Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Sydin posted:

Mel loving loves bread, she loses her mind when I make chicken sandwiches because she gets pieces of bread AND chicken thrown her way!

You're supposed to be an obligate carnivore you stupid cat, why do you like sourdough so much?

Porch kitty loves french fries. Like potatoes. I haven't tested but he likes when I extra salt them

Edit: Bad snipe.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

nunsexmonkrock posted:

If it was broccoli I would not have assumed it was safe. Our black kitty loves broccoli!

Our black kitty too!?! And spinach!

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I've always thought of my black cat as a "food is fuel" kinda fitness buff in a former life. He'll only eat his chicken cat food and nothing else. He will not even eat actual chicken, or cat treats.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Facebook Aunt posted:

As a kid I tore off a piece of my cheese sandwich for my cat. He very carefully disassembled it, ate the bread and left the cheese. Not a fan of Kraft Singles.

Smart cat. Kraft Singles are one of the grossest foods I can think of! (No offense to Kraft Singles lovers.)

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Kimchi will try anything, she once took a bite out of a piece of cucumber and regretted it instantly. Thankfully she's not as good at parkour as Katya (yet?) so it's pretty much a non-issue.
Katya has calmed down a lot from the days she would pull an entire (vegetarian) lasagna out of the oven or found our left-over spanish tortilla, we just can't leave meat/fish/bread/dairy unattended.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Smart cat. Kraft Singles are one of the grossest foods I can think of! (No offense to Kraft Singles lovers.)

fun fact: our version of kraft singles is called "american slices" and I feel like that about covers it.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
The past two weeks have been a nightmare....

We just moved into a new house, and a few days after the big move my little Siamese, Daenerys, came out from under the couch where she hides a lot so I snatched her up....and was immediately grossed out that I got a really smelly fluid on my hand. We caught her again and looked and it seemed like an abscess or something on her belly (2 of them actually).

Going to the emergency vet, the doc took a look at her for just a minute and came out to say, "These are definitely mammary tumors." There was nothing he could really do, nor any real urgency to do so at the expensive-as-gently caress e-vet, he said just take her to her normal vet in the morning.

We did and she confirmed and found another one under her armpit. She got antibiotics for a secondary skin infection as they had broken the skin and begun to suppurate. They took a needle aspiration (which looked fine), some films, and blood was sent off to a lab. They thought they saw a shadow on the chest film, so that was sent off to an external radiologist.

At that point we're thinking the worst: This is cancer, very advanced, and it has metastasized to something in her chest cavity. Let's wait for results to plan, as even if we remove these, it's a band-aid over a bullet wound if it has spread to the lungs or something (which it often does).

The radiologist said nope, it looks fine, no mets. The blood work came back absolutely perfect, so we scheduled surgery for this morning to remove the entire mammary chain and that armpit lymph node (we assumed). Continue antibiotics in the meantime.

Today we brought her in.....and she probably doesn't have cancer. We had noticed the skin was healing and the size of the masses had decreased considerably, but the doctor saw this and called immediately. This is not typical of mammary tumors, especially not that much of a change with nothing but antibiotics. We could still remove them anyway and send off to pathology to be sure, but we could also be more conservative and spare her a really traumatic surgery and long, difficult recovery. Surgery would be iffy, since the swelling being this far down means the usual markers aren't really there as a guide to get clean margins.

We opted for plan B. She's already under anesthesia, so they're going to just fix up her skin and remove the mats and junk. We'll keep her bread e-collar on (see image below :3:) and take home some meds and monitor. If they continue to resolve on their own, maybe it was just a localized infection in the mammary chain, a cyst, etc. If they don't go away or recur, then we go back to the original plan.

No huge incisions, no having to keep her in a crate, no overnight hospitalization. I can go get her in a couple hours :unsmith:

I can't describe the relief that this might turn out to be (almost) nothing. My wife and I have just had the worst luck over the last decade where out of nowhere one of our cats has a sudden problem that turns out to be terminal. Not 100% out of the woods, but this is probably the best scenario we could have hoped for.

EDIT: Coincidentally, today is also Rexie's 5th Gotcha Day. I can't believe we've had her for that long.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Quick question about Soft Claws/Paws!

I just moved across the country with my two furbutts Pia(orange tabby) and Butter(tortie)

We used Feliway in their carriers while we drove from Boston to Madison, Wisconsin, and it seemed to calm them down decently. My partner and I are in a sublet, fully furnished, and our girls have scratched up a bit of the provided furniture(nothing TOO bad, but will have to deal with that with the owner when he gets back, eek).

