Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Apparently out-of-era stuff was dropping but devs were on top of patching loot pools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

schwein11 posted:

This was in the official Everquest discord this morning:

Have also heard that some out of era stuff has dropped but don’t know the details.

I would have to say having naggyb(a?) loot drop in lguk is the perfect swap, this looks very interesting. I'm avoiding EQ playing but ill be playing vicariously through others.

Though I hope its not simply a naggy to guk, Vox to naggy type of lazy swaps.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Are rare mobs still dropping like 10 items each?

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

suuma posted:

Are rare mobs still dropping like 10 items each?

apparently the rarer the rare mob, the more items it drops.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Did some grouping today on Mischief and nearly naked warriors with rusty weapons have 0 agro - so its the real classic experience !

I guess they have a hard time of it until they get their epics and a lot more levels under their belts.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Baconroll posted:

Did some grouping today on Mischief and nearly naked warriors with rusty weapons have 0 agro - so its the real classic experience !

I guess they have a hard time of it until they get their epics and a lot more levels under their belts.

not a problem if your team dps is all mages, lol

apparently the wierd server issues / inventoryless merchant issues continue, supposedly the devs are actively working on them with the game live + restarting zones individually so as to minimize disruption to the game. Unknown how much progess has been done or when it'll be complete, I imagine at least some people with out of era loot are keeping their lips sealed to try + avoid losing it

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Indecisive posted:

I imagine at least some people with out of era loot are keeping their lips sealed to try + avoid losing it

There’s probably one Druid out there with a Goblin Gazughi Ring and he’s silent as the grave praying no one notices.

I dinged 10 and memmed some random spell about wolf spirits I don’t think I’ll ever use. Then I took a road trip through Kithicor to the Commonlands. Sooooooo much nostalgia doing that run. I was very careful not to go at night. :3:

Once I bound at the tunnel and popped into Freeport to find all the vendors empty I took it as a sign to take a break and go get food.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
I found the old EQ TLP Goons Discord link: https://discord.gg/EQ4suQ8

Not at all active but it's there if we want to use it!

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
Got to level 36 so far on Mischief. Gonna sleep and try and go hard on coming bonus in the morning. Was trying to see if I could catch hasten up after my static went to sleep but no luck. Hopefully he’s up when I wake up.

My necros name is Szinga and I’m leveling in a static with fellow goon Rymos and twitch streamer Bobbybick. Feel free to wave if you see me. Currently in Faceless guild.

Rallos fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 28, 2021

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

They had a familiar In the store for 2 bucks that gave you 250 mana and endurance for 2 bucks.

They removed it and refunded everyone. Was fun while it lasted.

Someone killed Vox on Thornblade tonight. Surprised it took this long... I'm having a blast though at level 13

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Spite golems in hate are dropping dragon loot by the butt load.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Spite golems in hate are dropping dragon loot by the butt load.

Indeed. Mischief and Thornblade made it three days without being ruined. And it's the beginning of an extended holiday weekend, so who knows when it'll get fixed.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

So, how can I run multiple chars without having tons of computers, I have 2 computers that I can hook up but I want minimum 3 accounts.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Node posted:

Indeed. Mischief and Thornblade made it three days without being ruined. And it's the beginning of an extended holiday weekend, so who knows when it'll get fixed.

I feel like it's supposed to be random like that but currently rare stuff is dropping multiple rare items at a time. That's probably bad?

It made Rahotep a fun camp in North Ro.

Probably need to tweak the drop rates a bit, huh?

Malaria fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 29, 2021

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Node posted:

Indeed. Mischief and Thornblade made it three days without being ruined.

Ruined how?

I can completely see how massive drop rates were the intention all along.

It was never sold as the type of server where you were going to relive the classic experience of slogging through sky or racing OW dragons as the only way to gear up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea better loot dropping more often is cool. It takes away from the poop sockers controlling the server and more importantly makes it harder for the krono sellers.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
Sadly I don't have the time, or any friends interested enough, to actually play, but man watching these guys on Twitch on this bonkers new progression server is just the biggest nostalgia bomb. Probably the only thing stopping me is no Kunark/Iksar yet. I may have to roll a monk when the time comes and punch some leeches....

