Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!
Both reagan and trump had dog poo poo, rotting brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bleeding kansas posted:

trumpley tried to wield the economy like an international weapon of war, but was too stupid and misinformed to own anyone but the american consumer

it really is hilarious how badly he owned all the farmers around where I live, and it's doubly hilarious how much they still love him for it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

It might actually be a win for the left if he gets unbanned because it just might wake up the libs from their brunch

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

tenderjerk posted:

Both reagan and trump had dog poo poo, rotting brains

Trump brain between 2016 and 2020 is wild

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

It might actually be a win for the left if he gets unbanned because it just might wake up the libs from their brunch

how does that help the left

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

how does that help the left

Less time for the center to demonize the left on all their platforms

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

Feldegast42 posted:

Yes, libs are famously well known to capitalize on positions that are advantageous to them

I said libs and not left cuz they're already engaged (and ultimately don't matter on the nat'l stage)

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I think the evolution of the trump presidency over the four years is really interesting. as someone said upthread, 2016-2017 trump is a really different beast than 2019-2020 trump. the trump admin in the second half really didn't have any advantages except the establishment's love of decorum preventing them from stopping him.

one example I always think of is pulling US funding out of the WHO or whatever in the early stages of the pandemic. it was clearly supposed to be a move like "the US didn't do anything wrong! lots of people died but it was China/the WHO's fault" but absolutely nobody except committed chuds bought it. at some point around, like, the kavanaugh headings, trump stopped being able to talk to anyone who wasn't already a chud

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm still convinced Trump is going to get his Twitter account back in time for 2024, if not in a few months or by the end of the year. The GOP is obviously trying to pressure them into doing so and Jack is a nazi who had to be dragged kicking and screaming to ban him in the first place

I think eventually the GOP are going to actually land a blow on them financially (more than the Florida poo poo) and then he will cave

I am personally very skeptical that Twitter will ever unban trump because the ban clearly hasn't made a dent in their bottom line. it's hard to get a read on @jack but he folded like laundry day over some weak-rear end complaining from his employees after 1/6. they didn't even seriously threaten to organize or anything, they just wrote an angry letter and he gave the green light to ban trump. it seems unlikely that he'd reverse that decision, which would be an even more controversial decision (and will get more controversial as we get closer to 2024) when there's no clear benefit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

didn’t trunp post inciting tweets in the lead up to the capital invasion

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Suddenly I remember that one rally where they played video of Trump killing various organizations/people in an edit of the Kingsman movie.

I feel like this is exactly the kind of thing that will get memory holed entirely, those campaign rallies had some real hosed up imagery going on toward the end

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

euphronius posted:

didn’t trunp post inciting tweets in the lead up to the capital invasion

yeah, I believe one of the tweets that officially got him banned was something about how he wouldn't be attending the inauguration after the capitol riot went down, which was interpreted as an incitement of violence for the inauguration

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

DarkEuphoria posted:

I feel like this is exactly the kind of thing that will get memory holed entirely, those campaign rallies had some real hosed up imagery going on toward the end

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
to be clear, twitter would absolutely cave if there were any kind of punitive legislation against them for banning trump but that'll obviously never happen at the federal level while the dems have the presidency, and all this state-level stuff is obviously performative bullshit

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

Aglet56 posted:

yeah, I believe one of the tweets that officially got him banned was something about how he wouldn't be attending the inauguration after the capitol riot went down, which was interpreted as an incitement of violence for the inauguration

drat...if he just waddled his dumpy rear end down 3 city blocks he could've reshaped american history. Must not have wanted it very much :sad:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

owned

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
His posts before January 6 strongly implied he was aware of what was being planned by far right Twitter.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

His posts before January 6 strongly implied he was aware of what was being planned by far right Twitter.

yeah he was working with stone on it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’ll toss this in here.

I don’t know a lot of specifics.

There is a mtg sex tape.

It is explicit. There are multiple people.

It also involves some weed smoking and probably mdma but who cares

There’s no way interested parties don’t have it

I have not seen it

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
thats one hell of a post from a dude with an unironically confirmed history of insider knowledge about mtg

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Talking poo poo about Pence as they were storming the Capitol lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Aglet56 posted:

I think the evolution of the trump presidency over the four years is really interesting. as someone said upthread, 2016-2017 trump is a really different beast than 2019-2020 trump. the trump admin in the second half really didn't have any advantages except the establishment's love of decorum preventing them from stopping him.

one example I always think of is pulling US funding out of the WHO or whatever in the early stages of the pandemic. it was clearly supposed to be a move like "the US didn't do anything wrong! lots of people died but it was China/the WHO's fault" but absolutely nobody except committed chuds bought it. at some point around, like, the kavanaugh headings, trump stopped being able to talk to anyone who wasn't already a chud

Yeah but it still almost won him a second term!

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

I’ll toss this in here.

There is a mtg sex tape.

I have not seen it

not really surprising. Although I mean, Gaetz has credible evidence him about underaged sex, I don't see what a romp with the gym friends is really going to affect MTG

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

FizFashizzle posted:

I’ll toss this in here.

There is a mtg sex tape.

I have not seen it

sounds hot, post the link

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

I’ll toss this in here.

There is a mtg sex tape.

I have not seen it

This would make her cooler to everyone besides the GOP establishment.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
MTG/Hunter

And also as a ticket

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

hunter only looked cooler after his sex tape or whatever got leaked. not sure it would really hurt mtg. has she ever really played up to evangelicals?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

also evangelicals have shown themselves to be spineless worms. they rationalized trump, they’ll vote for anyone with an R next to their name, and they’ll never not vote

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
check out sex tape and past

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
a lot of people in the mid-2010s predicted that nobody could be a politician in the age of social media because it'd be too easy to dig up old dirt on your Facebook wall, but it turned out to only apply to racist stuff, and even then not really

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
honestly the if the joe/momala ticket proved anything it's people want to elect a ticket they wanna watch gently caress

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

honestly the if the joe/momala ticket proved anything it's people want to elect a ticket they wanna watch gently caress

so true

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

lol trump went to the Boy Scout jamboree and had a big ol speech about all the hooors he banged on his yacht and no one cared

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
im rooting for boebert and i hope she shoots me to death with 99999 bullets to every erogenous zone of my body

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Bip Roberts posted:

Joe/Mama

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Absent a pandemic Trump wipes the loving floor with Joe. I think it'd be a mistake to read too much into 2020. If the election were held in 2022 Joe would probably beat Trump, but 2024 is so far away and we have no idea what will happen to Joe. But we do know that the Dems will absolutely fall flat on their loving face in 2022 and subsequently do nothing except expand the cold war vs China - but not enough to satisfy the jingoists.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
yeah if everything was totally different there might have been a different outcome, i agree with your expert analysis

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bleeding kansas posted:

yeah if everything was totally different there might have been a different outcome, i agree with your expert analysis

lol

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
2022 could be completely different than what people expect, too. who knows what will be happening next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pandemic helped the gop imho

their voters hated the “””lockdowns””” and it drove turnout sky high