Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
22nd May
Dragon Gate King of Gate Night 6
Dragon Kid vs Susumu Yokosuka

I love these 2 guys, they have amazing chemistry and deliver an absolute banger, probably my fave Match of the tournament so far. The things Kid can do at 45 beggar belief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) vs Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Ryusuke Taguchi NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 25.05

Great match featuring some of the greatest talent in the promotion (and BUSHI) bringing their A-game. Just super fun overall and continues the apparent Naito/Ishii blood feud in a nice way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) vs Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Ryusuke Taguchi NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 25.05

Great match featuring some of the greatest talent in the promotion (and BUSHI) bringing their A-game. Just super fun overall and continues the apparent Naito/Ishii blood feud in a nice way.

Second. For a seemingly nothing card on a hastily rescheduled tour, they all seemed to have decided,"gently caress it let's just have a really loving good match!"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Golden☆Ace vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb & Great O-Khan) NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 25.05

These guys are all so drat good, holy gently caress. This delivered big time and I'm somehow even more hype for Ibushi vs Cobb than before.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam May 25th
HM

United Empire (Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb) vs Golden☆Ace (Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi)
- loving hype for Ibushi/Cobb

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Golden☆Ace vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb & Great O-Khan) NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 25.05

These guys are all so drat good, holy gently caress. This delivered big time and I'm somehow even more hype for Ibushi vs Cobb than before.

It's one of those matches that's right on the borderline but it made me laugh with pure joy at the kamigoye stand off so why not

Nth

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC: Pencil Army VS Chris Brooks, Asuka & Yuna Mizumori, CHOCOPRO #120 5/24/21

While perhaps not quite the same level of excitement as the previous Pencil Army tag match, there were a whole bunch of spots you don't usually see in ChocoPro, including a table splash, an exposed surface DDT, and Lulu Pencil making the whole distance on a jump. The post-match devastation and promo put it over an HM for me.

Lulu Pencil vs. Brookes is the best, most heated feud in wrestling at the moment. You can fight me on that.

Nth

Chris Brookes is a fantastic heel and they quite literally tore the place down. Also Chris selling for people quite literally half his size is tremendous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam May 25th
HM

United Empire (Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb) vs Golden☆Ace (Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi)

Agreed and...

SG Bamboo posted:

- loving hype for Ibushi/Cobb

:agreed:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
3rd May (recorded)/15th May (aired)
AAA TV
Copa Perro Aguayo Jr
Abismo Negro Jr vs Aramis vs El Hijo del Vikingo vs Latigo vs Villano III Jr

This has to be close to the Platonic ideal of the multiman sprint. It's just boom-boom-boom, all killer no filler, ridiculous spot into ridiculous spot into ridiculous spot. Everyone gets to look rad, they all have their role to play here. Someone might deride this as a spotfest but who the gently caress cares when the action is this drat good? Definitely the highest I've been on a non-Japanese match that I've seen this year, just fantastic. I can't stress how much you should watch this

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19U4y157H9

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DarkstarIV posted:

Late on posting this, but what the gently caress ever:

WMOTYC: Rhea Ripley vs Nikki Cross, WWE RAW 5/24/21

This entire match was a (hilarious) disaster. You had Rhea claim she could beat Nikki Cross in two minutes after Charlotte said she could. So basically Rhea has two minutes to beat Nikki.

Now this is where it gets falls off the rails: Rhea spends all of the first minute taunting Nikki Cross with lovely childish taunts. And then spends the next minute kicking Nikki's rear end nonstop until time expires. Then she is SHOCKED she lost. Commentary was shocked as well.

Nth'ing this as I just watched the entire match. The champion looks like an idiot, nothing will come of this anyway since they'll never have Nikki Cross win a big match in her life, and I still don't understand why commentary acted surprised.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC: Pencil Army VS Chris Brooks, Asuka & Yuna Mizumori, CHOCOPRO #120 5/24/21

While perhaps not quite the same level of excitement as the previous Pencil Army tag match, there were a whole bunch of spots you don't usually see in ChocoPro, including a table splash, an exposed surface DDT, and Lulu Pencil making the whole distance on a jump. The post-match devastation and promo put it over an HM for me.

Lulu Pencil vs. Brookes is the best, most heated feud in wrestling at the moment. You can fight me on that.

