Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."

Sensenmann posted:

I actually love the PA skin you unlock at 100.

Hell yeah, I'm not a fan of the other rewards but the PA skin is what keeps me going.

Is the head hologram a normal head part skin for mixing/matching with other armors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

SetSliRol posted:

Hell yeah, I'm not a fan of the other rewards but the PA skin is what keeps me going.

Is the head hologram a normal head part skin for mixing/matching with other armors?

I would assume so but I can't test since the game has, once again, login issues.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Ok, works again.

Nice. ;)

As a side note, the Flamer skin works really, really well with the Raider PA.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

FINALLY a loving Holographic Head

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Two, actually.

The blue one is for getting to 100. The red one is 88

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I think that red holographic head is going to look sick with my X-01 Inferno mk I skin, can't wait to unlock it

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6pN5kynm3g

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
New PTS change log lookin good:

quote:

Caps: The max cap limit has been increased from 30,000 to 40,000.
Gold Bullion: The daily vendor cap has been increased from 200 to 400. Additionally, the max player cap for Gold Bullion has been increased from 5,000 to 10,000.
Scrip: The daily vendor cap has been increased from 150 to 300. Additionally, the max player cap for Scrip has been increased from 1,000 to 5,000.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
A good change.

Additionally, the legendary cores have been changed from item to currency. This means they weigh nothing and are, in theory, impossible to dupe.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's generally considered the top-end power armour type? I'm guessing either Ultracite or T-65?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

What's generally considered the top-end power armour type? I'm guessing either Ultracite or T-65?

T-65 offers the best protection overall, Strangler Heart offers the best rad resistance.

Strangler Heart is a Ultracite variant and is, for most PA players, the real endgame armor because some of the mandatory Ultracite plans are so rare you can kill thousands of queens and scorchbeasts and not get them to drop.

For reference, I've killed a couple thousand queens and way more normal scorchbeasts and I got the Calibrated Shocks plan twice. One of that was from a player vending machine for 25K. Still looking for the Targetting HUD.

So if you want to go Strangler Heart, or Ultracite in general, know that it might take A LOT longer compared to the already dumb gold grind for T-65.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Man that gatling SFX sound bug is awful when you run into it, I just jumped into a SBQ fight to try out a two-star Ultracite Gatling with 2-shot and +10%DMG aiming, and BBBRRBBBRRBBRR throughout the whole battle. I don't know if I was adding to it as I don't think you hear your own bug noise, but yeah, awful. It even persisted after the fight was done, you could walk back and forward through the point on the map where it was still emitting from, and even fast travelling back to Watoga station you could hear it off in the distance BBBRRBBBRRBBRR

I hope it's fixed asap.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That bug has been around a few weeks and it doesn't go away until you fast travel, iirc. Far as I know, you're hearing everyone elses gatlins, shouldn't be able to hear yours for some reason.

I usually put my tv on low volume and just listen to music while I play.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I believe I read that if you crouch you can at least turn off your own loud noise for other players.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Lone Badger posted:

Make t-65 and then the new hellcat armor in the patch.

the panacea posted:

They should just remove the daily limit on caps to the vendors also.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Seriously, gently caress this 1400 cap nonsense. My storage is always on the brink of loving overflowing with poo poo now. Radaway is basically another currency for me.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I believe I read that if you crouch you can at least turn off your own loud noise for other players.

Yeah, teabag some corpses every now and again and all's good. ;)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Finally maxed out settler reputation and picked up the Gauss Shotty plans. Now just gotta craft some until I get something to replace my current Combat Shotgun (Vamp/Exp/15% Crit rate)

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

the panacea posted:

Yeeeessssss! Well that's great, I had stopped playing because it was too easy to hit the scrip limit while just getting SCORE, leaving me with too much stuff all the time and having to fattywaddle around. Now I can really waste my life.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
The new weapon you can get during Meat Week looks rad as gently caress.

The Pepper Shaker. A single (can be modded to double or even hex) barrel auto heavy shotgun that benefits from both heavy weapon and shotgun perks.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Pepper_Shaker

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Sensenmann posted:

The Pepper Shaker. A single (can be modded to double or even hex) barrel auto heavy shotgun that benefits from both heavy weapon and shotgun perks.

Hell yeah, now make the tesla shotgun count as an actual shotgun

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."

Sensenmann posted:

Hot drat, that thing looks rad as gently caress. I've bern looking for a Quad Combat Shotgun for a while but that takes the cake. I don't do Meat Week whenever it crops up but it looks like it's in my future. Any idea when it's happening this year? It's not on the community calendars for whatever reasom.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

SetSliRol posted:

Hot drat, that thing looks rad as gently caress. I've bern looking for a Quad Combat Shotgun for a while but that takes the cake. I don't do Meat Week whenever it crops up but it looks like it's in my future. Any idea when it's happening this year? It's not on the community calendars for whatever reasom.

It's active on the PTS so I'm assuming some time after the next patch drops in July or so.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So I server surfed the other day and found a bunch of fixers for sale. Spend the most on a bloody fixer and then I found another camp selling the same thing but for 1/10th the price, so I bought that one also. Then I found a quad fixer randomly on a camp for like 1k caps and that is hands down the one I prefer to use the most of all.

It's crazy how strong quad is from having to reload so much less.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My Fixers sit unused because the 3 star explosive combat rifle I have is better than any of my Fixers. Really want that quad ammo mod on it. Explosive damage with 5 star Demolition Expert on that gun isn't insignificant, though, just annoying to reload so often.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

So I server surfed the other day and found a bunch of fixers for sale. Spend the most on a bloody fixer and then I found another camp selling the same thing but for 1/10th the price, so I bought that one also. Then I found a quad fixer randomly on a camp for like 1k caps and that is hands down the one I prefer to use the most of all.

It's crazy how strong quad is from having to reload so much less.

Yep, I did the entire season with a Q2515 Fixer and that thing just rocks. I have several Fixers but Quad is just bloody amazing on a stealth commando build.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Still haven't gotten a random fixer from scrip trade in even though I bought the plans from a player vendor weeks ago.

Having fun with my power armor build. Final Word is one drat effective gun.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm gonna keep an eye out for a slug buster on player vendors because I found this. Donno if it's been linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lObfMG3zglU

Slug buster with flamer barrel, he spams crit attacks to ignore boss armor, and well the video shows for itself.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

tfw u backpedal into a rift while fighting a scorchbeast

"If you ever drop your keys bag of junk into a river of molten lava ultracite, let 'em go, because man, they're gone."

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I'm gonna keep an eye out for a slug buster on player vendors because I found this. Donno if it's been linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lObfMG3zglU

Slug buster with flamer barrel, he spams crit attacks to ignore boss armor, and well the video shows for itself.

It's a really great weapon but keep in mind that all those runs are done solo because stealth is less effective in groups.

numitor
Apr 25, 2008

My I please have that fish, sir?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

tfw u backpedal into a rift while fighting a scorchbeast

"If you ever drop your keys bag of junk into a river of molten lava ultracite, let 'em go, because man, they're gone."

Solid advice, I died five or six times trying to gather my bag, first time in a post nuked zone as well.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

numitor posted:

Solid advice, I died five or six times trying to gather my bag, first time in a post nuked zone as well.

I read if you stand close to the edge and drop another item in another bag the stuff from the rift bag will also be available in the new bag. No biggie for me, it was a bunch of SBQ bones and wing fragments, but I'd (sensibly) dropped my junk load at the Watoga station before battle.

Didn't know today was patch day, but the notes say the repeating gatling sfx should be fixed among other bits and bobs.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

Found a one star Mole Treasure Hunter by the Slyvie and Son's camp...poor guy was either late to the event or found the best hiding spot. They're not supposed to spawn at all outside of their event, right?

Nevermind, completely missed the news about the event starting when I logged in. Happy hunting, everyone!

SetSliRol fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 27, 2021

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SetSliRol posted:

Found a one star Mole Treasure Hunter by the Slyvie and Son's camp...poor guy was either late to the event or found the best hiding spot. They're not supposed to spawn at all outside of their event, right?

Nevermind, completely missed the news about the event starting when I logged in. Happy hunting, everyone!

I ran into* a non-legendary treasure hunter moleman just now, I thought they were all at least one-start ledges.

*shot to death

I also got a string of absolute bullshit rolls at the legendary shop, five items to go straight back into the recycler, and after that scouring my stash I had exactly 75 tickets; last roll I got a Vampire / +%33VATS / +DR when Aiming Handmade. I've been junking all the Handmades I find to get my mod list up and I have almost everything unlocked bar the suppressor, so I built it up powerful automatic / long barrel etc. Holy hell this thing wrecks things a lot faster than my old faithful Combat Rifle, I can only imagine what a two-shot would be like.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I ran into* a non-legendary treasure hunter moleman just now, I thought they were all at least one-start ledges.

*shot to death

I also got a string of absolute bullshit rolls at the legendary shop, five items to go straight back into the recycler, and after that scouring my stash I had exactly 75 tickets; last roll I got a Vampire / +%33VATS / +DR when Aiming Handmade. I've been junking all the Handmades I find to get my mod list up and I have almost everything unlocked bar the suppressor, so I built it up powerful automatic / long barrel etc. Holy hell this thing wrecks things a lot faster than my old faithful Combat Rifle, I can only imagine what a two-shot would be like.

I have a TSE, it owns.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The 150 scrip turn in limit really stifles this game. Looking forward to the next patch even though I probably won't finish the scoreboard in time.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I have been playing Fallout 4 a lot and honestly been enjoying it. Even building settlements and having a voiced protagonist. And now I've come to the point where I have to choose my faction:ohdear:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ugh, I got a Furious Explosive SMG off a dead Treasure Hunter (about the only good this I've picked up, so many 1* troubleshooters death tambourines etc), I can't believe there no suppressor / no holo or red dot optics for this thing. I wanted a spec-ops style close quarters wetwork gun :mad:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The lack of mods for the subbies is criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

Alhazred posted:

I have been playing Fallout 4 a lot and honestly been enjoying it. Even building settlements and having a voiced protagonist. And now I've come to the point where I have to choose my faction:ohdear:

If you haven't touched them yet, there's still two DLCs that are pretty fun, if you're worried about the game being over too soon, and each faction has a sizeable amount of post game content to keep you occupied until you decide to end your characters story. The last story DLC also has a faction you can join back in the Commonwealth that you, sadly, can't beat the main questline with, but still has a good amount of goals for you to achieve.

Fallout 4 is also pretty replayable thanks to the legendary system, how they augment builds, and the ways you can take care of - or work with - each faction. It's absolutely worth playing through again if you're into it, and that's not including bringing mods into it if you're on PC or XB.

Honestly, I do understand why 4 didn't mesh well with a lot of people (though honestly I don't think the Fallout turbonerds will ever be happy) but I really enjoy it and I'm glad to see someone having a good time. :buddy: