Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Agreed, women and especially black women should shut the gently caress up so I can merrily consume my Disney Mindpoison Slop.

If they're going to post a bunch of anti-vaccine/anti-trans/anti-gay stuff, then yeah, they should. If they want to keep their careers.

Granted that part of the reason Pratt is still working is down to being White and having a penis, the other is him not going on and on with bigoted anti-science bullshit. You get that, right?

For that matter, Wright did close down her Twitter (AKA shut the gently caress up) and as far as I know, she'll still be part of the MCU going forward.

Carano kept on going with her crap and now somebody else will be making a poo poo-ton of money in Rangers and The Mandolorian.

But hey, I'm sorry. I interrupted your wrong-headed take on how Carano and Wright were somehow victims of sexism.

You go ahead and post more on that. Keep fuckin' that chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Azhais posted:

Israel is up to shenanigans again, check the news

It’s an ethnic cleansing not a flash mob doing Gangnam style

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t know anything about how Jewish religion handles gayness but I assume like all Orthodoxy it’s probably incredibly heteronormative and stupid

depends very heavily on the movement

reform, reconstructionist, renewal, even conservative judaism is p good about all this

orthodox and the like are...not as good

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s an ethnic cleansing not a flash mob doing Gangnam style

So, like, at what point can we call the genocide a lowercase h holocaust?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

That's OUR WORD!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/theindyfilm/status/1398651748718415872?s=21

Absolutely hell yeah this rules

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unhappy with the paparazzi encroaching on an individuals right to privacy I would hope, cause how dare people have sex :hmmyes:

Anyway lets hope Moon Knight features an episode that is literally just a shot for shot remake of Moon Knight #5 (2014)

Which is essentially one very long Hallway Brawl for the entire issue as Mr Knight works his way through 5 floors of mooks to rescue a kid

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I need to read some Moon Knight

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Floppychop posted:

We all need to read some Moon Knight

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Floppychop posted:

I need to read some Moon Knight

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Infinitum posted:

Unhappy with the paparazzi encroaching on an individuals right to privacy I would hope, cause how dare people have sex :hmmyes:

Anyway lets hope Moon Knight features an episode that is literally just a shot for shot remake of Moon Knight #5 (2014)

I'll accept that on one condition - that they film it in the Bradbury Building.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Infinitum posted:

I mean technically Waititi is Thompson's boss, so I can see where Marvel would hold the opinion that directors shouldn't have sexytimes with their actors during a film shoot.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

howe_sam posted:

I mean technically Waititi is Thompson's boss, so I can see where Marvel would hold the opinion that directors shouldn't have sexytimes with their actors during a film shoot.

I’m 100% certain it’s because the 3 of them are making out and not because of “power imbalances”

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:swoon:

Infinitum posted:

Right because it’s not like they were at the Grammys doing this so I don’t see the issue.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

They're unhappy because they're not allowed to say jealous.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Of Tessa Thompson I mean that Taika guy is adorable!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I can taste the cocaine in this photo

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

It's probably completely cynical on Disney's part but I'm still ticking another box in the "Waititi is probably a sex pest" column.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Organic Lube User posted:

It's probably completely cynical on Disney's part but I'm still ticking another box in the "Waititi is probably a sex pest" column.

I wouldn’t say sex pest so much as maybe just enjoys it like the majority of people, but unlike the majority of people is able to score pretty impressively.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh no, consensual relations with two adults means sex pest now?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I for one have learned my lesson about stanning famous people with fun personalities I don't actually know, even if the rest of the internet still hasn't, and am prepared to be dispassionately judgmental if he does turn out to be a sex pest.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

howe_sam posted:

Yeah I'm also side-eyeing it just a little bit for this reason even if it's obvious that Disney's angle here starts and ends at "eww poly."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like that the argument is focused on how consensual the relationship is, something noone in this thread would be able to comment on accurately, and not.. you know.. the fact that they're all being spied on by scum to sell pictures.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Oh no, consensual relations with two adults means sex pest now?

It's not that simple when one's the employer of the other, and please don't pretend it is just because, I dunno, you like the idea of these two people bumping uglies?
And I didn't say he was a sex pest, just that it's still incredibly likely.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

[essentially baseless sex pest accusations]
And I didn't say Organic Lube User is a sex pest, just that it's still incredibly likely.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

With exactly the same level of credibility!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

What are the other boxes?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Casnorf posted:

And I didn't say Organic Lube User is a sex pest, just that it's still incredibly likely.

Yes I am, in all ways, just like Taika Waititi.

