Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Real keen if you can swing this, the SEAd vs Stardom match has this feeling for me and it's my women's MOTY so far, so keen to see more Citrus Wind especially against Asuka

Makoto was really good in it too. I went in thinking the match would be three of the best women's wrestlers in the world and Makoto but she shut me up by being the MVP of the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tospo_prores/status/1397501805697720323?s=19

Meiko has officially moved to the UK.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Goondolences

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This is probably answered in a bunch of places but I'm lazy: what's the best way to keep up with SEAdLINNNG? Do they have a subscription service? Do they just do ppv?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lamuella posted:

This is probably answered in a bunch of places but I'm lazy: what's the best way to keep up with SEAdLINNNG? Do they have a subscription service? Do they just do ppv?

Only PPV with their Korakuens sometimes being on TV. The PPVs are pretty expensive at ¥3000 a pop but the western fanbase tend to have watch parties on caracal (not that I condone piracy)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1397492751474696194?s=19

NEO Biishiki-gun's online autograph signing has been delayed because they were "distracted by the beauty of the setting sun"

You can see that every drat day. What the heck, yo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Serena Deeb vs. Riho was just leaked as being on the buy-in for Double or Nothing, so Riho is not the mystery competitor at CyberFest.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

So Reika is still in play!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Speaking of mystery competitors, GLEAT X was Michiko Miyagi (fka Cassandra, Andras).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Speaking of mystery competitors, GLEAT X was Michiko Miyagi (fka Cassandra, Andras).

I need to watch more GLEAT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Their YouTube channel is a pro follow

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

TV Zombie posted:

So Reika is still in play!

I would have a hard time imagining Reika coming back to wrestling but not appearing on the Hana memorial show so I don't see it.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Looks like the upcoming TJPW X is an all-new debut: trainee Kaya Toribami.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1397780097415868422

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Looks like the upcoming TJPW X is an all-new debut: trainee Kaya Toribami.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1397780097415868422
Very excited for Ensign Falcon

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Bird vs Bee

Cat vs Bird

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've been making it a point now to catch JTO Girls shows when they pop up. Its a roster of unknown(to me anyway) women of varying skillsets. The younger ones all wrestle like TAKA Michinoku(which makes sense). Its just funny seeing someone in a tutu do one of TAKA's armlock to takedown sequences. Aki Shizuku & Yuu Yamagata appear the vets of the company. I'm not really familiar with either by name or memorable match.

this is the first card I watched:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=312057&page=2
-I took and immediate shining to the younger one named 'rhythm' She's got the kind of sassy confidence that I like to see. Plus she's in incredible shape. Jade Cargill grade. Wears a mask like Bandido. Pretty sweet design.
-commentary is TAKA and some guy he roped in at the last minute

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=311972&page=2
-commentary is TAKA and Tomoka Inaba, who is one the rookies in the main event. It looks like TAKA getting intensely nerdy about wrestling while she starts to get vaguely more interested with each match.
-TAKA calls his own exhibition match against JTO's younger wrestler, Aoi.
-there are ranking matches. TAKA explained what the ranking meant but I didn't understand because my japanese is super limited. I guess there's a title or something that hasn't been established yet.
-Misa Kagura vs. Black Changita is a fuckin war.
-rhythm vs. YuuRI also extremely fierce. Both matches were total rookie on rookie violence. They took care not to directly target the spine, which meant their training was competent.
-the ranking matches also have points deducted for rope escapes. I think they said if you lose 3, you lose the match?
-main event is some rookies vs vets violence. Real awkward moments in the booth.

I like women's wrestling, I like TAKA matches. This is a great fuckin deal. The presentation is closer to what I liked out of Stardom's just straight athletic wrestling before they started towards the more idol based presentation that got them on TV.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Being number one in the rankings gets you a shot at the King (TAKA) or Queen (Aki Shizuku) of JTO.

They've got a show tomorrow main evented by Minoru Suzuki & Aki Shizuku vs Tomoka Inaba & TAKA. Inaba called out Suzuki at their first ever show and she's been needling him ever since.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I finally have Wrestle Universe as I said in the That's J-PW thread, so I would like some recommendations for some cracking good TJPW matches that I might have missed! I did watch Hyper Misao/Jun Kasai and that was fantastic, and I saw a few matches from the Yes! Wonderland 2021 show (namely the Neo Biishiki-Gun match and the one where Maki Itoh tagged against the girl from Nogizaka 46). The Wrestle Universe interface is butt, however it is something I can get around.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Auritech posted:

I finally have Wrestle Universe as I said in the That's J-PW thread, so I would like some recommendations for some cracking good TJPW matches that I might have missed! I did watch Hyper Misao/Jun Kasai and that was fantastic, and I saw a few matches from the Yes! Wonderland 2021 show (namely the Neo Biishiki-Gun match and the one where Maki Itoh tagged against the girl from Nogizaka 46). The Wrestle Universe interface is butt, however it is something I can get around.

