Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandtrout Catsuit
Feb 15, 2008

They were all over his body now. He could feel the pulse of his blood against the living membrane.
I've been telling my daughters from the beginning that they have vulvas, and so does Mama, and poor Daddy he doesn't have a vulva.

Eat poo poo, Freud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

culture of narcissism is a fun read as a parent

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

kid's been slowly getting used to going down in her own crib for naps, but it has been an uphill battle to get her to sleep without being held. Glad she finally seems to be getting the hang of it

she rolls around like a maniac (until she's on her stomach and suddenly can't remember what to do) and I think she is just dying to be crawling, can't wait to be chasing her around and teaching her how to Not Die

I will never know sleep again and I'm fully aware this was part of the deal lol

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

One day you'll wake up in the morning after getting in a solid six hours and wonder what the gently caress is going on.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

One day you'll wake up in the morning after getting in a solid six hours and wonder what the gently caress is going on.

That's still happening to me with a 6yo and a 3yo.

I suspect I will be surprised in the same way when they're teenagers and sleeping forever.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Having a kid was a perfect excuse to rewatch my favorite old shows. Batman the animated series, power rangers, X-Men animated series.

Also I am desperately trying to teach him how to play games with me (have your guy follow mine). It's a blast.

Might have leaned a little hard into superhero stuff, but the good news is there is no shortage of media for a superhero loving 3 year old these days.

We just had a second kid a week and a half ago so starting all over and that kinda... Sucks.

Forgot just how much work this is for the first year and a half/two years. After that it is so much more fun imo.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
The new kid had her first doctor visit and we got cleared to not have to wake her up every 3 hours for feeding and that night she slept for 8 hours straight. I don't expect that to ever happen again, but lord it was a treat.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

AxGrap posted:

The new kid had her first doctor visit and we got cleared to not have to wake her up every 3 hours for feeding and that night she slept for 8 hours straight. I don't expect that to ever happen again, but lord it was a treat.

My kid was almost the same way (just two nights of false starts at first, then 3 days of regression in the 7 months since) so may you be equally blessed, and if so don't tell your friends because they will despise you

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

AxGrap posted:

Having a kid was a perfect excuse to rewatch my favorite old shows. Batman the animated series, power rangers, X-Men animated series.

I tried to watch Transformers with my 4yo and she just had a lot of questions I couldn't answer, like, "why is Megatron being mean?" I dunno, characters didn't have motivations in the 80s, he's just a professional rear end in a top hat.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

You think getting a kid to sleep through the night feels good, I let my older kid babysit the younger one for the first time last weekend while mom and I went to the neighbors for outdoor drinks.

We are going to ease into this nice and slow but by the fall we're going to be taking advantage of the built-in babysitter once a week. :hellyeah:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Another Bill posted:

You think getting a kid to sleep through the night feels good, I let my older kid babysit the younger one for the first time last weekend while mom and I went to the neighbors for outdoor drinks.

We are going to ease into this nice and slow but by the fall we're going to be taking advantage of the built-in babysitter once a week. :hellyeah:

You mother fuckers I am burning with jealousy.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

PerniciousKnid posted:

I tried to watch Transformers with my 4yo and she just had a lot of questions I couldn't answer, like, "why is Megatron being mean?" I dunno, characters didn't have motivations in the 80s, he's just a professional rear end in a top hat.

my kid asked me why don’t villains get better and she meant, why don’t they get better to win more

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
this morning I was at the playground with my kid and I saw a guy jovially loading up his truck with all sorts of camping gear and stuff as three teenagers played around and did nothing to help him.

then I kinda notice he was in shorts and flip flops. and then I saw him give his wife a hug, the teens piled into the car, and he was set free.

he looked so happy.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

AxGrap posted:

You mother fuckers I am burning with jealousy.

I've been looking forward to this moment for 10 years.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Another Bill posted:

I've been looking forward to this moment for 10 years.

My grandpa who is my first kids namesake told me when I was like 9 " the happiest day of my life is when I realized I could make your mom go to the store to buy me poo poo".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

My high school age children legitimately like listening to the same music I listened to in high school (Marilyn Manson, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, etc) and it's kinda freaking me out.

Like, I thought newer music being poo poo was just my old brain not adapting to the cool new stuff.