Nth this, not that it needs it. It was Gatoh Move so not a style for everyone, but I thought this was very powerful & emotional. The story of the underdog with so much drat heart is a classic for a reason.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fez_machine posted:

nth. Absolute banger of a show/match. The novel confines of their arena really heightens the tension when they go for 'basic' stuff like bodyslams and chokes. Moreso when you throw in dives and tables.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I Before E posted:

HM: Ren Narita vs Royce Isaacs, Dark Elevation 5/24
HM: JD Drake vs Rocky Romero, Dark Elevation 5/24

Nth this, all praise the open forbidden door

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Nth, incredible

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd May
Dragon Gate King of Gate 2021 Night 7
Keisuke Okuda vs Shun Skywalker

HM
23rd May
Dragon Gate King of Gate 2021 Night 7
Eita vs Kzy

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
AAA TV
Copa Perro Aguayo Jr

This has to be close to the Platonic ideal of the multiman sprint. It's just boom-boom-boom, all killer no filler, ridiculous spot into ridiculous spot into ridiculous spot. Everyone gets to look rad, they all have their role to play here. Someone might deride this as a spotfest but who the gently caress cares when the action is this drat good? Definitely the highest I've been on a non-Japanese match that I've seen this year, just fantastic. I can't stress how much you should watch this

Nth, but I think they could have fit in some more spots that didn't exist a year ago.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah agreed

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fez_machine posted:

Pylons posted:

HM: Lee Johnson vs. Daniel Garcia, Dark Elevation 5/24

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Rhea Ripley vs Nikki Cross, WWE RAW 5/24/21

nth on these

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Ultimate Tag League May 9th
MOTYC
Yukio Sakaguchi vs Yusuke Okada
- Holy gently caress, this came out of nowhere. Brutality at it's finest as Okada attempts to survive against a killer, short and sweet
37KAMIINA (MAO and Yuki Ueno) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura)
- Yoshimura's first match back after a six month injury, and he immediately made up for lost time by beating the hell out of his former tag partner Ueno. As good as Nautilus were as a tag team, they're just as good facing off against each other. Add in MAO and HARASHIMA to the mix and you've got a phenominal match.
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki and Yuji Hino)
- Yuji Hino is such a fuckin hoss, he's absolutely perfect as a man mountain for people to (try to) chop down to size. All four of these guys rule, it's like the Sauna boys didn't want to be upstaged by their compatriots in the earlier match by going balls to the wall. A little bit of interference by Damnation, but not nearly enough for me to dock points from this spectacle.

ALSO MOTYC
Team Thoroughbred (Sanshiro Takagi and Yukio Naya) vs DisasterBox (Kazuki Hirata and Toru Owashi) vs Akito and Keigo Nakamura vs Danshoku Dieno and Super Sasadango Machine
- Reverse Battle Royale, but not the TNA kind. All 8 guys are at ringside, and if you get tossed into the ring (and maybe into the bleachers as well? Wasn't super clear on that) your team is eliminated. Absolute insanity from start to finish.

Holy poo poo, what an awesome show. Great way to kick off Tag League, make time to watch if you've got a Universe subscription

nth on all these, but I adjusted the reverse battle royal to be MOTYC as well. I'm sure it won't be everyone's cup of tea but I absolutely loved it. Hardest I've laughed in a while.

Re: the bleachers, I don't think they got eliminated, but they had to deal with the stern usher who kept them tied up with apologies for messing up prestigious korakuen hall. I think the winner was just whoever was able to get someone into the ring first.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Joey Janela vs Bear Bronson AEW Dark 25.05

One hell of a fight right here.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Shingo Takagi vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 26.05

Also one hell of a fight right here. Tsuji looked like a million bucks and Shingo is always Shingo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam 26.05

Also one hell of a fight right here. Tsuji looked like a million bucks and Shingo is always Shingo.

Hell yeah, 2nded. Tsuji is gonna be a loving star.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam May 26th
HM
Yota Tsuji vs Shingo Takagi
- Tsuji is going to be an absolute star when he comes back from excursion

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Road to Wrestle Grand Slam May 26th
HM
Yota Tsuji vs Shingo Takagi
- Tsuji is going to be an absolute star when he comes back from excursion

Nth very fun

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) (c) vs. Las Fresas de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night (5/26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g7Fhp5NA88

SEAdLINNNG's tag division has been on fire for a while and this match continued that hot streak. Wrestling is always at its best and most simple when you have people going at each other who look like they hate each other and whenever Asuka and Arisa Nakajima are going at it there is no shortage of venom to draw you into the match. Special shoutout to Makoto, who going into this match I expected to just be there to make up the numbers in the ring with three of the best but ended up being perhaps the MVP of this match.

After the match Ryo Mizunami returned to SEAdLINNNG to challenge Asuka for her singles championship so watch this space for another MOTYC nomination from me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
AAA TV
Copa Perro Aguayo Jr

Nth. I was on the fence, but if a match shows me something awesome that I've never seen before, that automatically bumps it up. I don't know what the hell you call that move Hijo del Vikingo did midway through - like a springboard tornillo INTO a top rope hurricanrana to the outside (one of the few replay spots) - but I was :stare: for a solid minute after that. Then he followed it up with a 630 and landed on his feet. Dude's only 24, he's going to be something really special.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 27, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) (c) vs. Las Fresas de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night (5/26)

SEAdLINNNG's tag division has been on fire for a while and this match continued that hot streak. Wrestling is always at its best and most simple when you have people going at each other who look like they hate each other and whenever Asuka and Arisa Nakajima are going at it there is no shortage of venom to draw you into the match. Special shoutout to Makoto, who going into this match I expected to just be there to make up the numbers in the ring with three of the best but ended up being perhaps the MVP of this match.

