Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Wonder what caused 'em to extend the PC/Mac maintenance another few hours.

edit: a shameful snipe, here, have a disturbed hireling

Howard Beale fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

The hireling letters are low key great.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I had one the other day that was just something like "Bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop,"

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Pacrooti is fantastic :3:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Holy poo poo I didn’t realize there were different ones for different skills. I guess I’ll have to go find more shards to get one for each of them.

I loved the saga of the two brothers for the Enchanting runes. :haw:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Man it sucks when two not-50s get matched with two 1200s and the 1200s just spring through and pull everything to the end while the newbies die and have to wait till combat ends at the same time the entire instance does and get no loot/EXP other than the random dungeon bonus

:smith:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
This happened to me this week except it was just the tank running ahead. I said “if you want to solo a dungeon just go solo it” and he called us all “low cp baddies”.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

a large part of playing mmo's for most people is having status over others because you've had more free time to play a video game make your numbers go up

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

cams posted:

a large part of playing mmo's for most people is having status over others because you've had more free time to play a video game make your numbers go up

Speaking of ... I got that new Sheogorath shrine house since my yearly subscription renewed and I didn't have a huge house yet. It it glorious! :swoon: Right at the base of the Red Mountain in Northern Vvardenfell and there's a ton of space and places to fall to your death into lava! And a GIANT SHEOGORATH!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Did you fill it with enough cheese for everyone?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
To be fair, the daily random dungeon gives (gave?) pretty decent loot, so you'll want to do it even if you've played since the start like.. 10 years ago?

If anyone wants to experience the story or do a few rando normals i'm up for it in a bit. I can sort of fill in as heals, but I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. Also the beers, but.. we'll be fine doing normals.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I play ESO through Steam, and own all of the other expansions, so if I want the collectors edition, buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Blackwood Collector's Edition Upgrade?

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I play ESO through Steam, and own all of the other expansions, so if I want the collectors edition, buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Blackwood Collector's Edition Upgrade?

Correct, and you'll have to buy through Steam. I'm unaware of any other third-party sellers offering Steam keys; they all seem to do just the Bethesda.net key which won't upgrade the Steam version.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Poe posted:

Correct, and you'll have to buy through Steam. I'm unaware of any other third-party sellers offering Steam keys; they all seem to do just the Bethesda.net key which won't upgrade the Steam version.
Are you certain about that? It won't show on steam as owned, but in game it should still show as owned. Admittedly the one time I did this it wasn't the upgrade but rather the full game key for Greymoor, but it shows up when I log in through steam.

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Are you certain about that? It won't show on steam as owned, but in game it should still show as owned. Admittedly the one time I did this it wasn't the upgrade but rather the full game key for Greymoor, but it shows up when I log in through steam.

I'm not sure at all now. That was how I heard it worked in the past but looking a few places it sounds like you can buy from wherever and register the key on the ESO account site, then login via Steam and have it.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Ort posted:

This happened to me this week except it was just the tank running ahead. I said “if you want to solo a dungeon just go solo it” and he called us all “low cp baddies”.

CP is still by far the worst thing about this game and the revamp made it worse not better. There is just way too much power gated behind CP and they have no interest in changing it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frustrated posted:

CP is still by far the worst thing about this game and the revamp made it worse not better. There is just way too much power gated behind CP and they have no interest in changing it.

Mechanics like this are just there to trick people, it's a carrot on a stick to make people pretend they are continually progressing their characters, which in turn keeps them playing. It helps replace actually interesting content.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I finally managed to figure out why I never got the 2fa login mails and now logged in for the first time since mid-Elswyr.
I have absolutely no clue what to do or where I left off. My main is a 50 CP 280 Necro and I found a lvl 45 Sorc in my character list.

How can I get back on my feet?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Start a new character do the tutorial.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Scyantific posted:

Start a new character do the tutorial.

thanks! good to see you are still around. I remember you helped me out quit a bit when I started.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Do I need to do the prologue to get into Blackwood or is there a separate quest to pickup for that?

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Lysandus posted:

Do I need to do the prologue to get into Blackwood or is there a separate quest to pickup for that?

I am pretty sure you can just warp to the new area to start the quest and don't need to do the prologue quest they released.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
That said the prologue quest does usually feature some foreshadowing and the opening plot beats for the story. Case in point, in Elsweyr's prologue, you see the dragons get free from their prison.

They're not very long, either.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I like em cuz it adds context and feels a bit more natural of a segue than my guy just waking up and going LEYAWIIN CALLS

Blackwood seems fine so far. Excited for companion and the dress up potential they hold. Haven’t done an Oblivion gate but so far the new zone is a zone. There’s stuff. It’s more TESO and if you like that you’ll like it.

Sixto Lezcano fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 1, 2021

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I put my companion in the same outfit I am in. We look great!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

OP pretty old. since you can have 5 guilds any random goon one out there?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Barreft posted:

OP pretty old. since you can have 5 guilds any random goon one out there?
There's one on PC-NA. If you post your username someone will invite you. It's not very active but if you ask something in chat someone will probably respond.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

So is the game still crashy as gently caress or have they figured that stuff out yet?(6 years in)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

So is the game still crashy as gently caress or have they figured that stuff out yet?(6 years in)

I think I've only had one crash and that was uh..pre-Elswyr?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

the panacea posted:

thanks! good to see you are still around. I remember you helped me out quit a bit when I started.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for me) I quit back in 2019 after a string of pretty brain-dead balance changes on top of the glaring performance issues. No intention on returning either (I found another game to consume my brainworms).

I just hang around the thread answering whatever questions I can and directing people to the discord for any other questions/guild invites.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
So they released a new zone? Or a new dungeon? Idk some streamer was playing ESO yesterday but there was the Wow launch so that was more exciting (watching people disconnect).

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
After sporadic game time since late January, and honestly a very underwhelming expac (Don't get me wrong, Leyawiin looks amazing, as does the rest of the Nibben basin/Blackwood forested area, at least when I scoped it out on PTS), which was the first I did not purchase since launch, I finally hit that great big uninstall button on my main PC. If you are new to the game, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of hours of things to do, and the base game alone is worth the :10bux: so basically ignore the sullied opinions of us old ones. If you like the Elder Scrolls universe, and don't mind some basic MMO trappings, go for it.

But...

If you are thinking about picking this game up for any type of competitive PVP or really any basic "end game" content, don't waste your time. Both are a total clusterfuck and the dev team is run by some of the most base smoothbrained dipshits possible. I have never seen a company that was more chickenshit about appealing to new players only and subscriber count vs long term player retention in my life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

busalover posted:

So they released a new zone? Or a new dungeon? Idk some streamer was playing ESO yesterday but there was the Wow launch so that was more exciting (watching people disconnect).

It's a new zone, with a new tutorial area, new dungeons, and a new trial. I did the trial last night with friends, and it was okay! A bit overwhelming, the bosses all throw a lot of adds and ground effects at you, and the trash mobs in some instances are actually harder than the bosses.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DoriDori240 posted:

After sporadic game time since late January, and honestly a very underwhelming expac (Don't get me wrong, Leyawiin looks amazing, as does the rest of the Nibben basin/Blackwood forested area, at least when I scoped it out on PTS), which was the first I did not purchase since launch, I finally hit that great big uninstall button on my main PC. If you are new to the game, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of hours of things to do, and the base game alone is worth the :10bux: so basically ignore the sullied opinions of us old ones. If you like the Elder Scrolls universe, and don't mind some basic MMO trappings, go for it.

But...

If you are thinking about picking this game up for any type of competitive PVP or really any basic "end game" content, don't waste your time. Both are a total clusterfuck and the dev team is run by some of the most base smoothbrained dipshits possible. I have never seen a company that was more chickenshit about appealing to new players only and subscriber count vs long term player retention in my life.

drat, last of the goon sweatlords finally kicks the bucket. Truly a day to remember.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
It's really cool how some of the conversations in the expansion's story are different if you are in the dark brotherhood.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ok after 4ish hours of futzing it seems the last few months of nvidia drivers for 980tis at least my evga model just do not play nice with eso flipped to a mid last year driver and haven’t had any issues since

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lysandus posted:

It's really cool how some of the conversations in the expansion's story are different if you are in the dark brotherhood.

Oh, that is really cool!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Haruharuharuko posted:

Ok after 4ish hours of futzing it seems the last few months of nvidia drivers for 980tis at least my evga model just do not play nice with eso flipped to a mid last year driver and haven’t had any issues since

Ha, I had the same issue with my 2060. ESO and various other games would bluescreen, which they have never done before. Rolled it back a few months and no problems.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm definitely running into some server lag later in the evening US eastern but so far Blackwood has been a very smooth launch by comparison to what I remember in previous launches of chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I am the person that plays for 20 hours once a year, forgets everything, and stares at 7 level 20+ characters at the login screen.