Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Alien: Isolation. That was a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Finished the final boss of MH Rise and while i'm going to keep playing for a good while I think that counts as beat.

Really fantastic game, can't remember the last time I put 100 hours into a game but somehow i'm still ready to put more time into it. It was my first Monster Hunter but now I'm definitely going to pick up World and GU and if they're even close to as good as Rise then i'm probably going to put hundreds of hours into them as well. Monster Hunter is really loving cool imo.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

1. Nier Replicant ending E

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Adding The last guardian to the list. Absolutely stellar ending.

Just started demons souls and these two hours with it have been ace. Phalanx boss down and seeing what is next for me on Sunday.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

2. The Convenience Store (ending 2). neat little horror game

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Adding The last guardian to the list. Absolutely stellar ending.

Just started demons souls and these two hours with it have been ace. Phalanx boss down and seeing what is next for me on Sunday.

souls games frickin rule!

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Dragon Warrior - pretty good despite being the first rpg ever. i was pleasantly surprised spells like outside, return, and repel are in the game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lonesome Road for FNV. I didn't know the whole DLC was going to be Chris Avellone's self-insert dabbing on you for 5000 lines of dialogue.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Lonesome Road for FNV. I didn't know the whole DLC was going to be Chris Avellone's self-insert dabbing on you for 5000 lines of dialogue.

its trash, wb :cheers:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

12. Earth Defense Force: World Brothers

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oh yeah I beat the whole Halo trilogy plus reach this year. Only played 3 and reach as a kid, and man every single one of those games is amazing. Did legendary on all except 2.

Then I got to halo 4 and got really upset after playing the first level. Put me in a bad mood for days lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Average Bear posted:

His dialogue is based on some mysterious point system and not your actual progress so my whole time playing ulysses just talked about me like I had joined the ncr as though I didn't stab them in the back six hours ago, making it even more nonsensical

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

13. Lost Ruins

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (1000000%)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition, Paragon Straight Man, Insanity.

Much better game than the first one but I think I gotta take a break because I keep seeing everything as a late 2000s cover shooter and it’s driving me insane.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
2. Subnautica below zero

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the insanely straight man

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition, Paragon Straight Man, Insanity.

Much better game than the first one but I think I gotta take a break because I keep seeing everything as a late 2000s cover shooter and it’s driving me insane.

Good idea. If I remember correctly the third one is more of the same but with more bloom so it might make your condition irreversible if you played it now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Thats gping to be the name of my podcast in which I talk aboit how minorities and women have ruined the halo, god of war, etc franchises

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Dragon Quest XI - Harder Monsters True Ending

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

Lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done

I'm just bracing myself to hate the ending of 3 all over again, but this series is still a really fun ride until that point at least.

Roth fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 4, 2021

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Insanely Faithful Man

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Arrhythmia posted:

She's lucky you can't romance Tali while playing as a girl.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

18. Yakuza 3. Good poo poo, yakuza ftw.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Roth posted:

She's lucky you can't romance Tali while playing as a girl.

hosed up, glad this series got cancelled

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

18. Yakuza 3. Good poo poo, yakuza ftw.

Glad u enjoyed. I sincerely hope you like 4 more than I did lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i beat prey and had a lot of fun doing it, op

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
prey ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

both version tbh. even tho in original prey the enemies are too bullet spongy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dragon quest 1 (gbc)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. No More Heroes (Mild, True Ending, All T-Shirts)
2. Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty (Hard Mode all 299 Mudokons saved):
3. Return of the Obra-Dinn
4. Dark Souls Remastered (Platinum Trophy):
5. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin NG+:
6. Sekiro: Shadow Dies Twice:
7. Dark Souls 3 (Platinum): Mechanically the best souls game I think and probably the one id be most likely to play again in the future, probably the best bosses in the series too. Lots of really great fights. Felt the most unengaged by the world though despite how good it looked. The DLC then was a big letdown, the enemy locations and maps themselves were total dogs hit to end the series on. Friede and Gael were really cool fights though, all timers for sure.

8. Demon's Souls Remaster (Platinum): Was a weird one because it looks so good (drastically improved visuals so you can really see how it should always have looked) but handled so awkwardly compared to older games. Also stuff like damage type being hugely effective caught me out as well as doing the hub world out of order and being bodied by skeletons in world 4 after Tower Knight. After that it was fun but easier than the other games and the bosses all tended to die quiet fast except that loving man-eater. Overall though despite being pretty easy with bad bosses it was probably my favourite souls world to spend time in so far, really liked that part about it and chatting to everyone. Except that Stockpile Thomas. They changed his VA or got him to do a much younger voice and he always sounded like a DM creep when you came back to the nexus.

9. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle: Fairly similar to the first but with some good and bad changes. They removed the sandbox and just did area select which probably was better but also lame that they didn't just improve the stuff you could do in the sandbox, I liked it tbh. The new mini games for jobs were a lot more fun and involved and each one was viable for making all the money you needed which was cool. They also made the training mini games scale to be harder instead of static which was nice but the attack power mini game was really bad and got incredibly difficult by the end with a way too high cost for every attempt and lots of menu clicking between tries. The late bosses were all series best ones apart from the final boss which might be the worst of the series for me. The combat also seems much less involved and it was already fairly simple but fun, but they removed having to attack enemies high or low depending on guards and a bunch of other fun stuff. Over all left it feeling letdown after 1, feels like the stuff they removed isn't outweighs by the good stuff they added. Still excited for TSA and 3 though

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
beat Mind Scanners. its pretty neat imo. papers please but instead of finding discrepancies ur playing minigames while trying to psycho analyze ppl :cheers: worth checking out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Control

Insanely cool. It wasn't quite what I expected; I was going in thinking the combat would be more like Prey's, where you fight one or two big beefy bitches at a time, and the weirdness would be more like Antichamber's with shifting perspective and such nonsense. What I got left me way happier than what I was expecting to get though.

The middle third of the game kind of dragged, and the Alan Wake dlc was strangely out of place and frankly not very good, but the last portion of the game from the ash tray maze onwards had me absolutely glued to my seat. Absolutely worth the $20 I spent on it.