Looking up some stuff on google, Feliway says that it can help with inappropriate scratching, but I'm also seeing a bunch about the Soft Claws/Paws products. Pia and Butter are both 6 years old, have only had their nails trimmed at the vet, and never worn these products before. Do they have to get used to them as kittens, or are they cool to use now, even if they've never had them before?

We thought we packed the nail trimmers(that we bought a year ago and never used...) with us, but they are in storage, so we're probably going to buy another set. But I'm contemplating getting these claw covers as another method to help the furniture not get destroyed, as it's nice furniture. Any success stories/tips/tricks? :cabot:

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 27, 2021

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
My friends started using them on their adult cat and he was fine. If they're used to having their feet handled for claw trimmings they'll probably adjust after a few days of weird walking. You clip off the tips of the claws and then stick them on with a little bit of glue. They fall off naturally as the claw grows. As a bonus you can get pretty colors and give them a pawdicure :3:

We haven't used them for our cats because they've been pretty good about only using claw pads and scratching posts but they were fun for previous cats

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
Has anyone used a large rubbermaid/tupperware push button air tight sealing thingy food storage bin for cat waste? I like the idea of a litter genie but would like to use grocery bags or cheaper plastic bags instead of the expensive litter genie refills.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

One of my fine young men has made a habit of specifically drinking water out of dripping faucets. I’m wondering if he may enjoy a cat fountain or if the thrill is all in getting it from sinks. Does anyone have a successful cat fountain in their home?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

broken pixel posted:

One of my fine young men has made a habit of specifically drinking water out of dripping faucets. I’m wondering if he may enjoy a cat fountain or if the thrill is all in getting it from sinks. Does anyone have a successful cat fountain in their home?

Not in my personal home, but the shelter office has a fountain for the half dozen office cats and it's quite popular.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I'm worried about my cat!

I took Betty to the vet on Tuesday. They sedated her (she is quite a jerk at the vet), gave her a haircut, and gave her two vaccines: rabies and FVRCP.

She was zonked out Tuesday/Wednesday. Thursday morning she seemed relatively normal. A little limp on the back leg where I assume the rabies shot was given.

Thursday I came home from work and she is really limping, favoring one of her front legs. I assume she may have jumped off of something and tweaked it? She is able to put some weight on it as far as I can tell. I'm off of work today and she is literally only sleeping, with occasional (like 3) breaks to limp to the bowl and eat a little (maybe 25% of normal intake) or go to the litter box. She's moving extremely slowly and just looks sad. Still purring when I scritch her in the right spots, though.

Is it possible she is still feeling side effects from the vaccines, three days later? I just feel like it's weird she seemed okay Thursday morning and is now sleeping 24/7.

Cat Tax:

spinst fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 29, 2021

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

spinst posted:

I took Betty to the vet on Tuesday. They sedated her (she is quite a jerk at the vet), gave her a haircut, and gave her two vaccines: rabies and FVRCP.

She was zonked out Tuesday/Wednesday. Thursday morning she seemed relatively normal. A little limp on the back leg where I assume the rabies shot was given.

Thursday I came home from work and she is really limping, favoring one of her front legs. I assume she may have jumped off of something and tweaked it? She is able to put some weight on it as far as I can tell. I'm off of work today and she is literally only sleeping, with occasional (like 3) breaks to limp to the bowl and eat a little (maybe 25% of normal intake) or go to the litter box. She's moving extremely slowly and just looks sad. Still purring when I scritch her in the right spots, though.

Is it possible she is still feeling side effects from the vaccines, three days later? I just feel like it's weird she seemed okay Thursday morning and is now sleeping 24/7.

Cat Tax:

She’s probably just feeling upset from the vet still.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

broken pixel posted:

My cats have all loved it, and they drink more water when they have a fountain than when they have a regular bowl.

One word of advice, though: Don't keep the fountain next to the food bowl if your cats free feed. They will inevitably get food into the fountain and it will get all gross and soggy and you'll have to clean the filters and/or the pump and you will hate it.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

spinst posted:

Cat Tax:

How old is she? Had something similar with one my cats (19 at the time) that turned out to be an arthritic infection--she went from walking normally in the morning and by the evening she was severely limping and the next day she would barely move. As a heads up, if this is what it is, it's going to require surgery (and likely an x-ray to diagnose) and you need to get her looked at ASAP.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Melomane Mallet posted:

How old is she? Had something similar with one my cats (19 at the time) that turned out to be an arthritic infection--she went from walking normally in the morning and by the evening she was severely limping and the next day she would barely move. As a heads up, if this is what it is, it's going to require surgery (and likely an x-ray to diagnose) and you need to get her looked at ASAP.

