Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Nuebot posted:

My latest isekai proposal: Zack Snyder is reborn as a vtuber who exclusively reads moviebob's book to a live twitch audience.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuebot posted:

My latest isekai proposal: Zack Snyder is reborn as a vtuber who exclusively reads moviebob's book to a live twitch audience.
Already been done.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Zack Snyder, but he's unlocked Ultra Instinct.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vagabundo posted:

Zack Snyder, but he's unlocked Ultra Instinct.

Oh, he's just been trying to show us that he sees the world moving in slow motion?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I can't remember if I had already posted this video, but I just re-watched it and found it as fascinating as the first time I watched it so I'm posting it here. Usually when older footage resurfaces in the creepy pasta-esque circles they force cliche creepy intents and backstories on to it. Like the clip of the late and great Goddess Bunny tap dancing. Here the footage is actually just intentionally creepy and riveting. Surrounding a frightening, intensely personal and specific event in a person's life that is somehow still relatable and understandable to a lot of people.
Zelcher Productions - "A Disturbing Fantasy Based on TRUE Events | Possibly in Michigan"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44F_DHy6Jw

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vagabundo posted:

Yes, obviously.

Fuckin’ Krillin could murder just about everyone in the Avengers if we’re talking power levels.

Hell even Tien (An even weaker human) probably could.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Vagabundo posted:

Yes, obviously.

Fuckin’ Krillin could murder just about everyone in the Avengers if we’re talking power levels.

Yeah this. I think the only one stands a chance are magic type heroes and villains and kryptonians. Like doctor strange or doctor fate would last longer because various magic poo poo as would doctor doom. Superman would probably hold his own against goku until they realized they were friends.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is Chouzu just like a magic little person or is he a kid?.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Is Chouzu just like a magic little person or is he a kid?.

he's an adult human who looks like a small jiangshi

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Alaois posted:

he's an adult human who looks like a small jiangshi

so the former. got it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

What the gently caress did I just sleep through

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tien is the strongest human.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Tien is weak werido who should not have stuck around after his span as the antagonist.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

But what if they use the Super Dragon Balls to make themselves immune to the effects of the Infinity Gauntlet or erase the Stones from existence?

That’s where the Ultra infinity gauntlet comes in. Duh

Anyway Spider-Man has the hot-blooded heart of a hero, so he would beat every Dragpnball character in a fight. Plus, he would never kill them, because he isn’t a murderer.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

you take that back Tien ain't got poo poo

Krillin is canonically the strongest human being by the end of Dragon Ball z, and into super too.

I think it'd be a close fight but as long as he could train first yamcha could take any of the avengers 1 on 1 AND he'd demolish captain america on the real american battlefield: baseball

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

At this point in SUper I wouldn't be shocked if even Yamcha can wreck Tien. His 2 fights have such a stronger showing than anything Tien's gotten.

Master Roshi is def. back above both of them though.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Tenshinhan is not human, in an interview or something Akira Toriyama mentioned that Tien has three eyes and can grow extra limbs because he's descended from aliens. This is very stupid, but it's true.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tien couldn't even beat the one episode sniper guy without kamikazeing

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
tien is the strongest human

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yamcha es numero uno

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

dancingbears posted:

Tenshinhan is not human, in an interview or something Akira Toriyama mentioned that Tien has three eyes and can grow extra limbs because he's descended from aliens. This is very stupid, but it's true.
Well I mean it turned out Goku and Piccolo were aliens all along it doesn't seem any stupider than usual.

Tien is pretty boring and his triangle attack is square shaped, they should have taken Yamcha to the tournament of power.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fan comic (that got an official release) about a DB super fan getting isekai'ed into Yamcha is pretty fun. Because he takes over back in the original Dragon Ball era he's able to use knowledge of future events to get Yamcha stronger.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
My favorite part of that isekai comic is that the dude chose to spare Vegeta over killing him and taking Bulma for himself because he loves Vegeta's character arc so much.

And the fight between him and isekai Chaotzu was cool to read.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

dancingbears posted:

That blows my mind, because I remember the part where Nappa punches his arm off and he gives a very petulant, "Just you wait until it grows back!" which I was dead certain was just thrown in there by the dub crew along the same lines as "It's okay, I can see their parachutes!" to neutralise the violence. It's not like he just instantly regenerates like Piccolo does.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

hsu hao could easily beat up false face :colbert:

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

You are all missing an important question:
Who would be better friends/frenemies: Hercule/Mr Satan and Dan Hibiki
or
Civvie11/Ross's Game Dungeon and the windows 95 game that also had a ps1 release The Hive?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://mobile.twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1398721037865340928

thanks jenny

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

me too thanks

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

I don't even like In-N-Out and I want this tbh

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

At first glance, I thought it was a floating dish so you could eat fries in the pool, but what it really is is much better and I want to float like fries on a warm summer Saturday evening now.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Shyrka posted:

That blows my mind, because I remember the part where Nappa punches his arm off and he gives a very petulant, "Just you wait until it grows back!" which I was dead certain was just thrown in there by the dub crew along the same lines as "It's okay, I can see their parachutes!" to neutralise the violence. It's not like he just instantly regenerates like Piccolo does.
Oh that line was absolutely thrown in there for the dub tien isn't a cool enough alien to have limb regen powers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

You are all missing an important question:
Who would be better friends/frenemies: Hercule/Mr Satan and Dan Hibiki

Mr Satan without a doubt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the dbz fighting game still hasn't added a dan hibiki-esque mr satan character yet, right

truly, it is the worst fighting game

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rIJNT7dCmE

It's salt.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm glad Salt is around. I like Speed Running content but always feel I have to vet the creator first to make sure they don't hold views.

I guess Salt could be a crypto-fascist, but I sure hope he's not.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Skippy McPants posted:

I'm glad Salt is around. I like Speed Running content but always feel I have to vet the creator first to make sure they don't hold views.

I guess Salt could be a crypto-fascist, but I sure hope he's not.

also like, I really don't have the patience or understanding to actually watch the speedrunners themselves do this stuff. But I love learning about it, I just can not get into watching someone attempt these games for hours upon hours it just kills me. So I love these videos because it not only teaches me what's going on behind the scenes, but I get to learn the rad stories.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Shyrka posted:

I mean, if they saw Dragonball maybe the dub director or Tien's voice actor realized it was potentially a thing Tien could do. Toriyama definitely forgot it was a thing Tien could do the second after he wrote it.

fun hater posted:

tien is the strongest human

God you're right, it's not like being an alien matters at all, major characters being aliens is old hat, and Tien being an alien detracts significantly from his one potential standing as the strongest human, what have I been doing with my life

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 30, 2021

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
just let him have it, its all he has

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shyrka posted:

That's definitely some dubbing bullshit. All he says after Nappa slaps his hand away is basically "aaaaaargh!" in both the manga and TV series.

Also, subs over dubs every time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vagabundo posted:

Also, subs over dubs every time.
no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Especially not in the case of DBZ, grandma Goku's VA is a cool lady, but it's nails on a chalkboard for me.