My middle school kids like 70's rock and that's perfectly fine and normal though.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

sonatinas posted:

my kid asked me why don’t villains get better and she meant, why don’t they get better to win more

I gotta give Megatron this much, he at least builds new soldiers and equipment that persist past the episode, instead of going home empty-handed like a moron every week.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

me, sitting my daughter down to talk about how i once loved nu metal, lookin like im havin a vietnam flashback

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I'm boning up on the history of music and influences so when he gets into bad music I can thoughtfully explain the roots so he gets into good music accidentally. Literally all bad music has good roots that lasted the test of time.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

AxGrap posted:

I'm boning up on the history of music and influences so when he gets into bad music I can thoughtfully explain the roots so he gets into good music accidentally. Literally all bad music has good roots that lasted the test of time.

I'm just gonna post on cspam to ask if my kid's music is good or bad.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I mean I got my 6yo to watch Eurovision with us and now he asks for the winning Italian song as well as the absolutely badass Ukrainian entry so I'm pleased

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm just gonna post on cspam to ask if my kid's music is good or bad.

Lol everyone here is old and will have bad opinions on current music. This place does seem to be a magnet for curmudgeons.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Please don't mind me I am on parental leave and will be posting too much. I will go back to lurking soon enough.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

AxGrap posted:

Please don't mind me I am on parental leave and will be posting too much. I will go back to lurking soon enough.

Post through those night time feeds friend.

Wtf there's a cspam parents thread?

What up? My child's almost 18mo old and their favorite activities include grunting while throwing stuff and stealing cheese of dad's plate.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mustached Demon posted:

Post through those night time feeds friend.

Wtf there's a cspam parents thread?

What up? My child's almost 18mo old and their favorite activities include grunting while throwing stuff and stealing cheese of dad's plate.

hello!

and congratulations! you are like 5 months to the highest you'll ever have to count wrt your child's age

you'll soon switch out months for years and by the time you make it back around again the dementia will have taken hold

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

fosborb posted:

hello!

and congratulations! you are like 5 months to the highest you'll ever have to count wrt your child's age

you'll soon switch out months for years and by the time you make it back around again the dementia will have taken hold

I swap between "about a year and a half" and 18mo

Monthly thing sort of made sense after I learned his doctor appointment schedule is every 3 months

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I’m a dogge mom

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mustached Demon posted:

I swap between "about a year and a half" and 18mo

Monthly thing sort of made sense after I learned his doctor appointment schedule is every 3 months

it's also clothes sizes up to 24mo, if you're in the US

after making the transition from age to size, its another number to remember though. hard work

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

AxGrap posted:

Lol everyone here is old and will have bad opinions on current music.
:hai:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Not me though I'm cool

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
both of my kids wear the same size clothes now and they don't mind swapping outfits and it's made laundry time so much easier.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my 18 month old wasn't settling last night so my wife brought him into our bed at 3am, and his first action was to wake me up by jamming his razor nail finger up my nose all the way to the knuckle

wtf man

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

kecske posted:

my 18 month old wasn't settling last night so my wife brought him into our bed at 3am, and his first action was to wake me up by jamming his razor nail finger up my nose all the way to the knuckle

wtf man

but you cannot wipe the boogers/snot off their nose ever

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

good god, it’s nuts

Why won’t you let me help you

Why

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I'm blessed with a kid who immediately runs and grabs our shirts to wipe her mocos away, but the flip side is that if she gets even a drop of water on her shirt she disrobes.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

oh good, other kids do this

we're using the softest cloth soaked in aloe and saltwater by your mom. I would love to wipe my face with this. Instead, the second she sees it coming, she wipes her nose all over my shirt

and misses most of the boogers

while still getting it on my shirt

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I feel like more books about parenting should talk about the spectacular adventures of nasal douching, snot vacuuming and poop overflowing out of diapers.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

I feel like more books about parenting should talk about the spectacular adventures of nasal douching, snot vacuuming and poop overflowing out of diapers.

Any of them that don't are basically worthless.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

well, the grub honeymoon is over. baby girl can roll over, so she isn’t guaranteed to stay exactly where we put her and we started giving her solids, so the sweet beautiful buttered popcorn smelling poops are slowly becoming progressively stinkier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It sucks that so many books about being a dad and giving advice is done through that irritating lens of "HEH you're a MANLY man, also treat your wife like a QUEEN by doing (list of things you should have already been doing around the house because you're not a fuckin manchild)

The chapters in what to expect about your wife's actual health and potential issues was also woefully inadequate, but given that there's so many gaps and blind spots in understanding pregnancy, I guess it's not too surprising