and apparently it’s a widely accepted thing that the Michelin man is a kind of alien that shows up all over the place

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m reading a bunch of threads on the humanoid sightings Reddit and apparently it’s a widely accepted thing that the Michelin man is a kind of alien that shows up all over the place

Michelin man is a cryptid

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

R/humanoidencounters. they’re obsessed with a picture of an ordinary black bear standing up right now but if you search Michelin man you can find some good stories

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

no

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Mar 4, 2022

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

show the reddit

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

and he took me out of my home up...up into the city to this amazing restaurant

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comme...utm_name=iossmf related to this I think

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

Log082 posted:

OP has correctly identified one of the reasons these things are loving weird. congrats.

CinemaSin #47

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

if you really want to experience sleep paralysis these are the steps to take:

set your alarm for 5 in the morning

turn it off and go to sleep on your back facing up

there is no step three

remember to take a deep deep deep breath and wiggle your legs if you need to wake up

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
does saagar enjeti play up his dork voice. i can’t tell if it’s that or he’s trying to pastiche tucker carlson

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I'm convinced I live in a simulation and I'm the main character and you all are computer programs.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

err posted:

I'm convinced I live in a simulation and I'm the main character and you all are computer programs.

its true, deep down inside im really just a mess of spaghetti code

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
God didn't program me a garbage dumper just gave me a massive stack

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

If he can't grift it, it makes no difference

though if ever there was a time for first contact... like just pick any random day during the last half a decade, fellas
We're eating each other down here

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
I had a bunch of sleep paralysis episodes from 2014-2016. The worst was thinking I was hearing my roommate being strangled in the room next to me, but being unable to move or say anything. It went quiet, then I saw a silhouette move into my room towards me. I'm full on trying to scream at this point and eventually do, waking myself up and the roommate.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

A MIRACLE posted:

if you really want to experience sleep paralysis these are the steps to take:

set your alarm for 5 in the morning

turn it off and go to sleep on your back facing up

there is no step three

remember to take a deep deep deep breath and wiggle your legs if you need to wake up

Yeah sleep paralysis is sleeping in a soft mattress on your back so your blood pools in your torso as your heart rate decreases during sleep, your arms and legs fall asleep so if you wake you won't have any sensation in your limbs for a minute or so

I wonder if there is any correlation to your unconscious dream/mental state of having your arms and legs fall asleep and if it causes you to have more lucid dreams or something

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I don't know, my heart rate goes down into the 40s when I'm sleeping and I don't sleep on a particularly hard bed, I think some people are just more likely to experience it than others

I do kind of want to experience it out of curiosity but it doesn't sound pleasant at all

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

I don't know, my heart rate goes down into the 40s when I'm sleeping and I don't sleep on a particularly hard bed, I think some people are just more likely to experience it than others

I do kind of want to experience it out of curiosity but it doesn't sound pleasant at all

When i had it my throat was also paralyzed or something because i was trying to scream but all that came out was a tortured high pitched noise and i experienced maybe a minute of primal monkey terror. Interesting experience tho

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Inspector Hound posted:

I get sleep paralysis fairly regularly (maybe twice a month) and eventually you just sort of get used to it, like "oh I guess hands are gonna come out of the ceiling and hold me down while the room fills with eyes again tonight, that's not great" but with some practice you can snap out of it, the trick is to get really really angry

if you're in bed with someone you might also consider tapping SOS on them if you can get your fingers to move, i've had that work before too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
My only night terrors have been swarms of insects smothering me so bad I leapt out of bed in my sleep so I'm pretty bummed I haven't met the machine elves or whoever while locked in