Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Orange Carlisle posted:

I feel like Bryan really is the master of slipping wrestling terminology into everyday conversation

it’s going to be a while before he manages to top worked handoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave going,"I've heard hundreds and thousands of versions... well maybe not that many. 10, 15 maybe...." cracked me up.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Halverine posted:

The way Dave reports anything he hears from someone he likes as total fact without a second of skepticism: “So the guy stepped on his toe so he beat the poo poo out of him so he stabbed him with a knife he had urinated on”
:rolleyes:

Vice's Dark Side Bruiser Brody episode has Dutch Mantell saying "well Jose come out of the bathroom with a ripped shirt so I guess he had to defend himself" and there's not a lot more in wrestling that makes me madder

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rudo preview is live for Friday night Dynamite, the go home show to AEW Double or Nothing!

https://twitter.com/RudoWrestling/status/1396665385588445185

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TTDYbrj6g

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

what about prefacing a story by saying he's heard dozens of stories and it was the story he was told the most counts as "reporting as total fact"

Yeah to be honest, apart from the piss-knife that story seems to have been one of the milder instances of what I was referring to. The more egregious instances like the way he talks about accusations of sexual assault have already been discussed a bunch before so I'll just shut up about it now. With the Bruce Mitchell thing I kinda have reached my limit with the Dave shows and think I'll just listen to WOL & B&V from now on.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I appreciate that, despite a zero percent chance of it happening, Pacific Rim discussed Will Ospreay going to WWE for what felt like 10 minutes.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Dave's right

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

I appreciate that, despite a zero percent chance of it happening, Pacific Rim discussed Will Ospreay going to WWE for what felt like 10 minutes.

more than 0.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

If Fumi is saying it there is some chance there is an internal New Japan belief that Ospreay is trying to get out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hasn’t Bea Priestley just signed/rumoured to have signed?

Makes sense he’d want out of Japan to follow her in that case. Also there’s no way in hell WWE lets/wants him to work his neck destroying style so it might add a few years to his career.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ngl ospreay vs ricochet having 6 minute matches on main event every week would be quite funny

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
im not happy with how management treats me so ill go to wwe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hasn’t Bea Priestley just signed/rumoured to have signed?

I thought I saw something that suggested they'd broken up but I can't remember where so there's a 20% chance my brain made it up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listening to Pacific Rim, Fumi says that Korakuen was booked May 23rd a year in advance by another promotion who basically just gave it to Kyoko Kimura so she could hold the Hana Kimura Memorial there :shobon:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Listening to Pacific Rim, Fumi says that Korakuen was booked May 23rd a year in advance by another promotion who basically just gave it to Kyoko Kimura so she could hold the Hana Kimura Memorial there :shobon:

That was lovely of them.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrnLl8D_S0c

I hope Dave has been recording all those WOR episodes without a mic arm too.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I hope Dave has been recording all those WOR episodes without a mic arm too.

I'm pretty sure there was a recent either B&V or F4D show where Bryan was talking about mics and said Dave does every show with a handheld like that.

And I did not expect Garrett to look like that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I guess it makes sense, a mic arm would require free space on the desk to attach it to.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I thought I saw something that suggested they'd broken up but I can't remember where so there's a 20% chance my brain made it up

He attacked her in the middle of the ring! That’s a pretty big “we’re done” signifier!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
"This SOBs gave me my own stable, the championship, and a trophy.... I'd better get myself to New York!"

Will osprey probably

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

As much of a moron as he is, if I had his neck I also wouldn’t want to be anywhere near NJPW and would rather get 6 figures to sit in catering and never do a flip again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I assume Dave has some weights attached to that mic and does bicep curls every second he isn't talking (which to be fair, isn't very many seconds)

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I think this documentary review was one of the best. Lotta funny commentary from the trio and also just an interesting subject. Vinny and Craig talking about how WWE is the worst daycare ever because Vince never really got approval from his father and now all his wrestlers desperately look to him for approval and he doesn't give it was just such a sad way of seeing the company but makes a lot of sense.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I forgot to put this here!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1396798137906327560

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I’m EXTREMELY looking forward to this

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1397904849803661312?s=21

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1397907559688835075

Now I'm even more excited.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

This sounds like it's gonna be one of those shows where Dave and the guest repeatedly geek out about Japanese wrestling and get completely sidetracked from the theoretical reason for the interview being booked.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eddie gonna take Observer hall voters to task for not voting Taue in

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Sometimes when my mind is wandering I'll just out of nowhere remember that time Eddie was on commentary and he talked about stabbing a guy. It makes me laugh every time. I love Eddie and I can't wait for this interview.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's really good! I hope no one spoils the funniest part, it comes out of nowhere and it cracked me up. And clearly cracked Eddie up!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

MassRafTer posted:

It's really good! I hope no one spoils the funniest part, it comes out of nowhere and it cracked me up. And clearly cracked Eddie up!

This podcast was a great way to start a Friday morning. What a joy.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, Eddie's live reaction to Dave's recount of the event was priceless.

*edit*

Also, I knew that picture reminded me of something.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 28, 2021

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

If you're a fan of Paul Heyman being full of poo poo on the record and/or talking about being "a member of the Hebrew tribe," then this is the show for you!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1397996555181899782
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1398467650779557888

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the Eddie Kingston wor is indeed very good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was listening to one of Karl Stern's recent look backs at Southern Wrestling, and he just kind of casually mentioned getting into a confrontation with Hector Guerrero where Hector threatened to hit him with a chair and Karl threatened to kick the chair into his face. He just threw it out there like everybody would know what he was talking about, does anybody actually know anything about this?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What is this, a crossover episode?

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1399085220406587392

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I FEEL OLD.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1399231144982364164

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
glad to see a Between the Sheets from a year I was alive and cognizant in.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Well, took me three weeks instead of one this time, but oh well! I did it!

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Nov 1st, 1999

Was harder to have motivation for this one. Lance Storm is on this episode, for all two or three times he talks, I think he might've changed the vibe in the room, at least at first, and it took longer for the guys to get more into their shenanigans. There also wasn't so much opportunity for visual gags and creative editing stuff in this one. More of a straightforward review. Still, plenty of goofy stuff in this episode.

There's a moment in this where Bret says "SCREW YOU SCOTT" and it's just so Canadian, I couldn't explain why but his accent, what he's saying, it's perfect :canada:

Includes: A really bad Vince impression, a woman kidnapped and put in a shark cage, a Something On a Pole match, a seriously weird production botch, Lex Luger hamming it up, Sid falling for a terrible disguise, superfluous chains, a random turn, Vince Russo mocking a heartfelt plea, seduction and making out in the ring, Bret Hart being very Canadian, a truly awful tournament, Norman Smiley in a catcher's outfit, Goldberg on the set of Ready 2 Rumble, the Nitro Girls feuding with each other... you know, I just realized, when Kimberly said she had more important things to do than be in the Nitro Girls, she meant she was gonna hit David Flair with a car I guess. Bigger and better things!

The video on Dailymotion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81n45u
I will put it up on Youtube later but it'll be slideshowy so I won't bother posting it here.

Probably still won't process into HD but it's not like Nitro was in HD in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dave and Bryan both thought Ogogo wasn’t ready and that he didn’t have the basics down. I think his gimmick sucks but thought he looked pretty okay overall so I don’t know why they were so down on it.