Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rip

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1394675546148253698?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat, even if the game wasn’t coming out until XMas I figured they have something…

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It hurts but I'm glad they just came out and said it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I guess they've been sitting on their hands for months. How can they not have news? No news sounds like no progress. Very strange.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

technically that could mean that the game will be out before e3

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They’ll announce a third game before Silksong is out

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

I guess they've been sitting on their hands for months. How can they not have news? No news sounds like no progress. Very strange.

It’s a small enough studio that if one of them got COVID or had similar pandemic complications the entire project could be stonewalled for months

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sirtommygunn posted:

It hurts but I'm glad they just came out and said it.

yeah same

Waltzing Along posted:

really hoping this is sarcasm

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s a small enough studio that if one of them got COVID or had similar pandemic complications the entire project could be stonewalled for months

Not even COVID necessarily. Its a small enough studio that months of progress may not be something they can show to the public yet.

Some of that "months of progress" may be changing boss patterns or balancing damage or fixing hitboxes; you can't really show that off without spoiling half the game and also spoiling a lot of the magic.

Maybe they spent some of that time working on a new enemy which after playtesting they decided wasn't fun and cut. So they can't show it.

There's a million possibilities.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I mean let's even consider the scenario that they're not working hard (they probably are but whatever). So what? They can release at whatever pace they feel like. There's no kickstarter or pre-order you're only torturing yourself by following it closely.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zaphod42 posted:

yeah same

really hoping this is sarcasm

I don't think SA has a sarcasm font.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nintendo’s saving the reveal for a future direct that’s later in the summer and not a part of E3.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cartoon Man posted:

Nintendo’s saving the reveal for a future direct that’s later in the decade and not a part of 2021.

FTFY

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I thought this game was nearly done like 3 years ago

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

It's a small enough studio that putting together promo materials and preparing a presentation could delay the project by weeks/months. Large studios have entire teams dedicated to marketing and going to the big expos.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's an absolute vapourware shitshow.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
They gave their E3 promo to Millibelle. Rookie mistake.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

Can someone good at gifs do the Absolute Radiance intro but it says this instead?

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
The kickstarter backers that donated just to reach the playable hornet stretch goal are going to be pissed.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cactus posted:

*vapourwave shitshoe :eng101:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Martman posted:

Can someone good at gifs do the Absolute Radiance intro but it says this instead?

:allears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This might appeal to people ITT

https://twitter.com/MrMorrisGames/status/1396044824931979266?s=20

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Love the graphics!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Volume Warning, someone uploaded a 1996-style video with maxed clipping. Very Professional.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm still waiting on Radio the Universe, a game that will never come out

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm still waiting on Radio the Universe, a game that will never come out

Radio the Universe has become the nuclear fusion of gaming, in that its been perpetually six months from release for nearly a decade

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

multijoe posted:

Radio the Universe has become the nuclear fusion of gaming, in that its been perpetually six months from release for nearly a decade

That's an apt comparison. I'd rather have it go super or sub critical, cause this reaction isn't doing it for me anymore.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hello! I'm playing this for the first time. I just beat the False knight and got the cool gently caress off spell and have made my way to a jungle zone, when my controller lost power and then I died in some evil water.

Game is good. Music is super awesome. Wish saves were more frequent as I find myself rarely having time for longer gaming sessions, but I'm into it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

External Organs posted:

Hello! I'm playing this for the first time. I just beat the False knight and got the cool gently caress off spell and have made my way to a jungle zone, when my controller lost power and then I died in some evil water.

Game is good. Music is super awesome. Wish saves were more frequent as I find myself rarely having time for longer gaming sessions, but I'm into it.

Welcome. Game is very very good. You have so much in store, the opening is downright simple and plain compared to the wonders that await you.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

External Organs posted:

I think you can exit the game anywhere and when you reload it just spawns you back at your last bench. This saved me a few times trying to navigate the puzzles with ~evil water~!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Psh but then I'd lose my geo!! As long as I don't start something new on my switch it should be cool...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I’m pretty sure it keeps the geo! It’s been a while, I’ll test it later.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yep, save/quit will keep all your progress and spawn you back at your latest bench. Not ideal for exploring but you do keep your geo and whatever cool stuff you found and your map stays filled in if you have the map for the area.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I should stop judging things on when I just randomly open a different switch game I guess! poo poo! Game is better already.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

The controller I use for my PC stopped working, so I started a new game of Hollow Knight on the Xbox, and man I'd forgotten how satisfying the early game is.
Edit: Also how hard it is! poo poo, I thought I was good at this game, turns out I was just stubborn and had a lot of charms

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 23, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Had a little more time to play today. Ventured further into Greenpath, can't get enough of the music here. Found a bench and found Cornifer, that humming mapmaking chipmunk of a bug.

Kept running into another bug looking fella who, I'm pretty sure is the protagonist of the sequel y'all are waiting for. I somehow found my way into a dope looking Fog Cavern place, heard Cornifer but couldn't reach him as a spectral black shimmery wall seemed to divide us....I'm sure Greenpath is probably where I'm supposed to be.

Then my baby woke up and now I am no longer playing.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Silksong is a collective dream we share; it is not made manifest by just belief alone and might never exist.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
E3 in 2 weeks. Silksong when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Silksong is a collective dream we share; it is not made manifest by just belief alone and might never exist.

Check out this fool, or maybe not even a fool, who hasn't yet unlocked Hornet mode in Godhome