Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

wtf this has to be trolling and it’s working

Beijing, Moscow, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Berlin, Toronto, Zurich, Sydney and half the cities in Australia, half the Nordic capitals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HarveyNormanAU/status/1398247082423558144

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Bargearse posted:

I’m sorry I started this accursed derail.

Ooh yeah “accursed” is a good insult too

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I knew a guy who used to use ‘you loving stupid idiot’ and something about it really cut deep. Like idiot wasn’t enough, you’re a particularly stupid one.

Also seconding anything to do with mines and the circus being ripe for insults.

One of my favourites is ‘who put 20p in you?’ As its a question and in no way responds to what the person was saying, it catches people off guard.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bargearse posted:

Honestly, as far as derails go, this is a pretty good one. I feel like it's proof that a 'PYF Insults' thread would probably sustain.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

PYF insults and curses: the not-so-silent generation (warning: racist content)

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

A PYF insults thread would immediately teleport to being a QCS insult thread.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Which is also my vote for a PYF insult thread

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
we got a dude in here who still won't admit cocksucker is homophobic. im sure a pyf insults thread would be a great idea that would not cause hard feelings in any parts of the forums communities lol

e: i mean go for it anyway, lol

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Jakabite posted:

I knew a guy who used to use ‘you loving stupid idiot’ and something about it really cut deep. Like idiot wasn’t enough, you’re a particularly stupid one.

I’m quite partial to “goddamn ding-dong.” Very satisfying to say, and can be affectionate teasing or excoriating insult as needed.

I also tip my mohel at least 25% and anyone who does otherwise is a real homophobic slur.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Bargearse posted:

Shut it you bargearse

Jakabite posted:

When I was a kid I remember hearing another kid tell his dad they were a loving idiot, and I thought it was a really weird combination, like 'idiot' is pretty tame but 'gently caress' is the worst word, the one you're not meant to use!

Now I see that kid was just completely normal :smith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mrpwase posted:

Shut it you bargearse

That’s enough out of you, dingus khan!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Have we had a guy who said that swearing is a sign of diminished intellect? We get a lot of them in Poland for some reason

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

mrpwase posted:

Shut it you bargearse
When I was a kid I remember hearing another kid tell his dad they were a loving idiot, and I thought it was a really weird combination, like 'idiot' is pretty tame but 'gently caress' is the worst word, the one you're not meant to use!

Now I see that kid was just completely normal :smith:

I always feel the same on the rare occasion I hear something like ‘you flipping daft c***’ (I’m British). Like flipping is what old people say instead of loving and you’re dropping it before a c-bomb. Bizarre.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

If you use a soft and defeated tone of voice, "you are such a loving disappointment." instantly salts the earth too.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Platystemon posted:

wtf this has to be trolling and it’s working

Beijing, Moscow, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Berlin, Toronto, Zurich, Sydney and half the cities in Australia, half the Nordic capitals

My best guess is that these are used to harvest followers on social media. Drop these out, you get an army of people responding. their friends see the response, maybe they respond and follow. Get enough followers and then start spamming ads.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Most of the insults brought up have been loving terrible, I'm sorry but I cannot stay silent on this. You can't force a new swear, just make good use of the ones you have (that arent slurs), I promise you they will stretch further than you think.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

That’s enough out of you, dingus khan!

This would also make a good username.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Dingleberry pie

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Cicadalek posted:

Most of the insults brought up have been loving terrible, I'm sorry but I cannot stay silent on this. You can't force a new swear, just make good use of the ones you have (that arent slurs), I promise you they will stretch further than you think.

