Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
X-394 is a big facility, full of mysterious creatures known as Abnormalities. Many of these Abnormalities can do very bad things if they're handled improperly, and it's vitally important that our agents know just what may happen if they're careless. What's a manager to do?

Episode 20: We Can Change Anything

Music: trailer

Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about We Can Change Anything!

We Can Change Anything is the newest product from XX Inc, and is a ZAYIN Abnormality due to its incredible safety and the benefits which it can provide to a facility.

But Miss Hod, what does it do for the facility?

Excellent question, Paul! It only does everything!

Everything?! That's a lot of things!

If you're filled with anxiety about anything, it can be solved with the simple push of a button. All you have to do is walk inside, push a button, and your problem-no matter what it is-will be solved! Additionally, it generates a certain level of energy and can serve as a generator in a pinch.

That sounds like all that and two bags of chips, Miss Hod!

It certainly is, Paul! That's why we've put together three different agents with three different issues to show the versatility and energy output of We Can Change Anything from XX Inc!

Oh boy! We're going to solve issues for me and a whole posse on top of it!

Well, are you ready to demonstrate We Can Change Anything?

I sure am! What do I do, Miss Hod?

That's simple. You just step inside, and press the button!

Now what?

Now you wait. The machine is so incredibly comfortable that agents never leave it, and while it solves their problems it produces energy in addition.

Oh boy! I can feel my crippling social anxieties melting away already!

The red bar here shows how not even the Manager can stand in the way of the resolution of whatever issue the agent is having. Once it begins, work with We Can Change Anything can't end until it's done.

Yowie wowie, Miss Hod! I don't feel worried about asking that spiffy female agent to the biweekly social dance anymore, either!

You see? Problem solved! But wait, there's more.

We've also gained 16 energy towards our daily quota, all while making sure your needs are met.

Paneceal perfection! I'm sold already! But Miss Hod, what about if the problem is external?

I'm glad you asked, Paul!

I'd like you to meet Angel, who has been complaining about a noisy roommate for as long as they can remember. Let's watch as We Can Change Anything fixes that problem too!

Oh boy! I can't wait!

Man, Miss Hod! That soothing beep is soft and calming enough that I could use it to take a nap!

It certainly is, Paul! And while soothing you to sleep, it also cured Angel's problem with their roommate! No longer do they have to worry about being kept up all night by the sound of scratching on their walls.

It's amazing! I'd order now, if I had the kind of money to spend on such a device! But wait, did this problem give us energy?

Mea culpa! That's… carry the four… Even more energy than it got from my problem!

That's right, Paul! The longer that We Can Change Anything runs to resolve an agent's problems, the more energy it creates.

Well… what about legal problems? Can it solve those?

I think you already know the answer.

Oh boy, I hope so! Who do we have now?

Last up we have Yams, who is in serious legal trouble over property damage.

Property damage? How much are we talking here?

She just sawed a boat in half!

That's a lot of damage! But can we change it?

We sure can! Let's watch.

All she has to do is enter the chamber of We Can Change Anything, press the button, and…

Her legal troubles are over!

Astounding! Nothing on earth could have fixed that, no matter how flexy! But Miss Hod, how much energy did we get from that one?

If we take a look at our energy counter, we'll see.

It's a PE-splosion! That's nearly 200 boxes!

To be exact, we gained 187 boxes of energy from that alone-which is very near the maximum we can reasonably gain from a single use. Luckily, as long as there are problems to be solved there's more energy to be harvested!

I've got to get one of these for myself! How much does it cost?

That's just it-it's absolutely free to any and all managers who happen to select its Abnormality cell.

Free?! You've got to be pulling my leg!

Nope! All this can be yours, for the super-low price of 'absolutely free!' And since it gives energy back, it's like XX Inc is paying you to hold on to it!

Jeepies! I need to call right now before they're all sold out!

Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a great day!

Music: Aspire

Good evening, future Managers. XX Inc has given us a wonderful opportunity tonight to speak on their latest home appliance-We Can Change Anything. Angela, if you would.

That's right, from the makers of All-Around Helper, We Can Change Anything will do exactly what it says. I myself use it quite frequently around the facility. It's useful for peacefully curing employees who have gone beyond the mental corruption thresholds, as well as facilitating as a mediator for employees who are asking too many uncomfortable questions.

It also comes complete with the latest in anti-meltdown technology, meaning that it will never attempt to force us to use it. Instead, every single use of We Can Change Anything will be done by our own discretion. There's no reason not to take it-why, I myself can't consider my facility complete without it.

Once more, that's We Can Change Anything, from XX Inc. Try it out, and experience comfort a Manager could once only dream of. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

Portions of today's broadcast paid for in part by XX Inc.

...Manager, I am still quite confused.

I already told you, when a shadowy member of a corporation that may not even exist outside of the public subconscious offers you a large sum of money to film something you were going to film anyways, you don't ask questions.

As a perfect AI, I am in charge of all of our accounts. We did not need the money.

It's never about needing money, Angela. We simply strive for more, regardless of the cost. Much the same as we do energy, yes?

...If you say so, Manager.

Next time's featured Abnormality…

New Guidelines/Story

We Can Change Anything

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TeeQueue posted:

Episode 20: We Can Change Anything

I see that my fears were absolutely justified by this monstrosity completely unfounded. Everything is fine, I do not have any problems that need to be... Solved.

quote:

Nowhere, they just get reset. Hokma explained this to us already.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
This abnormality used to be part of an infamous exploit before the exploit got patched out.

This + portrait + shelter = ...

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
What happens to an agent inside WCCA if you end the day before they die? Also, do any forms of healing (CENSWORD, effects of other healing abnos like the Train) work on them while they're "working" it?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Don't have much to say on this one. What you see is what you get. Could be helpful for finishing days early during a week the player was going to reset anyways? :shrug:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Aumanor posted:

What happens to an agent inside WCCA if you end the day before they die? Also, do any forms of healing (CENSWORD, effects of other healing abnos like the Train) work on them while they're "working" it?

They die. Once they're in, they're gone-even if they have red immunity, or are the 12th apostle and just sit in there forever (which used to be possible with lucky timing, idk if it still works), they are dead.

As for healing, that works. If you look really closely you can see Angel's HP jump back up from Chesed's 25% kill save about a half second before they die. Timing most of them is nearly impossible, of course, but they do work fine.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Some mechanics: WCCA starts dealing damage and generating energy after 2 seconds. Next tick is after 1.9 seconds, then 1.8. Every tick comes 0.1 second faster than previous one, peaking at 10 ticks per second. Each tick Agent is dealt (tick^2)/30 damage and generates ( [tick+1]^2 )/110 energy.

As damage dealt is subject to resistance, more HP and better resistances you have, more energy will be generated. If agent would for some reason be immune to red damage, it will endlessly generate energy.

Quick way to assess how many energy will be generated is to divide agent HP by their resistances and then divide by 4 (or multiply by 3/11 for more precise results): (126/0.2) × (3/11) = 172 — sligtly less than actual 187, because energy generation uses tick+1 for calculations.

Anything that increase your resistances and increases HP will help to generate more energy (for example, Yams would generate twice as much energy if they were blessed by KoD). If for some reason you are immune to red damage: infinite energy. There are no intended ways to be immune to Red damage, but some interactions (cough... WN... cough...) can give you an immortal agent.

Aumanor posted:

If you end the day when someone is inside, they die. No way to mitigate this. As soon as agent enters WCCA — they are dead. They can be healed, but damage grows quickly and soon will one-hit agent inside.

TeeQueue posted:

They die. Once they're in, they're gone-even if they have red immunity, or are the 12th apostle and just sit in there forever (which used to be possible with lucky timing, idk if it still works), they are dead.
It still works. 12th apostle have some weird interaction in many cases.

And the next Abnormality is a stylish one.

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 29, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

:allears: as usual, the only thing I'd add is that you cannot put an Agent who has KoD blessing into WCCA, because it counts as work.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TeeQueue posted:

:allears: as usual, the only thing I'd add is that you cannot put an Agent who has KoD blessing into WCCA, because it counts as work.