Wrestle Princess 2020 is one of the best shows they ever did

quote:

Tag Team Match
Mei Suruga & Moka Miyamoto vs. Sena Shiori & Suzume

Tag Team Match
Haruna Neko & Marika Kobashi vs. Mahiro Kiryu & Pom Harajuku

International Princess Title Tournament Semi Final Match
Hikari Noa vs. Mirai Maiumi

International Princess Title Tournament Semi Final Match
Shoko Nakajima vs. Yuki Kamifuku

Singles Match
Yuna Manase vs. Raku

Wrestle Princess Switching Random Rules Match
Saki Akai vs. Hyper Misao

Tag Team Match
Aja Kong & Miyu Yamashita vs. Maki Ito & Sareee

International Princess Title Tournament Final Match (vakant)
[redacted] vs. [redacted]

Princess Tag Team Title Match
Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi (c) vs. BAKURETSU Sisters (Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino)

Princess Of Princess Title Match
Yuka Sakazaki (c) vs. Mizuki

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/9215

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 28, 2021

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Auritech posted:

Honestly you can watch the rest of Yes! Wonderland, it was great.

If you change your search terms into Japanese, you can search fine.

The 1/4 Korakuen hall has a great match with Itoh/Yamashita, and a pretty good main event if botches don't ruin things for you. Also, Still Incomplete from 4/17 had some barnburners, including Itoh/Tatsumi and Noa/Yamashita

Not strictly TJPW, but on the Kawasaki Strong show from DDT (2/14) there was a great 3 on 3 match that involved Itoh and Mirai Maiumi, and it is definitely worth watching.

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 28, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Another thing to do is look for the threads for the shows (filter by the Joshi tag) because someone is usually posting the live translation tweet threads and that makes following the shows easier.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I can understand Japanese (just ask anyone who was there the night I was trying to explain about Cavauro to Toru Yano), but the search engine is really strict. It won't use hiragana search terms for katakana results like most web search does or fuzzy search at all (for example, ケニーオメガ will not get you any Kenny Omega, nor will his name in romaji, but ケニー・オメガ does).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions so far!! I'll be watching Wrestle Princess soon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the search is balls because very few of the shows are broken up into matches. If you can understand japanese, that's great because a lot of the charm is from the wrestlers bantering. Also Raku's mastery over time and space.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If I don't speak Japanese how will I find out what the train of the day is?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This account does live translations of the TJPW shows (and other DDT stuff): https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

If I don't speak Japanese how will I find out what the train of the day is?
DDT's officially sanctioned english live translator:
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng
use twitter's awful search engine to find the thread for the show you're watching

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/nk147cm/status/1398285027482296320

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Auritech posted:

I can understand Japanese (just ask anyone who was there the night I was trying to explain about Cavauro to Toru Yano)

wait

what

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Oh good, if you understand Japanese then I can recommend 2018's UP UP TOKYO JOSHI (Pro-Wrestling) (Placeholder): EVERYONE UPPER KICK TOGETHER! in good conscience

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/4208

This was a special show they did in collaboration with the Up Up Girls (Pro-Wrestling)'s sister idol group, the main Up Up Girls (Placeholder). It includes feature singles matches for each of the then-new UUG (including the fourth, Pinano Pipipipi, who went by Hinano at the time), an incredibly inspiring match from Nodoka Oneesan (the current Nodoka Tenma in her old children's show host gimmick), and Sakisama and Azusa Christie honoring two Up Up Girls for also being named Saki and Azusa

Also if you liked Hyper Misao in her Jun Kasai match, her Neo Biishiki-gun arc is pretty much my favorite wrestling storyline ever and it starts off with 2/23/2019's "Be Updated to The Future, The Future, The Future": https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/5732 (The Hyper Misao and Sakisama matches in particular)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Hyper Misao "retirement" ceremony is an emotional rollercoaster. I don't have the link for it but its great. The noise the wrestlers around the ring make when she swerves everyone on the retirement and gets married instead was pure joy.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

coconono posted:

The Hyper Misao "retirement" ceremony is an emotional rollercoaster. I don't have the link for it but its great. The noise the wrestlers around the ring make when she swerves everyone on the retirement and gets married instead was pure joy.

Oh yeah, if this wasn't your MOTY for 2020, then I understand, but you should know you're being very disrespectful to love and also to justice

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

It was a thing that definitely happened, unfortunately I was super drunk by that point so I don't remember anything I said to him but there are witnesses and this photographic proof.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I’m glad cav came home

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

A father and his daughter. That’s nice

https://twitter.com/easternlariat/status/1398134729141108737?s=21

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Every time Onita does anything it's the coolest anything.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yo, Suzu vs Rina Yamashita in an exploding something or other death match would slap.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Onita befriending people and teaching them the secrets of exploding poo poo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"If you can dodge an explosion, you can dodge a clothesline!" *Onita throws grenade*

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Onita got spooked by Mox and company loving up that he decided he needed to figure out his own succession plan.

And drat, I'm glad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ZERO1 has started a women's division and they plan to debut this poor girl against Aja Kong tomorrow

https://twitter.com/ZERO1_Wrestling/status/1398405642453360642?s=19