After the match Ryo Mizunami returned to SEAdLINNNG to challenge Asuka for her singles championship so watch this space for another MOTYC nomination from me.

Nth. Great match. Man do I wish SEAd was more accessible to follow.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag League Final Night May 27th
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama and Makoto Oishi)
- Desperation from both teams with everything to play for, edge of the seat stuff. Loved it
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Yuji Hino and Daisuke Sasaki)
- gently caress yeah we get an encore to break the tie. Shunma is absolutely hosed after the match he just had with Junretsu and Damnation take full advantage of this by beating the gently caress out of him. Poor lego boy has absolutely no hope, since his partner Takeshita is also goodamn exhausted. This had me so goddamn invested, my favourite match DDT have done this year, and a great way to finish the tournament

HM
Chris Brookes and 37KAMIINA (MAO and Yuki Ueno) vs Yusuke Okada, Akito and Yukio Naya
- Some fun odd couple combinations with Chris and the Sauna Boys, Akito remains smooth as hell, and we got a Kaientai pose. Good fun all round
Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs Damnation (Yuji Hino and Daisuke Sasaki)
- Real good hard hitting action, but it fell short of what I know these guys can do when they're going all out

When it's at it's best DDT is so loving good. Highly recommend the tournament matches from this card, although the whole thing is easy watching

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Yuji Hino and Daisuke Sasaki)
- gently caress yeah we get an encore to break the tie. Shunma is absolutely hosed after the match he just had with Junretsu and Damnation take full advantage of this by beating the gently caress out of him. Poor lego boy has absolutely no hope, since his partner Takeshita is also goodamn exhausted. This had me so goddamn invested, my favourite match DDT have done this year, and a great way to finish the tournament

HM from me on this one, but it was real good and was really firing on all cylinders when they hit the end.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So has ASUKA just decided it,"gently caress it I'm gonna have a MOTYC every day of the week" now?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
ASUKA was storing their power for the Hana show, and now doesn't have to store it anymore.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth, real good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama and Makoto Oishi)
- Desperation from both teams with everything to play for, edge of the seat stuff. Loved it

HM
Chris Brookes and 37KAMIINA (MAO and Yuki Ueno) vs Yusuke Okada, Akito and Yukio Naya
- Some fun odd couple combinations with Chris and the Sauna Boys, Akito remains smooth as hell, and we got a Kaientai pose. Good fun all round
Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs Damnation (Yuji Hino and Daisuke Sasaki)
- Real good hard hitting action, but it fell short of what I know these guys can do when they're going all out

When it's at it's best DDT is so loving good. Highly recommend the tournament matches from this card, although the whole thing is easy watching

Nth. Great matches all round. I love the slow burn storytelling of Chrissy B learning to love the sauna boys, even as I acknowledge that story only exists in my head.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
AAA TV
Copa Perro Aguayo Jr

Nth, this was spectacular.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hangman Page vs Joey Janela
HM: Jade Cargill vs Kilynn King
HM: Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson) vs Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page

All from AEW Dynamite 28.05

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Jade Cargill vs Kilynn King - AEW Dynamite 28.05

Second. Jade is real drat good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs Joey Janela
HM: Jade Cargill vs Kilynn King
HM: Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson) vs Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page

All from AEW Dynamite 28.05

Nth these. Fun show.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth. Asuka rules, as does everybody else on this match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH ~ The Glory ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC National Championship
- Two old men beat the absolute gently caress out of each other

NOAH have uploaded this to YouTube if you, like me, haven't watched this yet (in my defence I'm actually watching the show now. Jr Tag match is way better than expected)

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1398782847549272065?s=19

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH ~ The Glory ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC National Championship
- Two old men beat the absolute gently caress out of each other

HM
Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa and HAYATA) (c) vs NOSAWA Rongai and Ikuto Hidaka - GHC Junior Tag Team Championship
- Wasn't expecting much going in, and this exceeded all expectations
M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji, Masaaki Mochizuki and Masato Tanaka) vs Yoshiki Inamura, Kaito Miyomiya and Kinya Okada
- Holy poo poo, those old men brutalised that poor boy

Seconding all these. Poor bloody mouthed Okada just getting beaten up by mean old guys.

Meanwhile Sugiura & Fujita just slapping the ever loving poo poo out of each other and me sat here giggling. Even the crowd were so wilded out by it they started gasping and poo poo despite the rules. God drat this is loving rad.