Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

:hfive:

It's drat good.

I guess CaptainBeerfart was taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

petit choux posted:

I guess CaptainBeerfart was taken

I'm more interested in bee farts.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Rolo posted:

Also the idea of not having my dust cover on 24/7 scares me. My building is new, I have no pets but it’s duuuusty.

Yeah, same. No pets have access to the music room and there's not much dust, but I occasionally smoke weed in there and I'm paranoid (:2bong:) about it affecting my turntable, haha.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Rolo posted:

Silversun Pickups is having a limited black/white press of their Carnavas album.

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/silversun_pickups-carnavas_exclusive_2lp?variant=39851993235636

Limited whatever aside, I’m just glad to have the album re-release. I listened to it so much when it came out.

ohhh they have Swoon too for pre-order which is my fav album thanks for the heads up!!

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
Man, I went back and looked through Newbury's catalog and just emailed their customer service to cancel my second order, as I replaced it and threw in Talon of the Hawk by the Front Bottoms. I've wanted it forever, it's pretty, I want it. I have a problem. If you guys haven't heard of them and might like their weird kind of sort-of-punk rock, please check them out. They're my favorite band. Someone once described them as invoking a kind of melancholic nostalgia and like wearing Underoos, and I think that's accurate.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Free codes:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

dorium posted:

Free codes:

Thanks. Grabbed the OSEES

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Recommendations for an anti-static brush? I have cats and carpeting, which means my turntable is a giant static magnet. Right now the easiest way to get rid of static is having the records take a dip in the Spin Clean, whether they're dirty or not. Looking for something a bit simpler and with less fluids.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ballz posted:

Looking for something a bit simpler and with less fluids.
but enough about my sex life

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

Ballz posted:

Recommendations for an anti-static brush? I have cats and carpeting, which means my turntable is a giant static magnet. Right now the easiest way to get rid of static is having the records take a dip in the Spin Clean, whether they're dirty or not. Looking for something a bit simpler and with less fluids.

I use this Boundless one and it works well. If you hate money go for a Zerostat.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

bigman.50grand posted:

I use this Boundless one and it works well. If you hate money go for a Zerostat.

I use a brush like that and it's very effective. I also have a dog that sheds like it's a hobby so I can definitely recommend it to someone who has animals that get hair all over the place.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/lightintheattic/status/1398444565040746497?s=20

Big CPL energy even though they paid for a VG+

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

LISTEN I WAS EXCITED ABOUT FINALLY OWNING A COPY OF NO NEW YORK AND WAS HYPED THAT I GOT IT SO CHEAP AND I IGNORED THE VOICE IN MY HEAD THAT WAS SAYING "IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.", OKAY?

I laughed pretty hard at your post.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
jesus that's nasty

beeker
Dec 17, 2006

meep meep!

Ah yes, the “NM” copy of Hot Rats I purchased where the sleeve is falling apart at the seams and the record is scratched to all hell. Adds to the Zappa aesthetic though!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

beeker posted:

Ah yes, the “NM” copy of Hot Rats I purchased where the sleeve is falling apart at the seams and the record is scratched to all hell. Adds to the Zappa aesthetic though!

Oof. That hurts just reading it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

Oof. That hurts just reading it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Yeah that’s about right:

Ballz posted:

Here's that VG+ record sold to me on Discogs:

I knew I was in trouble when I opened the box and the first thing that greeted me was this letter:

Actually I take it back, I knew I was in trouble when I saw the records were mailed in this (which is the same packaging they want me to return it in):

They didn't draw anything cool on it like that other poster showed off, but they did also tape this on the back of it, I guess as "added protection." No idea if they want this returned with the record too:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

CornHolio posted:

I'm done adding everything to my discogs collection.

https://www.discogs.com/user/shivan000/collection

My stuff plus the stuff I got from my mom. Neat to see a counterfeit Beatles album.

Which one is the counterfeit?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Seeing "NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD OR BEEN TOLD HOW IT WORKS" in all caps in reference to anything is always a good sign.

beeker
Dec 17, 2006

meep meep!
“seventh largest city in the united states” is also a super weird flex that radiates boomer energy

Y2KayBug
Feb 26, 2021
Hey everyone! I just pre-order this baby

https://youtu.be/TlXR_-EQj0w

Click here to visit Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe A Nostalgic Y2K Community Forum

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm in the largest city in the united states (that doesn't have a professional sports team in any of the four major leagues)

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

This record store near me that usually has a really bland selection of dad rock and modern pop albums just got this crazy rear end collection in. Stuff like Butthole Surfers, Lydia Lunch, Snakefinger, Psychic TV, and just various punk and noise rock bands. And I'm already broke for the month. He never has poo poo like this. Ever. PLUS he's doing a 20% off sale today so that poo poo is 100% picked over by now.

:negative:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

When the hell is my Disco Elysium OST 3XLP going to arrive?! Getting real impatient.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hexwren posted:

I'm in the largest city in the united states (that doesn't have a professional sports team in any of the four major leagues)

How’s the weather in Sheboygan?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

probably better than it is here

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BigFactory posted:

How’s the weather in Sheboygan?

Fool! He's in Minnetonka!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Y2KayBug posted:

Hey everyone! I just pre-order this baby

https://youtu.be/TlXR_-EQj0w

Expecting great things from the same record label that (hopefully) brought us Pikachu Noticed the Weed.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Vinly: the only way to listen to mid '90s MIDI. :v:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Vinly: the only way to listen to mid '90s MIDI. :v:

All of your posting through out the years makes me think that we should be friends. Come get me.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Mister Kingdom posted:

Which one is the counterfeit?

Songs and Pictures of the Fabulous Beatles. I think Discogs put it as 'Introducing... The Beatles' for some reason, and if you go to 'all versions' it ships you to Please Please me for some reason. But anyway, mine has an entirely black and white label on the disc and I'm pretty certain that marks it as a counterfeit.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I just took another look at the June RSD drop list and oof, this might be the first RSD in several years that's gonna really give my wallet a beating. Two of the three Mochilla Timeless concerts and Slum Village's Fantastic Vol. 2. All are double LPs so who knows what ridiculous markup we're looking at here.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

All of your posting through out the years makes me think that we should be friends. Come get me.
Shot ya a message on Discord 'cause I don't have plat. :toot:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Shot ya a message on Discord 'cause I don't have plat. :toot:

I responded to the thing with some stuff. Go look at it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got my Rilo Kiley album shipped direct from Saddle Creek Records where the album was originally recorded. They hand-wrote me a thank you note and threw in some band stickers.

Kickass purchase experience.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Saddle Creek is a local label, and they do indeed kick rear end.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
don't saddle creek run VMP as well?

edit: I'm implying by this they only PARTIALLY kick rear end, VMP started out great and then...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Weird, I had to look that up and Saddle Creek Logistics handles the VMP distribution, but they are an unrelated company out of Florida.

https://www.sclogistics.com/about-us/

Saddle Creek Records is based out of Omaha and has no connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yea the Saddle Creek most people talk about is a Logistics and Distribution center that does product handling and delivery for many companies and bands.

They largely suck.