Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ghostnuke posted:

it's just the light/reflection, simmer down everyone. that's etched, there's no removing that for a souvenir.

You'd need some kind of acid for blood to even make mark on it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Happy birthday and RIP to a king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vstBC4N_tA

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:unsmith:

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Thinking about this not-at-all copyright infringing audiobook upload

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I want to watch Alien!
We have Alien at home
Alien at home:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:lol:

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Just read Marvel's Alien #3. It's a better issue than the last two, but I still have some gripes. Our protagonist and one of his marines fire multiple pulse rifle rounds into the first alien they encounter and... it doesn't do anything but mildly hurt the alien. There's not even a gratuitous acid splash or anything. This happens multiple times: alien pops up, they shoot at it, it bleeds a tiny little bit, and it runs away.

I'm really starting to question if either the artist or author have actually watched the films.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah the pulse rifle fires explosive rounds

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

License managers are the dumbest motherfuckers in the licensor's company without fail. Something been meticulously researched and well within canon? 'I'm not too sure about this...' Something completely hosed up that people will lose their poo poo over when it gets published? 'Looks great, go to press!' I have a feeling like most of them get the license approval job because they have hosed up enough other jobs that they get bounced there and people figure they can't gently caress things up too badly.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Just read Marvel's Alien #3. It's a better issue than the last two, but I still have some gripes. Our protagonist and one of his marines fire multiple pulse rifle rounds into the first alien they encounter and... it doesn't do anything but mildly hurt the alien. There's not even a gratuitous acid splash or anything. This happens multiple times: alien pops up, they shoot at it, it bleeds a tiny little bit, and it runs away.

I'm really starting to question if either the artist or author have actually watched the films.

Yeah when I read that I definitely thought WTF myself but I'm starting to think these Aliens are genetically modified. Not only does the Aliens shrug off shots that should hurt them but if you noticed one guy had two Aliens in him, one burst through the chest and another the mouth. Partly thinking this as well due to the flashback where another group of marines found a ship with livestock in it and there were modified goats created to withstand non earth conditions. Each of them also got facehugged which is likely where they get the Alien samples from that leads into this.

Also the potential Alien humanoid Queen is shown again briefly and referred to as "The one in the dark".

It might be to control Aliens they made a human/alien hybrid and of course that's gone horribly wrong as one can assume it would.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Watching the new Zack Snyder zombie flick will definitely make you think of Aliens. Dude should give Cameron a screenwriter credit as much as he cribbed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Y'all should be thinking about this shirt.

https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/catalogue/starbeast_14243/

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lots of cool shirts on this site.

https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/catalogue/building-better-worlds_11502/

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

Watching the new Zack Snyder zombie flick will definitely make you think of Aliens. Dude should give Cameron a screenwriter credit as much as he cribbed.

Definitely, they even have a Vasquez.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Owlbear Camus posted:

I also watched it and also felt he cribbed from aliens, in the same way that a small child running around going "zoom zoom I'm a plane" is cribbing from NASA

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Plus it’s nowhere near as blatant as Neil Marshall’s Doomsday, where there’s an extended sequence that’s almost a 1:1 remake of the scene where Ripley drives the APC into and then out of the nest - all you have to do is replace the Xenos with Scottish people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Young Freud posted:

Definitely, they even have a Vasquez.

She even has the same type of bandana and also similar to Vasquez is one of the earlier "non plot" armor character to die in the film.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

etalian posted:

She even has the same type of bandana and also similar to Vasquez is one of the earlier "non plot" armor character to die in the film.
I liked* the part where she was perfectly saveable but her best friend who apparently makes a living shooting zombies on youtube just kind of stood there going "oh no what do I do ah well she's dead I suppose"

*did not like

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Burke meets exactly the same deserved end but instead of a nice classy bite quick cut it's a protracted scene of him struggling with a zombie tiger.

Trying to one up a classic without realizing sometimes less is more.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

etalian posted:

also similar to Vasquez is one of the earlier "non plot" armor character to die in the film.

U wot m8? Vasquez is one of the last people to die in Aliens.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Owlbear Camus posted:

The Burke meets exactly the same deserved end but instead of a nice classy bite quick cut it's a protracted scene of him struggling with a zombie tiger.

Trying to one up a classic without realizing sometimes less is more.
If there's one thing tigers are known for it's long protracted battles against prey they gave plenty of warning to.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Splicer posted:

If there's one thing tigers are known for it's long protracted battles against prey they gave plenty of warning to.

yes however this is a zombie tiger and as we know--

*my pants fall down and everyone laughs at my tiny penis*

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Local artist got me thinking about Aliens.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If I actually found xenomorph bones (I don't think they have bones, they're just all silicone or something), I'd be terrified.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Folks on DeviantArt seem to think about Aliens too!

I really wish they wouldn't!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't know what I was expecting.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:ohno:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If I actually found xenomorph bones (I don't think they have bones, they're just all silicone or something), I'd be terrified.

They have a mesoskeleton (combination of endo and exoskeleton) but they are silicon based so it’s not quite a skeleton like we know it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

More like a sexoskeleton, am I right?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It'd be like a finding a giant majestic cicada husk. I would pay top dollar for an artisinal back tube wine decanter or a mirror-smooth big chappy skull carapace taco fixins platter

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

So once the alien acid blood washed away, it'd basically be like the bug carapace armor from Morrowind?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Folks on DeviantArt seem to think about Aliens too!
I really wish they wouldn't!

The life cycle for this confuses me

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
looks like they bagged one of ripleys bad guys

acid for milk

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

looks like they bagged one of ripleys bad guys

acid for milk

Mmm! Sour cream!

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Alien: Convent except when they look at David's sketches they're all anime sexomorphs.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

anyone want to sell me the ripley aliens seiko for not $3k? :(

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

frogge posted:

So once the alien acid blood washed away, it'd basically be like the bug carapace armor from Morrowind?

Yup. Just like in the documentary Aliens vs Predator.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You can always lure them in with a Pepsi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3yZ6BupKQo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Vagabundo posted:

You can always lure them in with a Pepsi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3yZ6BupKQo

smdh at the obvious DRINK THIS opportunity missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Shaw arrives on the Engineer homeworld. They greet her with much more warmth than the first Engineer they met. David translates from their ur-tongue.

"They are offering refreshment. Anything you desire they can synthesize with their biotech."

"Can I have a Coke?"

"They ask if Pepsi would be okay?"