Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Oh noice. I ignored the email from bandcamp cos it's usually just new merch or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Got my first Pfizer jab. Feel fine, just tired, but that is nothing new.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

McSpergin posted:

New Perturbator album cunce

synthwave good

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

Only one in the office for the afternoon so I get to get really cheeky and tune the radio in to Triple J
Despite what the demographics said, I maintain that JJJ is for The Kids and it's too much indie pop, so now I exclusively listen to PBS FM

Laserface posted:

Im going to enjoy the shows in august and i will make all the fan girl/boy noises.
The Sydney week at Vivid? If it hadnt sold out so quick, I'd have been tempted to try to score tickets and plan a week up there. But knowing our luck with the Rona, we'll have another lockdown the day before I'd be due to leave.

Already praying our situation calms down before Dark Mofo, had everything booked and planned :(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

PancakeTransmission posted:

Despite what the demographics said, I maintain that JJJ is for The Kids and it's too much indie pop, so now I exclusively listen to PBS FM
The Sydney week at Vivid? If it hadnt sold out so quick, I'd have been tempted to try to score tickets and plan a week up there. But knowing our luck with the Rona, we'll have another lockdown the day before I'd be due to leave.

Already praying our situation calms down before Dark Mofo, had everything booked and planned :(

yeah - i saw them at the Enmore maybe a month ago and Rats Nest is my favorite album of theirs so i am stoked they are playing it in full on that night. they released more tickets this morning at 9am, not sure if they have sold out though.

Om at Dark Mofo would be siiiiick but i have no one to go with and also am committing to way too much stuff this winter already between sydney gigs and snow season.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Korgan posted:

Oh boy, local lockdown memes

SA spot on

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

well why not posted:

what i don’t quite get is why kpop latched on to trap beats so strongly

Kpop has a lot of its foundational roots in hip-hop/rap after the Sixth Republic was established in the late eighties, which opened up cultural imports and exports a fair bit and introduced a lot of new youth cultures in the process.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, I don't remember posting that in here

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I am at my first AFL game at 35.

I have never seen a proper organised football game of any code ever.

It's kinda fun.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The best night ever is the Qld derby game (Broncos v Cowboys) then smashing beers up at the Caxton

Euphoric as gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Any of the A-League rival derbies are pretty fun to go to on a pub crawl and watch the ultra bays heap poo poo on each other.

Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory is always a good time.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Watching the game at the field vs watching on telly both have their pros and cons, it's good to experience them both.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I haven’t been since I was a kid and Waverley Park was still a thing

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bargearse posted:

I haven’t been since I was a kid and Waverley Park was still a thing

Lol, my last live game was Hawks/Bombers at Waverley Park in like 1991.

That said, I got to see Warwick Capper at Windy Hill in the mid-80's, which was nice.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

McSpergin posted:

The best night ever is the Qld derby game (Broncos v Cowboys) then smashing beers up at the Caxton

This is always a bit rough when Brisbane wins and a bit underwhelming when cowboys win. My theory for why this is is because Broncos fans are huge sooks and never go drinking out in sufficient quantities to cause trouble when we lose

E: quoted wrong post

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I walked most of the Mornington Peninsula in a day on the bay trail. It's nice but there are long stretches where you're basically walking through caravan parks and a bit near Blairgowrie where you have to walk right by the busy rd. Went from Mornington to Portsea

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My grandparents lived in Mornington. I believe it's unrecognisable as the place of my childhood now.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Andrew Bolt moved there and last time I was there I saw Blair Cottrell so it seems to be attracting some top drawer folks

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

The word stunning is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bargearse posted:

The word stunning is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

Safety beach and Dromana around Arthur's seat is very pretty, and Cape Shanck.
Maybe stunning is going a bit far

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Lolie posted:

My grandparents lived in Mornington. I believe it's unrecognisable as the place of my childhood now.

I grew up in Moorooduc (which is still just a school and an antique store) and Mornington is the poster child of gentrification.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

McSpergin posted:

This is pretty drat good but origin is even better.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I didn't see any decent football teams play when I lived in Victoria but I did see an Australia vs Windies test back in the day when both sides were on fire.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lolie posted:

I didn't see any decent football teams play when I lived in Victoria but I did see an Australia vs Windies test back in the day when both sides were on fire.

This woulda been sick

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
someone woke up in the laundry and layed an egg on the beer fridge

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

This woulda been sick

It was amazing.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Carlos Lantana posted:

someone woke up in the laundry and layed an egg on the beer fridge

Brekkie sorted

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kharnifex posted:

Brekkie sorted

Dinner too

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

PancakeTransmission posted:

King Gizzard is a boy band :colbert:

So were the Sex Pistols.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
So it looks like I have joined an upstart band with a bunch of blokes older than me who have all played in punk bands and so far we getting our feet with poo poo like Camper Van Beethoven - Take the Skinheads Bowling, The Angels - Can't Shake It, Wire - 12xU and Cosmic Psychos - Lost Cause as a weird mishmash of oldschool loose cu*t stuff.

It's going to be very important to name this thing properly, gotta be Australian, witty, left-field, knowing full well the singer is from Boston but doesn't have the twang in the accent anymore...

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
nangtones

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

That's cute, but sounds like a bunch of kids from Newtown Performing Arts School coming up with ideas while railing K

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
the loving nangtones

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I have shingles and I'm miserable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

400 odd foot of grunt

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Upon memory, two names came up at work the other day that I found amusing, 'Hungry Hungry Hipsters' and 'Premium Spores'.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lolie posted:

I have shingles and I'm miserable.

Well either get off your arse and up a ladder with a hammer, or call a tradie to put them up properly on your roof for you!

Get well soon :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Upon memory, two names came up at work the other day that I found amusing, 'Hungry Hungry Hipsters' and 'Premium Spores'.