Edit: I'm also the weirdo that fell absolutely in LOVE with Beastlord when it came out. I love pet classes, I loved monk, and the mix was just absolutely perfect. Shame you would have to wait for Luclin.

WTF BEES fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 29, 2021

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

this is the content i crave

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

WTF BEES posted:

Sadly I don't have the time, or any friends interested enough, to actually play, but man watching these guys on Twitch on this bonkers new progression server is just the biggest nostalgia bomb. Probably the only thing stopping me is no Kunark/Iksar yet. I may have to roll a monk when the time comes and punch some leeches....

Edit: I'm also the weirdo that fell absolutely in LOVE with Beastlord when it came out. I love pet classes, I loved monk, and the mix was just absolutely perfect. Shame you would have to wait for Luclin.

You can just race switch to iksar when kunark drops, end up doing this like every TLP. thems lizard robes ya know very fancy not like stupid smoothskins!

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

shirunei posted:

You can just race switch to iksar when kunark drops, end up doing this like every TLP. thems lizard robes ya know very fancy not like stupid smoothskins!

Valid, but I actually want to level as an Iksar in Kunark. I want to punch leeches and listen to that squish noise they make.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Random loot is the best thing they have done. Not only does it make every named exciting, but its awesome to have so many more camps people are suddenly willing to do.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
Hit level 50 today on my necro and managed to snag a halfling deputy mask for 6 krono. This is the most fun I’ve had in EQ in a long time. Can’t wait to see what sky has in store for us. I was in that hate raid with the spite golem loot. Was so loving wild. The forum Andy’s being like “omg server is RUINED” is just icing on the cake. :clint:

On a side note if anyone needs a guild consider joining faceless. I’ve known Kim, Zaide and mist of the officers for years. Stand up crew that will get stuff done if people follow directions. Also a lot of my OGC guildies from phinigel are there too. Dima refuses to play another TLP tho.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
If anyone is leveling a rogue hit up Kuzar in game. Got a Ravenscale Chestguard and Bloody Dirk with your name on them.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
Mana robe and trak guts dropped for us off an azerack in sky. This server is loving bananas.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It’s wild that people are raiding already. I’m excited to hopefully hit level 20 Druid tonight to get Tracking.

Still having an absolute blast! Nostalgia overload running around the Karanas. My only gripe so far is that Freeport looked weird.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Rallos posted:

Mana robe and trak guts dropped for us off an azerack in sky. This server is loving bananas.

You're one step closer to getting a bard epic while in Classic!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Rallos posted:

Hit level 50 today on my necro and managed to snag a halfling deputy mask for 6 krono. This is the most fun I’ve had in EQ in a long time. Can’t wait to see what sky has in store for us. I was in that hate raid with the spite golem loot. Was so loving wild. The forum Andy’s being like “omg server is RUINED” is just icing on the cake. :clint:

On a side note if anyone needs a guild consider joining faceless. I’ve known Kim, Zaide and mist of the officers for years. Stand up crew that will get stuff done if people follow directions. Also a lot of my OGC guildies from phinigel are there too. Dima refuses to play another TLP tho.

Are you on Mischief or Thornblade?

I've made it to level 23. I'm impressed you're 50 and raiding already.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

BGrifter posted:

It’s wild that people are raiding already. I’m excited to hopefully hit level 20 Druid tonight to get Tracking.

Still having an absolute blast! Nostalgia overload running around the Karanas. My only gripe so far is that Freeport looked weird.

The highlight of my SK's time on Selo was doing the Epic Request and getting to see old Freeport.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Kalas posted:

The highlight of my SK's time on Selo was doing the Epic Request and getting to see old Freeport.

I will be bitter about this forever. I hate the Prophecy of Ro Freeport. I hate it just as much now as I did back then.