She just turned 7. I'll keep that in mind - if she's not looking a better by when the vet reopens on Tuesday I will be taking her in for sure.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

spinst posted:

She just turned 7. I'll keep that in mind - if she's not looking a better by when the vet reopens on Tuesday I will be taking her in for sure.

Might be a little young for an arthritic infection, but if she stops eating/drinking entirely before Tuesday, see where your nearest animal ER is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is me fretting and you tell me to calm down and just listen to the vet.

Yesterday morning, this guy:

Started having trouble peeing. The typical in and out of the box and spending a lot of time in there, but not licking and otherwise seems normal (normal enough to attack the dog). I’ve been through this rodeo with my last cat. I called my regular vet and they had a 10:30 they could get me in, but said it would be better to go to the ER immediately, so I did that. The ER took him in, gave a quick exam, and brought him right back saying there wasn’t a blockage, but they were full and couldn’t admit him. So we go to the regular vet. She confirms this, also noting that there’s no fecal impaction, and his bladder was small and no pain, all of which is good. He pooped on the way over there, and seemed to have peed at some point, as well. Anyway, the vet says it seems like it might be a stress thing, but there’s really nothing that’s changed - same food, same people, etc. She gives him a shot of Onsior, and sends us home with some Prazosin and Buprenex. Get home and he seems fine, and falls asleep with me on the couch, and I get along with the rest of my day (which wasn’t much as I was off, anyway. The evening goes along, and he still seems to be having some trouble, but I figured that was expected. So he comes into the bedroom just as we’re getting to sleep, pops a squat and squeezes out just enough pee to get through the top sheet and barely spot the fitted sheet. Which my partner had just washed. At this point, I put him and his brother:

In our office where their stuff is for the night, as well as setting a motion camera facing the box. It seemed like he tried to use it for a bit, then stopped and went to sleep, since there was no motion overnight (though it has a tendency to lose connection). Anyway, I get up and check on him, and he seems okay, so I let them out. He heads downstairs for morning treats, which he was very excited for, until I give them to them, and he’s not very interested, but notably this was a brand new package of a different type, so it’s possible he just didn’t like them. I go upstairs and give him some wet food since that makes giving the pill easy, and he’s happy enough with that. At this point he’s back to the box. Not getting much out, but it’s something. He also goes and pees on the bed again, but less than last night (but it may be because I quickly caught him). I decide they are going to spend the weekend in the office and call the emergency vet (as I learned, my vet no longer has Saturday hours). Told them what was up, and they suggested just monitoring him, and if he gets worse to bring him in, since the meds need time to kick in.

As of now, he’s still not peeing much, but trying. The most I’ve seen looked like maybe two tablespoons after being absorbed by the litter. It doesn’t look bloody as best I can tell. He otherwise seems totally fine, though I haven’t fed them yet.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Are vets super slammed all the time or is it just Portland? I cancelled my Banfield plan allowing free office visits because I could never book one without a couple weeks' notice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was actually surprised I was able to get into my regular vet same-day. In 13 years going to them, I think I’ve been able to do that like twice.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Are vets super slammed all the time or is it just Portland? I cancelled my Banfield plan allowing free office visits because I could never book one without a couple weeks' notice.

Someone told me a couple vet clinics in Portland shut down at the beginning of COVID and that’s part of why it’s so slammed? I moved here recently and was surprised how long it took to set up an exam. My friends in LA don’t seem to be having this problem?

EDIT: Scratch that, just talked to a friend in OC and their vets are slammed too. Are there that many more pet owners post COVID?

Crocobile fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 30, 2021

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Could it be dehydration? Try scrubbing out the water bowls, sometimes there's an invisible odor or taste that can put them off it. Wet food will at least provide some moisture.

If you do go into the vet again you can ask them to do subdermal fluids (and temporarily turn your cat into a camel)

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Argh James got into my pantry and went right for my salami. Again. Because I didn't close the pantry and engage the child safety lock. That I installed to stop James getting into the pantry and eating my salami, so that I could start buying salami again.

:doh:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

spinst posted:

Cat Tax:

Cat status: Definitely more mobile, drinking more water, eating a tiny bit. Seems less depressed. But she hasn't pooped in awhile. :/

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Mighty bug hunters

Smack in the middle of the brood X cicadas
These guys love to watch the derpy bugs derp around.
They haven't tried to eat any yet

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I'm a bit worried about Jackie... Not too worried, but a little worried.

