Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

he's not. he's transcended. I know because he was the first one i did when I didn't really know transcending potential worked and it was a big waste of time and resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Woah Titan record selector from the event challenges, and I needed 1 to T3 Vision!

Really not thrilled with my Awaken selector choices. I guess Medusa? I already have Moon Knight.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Medusa's really good, I think I gave mine an energy and she's one rounding world bosses for me in the 20s-30s. Even if you don't use her for herself she's a pretty good lead for universal chars.

I picked Elsa this morning, decided on her over the Reds. I also committed to using my CCF to rank up Knull for the next while. Now to decide who to transcend next. I was planning on Thing to support Human Torch, who's suddenly my #2 best character after Moonstone. But Gambit is supposed to be really good too, both on his own and supporting Rogue. And I guess Green Goblin is an option to lead for Moonstone also. I've got a few more chars that should be able to kill Knull, I just need to advance enough leads and supports to go around. Then I can start working on Mephisto.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Scarlet Witch uni from Wandavision :toot:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

It is an absolute crime that they’re not sitcom versions

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought they might double up. Like we were definitely getting the finished costumed version but then a second set of sitcom ones with that synergy thing. Seemed like an easy way to milk more money and have people happy about it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like next month is a Black Order update. Corvus confirmed. Maybe they'll finally add Supernova UWB, and boost Thanos since he is falling behind a bit.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I got baby spidey from the Premium card chest and I’m really happy with where I’ve gotten with cards (yeah baby spidey needs to be a higher level, rerolling after I finish crafting crescent).

So the 6 year anniversary card is hot garbage right? Like I shouldn’t feel bad about using it to craft? I hate using things I can never get again.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

The Dave posted:

I got baby spidey from the Premium card chest and I’m really happy with where I’ve gotten with cards (yeah baby spidey needs to be a higher level, rerolling after I finish crafting crescent).

So the 6 year anniversary card is hot garbage right? Like I shouldn’t feel bad about using it to craft? I hate using things I can never get again.

I just used my unique cards (Atlas ones, etc.) in combines last night to upgrade a premium card, and normally I'm the same way about collecting unique things. Screw 'em.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I went back and looked at my cards and yea, they're still the best ones I've gotten.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I pulled a SW/QS p card. Still trying to save up enough cubes to finish crafting my White Fox and hopefully get a third blue star. See if I can finally solo Galactus with some pierce.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

if not for this thread i would not be aware that pierce was a mechanic in this game

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just had an alliance battle that ended perfectly with Vision disappearing from Wanda's 6 and leaving her alone.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Livestream is on, and poo poo I want all those dark obsidian armor uniforms. I guess I'm working on the black order next.

edit: they need a better Thanos model on the awakening skill.

edit edit: No surprises. Black Dwarf, Cull Obsidian, Supergiant all get uniforms and awakening skills. Proxima uniform and T3. Supergiant UWB. Ebony Maw gets his uniform mid-month. Nothing mentioned for Thanos, no Black Swan, etc.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 25, 2021

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been trying to save up BAM because the only BO I have at 60 are Maw and Corvus. Proxima is at 3* and Dwarf is at 2. This will cost me.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

At least with the cost it'll make it easier for me to hold off and wait to see which ones are actually good. I might get Proxima t3 because female universal villain is pretty rare, but at the same time past stage 9 she's not usable against Knull til stage 25 and she's not usable til stage 40 against Mephisto.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is the new SWitch uni worth buying and leveling up? I'm still trying to beat Knull for the first time, so resources are probably better used elsewhere, but the new hat is available now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Diddler posted:

Is the new SWitch uni worth buying and leveling up? I'm still trying to beat Knull for the first time, so resources are probably better used elsewhere, but the new hat is available now.

Her new uniform looks amazing, with great ability fx. I haven't made any headway with her against Knull yet, but I haven't tried too hard either and don't have Vision T3 to go with her yet.