BrianWilly posted:

I for one have learned my lesson about stanning famous people with fun personalities I don't actually know, even if the rest of the internet still hasn't, and am prepared to be dispassionately judgmental if he does turn out to be a sex pest.

Yes, this.

Is Waititi the new Snyder? One half-assed aspersion and the nerds crawl out to stan him.

BurritoJustice posted:

What are the other boxes?

One is "being a movie director and producer."

Organic Lube User fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 30, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh god I've fallen into a pile of my Mum's supermarket tabloids and I can't get up!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

One is "being a movie director and producer."

You are not a very nice or happy person and I pity you.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Lol. All this over a dumb Daily Mail article.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Casnorf posted:

You are not a very nice or happy person and I pity you.

Congratulations on your blind trust of the rich and powerful?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Tbf it's a bit odd to go around labeling people as potential sex pests or whatever.

Would it shock me if he or any one turns out to be one? Not at all.

It's still weirdo behavior to go around and put that label on people without like anything remotely substantial to back it up.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Congratulations on your blind trust of the rich and powerful?

Congratulations on your blind distrust of anyone? I can't imagine it's a very pleasant life. They say paranoia is just narcissism magnified, so I guess it doesn't matter either way to you.

Realtalk, assuming the worst is a depression-brain thing and the source of many of the problems that some people have connecting with others. You ain't hear from someone in a week or so and the ol' brainpan starts sizzlin' with "I bet they hate me I mean I know why I would hate me" and it kinda goes downhill from there. As dumb as it sounds, seeing one thing that you can spin an entire alternate reality out of that confirms your worst fears about people is exactly what that headspace is looking for, and let us conveniently ignore the actual text of the issue being that three people who are not me appear to be having a moment's happiness in the hellworld. Of course this is all speculation based on words posted rather than just assuming someone is evil based on their job or social status.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
A British tabloid sourcing a story from an Australian tabloid whose source is "someone in the American movie industry" and reported nowhere else is probably not super credible.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So anyway. Moon Knight right? Fist of Khonshu? Gets the poo poo kicked out of him by a monster that's been hiding under beds and eating children.

He goes back for round 2 without Khonshu's blessing - After he's been told to leave well enough alone.

Marc succeeds in killing the beast, ending with..

Khonshu has many secrets..

I know Moon Knight more from his modern runs, but if anyone can recommend some classic stories to check in on that would be great.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The “source” is the actual photographs of the 3 of them sitting on a balcony getting drunk and making out

For me, uh, I really don’t think it’s fair to be like Taika is her BOSS because I don’t really think that’s how big name actors and directors view those working relationships at all. They are both working on a project doing different things, and Watiti has to direct them, but if there were an issue Tessa Thompson would be the one to stay and Disney would just boot Taika, and I think he knows that, and besides that the actresses are making way more for their work than he is, so if anything the power dynamic seems somewhat skewed in their favor.

And this is all assuming it’s more complicated than “we are three people with chemistry who like to hang out and we’ve all been isolated from regular society because filming a Marvel movie is like going camping in the woods for 6 months and you can’t really do anything or go anywhere or talk to anyone.”

If you keep insisting on calling someone a sex pest (a loving idiotic and childish thing to call someone, just call them an abuser or a rapist, making it sound like they pulled a ‘sexy prank’ is so disrespectful to people they may have hurt) could you maybe post a better reason than “all film directors are pedofiles” or whatever? If he’s a real scum bag then post that instead of whatever you’re doing lmao

I dunno I guess I just choose for it to be 3 people who are stuck together in a hotel for the entire year to be happy instead of just assuming the tiny kiwi hypnotized two grown women into sitting in his lap and lovin’ on him.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

There are four people in the photo.

e: insofar as we are dissecting a photo and reading whatever we want into it, that's a pretty important part of contextualisation as to what we are looking at.

quote:

For me, uh, I really don’t think it’s fair to be like Taika is her BOSS because I don’t really think that’s how big name actors and directors view those working relationships at all. They are both working on a project doing different things, and Watiti has to direct them, but if there were an issue Tessa Thompson would be the one to stay and Disney would just boot Taika, and I think he knows that, and besides that the actresses are making way more for their work than he is, so if anything the power dynamic seems somewhat skewed in their favor.

That's literally the thinking that let Weinstein get away with what he did for so long.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 30, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Who would ever deny making out with one of these great looking people. Rita Ora in particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Alchenar posted:

That's literally the thinking that let Weinstein get away with what he did for so long.

Aren’t Producers and Directors usually totally different things? I thought Weinstein was a producer, who is the bankroll of the production and generally IS considered to be “The Boss”. I thought that was the case, anyway.