Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rainbow Knight posted:

who in the gently caress is this dovahkiin guy

Ex New York State senator so idk why anybody gives a gently caress about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

whatsa shanda

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
no shanda your the shanda

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol at the guy nobody has ever heard of saying seth rogen won't be remembered

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

In Training posted:

Ex New York State senator so idk why anybody gives a gently caress about him

He's the founder of Americans Against Antisemitism.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Legit question: Has Eve Barlow personally sped up the process of American's politically abandoning Israel by a measurable amount?

nah, I'm of the more cynical take that it is, in fact, bait, and that she's more or less going to prop herself in a position of someone else's making through all the negative publicity

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I acknowledge that wearing blackface was wrong, and also no big deal

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Victory Position posted:

nah, I'm of the more cynical take that it is, in fact, bait, and that she's more or less going to prop herself in a position of someone else's making through all the negative publicity

She probably knew this reaction would happen, seeing as she namedrops the streissand effect. I just have doubts that it's going to be usable to leverage into a position of higher power or esteem; the only people coming to declare Fartlow a hate crime are abject losers, even by modern zionism standards

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He's the founder of Americans Against Antisemitism.

Oh cool, I'm a member. AAA's tow service is great.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
hey, I'm against antisemitism where do I learn more about this fine sounding organization

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

She probably knew this reaction would happen, seeing as she namedrops the streissand effect. I just have doubts that it's going to be usable to leverage into a position of higher power or esteem; the only people coming to declare Fartlow a hate crime are abject losers, even by modern zionism standards

people like her think that being victimized gives them credibility and clout. classic Israelbrain symptom

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/praisegodbarbon/status/1397962681383071748?s=21

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Legit question: Has Eve Barlow personally sped up the process of American's politically abandoning Israel by a measurable amount?

Probably, to some extent. I think she's part of the old strategy but I think at some level the greater pro-Israel lobby/Zionist structure in America finds breathtakingly shitheaded people like fartlow helpful because:
1) she actually accomplishes the stated goal of maintaining support for Israel among English speakers -- even if the only non-outright-Zionists-already she's getting are profoundly stupid, it's still something. It's impossible to tell who falls away because of her but she can at least point to her bases of support
2) she works towards what I think is a quieter but still important and obvious goal, which is to conflate actual anti-Semitic violence in the west with her dog brained whining about digital pogroms of fart jokes. Anyone who is not as intensely, horrifically dumb as her can see the backlash against her and come away thinking (probably correctly) that it obfuscates and confuses the identification of and solidarity against real antisemitism.

the latter is just part of Zionist efforts to undermine diasporan Jews at every turn, and it probably has a far wider but more subtle effect of reinforcing that outside of Israel that not only are you unsafe, but your safety isn't a concern or will be actively ignored. I think the picrew Zionists are essentially this as well, just aimed at a different sort of idiot, with similar results.

The good news is that I don't think this is winning strategy and is almost certainly ablating more support quicker and more thoroughly than they could ever gain, but the bad news is thanks to the ossified nature of America's political system I don't think there's much incentive for the Israel lobby to change tactics too much because they figure they can ride the current set of American politicians out long enough to accomplish their project of ethnic cleansing.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I still can't get over the ADL posting hate crime lists that are 90% "Zionism is bad" signs

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

people like her think that being victimized gives them credibility and clout. classic Israelbrain symptom

she hosed it up though, both in terms of selecting and presenting how she was being victimized

there's a reason people who are competent at this scam love to cite non-specific "harassment" rather than engaging in full-on meltdowns over things like "fartlow" - the goal is to make yourself look noble and oppressed, and the former might do that with an audience inclined to be sympathetic, while the latter makes you look some combination of thin-skinned, petty, histrionic, sheltered, deranged, graspingly but poorly manipulative, lacking any sense of proportion, etc.

all of which is compounded by directly comparing your menchies to ethnic cleansing and torture

its not even like this poo poo is hard to do properly, there are plenty of utter mediocrities who have made it central to their careers

I'd say the most Israel-specific aspect to this is that such breathtaking displays of weaponized cynicism are only possible when people have created an environment that exclusively focuses on preaching to the choir over any pretense of converting anyone - raising such ideological hothouse flowers requires extensive protection from even the notion that their pronouncements might receive widespread challenge or pushback rather than being taken Very Seriously

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lollontee posted:

whatsa shanda

shameful, a disgrace.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
donchu wanna, wanna shanda

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
turn ur monitor on

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1398022651633876992?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/joyouschapzone/status/1397897987926417412?s=20

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Latest war nerd has Max Blumenthal on about Israel.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mark Ames mentioned they're getting a lot of pressure from their subscribers to make it free, so they might actually do it this time.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/DrBiscuit6/status/1398016728291024904

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Are you loving loving me!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiF9fI47E9A

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Eve Ben Dover (to fart)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

In the last Radio War Nerd, Mark Ames says he'll be quick to explain why he was spied on by the ADL, and it becomes a 20 minute story that sounds like a Cohen brothers plot line

Long story short, the ADL spied on anti-apartheid activists, and one of their employees was gonna have Nazis murder a colleague so he could get a higher paying job.

quote:

Gurvitz was recently forced to resign after an incident in which he attempted to misuse the ADL intelligence network to seek revenge on a rival who got a job Gurvitz wanted at the Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies. Gurvitz got confidential police data on the rival and threatened to expose him as a Jewish spy to a right-wing hate group.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-04-13-mn-22383-story.html

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

slippery doc posted:

Night of Broken Wind

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

slippery doc posted:

Night of Broken Wind

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lollontee posted:

whatsa shanda

shandeez nuts!!!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Latest war nerd has Max Blumenthal on about Israel.

its a good episode and max is great

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Atrocious Joe posted:

In the last Radio War Nerd, Mark Ames says he'll be quick to explain why he was spied on by the ADL, and it becomes a 20 minute story that sounds like a Cohen brothers plot line

Long story short, the ADL spied on anti-apartheid activists, and one of their employees was gonna have Nazis murder a colleague so he could get a higher paying job.

:stare:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

he gets to hang out with the fink now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

The story is absolutely insane.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

They don't really spend a lot of time on the fact that the ADL was getting funding by providing information to the apartheid south african government.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

paul_soccer12 posted:

he gets to hang out with the fink now

Is Finklestein good? He came across as odd more than anything in the Defamation documentary.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/05/23/hamilton-rabbi-charged-after-israeli-consulate-in-toronto-vandalized/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The story is absolutely insane.

lmao that's one way to create a new job opening at your workplace.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

can we get a ruling from the ADL if that's an anti semitic incident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Finklestein good? He came across as odd more than anything in the Defamation documentary.

He is an old Marxist so gets in trouble alot with the newer generation of activists (his position on two state solution, BDS). But he is na amazing man and an amazing academic. I helped him move stuff into his home after the whole scandal where he lost his job due to being called an antisemite etc.