I just got my 4th Knull-killing team down last night. One more to go, then after I get him to 70 I'll start trying Mephisto. For what it's worth my teams are:

Dr Strange or Star Lord lead, Moonstone with CTP energy, anyone. I used Cyclops lead + Mystique support for my first kill, Dr S lead + Valkyrie support for my second. Then once I had the fight down pat I saw Moonstone kicks Knull's rear end regardless of who she is with, so I throw Spider-Man on her team for the hell of it.

Mr Fantastic lead, Human Torch with his new costume and custom gear with damage proc and +fire damage, Thing support. I awakened Thing just for this and because I like the FF, he replaced Valkyrie in this team yesterday.

Cyclops lead, Cable with younger costume and CTP energy, Mystique support. This one is tricky and sometimes takes me a half dozen attempts. I think its when I whiff his energy proc because his T3 skill sometimes does 4-5 bars and sometimes it does less than one.

Then last night I got a kill with 6 seconds to spare using Elsa Bloodstone (thanks anniversary awakened selector) lead, Rogue with CTP judgment and new costume, and Valkyrie support. I was torn on Gambit vs Thing to awaken this week. Gambit's better solo and with Rogue and was probably the better choice, but I went with Thing anyway. Rogue does almost Moonstone level damage, about tied with Torch, but she seems to get interrupted or guard broken more. I have to learn the timing on her rotation a bit better.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I don't know about anyone else but I think Mephisto is easier than Knull. Making sure not to rush when he turns into a snake and taking my time running circles around him to get the circles seems like the toughest part. Also not rushing when he does the 3 purple crosses. Other than that, he aways goes down faster.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This game still good for newbies to get into? I miss Seven Knights something awful and realized Netmarble makes this too

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
It is but make sure to check out the beginners recommendations for the first 28 days.
https://m.imgur.com/a/YiBwcZb

Also, joining an alliance will give you a boost. Doctor Goons has space and I think there are a couple of others that are active as well.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

in addition handing out a bunch of goodies to new players, they've massively increased the rate at which you can acquire and boost characters. guides are definitely helpful, but you dont have to follow them to a t unless you're beelining high level content. most popular characters are good with the right uniforms now so i tend to go 50/50 with pursuing characters I like vs. ones at the top of the meta

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Card crafting just got upgraded to produce 3-5 star cards with a rare chance of 6 stars, and it's absolutely wild. I just turned my stock of feathers into about 12 six star cards.

Feathers are actually desirable rewards now? These are strange times.

Edit: And now we're in emergency maintenance because apparently combining story fragments was giving 100% premium rewards, so people with hoards were racking up dozens of p-cards and CTPs.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 26, 2021

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah I managed to get a CTP of Rage from the story fragments before they took the servers down. I still haven't looked at the new unis or anything.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Haha, not that I was sitting on any story fragments because I find story mode to be a huge pain in the rear end.

I’m too impatient to really learn Mephisto after putting so much time into Knull so I’ve just been steamrolling him with Moonstone and Beta Ray Bill for bios and then going back to Knull kills.

Also tricked myself into pursuing 6 star Knull. Crafting the ccp was like a gateway drug and next thing I knew I was out but had him at 5 stars.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Congrats to everyone who was awake for the crafting bonanza.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I imagine they are trying to figure out the right way to roll everything back, there's no way it's taking this long to just fix the bug from causing future issues.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

drat, I still had three world boss entries to go before reset.

The Dave posted:

I’m too impatient to really learn Mephisto after putting so much time into Knull so I’ve just been steamrolling him with Moonstone and Beta Ray Bill for bios and then going back to Knull kills.

Do you have a CTP on Bill? I think I have a lightning + damage proc on mine. He one shots some black order into the 20s but does only a bar of hp to Knull each round of atfacks. Same with Medusa, I need to see if I'm missing anything with them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bagrada posted:

drat, I still had three world boss entries to go before reset.
Do you have a CTP on Bill? I think I have a lightning + damage proc on mine. He one shots some black order into the 20s but does only a bar of hp to Knull each round of atfacks. Same with Medusa, I need to see if I'm missing anything with them.

I'm pretty sure I just have a double lightning damage proc on him, and then I team him with Odin and Valkyrie. I would check but... you know...

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

The Dave posted:

I imagine they are trying to figure out the right way to roll everything back, there's no way it's taking this long to just fix the bug from causing future issues.

Yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't really stopped to think about how much complexity could be involved in trying to fix however many thousands of accounts magically winding up with a treasure trove of potentially game-breaking goodies. It's part coding, part game strategy crafting, and part PR. It'll be interesting to see how this resolves.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It could also be part of finding out what their legal options are.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Here's the latest update on the forums confirming that they're working on removing all the bugged loot from the hour that the server was live.

Netmarble posted:

Due to this, some Agents have been able to acquire large amounts of high-value items such as C.T.P.s, Premium Comic Cards, Odin’s Blessings, and more by combining Fragments, so we have decided to undergo an emergency maintenance as of 5/26 7:07 a.m. (UTC+0) / 5/26 12:07 a.m. (PDT).

During the emergency maintenance, we have been undergoing normalization operations as well as carefully discussing response measures multiple times as mentioned before. As a result, we have decided to take measures to <withdraw> the error target items.
* We ask for your consideration as this decision was made over server rollback to reduce the damage to the least for Agents that have properly played the game after the Update.

We are currently investigating all Agents that have used the Combine Story Fragment Chest before the emergency maintenance and are discussing further measures to take care of this issue.

As a token of apology for not being able to provide a stable game service, and for the prolonged maintenance time, we are preparing to distribute rewards later on.

On the bright side, some people were assuming that the card crafting was bugged too and they confirmed in that post that it's legit.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

We're back and holy poo poo they really want us to have cards! Now GBR will be the big grind.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Which BO costumes are the must have?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

So is there a decent list of how to beat Knull? I've gotten like half done a couple of times and he just kills the whole team at once. I assume I also need at least 1 more premium card, but can't figure out how to get those either.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You should be able to read about his patterns either on reddit or watch a youtube on it. He has a handful of moments that are insta-kills if you get hit so you need to know when to stop attacking and play defense or run to a safety zone. This includes the end where after Thor appears you have a limited set time to finish him or he raises his sword and it's another instakill.

It's helpful to have characters that can do large bursts of damage so when the window is open you can pound him.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

For premium cards, if you are free to play, every month you get half of one from the Future Pass in the form of 300 P tokens at the very end. 600 of those gets you a single random premium card in the store. You can maybe also get them from card crafting now, and low chance from puzzle pieces?

Some youtuber (CynicAlex?) mentioned Knull 2 is the easiest to farm due to an easier to deal with ability, so after beating him the first time with Moonstone I've done all my kills with other chars on that difficulty.

My first kill was easier than I thought but I did have Moonstone with urus and a CTP energy with 180%. I just slam 4 5 6 3 and his health evaporates 6-10 bars at a time. Wait on cooldowns then 4 5 3 and he loses 2-4 health bars. Rinse repeat. Use any decently equipped and supported meta chars you know how to play and as long as he loses several bars of health to your best attack chain you can take him down and just need practice to learn the patterns.

Here's my dumb unobservant descriptions of what to expect and how I handle it. Spoilering in case someone doesn't want to see my ramblings or wants to go in blind. Sorry for the spam.

Stage 1 burst in on him in the bathroom and whale on him freely but he has some annoying knockbacks and will wrap you in poo which you can avoid by timing your attacks well with some characters. If you take too long to get him down to 30-31 bars (3 minutes?) he'll wipe out your whole team, and if you step in poo 5x (shows up as red symbols on screen, and tendrils wrapping you up and stunning you) you lose that character. If you are doing good enough damage to kill him you should only get 2-3 red marks max. I've gotten to 4 before, and often I will lose red marks with no idea why and end with 0-1.

