Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My sister bit a churrø once...

E: a terrible snipe. I'm going to church soon for more probiotic yogurt and granola to fool myself that my farts are a sign of good health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

To be fair, the churrø was karving its initials on her.

Try the farts from the large bags of brussel sprouts.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Melona popsicles are so good I almost don’t mind they got rid of the Helados

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i find the term 'chicken bake' off putting

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i find the term 'chicken bake' off putting

Same. It sounds like there's nothing drier.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

redreader posted:

Same. It sounds like there's nothing drier.

Costco Hot Dish, only available in the Midwest. $5 a pop.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
chicken bakes are wet n sloppy :yum:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

The North Tower posted:

Costco Hot Dish, only available in the Midwest. $5 a pop.

Seems like the equivalent of the kfc bowl. What is it, a hot dog and pizza jammed into a cup of ice cream? You know, on second thought, forget I said anything because the last time we had this conversation, someone jammed a hot dog in a chicken bake.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Seems like the equivalent of the kfc bowl. What is it, a hot dog and pizza jammed into a cup of ice cream? You know, on second thought, forget I said anything because the last time we had this conversation, someone jammed a hot dog in a chicken bake.

It’s terrible but your mother will be upset if you don’t drop by.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Nooner posted:

chicken bakes are wet n sloppy :yum:

Even the new frozen ones?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it takes a big man to admit the chicken bake is simply not very good compared to the other food court items

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008
Trip report Kalamazoo.
I usually try to go mid-week as close to open as I can, but yesterday had to go on a Friday near noon before a holiday weekend! Crazy, I know. BUT they were Johnny on the spot with all registers open and getting everyone through fast. Like those of us who do single layer in the cart and UPCs facing up. :D It was busy but not nutso.
Got TP (to the ceiling) and laundry detergent, bacon, butter, beer battered cod fillets, shrimp, Pub Mix, a rotisserie chicken, AND some on sale NY strips to bring when I go see my mom and family for the first time in over a year now that we're all fully vaccinated! :D
Will be a good Memorial Day!
PBUC!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I must admit the chicken bake I bought the other day was kinda dry and bland, felt like a just punishment for forsaking the dog.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

I must admit the chicken bake I bought the other day was kinda dry and bland, felt like a just punishment for forsaking the dog.
Easy solution: get chicken bake, open one end, insert dog

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Martman posted:

get chicken bake, open one end, insert dog

🎶 You've got Cheesy Blasters 🎶

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

🎶 You've got Cheesy Blasters 🎶

And then meatcat flies away on his um, skateboard

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/nnxbzm/condiments_station_back

I don't see evidence in the picture but OP says the onion crank is back

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Barry posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/nnxbzm/condiments_station_back

I don't see evidence in the picture but OP says the onion crank is back
There's no Onions, Relish, or Deli Mustard in that photo. This is an elaborate prank by a very sick person. :colbert:

Edit: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/05/28/costco-is-seeing-inflation-abound-impacting-a-slew-of-consumer-products.html

quote:

Costco has worked with its supplies to keep a handle on price pressures. But Galanti conceded that "some of [inflation] has passed through."

In the future, he said items like the warehouse's $4.99 rotisserie chicken and $2.99 40-pack case of water could be impacted.
Don't touch my rotisserie chicken!

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 30, 2021

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

They built a 450 million dollar chicken plant, like they did for hotdogs, to save like $0.35 a bird. They own the birds and the feed mill, and contract farmers to raise them. They also had an issue where birds on the market were getting too large, which would force them to raise the price and they wouldn't fit in the rotisseries. Costco sells 6lb birds and they were having problems sourcing them because the industry is raising 7-8lb birds to be cut up for sale. Only 15% of chickens are sold whole.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

McGurk posted:

Melona popsicles are so good I almost don’t mind they got rid of the Helados

We have both right now at my store. We also have a lot of new desserts that I've first seen this year. Not sure if they're just testing them or what. We had a biscoff ice cream bar, mini ice cream sandwiches, s'mores, and just got in taiyaki with custard filling. Usually only getting a couple pallets and it being deleted a month later.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

binge crotching posted:

That combo sounds amazing, I want to live vicariously through you.

Turned out to be quite edible. Only wish is that it had more actual meat in it. The flavor and consistency are there, but just not many meaty chunks.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
For anyone who wants it (assuming it works for others), I will not be using it:

quote:

An exclusive one-time use coupon code

just for you

$50 OFF

a purchase of $500 or more on Costco.com

Enter Promo Code During Checkout

FJNV7E3

Only valid on Costco.com. Not valid in warehouse. One coupon code per Costco member. Ineligible purchases include: new Costco memberships, Costco membership renewals, gift of membership, Costco Shop cards, custom installation services, Same-day grocery delivery, and online-digital print orders. Not valid for orders at the online Pharmacy, Costco Travel or Costco Business Delivery. The merchandise total in your cart must equal $500 or more before tax and shipping to receive the $50 off. The coupon code must be entered in the promo code box at checkout to be valid. This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offer expires 6/13/21.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

Finally tried the chicken sandwich we have up here in :canada: Pretty disappointed... chicken was dry, the breading was super heavy, but the thing that made it somewhat unenjoyable was the fact they used a crunchy cheese roll as the bun! it was such a chore chewing this drat thing, wouldve been so much better with a soft bun!

picked up a bag of pretzel chips and nutella to dip them in, im afraid these wont last for another few days :btroll:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They sell that at the concession area?

That doesn't look very good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
remember when they tried to sell a burger and it sucked rear end?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

say what you will about the burg being a poor decision, at least it was no acai bowl

god drat that thing sucked rear end

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

the frozen acai bowls are really nice though. have one for breakfast a couple times a week

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Awww a cheese bun? Once again an allergy-friendly foodcourt evades my grasp.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
never ordered the acai bowl .. too self conscious about how to pronounce it

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Actually no. I missed out on it :smith:

Remember when they sold chili? It was p good not gonna lie

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

These ham and cheese croissant / danish things they got in the bakery section aren't half bad. I can't imagine eating one for breakfast, but it was a good lunch.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That looks like the cibatta cheese buns they sell in the bakery which are good but man they are greasy as hell.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

thathonkey posted:

never ordered the acai bowl .. too self conscious about how to pronounce it
nobody cares and also different languages sound it differently. it's like car-mel vs. car-a-mel. ah-sigh-ee is probably the more common for americans to say it although other places it's more like ah-sah-ee with the sah-ee components mushed a little bit together

anyways you aren't missing anything, the costco one was bad.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Big City Drinkin posted:

Do they still have the army man eating the hot dog?

That was at a USO food place, not Costco. Mods?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Uhh-saw-Hee bowel

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

We have both right now at my store. We also have a lot of new desserts that I've first seen this year. Not sure if they're just testing them or what. We had a biscoff ice cream bar, mini ice cream sandwiches, s'mores, and just got in taiyaki with custard filling. Usually only getting a couple pallets and it being deleted a month later.
In the before times my Costco in Chicago would stock Tilamook chocolate mudslide ice cream sandwiches and they were amazing.

Gonna hit up that feedback box this weekend.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I heard a guy ask for an eye catchy bowl.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1 acacky bowl plz

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's obviously "UH KAH EYE" if you have a Midwestern accent

Should be getting my BRAND NEW COSTCO VISA REWARDS CARD soon, super fuckin excited to barely change my spending habits and actually get something back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

mkvltra posted:

That was at a USO food place, not Costco. Mods?

His name is Sgt. Chowdown and he is protecting our freedoms :patriot: