Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

oddium posted:

june games chat thread: oddium posts again and every one cheers we love her ☺️

I hooted and hollered once each when you and stux returned but any more than that would be discourteous to the other posters

hm, I'm kind of in a funk trying to decide what to do today. If I'm not feeling FFXIV maybe I'll start Yakuza 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

june games chat thread: oddium posts again and every one cheers we love her ☺️

youre doing a great job, a great job!!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

In some places they have the opposite seasons as us normal people. In some places they don’t even have four seasons!!

In Australia the seasons go backwards

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

I hooted and hollered once each when you and stux returned but any more than that would be discourteous to the other posters

I don't get it

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
In Australia the seasons are venomous

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

June Chat Thread: Mario is still dead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

I would definitely avoid early Hard level fights until you’re sure you can handle them. I can’t give too much advice unless you also chose Leonard but bows have a paralysis move you can glimmer early, and clubs and greatswords also have an attack debuff that makes enemies more manageable since debuffs stack as long as you keep seeing X Stat Down. Basically just do baby mode Easy/Normal fights until you glimmer new moves cause a lot of the early moves are utility that make enemies more manageable.

Also the tutorials eventually mention it but different of enemies are weak to either slash/blunt/thrust damage, iirc birds are weak to piercing, humans are weak to slashing, and shelled things (crabs and bugs) are weak to blunt.

I started with the mage girl, I can't even remember her name right now. I keep jumping into every single fight I see regardless of difficulty and I'm getting wrecked. Also humans are loving tough.

So yeah, I think I just need to start over. I'm just not sure I remember the choices to start with who I had. I'll figure it out.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Walla posted:

I started with the mage girl, I can't even remember her name right now. I keep jumping into every single fight I see regardless of difficulty and I'm getting wrecked. Also humans are loving tough.

So yeah, I think I just need to start over. I'm just not sure I remember the choices to start with who I had. I'll figure it out.

Iirc Urpika (the other girl) is the recommended starter choice since she gets to dual wield swords easier than other characters and her story is more linear. Good luck!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Walla posted:

He's literally got a game coming out in June

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

Iirc Urpika (the other girl) is the recommended starter choice since she gets to dual wield swords easier than other characters and her story is more linear. Good luck!

Funny enough I initially started with her and accidentally closed the game before saving and restarted with the other girl.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not bad for a dead guy.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

I don't get it

There’s nothing to get, I’m just postin

SeXReX posted:

That’s right, Super Mario Skyward Sword

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SeXReX posted:

His newest game was already completed before his death.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mario will win a posthumous Oscar for Best Supporting.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

SeXReX posted:

Golf doesn't count.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Can't get the loving gamepass games to uninstall and actually delete from my HD.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I prefer June June Sonic Warrior but the Sonic June Sonic June one works too

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
we're over the June that oddium is posting in the chat thread

we wouldn't July we're glad stux is posting too

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
June in to the most fragmented E3 season yet!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

i do not appreciate what i've seen of these script rewrites

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

StratGoatCom posted:

Can't get the loving gamepass games to uninstall and actually delete from my HD.

This is kind of a pain but there's a (relatively) quick way to get rid of the files if Gamepass doesn't properly dispose of the installs.

1. Download WinDirStat first to see where the phantom installs are located. For Gamepass files that's gonna be WindowsApps -> MSIXVC
2. Go to File Explorer -> View and make sure hidden files are enabled and that you have admin privileges.
3. Right click on WindowsApps in the corresponding drive and select Properties -> Security -> Advanced.
4. Next to where it displays the Owner near the top of the tab, hit Change.
5. Type your MSN username into the text box and click Check Names.
6. Hit OK in all the open windows.
7. You'll now be able to go into WindowsApps and delete any of the leftover installs. If you need to access another folder, go through the same process you did with WindowsApps.

Good luck!

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 30, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i do not appreciate what i've seen of these script rewrites

You don't like the translators writing as if they're Twitter posting in 2021?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i defeated the final boss of sekiro last night and immediately slammed the record video button because i was too frazzled to actually absorb the deathblow animations. i then fished out my flashdrive and used it to watch the other three endings, having already seen the bad one last month. what an incredible game!! i can't help but be a bit sad it's over now. idk where it will end up since it's still only may but it will definitely rank pretty high on my goty list. the aesthetic of bloodborne holds a special place in my heart, but cainhurst has a rival for best area now in the fountainhead palace. and the contrast between the palace and what you return to afterward! gameplay-wise sekiro is easily the best I've ever experienced out of fromsoft's catalog, and the characters and their relationships were surprisingly moving. the way the final boss screams DO IT before the final blow gave me chills, i keep thinking about it. move over elden ring, i want sekiro 2: journey to the west

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

hell yeah congrats looper

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
How dare the game treat Mara the same way it is always been treated.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

wuggles posted:

It’s the 35th anniversary and also

https://youtu.be/EYW7-hNXZlM

30th not 35th

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

i defeated the final boss of sekiro last night and immediately slammed the record video button because i was too frazzled to actually absorb the deathblow animations. i then fished out my flashdrive and used it to watch the other three endings, having already seen the bad one last month. what an incredible game!! i can't help but be a bit sad it's over now. idk where it will end up since it's still only may but it will definitely rank pretty high on my goty list. the aesthetic of bloodborne holds a special place in my heart, but cainhurst has a rival for best area now in the fountainhead palace. and the contrast between the palace and what you return to afterward! gameplay-wise sekiro is easily the best I've ever experienced out of fromsoft's catalog, and the characters and their relationships were surprisingly moving. the way the final boss screams DO IT before the final blow gave me chills, i keep thinking about it. move over elden ring, i want sekiro 2: journey to the west

i didnt go get the other endings yet but the one i got owned

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sekiro's cinematography is so good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Knockout City seems like a neat and fun game but the fact its gone F2P within a week of launching seems like a bad sign

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I mean hasn't it always been a F2P model?

I think people have figured out launching a multiplayer-only game with an upfront boxed price is instant death in 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1398685619153477633?s=21

Incase anyone hasnt seen this yet, the replies are amazing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I didn't read it but I did read all the game reviewers I follow who had to lock their accounts because they started getting harassed by people after that was published

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Acerbatus posted:

Every reply is just someone commenting on the replies.

It's a very poo poo joke anyway.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Acerbatus posted:

:drat:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

That made me check out Filip Miucin (the disgraced IGN reviewer who the joke was originally about). He's still making YT content, though his output has decreased a lot. They're all highly downvoted and the top comments are some variant of "Did you plagiarize this as well?".

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Looper posted:

Congratulations!!!

I got up to the final boss and had some trouble. Maybe tried for a total of about an hour or two so far. I decided to wait until I could play this on a better graphics card: I was on a 980 and got a bigger monitor and suddenly the FPS wasn't great. So I got a 3080 in November and just haven't bothered to pick it up again. What was your final loadout? How long did you try to beat him? I want to do this but I'm having trouble motivating myself to try the final boss again. For reference I spent about six hours on genchiro but finally beat him, and in the final boss I've got him to 2 pips left and can generally beat the first pip without taking much or any damage.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Acerbatus posted:

https://twitter.com/bytemepodcast/status/1398701177286582274

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why do videogame reviewers call themselves journalists? Did the movie thumbs men consider himselves a journalist? Does the person writing product reviews for toasters fancy themselves a journalist?

Yes they call themselves that because of how what they do is considered journalism, don't quote me on this ever again.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 30, 2021