Stage 2 at 31ish health bars he decides you are serious and stands up off the potty without wiping. He'll jump at you at first which can interrupt some characters so I tend to dodge that then hit him. He has some sword combos but you can get 1-2 rounds of attacks in on him. Don't get too greedy because eventually he does a charge up move then slams his sword on the ground which sends out multiple tracking purple circles that will shred you. Hopefully you parked him in a decent spot where you can run rings around him. Once he stops sending the circles out at you, you can start whaling on him again. Get him down from 30 to 22 and he'll go into a cutscene I've never been able to skip over regardless of my damage bursts.

He'll emo himself in that short movie.

He then charges up and the whole screen fills with purple and there will be a safe hole on the right side towards the bottom. If you don't see it right away swap to someone you don't mind losing because you'll get covered in poo and insta-killed. Sometimes he will be standing in the safe circle and will shove you out. Dick. Once that's done he goes back to his sword combos and your goal now is the low teens. If you're good or Moonstone you can just blow him up here, otherwise after 2-3 rounds of attacks watch out for him to charge up and send out more purple circles. Getting greedy here can get you killed. After that you have a very short time before he starts charging up his roomwide explosion again with the same safe spot in the bottom right. I think the start of that is small purple rings converging on him which can also damage you, but I don't get this attack too often unless I'm messing up my rotations a lot.

Once you get him to somewhere between 10 and 13 he'll move to the top of the screen and go untargetable. Get above him to make this easy. He'll hop on his dragon and target a huge purple rectangle and spew out poo breath in that direction, if you're above him it will be off screen. Run down as soon as the purple box appears because its instant death to cross or if it hits you. He'll then try again, shifting his aim towards you. If you swap chars he'll instantly stop moving the aim, useful if you are running out of room or get caught in a corner. You can also swap to someone and run into the poo, sacrificing them to get your main damage char to safety. After he's done on his dragon, he'll leap off at you with a purple circle you can dodge out of. It doesn't do too much damage though and be careful not to run into the dragon poo, which lingers for a bit.

You now have a little bit of time to beat him up, goal of getting him to 7-8 bars. If you take too long here he'll do his room full of purple attack again, this time the safe circle will be in the top left/northwest quadrant.

Once you get him down to 7-8 bars he again stabs himself with his sword in a cutscene.

If you have time left here you're golden at this point. He'll teleport to the top and start charging up. Attacking him or getting too close will damage you and bounce you off him so be careful and just watch and position yourself. After a bit, the Bifrost appears and Thor comes in. It takes a few painful seconds if you are low on clock time where you have to wait for Thor's slow rear end.

Thor will say Now's the time to attack! Don't listen to him yet, he's drunk and just wants to interrupt your rotation by showboating.

Finally, Thor will do his own cutscene. Soon as that ends, whale on Knull. I think you have like 30 seconds. Either way its just enough time to charge up and use a T3 up from 0%, or to wait on a transcended ability's cooldown to reset and do your attacks. Generally two rounds of a character's rotation. Be patient and do your attacks right and you've got it, if you've gotten this far. If the main timer hits 0, or if you whiff your attacks and don't kill him within the ~30 seconds, he'll one shot your team. I've eked out close victories by last minute slamming the co-op button and my non-rotation abilities for that tiny last bit of damage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I ended up buying gc, pm and supergiant and I'll hope I have enough crystals to grab maws when it comes out.

Also I love how going into and wbu it warns me that I am not strong enough to take on thr boss, and I then wreck them.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Everyone just got a CTP, premium card, Odin's blessing, plus 150 of Tier 2/3 mats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'll take it. Especially since I slept through all the fun. I was going to skip supergiant and black dwarf until I had time to build them up and to see what's coming mid-month. Thanks to the 1000 crystals yesterday I ended up grabbing all four costumes.

Now I need to figure out how to get more mandalay crystals, or whichever you need 1000+ of per transcended character. I'm guessing it means playing squad battle more than once per day on autoplay.