The last week or so she had started making some unusual sounds as if she maybe had a cold, or was a bit stuffed up, or had some bad taste in her mouth and was licking her lips a lot. This eventually turned into her making a lot of gagging/vomit sounds, like she was throwing something up or having a hairball, but she never threw up much more than foam, except on one occasion.

She's been eating and drinking and pooping/peeing like normal, and doesn't seem to be in any sort of pain or behaving abnormally otherwise, so I haven't taken her to the vet yet. I think it might have to do with heavy amounts of pollen - my roommate who has three cats and have lived here much longer says this could be the case, that it gets very bad this season and cats react like this to it.

I'm not entirely sure - I don't think taking her to the vet is really warranted yet, but if this doesn't abate in a few days or improve I probably will.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

kaworu posted:

I'm a bit worried about Jackie... Not too worried, but a little worried.

The last week or so she had started making some unusual sounds as if she maybe had a cold, or was a bit stuffed up, or had some bad taste in her mouth and was licking her lips a lot. This eventually turned into her making a lot of gagging/vomit sounds, like she was throwing something up or having a hairball, but she never threw up much more than foam, except on one occasion.

She's been eating and drinking and pooping/peeing like normal, and doesn't seem to be in any sort of pain or behaving abnormally otherwise, so I haven't taken her to the vet yet. I think it might have to do with heavy amounts of pollen - my roommate who has three cats and have lived here much longer says this could be the case, that it gets very bad this season and cats react like this to it.

I'm not entirely sure - I don't think taking her to the vet is really warranted yet, but if this doesn't abate in a few days or improve I probably will.

One of my cats, Calabraxas the Bloodsworn, acts like this when he has a hairball he has difficulty getting out. He likes to eat his brother's, much longer and finer, fur sheddings and he doesn't deal with those hairballs well at all.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Devorum posted:

One of my cats, Calabraxas the Bloodsworn, acts like this when he has a hairball he has difficulty getting out. He likes to eat his brother's, much longer and finer, fur sheddings and he doesn't deal with those hairballs well at all.

This might actually make a lot of sense - Jackie's been living with the 3 other aforementioned cats (after 10 years of being an only cat), so it could definitely be something like that. The Mini-Scratcher, a young semi-feral we adopted about 6 months ago, has been her constant companion for a while now and they have been grooming one another on occasion lately.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Cats coughing (or wheezing from asthma) sounds a LOT like trying to throw up a hairball and is very easily mistaken for it if you aren't expecting it. Could it be that?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

last year we found a cat and a litter of kitten, the mom likely being an abused drop-off given her temperament. my mom kept the momma cat and two of the kittens while i kept one kitten, and they are all doing great.

this week we found another momma cat and a pair of kittens, this time the mom being very clearly completely feral; we had to trap her as we could by no means approach her. we're doing a tnr with her because i think she will be happier that way, and we're going to adopt out the two kittens. we're gonna try and make sure we adopt them out as a pair. no pictures yet because we are trying to leave them alone as much as possible, as our presence is very clearly freaking the mom out a lot. we put them in the spare bathroom and are going to keep them there for a good while. we don't want to put them back outside because there are coyotes that are literally in our front yard some nights, mere feet from where we found them.

that said, how do we best socialize the kittens in this situation? they look to be 3, maybe 4 weeks old. we're trying to not stress the mom out as much as possible but i also know that if you wait too long, it becomes a lot harder to socialize kittens with people. we called around to see if there was a place that could take them, but the best we found was a place that spays and neuters feral cats really cheap.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

last year we found a cat and a litter of kitten, the mom likely being an abused drop-off given her temperament. my mom kept the momma cat and two of the kittens while i kept one kitten, and they are all doing great.

this week we found another momma cat and a pair of kittens, this time the mom being very clearly completely feral; we had to trap her as we could by no means approach her. we're doing a tnr with her because i think she will be happier that way, and we're going to adopt out the two kittens. we're gonna try and make sure we adopt them out as a pair. no pictures yet because we are trying to leave them alone as much as possible, as our presence is very clearly freaking the mom out a lot. we put them in the spare bathroom and are going to keep them there for a good while. we don't want to put them back outside because there are coyotes that are literally in our front yard some nights, mere feet from where we found them.

that said, how do we best socialize the kittens in this situation? they look to be 3, maybe 4 weeks old. we're trying to not stress the mom out as much as possible but i also know that if you wait too long, it becomes a lot harder to socialize kittens with people. we called around to see if there was a place that could take them, but the best we found was a place that spays and neuters feral cats really cheap.

The Kitten Lady has your back.