You can also enter old North Freeport by using the Jade Tiger familiar and entering the current Jade Tiger Inn. If anyone has one of those for sale on Xegony, let me know!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BGrifter posted:

There is always someone with more time on their hands.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

RCarr posted:

There is always someone with more time on their hands.

I suspect they’re also a hell of a lot more efficient than I am. I’m definitely taking my time to enjoy the journey.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Malaria posted:

Are you on Mischief or Thornblade?

I've made it to level 23. I'm impressed you're 50 and raiding already.

I am on Mischief. :)

I had a static leveling group and we went pretty hard. If you watch twitch at all I was in Bobbybicks static so our whole leveling was on stream.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m amazed how fast people push to max level because that’s when the game immediately starts to get boring anytime I play.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

after a productive night of unrest im a 100 platinummaire, im rich bitch

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

until tomorrow when i blow it all on spells ugh

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Solarin posted:

Enchanter provides a ridiculous level of control to a group that nobody else can, plus tash, slows, and you are caster heavy so you gain a lot from not relying on clarity potions. You might value the safety that added control gives you.

I'd say make the enchanter in place of a mage and keep the bard if that's what you intend to main. I think with that group comp about 80% of your focus will be on the SK and the rest can be reduced to a assist and cast macro for basic grinding.

Coming back to this to say you were absolutely correct. I don't think I could have done half the dungeon stuff I've tried so far without the added control of the enchanter.

Anyone else using Multiplicity having issues with the driver PC getting double mouse-look rates sometimes? I end up having to adjust my sensitivity a bunch as it seems to fix itself when I reboot the game then show up again sometime later, I think it's if I zone with the driver PC without having the mouse active?

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

BGrifter posted:

I dinged 10 and memmed some random spell about wolf spirits I don’t think I’ll ever use.

wait what

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Movement speed increases are for children and cowards. Real Druids thorns up, root the target and tank it down with self healing like some kind of Halfling Fight Club. (Halfling Fight Club would actually be a pretty good guild name)

Dubious Druid solo strategies aside, I’m still having a blast on Mischief. Took a little time off at 20 to do the Testament of Vaneer and dipped into my true EQ passion, tradeskills, for as much as my meagre supply of plat could manage. Did some of the easy stuff like the first hundred points of Baking so I’m ready to make Rat Ear Pie for the Paw of Opolla in a few levels. :hellyeah:

Now I’m up to 23 and happily boppin along doing my thing. Levelling into the range for Bronze weapon drops helped my plat situation immensely. Not gonna worry about anything more than enough to comfortably cover spells and a little light crafting till I get closer to the cap.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

BGrifter posted:

Movement speed increases are for children and cowards. Real Druids thorns up, root the target and tank it down with self healing like some kind of Halfling Fight Club. (Halfling Fight Club would actually be a pretty good guild name)

Dubious Druid solo strategies aside, I’m still having a blast on Mischief. Took a little time off at 20 to do the Testament of Vaneer and dipped into my true EQ passion, tradeskills, for as much as my meagre supply of plat could manage. Did some of the easy stuff like the first hundred points of Baking so I’m ready to make Rat Ear Pie for the Paw of Opolla in a few levels. :hellyeah:

Now I’m up to 23 and happily boppin along doing my thing. Levelling into the range for Bronze weapon drops helped my plat situation immensely. Not gonna worry about anything more than enough to comfortably cover spells and a little light crafting till I get closer to the cap.

Rolled my first Druid on Mischief, currently level 28. Thanks for the ideas for quests to do, do you have any other ones I should look out for as a Druid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Apparition posted:

Rolled my first Druid on Mischief, currently level 28. Thanks for the ideas for quests to do, do you have any other ones I should look out for as a Druid?

Testament of Vanear and Paw of Opolla are the big two to my recollection. If you’re a Tunare worshipper there’s a quest for a clicky root necklace that I covet greatly. If you get the Bracers of Battle in Crushbone there’s a quest to turn those into 3wis shoulders.

If I remember any more I’ll post them.