Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shard posted:

Isn't this like the only move you dont tuck your head for? Thought you had to lean your head back.

That's what I meant. That's what I get for posting during a zoom meeting lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Nick Jr. Face posted:

He broke someone's neck in Japan with the same botch right? And he nearly did it to James Ellsworth too

He broke Yoshi Tatsu's neck with it and then Naito was like "give me an Avalanche Style's Clash" cause he's real cool.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
AJ broke a lot of necks for a poo poo move.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
IIRC AJ invented the Styles Clash by complete accident

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Nick Jr. Face posted:

IIRC AJ invented the Styles Clash by complete accident

lol it looks like it

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The styles clash is the worst kind of finisher because it’s both unsafe and looks like poo poo. If you’re going to be unsafe, it better look loving cool.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dacap posted:

The styles clash is the worst kind of finisher because it’s both unsafe and looks like poo poo. If you’re going to be unsafe, it better look loving cool.

Made worse by having a bunch of moves that are cooler

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Made worse by having a bunch of moves that are cooler

Also true!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's me. The one guy that likes the styles clash.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's me. The one guy that likes the styles clash.

Same, and I think it's the setup that does it for me.

Obviously it looks low impact as hell (unless some poor soul is getting their neck destroyed), but the way he transitions it into a pin looks really cool.

I totally popped when Kaz did it to one of the Jacksons recently.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Styles Clash is cool actually, there appears to have been a gas leak in this thread today. Me and the rest of the staff have been hard at work to fix it, please check back in within the hour.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

The Styles Clash is cool actually, there appears to have been a gas leak in this thread today. Me and the rest of the staff have been hard at work to fix it, please check back in within the hour.

weird facebusters are not good finishers, all the erotic asphyxiation has gotten to the nubster

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dacap posted:

Seeing how over the move is with Japanese fans where they still act like it's death anytime someone pills it out, I think the "looks like poo poo" line is a bit odd.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I've kicked out of every styles clash I ever withstood, what a weak move. I kick out of every move and always win because i'm very strong.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't kill my little brother with a styles clash. it's his birthdayh on september 8

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Seeing how over the move is with Japanese fans where they still act like it's death anytime someone pills it out, I think the "looks like poo poo" line is a bit odd.

I’m willing to admit I may be an outlier on this, I’ve just never liked the move and don’t like how it looks.

Styles is unquestionably a great performer otherwise, just don’t care for that move or similar ones like the neutralizer or that one Riddle does.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The Styles Clash looks good when someone like Christopher Daniels takes it. Someone who sells well. As long as it looks impactful, it works well.

The problem is it doesn't always look impactful, even when the execution is technically fine.

Compare it to Death Rider or even a standard piledriver.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gettin my sternum and face smashed into the ground after this alt right loon jumped at me from every which way would be enough put me down for a three count. IDK what kinda wheaties you're eating for breakfast tho.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think the Styles Clash would be a good finishing move for Danshoku Dino

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

My problem with the Styles Clash is it always looks like the person doing it is banging their face on the mat when they do it and it looks really silly

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the styles clash is okay, but what if I put a guy in the styles clash position and then did a moonsault off the top rope

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if you put someone in styles clash position and stand there but slam their head into the mat over and over until they give up our pass out. Probably can't do it

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

every finisher should just be the steiner screwdriver or a ganso bomb. finish more than the match

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
VERTEBREAKERRRRR

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
The wrestling observer best move of 2003 and 2015, the styles clash, is great.

There's plenty of moves where you need to flex, not tuck, it's the arm trapping that's dangerous. But the move is cool.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

every finisher should just be the steiner screwdriver or a ganso bomb. finish more than the match

I will also accept the Muscular Bomb.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Russian leg sweep is the best wrestling move.

Lithuanian leg sweep is the worst wrestling move.

Debate over.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

More wrestlers need to do Zangief's Ultra

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If this isn't your finisher then you're not even trying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKD4u0LxP1o

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

If this isn't your finisher then you're not even trying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKD4u0LxP1o

https://youtu.be/PzpzcAMP9jY

I mean that's no Kof XIII's Clark NeoMax finisher but it sorta comes close.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

VideoWitch posted:

My problem with the Styles Clash is it always looks like the person doing it is banging their face on the mat when they do it and it looks really silly
My nit-noid with the Styles Clash is when the opponent taking the move just casually wraps their arms around Styles' legs while they're upside down like it's no big deal. Cena was especially blatant with it during their match at SummerSlam '16. I get that we're supposed to suspend our disbelief but :cmon:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Max Coveri posted:

VERTEBREAKERRRRR

I once watched a compilation of vertebreakers and came to the conclusion that the vertebreak whips rear end.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I omce saw some f grade indy clip which featured a tag team finisher of one guy doing the vertebreaker while hos tag team partner gave the guy a schwein at the same time. It was the most dangerous move ive ever seen where everything looked to be going as planned

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The Ghetto Stomp/Cop Killa is the coolest thing Low-Ki has ever been involved with and it’s mostly Homicide doing all the work

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Styles Clash looks good when Tanahashi does it, but then again what doesn't?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

The Styles Clash looks good when Tanahashi does it, but then again what doesn't?

Some say Gedo is still booing Tana's pitiful abs to this day

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't recognize Styles without his luscious hair.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wont ever tire of mid 90s rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did Bret wear the same outfit for every non-wrestling function?