Yeah anything that’s ‘harmless random noun next to swear word’ is going to be loving awful and the sort of thing that you’d only catch people who like comedy jazz covers of popular songs saying. Wankpuffin, knob chaffinch, shitweasel, etc

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jakabite posted:

Yeah anything that’s ‘harmless random noun next to swear word’ is going to be loving awful and the sort of thing that you’d only catch people who like comedy jazz covers of popular songs saying. Wankpuffin, knob chaffinch, shitweasel, etc

Motherfucker

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Skwirl posted:

I loving hate these "bet you can't think of an answer to this simple question" clickbait poo poo.

https://twitter.com/exMalwa/status/1398833724066648067?s=19

New York City and London don't have an A in them and they, respectively, have more people in them than any other city in America or the UK. Probably the most famous cities in those respective countries both domestically and internationally.

One popped up in my Facebook many years ago that was a giant square of zeros with the slash and a single 8, and said "bet you can't find the 8" so I just replied "I don't think there's actually an 8 in there, and I refuseto try and find it." And so many people responded telling me where it was and I responded "I don't believe you and I refuse to check." They were all right because of course I'd found it myself, but I hate that format of going viral.

Beautiful has an a in it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

If you use a soft and defeated tone of voice, "you are such a loving disappointment." instantly salts the earth too.

I mean, if we're going down that road, the absolute worst thing you can call someone is "a bad person" with no particular affectation beyond sincerity and maybe a little resignation.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
"You're a bigger rear end in a top hat than goatse."

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Desert Bus posted:

"You're a bigger rear end in a top hat than goatse."

What’s goatse

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

endocriminologist posted:

What’s goatse

Goat see deez nuts

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

endocriminologist posted:

What’s goatse

Not much, what's goatse with you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

goblin week posted:

Have we had a guy who said that swearing is a sign of diminished intellect? We get a lot of them in Poland for some reason

I want to see that guy get in an argument with the people who believe that it is improper to insult someone’s intellect in any way, no matter what words are used.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cicadalek posted:

You're not being very fetch right now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goblin week posted:

I paid for the entire language and I'm going to use all of it.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Cicadalek posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I loving hate these "bet you can't think of an answer to this simple question" clickbait poo poo.

https://twitter.com/exMalwa/status/1398833724066648067?s=19

New York City and London don't have an A in them and they, respectively, have more people in them than any other city in America or the UK. Probably the most famous cities in those respective countries both domestically and internationally.

One popped up in my Facebook many years ago that was a giant square of zeros with the slash and a single 8, and said "bet you can't find the 8" so I just replied "I don't think there's actually an 8 in there, and I refuseto try and find it." And so many people responded telling me where it was and I responded "I don't believe you and I refuse to check." They were all right because of course I'd found it myself, but I hate that format of going viral.

Some dude yesterday used this baffling prompt

https://twitter.com/thecinematicket/status/1398318981929394177?s=21

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Knob Chaffinch, now there's a username. Also, I think "fool" is still quite useful.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Unless you would be comfortable writing a post like this that starts with "I literally just picture like a bundle of sticks..." you should probably not do this sort of poo poo.

I guess you could pretend these are comparable, but they really aren't. The f word in question has been widely known to be a homophobic slur since like the early 1900's and hadn't really been used to mean the bundle of sticks thing since like the 1700's. So your strawman example here kind of sucks.

Whereas I guarantee you almost no one outside the internet hears "turd burglar" and assumes it's a homophobic slur. Hell you maybe haven't even heard of the term unless you watched Beavis and Butthead or South Park.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If there’s one thing South Park is known for, it’s the lack of offensive slurs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Grimdude posted:

Whereas I guarantee you almost no one outside the internet hears "turd burglar" and assumes it's a homophobic slur. Hell you maybe haven't even heard of the term unless you watched Beavis and Butthead or South Park.

I think these perfectly upstanding gentlemen would disagree with you.

(possibly the most densely homophobic content I have ever heard btw)

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
When did we get a pyf homophobic slur thread?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I always assumed fag as an insult came from the long standing practice of fagging in public schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Grimdude posted:

hadn't really been used to mean the bundle of sticks thing since like the 1700's. So your strawman example here kind of sucks

What?

I really don’t recommend using the word, but I’m pretty sure I’ve come across it used innocently in works more recent than that.