Socializing a feral kitten: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST8dlkNGT9I

Caring for feral kittens + mom at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPGwB_f4L0A

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 2, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wow, you can separate the mom and kittens and let the mom go at just 5 weeks old? the litter we found last year didn't stop nursing until like 10 weeks. well, that should make socializing the kittens a lot easier, and will also be great for the momma kitty because she is so stressed out that when i went into the room to check her food and water, she very literally crapped herself in fear even though i was a good 6 feet from her.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

One of my cats went missing. I think she managed to knock out foam I use to block wind in my upstairs AC, climbed on it, and promptly fell off while yelling at birds. I haven't seen her for about a day. Not hiding close to the house. Any tips? She is microchipped but I never got it updated to my name.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

dervinosdoom posted:

One of my cats went missing. I think she managed to knock out foam I use to block wind in my upstairs AC, climbed on it, and promptly fell off while yelling at birds. I haven't seen her for about a day. Not hiding close to the house. Any tips? She is microchipped but I never got it updated to my name.

Get the chip registration updated.

Put a bed out with your clothes in it for smells. A litter box can work well too.

Put out food and water.

Talk to neighbors and put out posters.

Check with local shelters, facebook, nextdoor, etc for lost pet groups.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
See if you can borrow a live trap from a local group and put food in it, most cats are found within like 4 houses of their original location, they're just really good at hiding.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Reik posted:

See if you can borrow a live trap from a local group and put food in it, most cats are found within like 4 houses of their original location, they're just really good at hiding.

I put out a live trap with food in it and a cat bed with clothes in it. Here's hoping!

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006
Win a cake for the motherland.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

wow, you can separate the mom and kittens and let the mom go at just 5 weeks old? the litter we found last year didn't stop nursing until like 10 weeks. well, that should make socializing the kittens a lot easier, and will also be great for the momma kitty because she is so stressed out that when i went into the room to check her food and water, she very literally crapped herself in fear even though i was a good 6 feet from her.
Yeah, kittens don't NEED to keep nursing after about 5 weeks. And seconding kitten lady for all kitten-related needs. Good luck, friend. I have a very friendly stray mama cat and her 6 newborn babies in my guest bedroom right now. Precious lil beans :3:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hunh… one of our cats just pooped on the floor and we don’t know who did it or why. They just kinda left a small turd pile up against a wall, right between the wall itself and a box they like to play with. Technically the poop is more on the box flap than on the actual floor, but… my point is it’s not in a litter box.

None of our cats have ever pooped on the floor before (except for two of the ones I fostered as kittens last year while they were being potty-trained, but they stopped that a loooooong time ago), so this is unusual. As far as I know our cats are all behaving fine and there’s been no major changes to their environment that would warrant them stressing out, and no issues with any of them eating/drinking/pissing or anything like that.

What might’ve caused this? Is there anything in particular I need to watch out for that might be a sign of something wrong? Maybe one of them just got spooked by something and this is a one-time thing?

EDIT:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The Kitten Lady has your back.

Socializing a feral kitten: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST8dlkNGT9I

Caring for feral kittens + mom at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPGwB_f4L0A

Quoting this so I can refer back to it later. We have a feral momma with a litter of kittens that are a few weeks old now and I found another just-born litter earlier today.

We’re working on TNR-ing the parents.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 4, 2021

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh holy crap I am pinching that hoodie idea to use on James when he won't shut up for early dinner. Restraining him seems to keep him quiet, but I still want to do stuff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

I. M. Gei posted:

Hunh… one of our cats just pooped on the floor and we don’t know who did it or why. They just kinda left a small turd pile up against a wall, right between the wall itself and a box they like to play with. Technically the poop is more on the box flap than on the actual floor, but… my point is it’s not in a litter box.

None of our cats have ever pooped on the floor before (except for two of the ones I fostered as kittens last year while they were being potty-trained, but they stopped that a loooooong time ago), so this is unusual. As far as I know our cats are all behaving fine and there’s been no major changes to their environment that would warrant them stressing out, and no issues with any of them eating/drinking/pissing or anything like that.

What might’ve caused this? Is there anything in particular I need to watch out for that might be a sign of something wrong? Maybe one of them just got spooked by something and this is a one-time thing?

do you or someone in your household have long hair? one of my cats gets a dangleberry every once in a while from ingesting one of my hairs. the turd makes it out of his rear end and the stink nugget dangles from his rear end by my hair until he, someone, or gravity frees it from his rear end. it's kind of funny to see a turd pendulum swaying violently from his rear end in a top hat while i chase him down the stairs so i can snatch the poo poo morsel.