Truly, the Knight is a just and noble protector who is just doing her best to look out for us.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

TeeQueue posted:

Sounds like it can't Change AnythingTM then. I want my money back :mad:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Out of a lot of abnos, WCCA is an alarmingly safe pick because of that immunity to meltdowns that Time Clock also has. It blocks both regular meltdowns and Binah meltdowns and it can work well.

Or next abno is one of my favorites. I love the weapon :D

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Intoluene posted:

Out of a lot of abnos, WCCA is an alarmingly safe pick because of that immunity to meltdowns that Time Clock also has. It blocks both regular meltdowns and Binah meltdowns and it can work well.

The flip side is it's basically useless. Your energy quota is rarely the thing actually holding you back from finishing a day, and you need to sacrifice a well-trained employee and their equipment to get much of anything out of it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

The flip side is it's basically useless. Your energy quota is rarely the thing actually holding you back from finishing a day, and you need to sacrifice a well-trained employee and their equipment to get much of anything out of it.

I will take useless and completely ignoreable over the actively malicious and hard to use abnos. Like, between this and some of the others still to come, hell yes, I am taking WCCA.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
The final thing to recall about this particular tool is that you are forced to sacrifice employees to it in order to complete its Observation Log. True, you can send in new employees carrying no equipment, but if you’ve tried to avoid casualties, it’s a little traumatic being forced to throw employees into this thing.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So wait, if you had WCCA, and a sufficiently tanky red tank, you could throw them into the metaphorical meat grinder to force energy gen and finish suppressions real early?

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

tithin posted:

So wait, if you had WCCA, and a sufficiently tanky red tank, you could throw them into the metaphorical meat grinder to force energy gen and finish suppressions real early?

If you mean the Sephirath Suppressions, not really. They all either require a certain meltdown level or defeating a boss. If you mean “abnormalities/ordeals are out and wrecking poo poo” then yes it could. But again, you are killing an agent that probably would be put to better use actually fighting said abnormalities.

Ashardalon125
Apr 14, 2021
I thought I recalled seeing somewhere that WCCA can have a Qlippoth Meltdown land on it, but it's not affected, so it basically "eats" one meltdown.

Basically, if you're only in Control Team, and you have it and 3 Abnos, there's a 1/4 chance that with only 1 meltdown, it just doesn't happen. Of course, in a wider, bigger facility, this decreases in value, though as you have more potential meltdowns it goes back up, and as you have more departments immune to meltdowns as well. In theory, you could somewhat play with that in mind, assuming the Qlippoth consumption thing is real.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I mean, this looks like it actually might be helpful with Day 46.

...That's about the only time I can think of it coming in handy though.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
It's good for meeting energy thresholds on day 47 and nothing else pretty much. By day 47 you don't lose equipment on employee death anymore, so you can give all it's victims HE/WAW red armour that no longer cuts it for general use. Having the ability to only work harmless but low energy Abnormalities is a big deal on that day.

my dad posted:

This abnormality used to be part of an infamous exploit before the exploit got patched out.

This + portrait + shelter = ...

You can still combine this with portrait, which will greatly increase the amount of energy produced! Just, uh, at the cost of totally depopulating your facility.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Arcvasti posted:

You can still combine this with portrait, which will greatly increase the amount of energy produced! Just, uh, at the cost of totally depopulating your facility.
On a completely unrelated note, is there any special message for getting all agents on Day 50? Asking for science.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Narsham posted:

The final thing to recall about this particular tool is that you are forced to sacrifice employees to it in order to complete its Observation Log. True, you can send in new employees carrying no equipment, but if you’ve tried to avoid casualties, it’s a little traumatic being forced to throw employees into this thing.

Trying to avoid casualties? In LobCorp? Sounds like you're playing the video game wrong :smuggo:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arcvasti posted:

It's good for meeting energy thresholds on day 47 and nothing else pretty much. By day 47 you don't lose equipment on employee death anymore, so you can give all it's victims HE/WAW red armour that no longer cuts it for general use. Having the ability to only work harmless but low energy Abnormalities is a big deal on that day.

You know, thinking about it, if you managed to pull off the "infinite energy" trick by making someone red immune, it could also be used to cheese day 49. Defeating Binah is the usual way to finish that day, but you can actually also end it by just getting through meltdown level 10 with full energy - it's just that doing this is typically harder than the Binah fight (because she will still be around ruining your poo poo the whole time). You'd have to queue up a lot of repeated bullshit works but you could do it all in really quick, low energy stuff like zayins and teths since WCCA would be handling your energy requirement.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 29, 2021

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It doesn't matter if you are red damage immune, it will kill your agent after abotu 30 seconds or so.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It doesn't matter if you are red damage immune, it will kill your agent after abotu 30 seconds or so.

just tested this and uh.

This went on for several minutes, up until I ended the day-which killed Paul automatically.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Arcvasti posted:

One other practical use: do you have Queen of Hatred? Still a long way off from getting execution bullets? Throwing disposable employees into this tool to keep QoH happy is a potential workaround.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

TeeQueue posted:

just tested this and uh.

This went on for several minutes, up until I ended the day-which killed Paul automatically.

: Gee Golly Willikers, Miss Hod! That tickles! Why would anyone ever want to stop?

: You see Paul, the Manager won't able to recover the energy generated until it is done relieving the Agent inside of all their stress. If it never finishes, it can't finish. Do you understand?

: I do, Miss Hod! Wowzers, we really have to feel the burn to get any benefit at all!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Narsham posted:

I ended up buying one new agent to sacrifice each work day. It got pretty annoying!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Firstly, I'm saving this gif.

Second, it needs to be stated again that in regular* gameplay there is no way to make Agents immune to Red damage, and I imagine WCCA is a big reason why. An Agent can have as many Red damage reducers/healers as possible, but WCCA in its last damage ramp-up is very much designed to chew through all of that toughness. A maximum-toughness Agent will still yield a massive amount of boxes this way, but such an Agent that can solo multiple Red damage Abnos at the same time probably has better uses.

* - I do not classify glitches as "regular". And even if the 12th Apostle counts, having a 12th Apostle at all means you have much bigger things to worry about.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

On a completely unrelated note, is there any special message for getting all agents on Day 50? Asking for science.

Did you mean to type "killed" in that sentence? Because now I'm curious too.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 30, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

Second, it needs to be stated again that in regular* gameplay there is no way to make Agents immune to Red damage, and I imagine WCCA is a big reason why.

Honestly there's only one damage type you can become immune to, and it's basically worthless come late game anyways. :v:

I used some debug gear I'll talk more about later to get this shot at all. Realistically the PL suit is the best you can do without timing a 12th apostle walkin and even that isn't going to do much more than our Mimicry agent did-despite costing a lot more to make.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Oh, how does a level 5 agent activating Backwards Clock interact with an employee within WCCA? Is the agent just still trapped in the tool?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dervival posted:

Oh, how does a level 5 agent activating Backwards Clock interact with an employee within WCCA? Is the agent just still trapped in the tool?

Doesn't do anything. Clock:

Returns all abnormalities to containment (or kills them)
removes meltdowns
removes overload on WAWs/ALEPHs

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Narsham posted:

One other practical use: do you have Queen of Hatred? Still a long way off from getting execution bullets? Throwing disposable employees into this tool to keep QoH happy is a potential workaround.

It's certainly less annoying then repeatedly breaching Forsaken Murderer every meltdown period and letting him kill exactly three clerks before throwing him back in the slammer, which is your other option for dealing with her early on.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

SL the Pyro posted:

Did you mean to type "killed" in that sentence? Because now I'm curious too.
Yes. Get them all killed. That's what I meant.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

X-394 is a big facility, full of mysterious creatures known as Abnormalities. Many of these Abnormalities can do very bad things if they're handled improperly, and it's vitally important that our agents know just what may happen if they're careless. What's a manager to do?

Episode 21: The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies

Music: trailer

Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies!

