Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lil poopendorfer posted:

Believe it or not, most people don't end up working in the same place they complete their schooling. Also lol what family & community ties do you think get built during 4 years of 80+ hr workweeks

e: missed the "few bucks" part. It's a difference of up to 100k/annually. That's significant

OK you chose to practice in LA instead of NY or something to maximize your earnings, we get it. The real, well-documented physician shortages are mostly in rural areas and decaying rust belt cities due to a lack of money, infrastructure, and desirable surroundings to attract and retain talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Chances are the womb pod will end up like the Baby Grobags episode of Max Headroom.

It was a scam and they just stole babies from proles to give to their clients.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

OK you chose to practice in LA instead of NY or something to maximize your earnings, we get it. The real, well-documented physician shortages are mostly in rural areas and decaying rust belt cities due to a lack of money, infrastructure, and desirable surroundings to attract and retain talent.

Sure, generally agreed. IMO, lack of residency slots is the biggest factor across all specialties. It's hosed:
https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/labor-pains-ob-gyn-shortage

quote:

Burchett is among the high — and rising — numbers of women who live in regions with little or no obstetrical care. In fact, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) reported in 2017 that half of U.S. counties lack a single obstetrician-gynecologist (OB-GYN). Those areas are home to more than 10 million women, many of whom may need OB-GYNs for primary care.

:(

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

stop engaging jfc

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Boba Pearl posted:

I'll help you understand the length of my perinneum as you eat my loving vag you insipid stupid bitch.

This is some top shelf insulting. You're doing good work Boba.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure that exact artificial womb is old news and already has made everyone mad at least once and I can't wait to see it again in six months.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Real artificial wombs as actual technology are like 20 years away for the richest 0.1% to experiment with and several generations away for everyone else so it's a bit of a moot point.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
kojima does it again

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
US healthcare is an abomination, kill the rich

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Inceltown posted:

This is some top shelf insulting. You're doing good work Boba.

Oh my god it was good

Abongination posted:

Well obviously

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Abongination posted:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Thank you!

Also, woumb pod is both the best thing ever for women, and also going to be one of the most horrific things.

Like, missing a payment is going to put you in crippling debt, and the cost is going to be astronomical already, and it will probably have some horrific side effects or whatever.

That said, my partner would 100% get a woumb pod.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Thank you!

Also, woumb pod is both the best thing ever for women, and also going to be one of the most horrific things.

Like, missing a payment is going to put you in crippling debt, and the cost is going to be astronomical already, and it will probably have some horrific side effects or whatever.

That said, my partner would 100% get a woumb pod.

But pretty soon you’ll be able to get one from wish.com that runs on household electricity and vegetable peelings. Unfortunately, the baby will also look like you got it from wish.com.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

But pretty soon you’ll be able to get one from wish.com that runs on household electricity and vegetable peelings. Unfortunately, the baby will also look like you got it from wish.com.

holy poo poo lmao.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

holy crap that’s a cool cyberpunk dystopia.

Torpor has issued a correction as of 18:53 on May 28, 2021

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

let them fight dot gif

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1398222311371821057

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Somewhere a Qultist’s ears perked up and she doesn’t know why.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Torpor posted:

holy crap that’s a cool cyberpunk dystopia.

Buy Larsen's Localizers!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2021/05/28/us-soldiers-expose-nuclear-weapons-secrets-via-flashcard-apps/

Ok Google, where are the nukes?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Let's see, big bomb, big bomb go ... boom?

*Flips card over* Yes!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lil poopendorfer posted:

Reading is hard but I'll help you understand:

Obstetricians are the most -sued and lowest paid surgical specialty. Their insurance premiums are also the highest among any specialty -- but these insurance premiums vary wildly by state. States with favorable malpractice legislation have lower insurance premiums, and attract more/better obstetricians. Does that make sense?

i wouldn't want to be treated by the kind of robot doctor who doesn't care about where he lives except for the optimum tax code

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/1398648013195677706

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its not like the gas knew it was for the holocaust. it was just following orders

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
wtf just shot them in the head jesus christ why do you need to build a 60 batman death trap

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Rutibex posted:

wtf just shot them in the head jesus christ why do you need to build a 60 batman death trap

the cruelty is the point

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rutibex posted:

an industrial grain fumigant is easier to get than a firing squad.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rutibex posted:

Head shots are not always instantly fatal.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

They are with a shotgun

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Mondian posted:

They are with a shotgun

hmm just had flashbacks to getting links to rotten.com as a kid that prove you wrong

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Just make the governor do it every time, see how long they keep pulling triggers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

an industrial grain fumigant is easier to get than a firing squad.

its a prison they already have rifles

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

raverrn posted:

Just make the governor do it every time, see how long they keep pulling triggers.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rutibex posted:

its a prison they already have rifles

it’s the not rifles (obviously) it’s the squad. you need marksmen, good enough, enough of them who are not bat poo poo crazy, and ones willing to to be in a firing squad.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IMO use the firing squad assignment as an easy to figure out what soldiers belong in a watchlist.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

raverrn posted:

They'll pull one last one and really go out with a bang.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/AstroworldDeFi/status/1394730303407591424

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Bar Ran Dun posted:

it’s the not rifles (obviously) it’s the squad. you need marksmen, good enough, enough of them who are not bat poo poo crazy, and ones willing to to be in a firing squad.

And who can deal with the massive mental trauma and emotional pain that the vast majority of people face when killing unarmed, restrained human beings in cold blood, even with years or decades of indoctrination of killing. Those that don't do not occur often enough to support any such program at scale. Which means a lot of broken people, horror stories, news of the morally indifferent guards torturing prisoners, grieving families and ratings for news and a lot of public response and outcry that thankfully comes even in America for death penality stuff.

I'm an optimist probably.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I don't agree with capital punishment, but they could just give em a huge dose of opiates. But that would be too peaceful.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

tokin opposition posted:

And who can deal with the massive mental trauma and emotional pain that the vast majority of people face when killing unarmed, restrained human beings in cold blood, even with years or decades of indoctrination of killing. Those that don't do not occur often enough to support any such program at scale. Which means a lot of broken people, horror stories, news of the morally indifferent guards torturing prisoners, grieving families and ratings for news and a lot of public response and outcry that thankfully comes even in America for death penality stuff.

I'm an optimist probably.

The reason the Nazis started using the showers was the soldiers that were assigned to machine gun prisoners into a predug ditch had a better than even chance of flipping out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

I don't agree with capital punishment, but they could just give em a huge dose of opiates. But that would be too peaceful.

Seriously this is a solved problem

When I had to put my dog down the vet wasn't like ok, firing squad or Nazi gas torture?

We can very peacefully and painlessly end a life but capital punishment is about revenge and always has been