Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I saw a mudcrab the other day. Horrible creatures.

Have you heard of the High Elves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

:crab:

It's so cute I've never seen it before

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm watching The Intern, the movie where Robert De Niro plays a 70-year-old intern. It's actually surprisingly decent so far, but I didn't need the scene where De Niro gets a boner and his young work friends notice and help him cover it up with a newspaper.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Page 217 did not deliver.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

there is a lady i work with named stacy who always complains about everyone and everything, and none of her complaints are ever meaningful. she's always just saying "i hate how that person moves their hands when they talk," or "i can't believe jill promoted, she has no gravitas," or "our boss is so immature, i don't like it when bosses joke in meetings."

everyone who posts in qcs is stacy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I was just catching up on the horrible Demlol thread that got posted last night and it was gassed while I was in it.

Am I going to die?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

:same:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I was just catching up on the horrible Demlol thread that got posted last night and it was gassed while I was in it.

Am I going to die?

:rip:

We'll miss you, DST.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
finally have 3 days off after working 9 straight woo

going to veg out and play ffxiv for a couple hours for now. I made an egg croissant sandwich thing for breakfast then smoked and at said sandwich

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Imagine a forums ability to force an account the ability to only view and post in the gas chamber. Rip

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Speaking of the demslol thread, check out the second to last post where some nimrod believes me to be the ever so cute and wonderful Literally A Bird. I am not that good looking :(

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Literally A Person posted:

Speaking of the demslol thread, check out the second to last post where some nimrod believes me to be the ever so cute and wonderful Literally A Bird. I am not that good looking :(

You couldn't be more clear in your username

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Full Metal Jackass posted:

You couldn't be more clear in your username

That's what I'm saying!! :mad:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

you could be a bird piloting a human shaped mech

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dumbdamn Wing

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

you could be a bird piloting a human shaped mech

I mean, I could be.......................................

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I mean, I could be.......................................

Ah, found your twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProBirdRights

Guess the demlols thread didn't align with your agenda???

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

OK 1000 Page Thread, I have a lazy day alone, and I want to watch a movie. But I've been really disconnected from movies and TV for a couple of years--like I've probably only seen 5 movies over the past 18 months.

What should I watch today?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Plastic Utopia.

:haibrower:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OK 1000 Page Thread, I have a lazy day alone, and I want to watch a movie. But I've been really disconnected from movies and TV for a couple of years--like I've probably only seen 5 movies over the past 18 months.

You gotta narrow it down a bit really. Any particular genre?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Mortal Kombat, the new one

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You gotta narrow it down a bit really. Any particular genre?

i guess i tend to prefer more arty or character driven stuff. not a big fan of 'turn my brain off and watch the spectacle' type films. not on days like today, anyway.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i guess i tend to prefer more arty or character driven stuff. not a big fan of 'turn my brain off and watch the spectacle' type films. not on days like today, anyway.

Plastic Utopia.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

i haven't seen this in years, but it was great, and it might be a good fallback idea.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Have you seen Uncut gems?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Have you seen Uncut gems?

that is in fact one of the five movies that i've seen over the past 18 months. the others are: jojo rabbit, the lighthouse, mandy, and parasite.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Surely there is some Rodney Dangerfield movie that needs watching.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Prof. Crocodile posted:

that is in fact one of the five movies that i've seen over the past 18 months. the others are: jojo rabbit, the lighthouse, mandy, and parasite.

lol those are all movies i know i will love and have been putting off watching

except jojo rabbit which I watched (and loved)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

has nicholas winding refn made a new movie? i could really enjoy watching ryan gosling stare off meaningfully into the distance as red lights shine all around.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i just got head from Amelia Earhart!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Prof. Crocodile posted:

has nicholas winding refn made a new movie? i could really enjoy watching ryan gosling stare off meaningfully into the distance as red lights shine all around.

Theres neon demon but that wasnt super recent and I haven't seen it yet. Sounds like you probably already watched his Pusher series?

Um, have you seen most of Villeneuve's stuff? Or what about something like Nightcrawler (also not that recent, I know, just throwing stuff out there).

1st season of True Detective?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I watched The Lincoln Lawyer the other night and enjoyed it

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Surely there is some Rodney Dangerfield movie that needs watching.

I'm writing the review of it now,

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Theres neon demon but that wasnt super recent and I haven't seen it yet. Sounds like you probably already watched his Pusher series?

Um, have you seen most of Villeneuve's stuff? Or what about something like Nightcrawler (also not that recent, I know, just throwing stuff out there).

1st season of True Detective?

oh f i never saw nightcrawler because for some reason something really turned me off it, but then later i heard it was really good. this is a good suggestion.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Prof. Crocodile posted:

oh f i never saw nightcrawler because for some reason something really turned me off it, but then later i heard it was really good. this is a good suggestion.

oh yeah that movie pwns hard

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

oh yeah that movie pwns hard

Does that little English fellow play nightcrawler???

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Does that little English fellow play nightcrawler???

no Jake Gyllenhaal is the titular crawler of the night but I do love that little English dude

The Night Of was great

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
should i get a rotisserie chicken with my groceries today and spend the afternoon watching movies while tearing every last ounce of meat and gristle off the bone with my teeth like a god damned savage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

should i get a rotisserie chicken with my groceries today and spend the afternoon watching movies while tearing every last ounce of meat and gristle off the bone with my teeth like a god damned savage

Yes but only if recline and rest the chicken on your chest while eating chunks out of it