The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies, or Funeral for short, is a HE-level Abormality who takes the form of a Butterfly-headed monster in a suit.

It's got a sharp style, and instead of a tie it's got a fifth hand!

That's correct, Paul! Now, let's cover how Funeral works. To that end, we'll be having Mr.Black work with it.

Wowsers! It's not every day that Netzach's own Captain gets involved!

Like many other Abnormalities, Funeral has certain level requirements. If it's worked by an agent with less than 3 Justice, it will automatically lose one Qliphoth Counter when the work is completed.

Good thing Mr.Black has a Justice of 5! There's no way the counter will lower from that!

Huhzuwhaaaaaat?! The counter decreased anyways!

That's because Mr.Black has a Fortitude level higher than 3, Paul! This is the other rule to keep in mind with Funeral.

Oh snap! Our best agents can't be used!

That's correct, Paul! If we break its rules twice, Funeral will breach. While Breaching, it has two forms of attack.

The first is a shot from its finger.

Fluttery frijoles! I've been fingerbanged!

This shot deals White damage to a single target in front of it. As for its other attack, it uses the coffin on its back.

This attack fills the corridor in front of it with butterflies, dealing White damage to everyone in front of it.

At least it only deals White damage! If anyone panics, we can just knock them out of it later!

Yowie wowie! But it was just White damage!

Any employee who panics due to Funeral's attacks is killed instead of panicked, Paul. Their bodies are put to rest as butterflies cover their remains.

It's a dedicated eulogy!

That's correct. However, it's a relatively fragile HE Abnormality, and can be easily suppressed by even a single agent with proper E.G.O equipment.

Even when suppressed, it's committed to being as edgy as possible!

Abnormalities are the crystallization of thoughts, after all-it makes sense that any one of them would be incredibly committed to their base idea.

I see, Miss Hod! That makes sense!

Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a great day!

Music: Aspire

Good evening, future Managers. Netzach has once more joined my stable of stable Sephirot. You may think that this is a good thing, but… it isn't. Netzach is useless. Perhaps worse than useless. Regardless, we've a butterfly to discuss. Angela?

Funeral of the Dead Butterflies serves two purposes in a facility: It will train Justice remarkably well for agents who have hit 3 in every statistic but seek direction, and it is a very easy Abnormality to make breach. It can also function as an Insight trainer, but Justice is a statistic which I find quite important-I vastly prefer it.

Its E.G.O gift does compete for space with that abomination of a bird's wing, though since I've never been able to defeat it such concerns are immaterial to me. I've also heard that its gear is particularly 'cool.' It shoots both Black and White damage at the same time, which simply complicates trying to determine which suppressions you should send its wielder on.

I suppose I can concede that it has some aesthetic appeal. People prefer sharp suits. It's why I make a point of dressing to impress. Even now that Yesod has fallen apart, I feel it best that I look the part I am meant to play.

...I rather miss him. He was the only one of these people who could do their job without costing me employees from overbearing work schedules, or making them into drug-dependent junkies. And don't get me started on that lazy imbecile who's supposed to be running Safety… Alas, that ship has sailed.

I suppose this is simply what I deserve for surrounding myself with machines. No matter. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies

New Gear

Requirements: Justice 3
*Not affected by Attack Speed

Requirements: Justice 3

New Story

The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 11, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

"High probability" listed in guidelines is 80% if anyone wants to know.

That one is... annoying.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Poor butterfly man. Always getting bullied for running around all the time and being so scrawny. At least it's a HE that gives a WAW tier weapon, if nothing else.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Is that a Grave of the Fireflies riff?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

despite it's restrictions, I have a fondness for Funeral of Dead Butterflies, it's extremely stylish and everything about commits to it's lore and it has one of the few EGO gifts for it's slot.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Funeral is a very good repression trainer for new Hod-buffed agents, stylish as gently caress, and gives a solid EGO gift and fantastic weapon. It's a solid choice for pretty much any facility once you have either Hod's suppression done or something like the radio to train justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

:getin:

Funeral is a fine abno. While he can cause some chaos, it's not too hard to take care of and I love those guns, I really, really do.